[Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토

maribella

2 hours ago, admonike said:

I do sincerely hope it will be sweet satisfying for the last 10 eps.. Revenge time!

I see it going half & half - Eun-Jo will rage for 5 episodes, and spend the last 5 going back

At the end of the latest episode it seems she is going to try to ignore New Mom's dying wish, and seek revenge anyway. I think she will be successful in part, just not in the manner she originally envisioned.  Ha-Ra, Se-Rin, Mr Na, EvilStepMom, Chairman Oh, will all end up in jail or dead. The only one who might slip by is Papa Ju - maybe.

Somewhere along the way, something bad will happen, and New Moms last words will be revisited ... don't live your life obsessed with revenge as I did ... Don't lose what's most precious ...   In the end, she will honor New Moms wish and return.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

15 hours ago, dzareth said:

Earlier in the series, I've said that at that point both men (Uni & Disco oppa) were not worthy of EJ. Back then I proposed New Mom's bodyguard aka Mr Wang as a potential love interest. But now I'll say that Ms M is unworthy of any of them.

For an avenger, she lacks the resolute. Thus she made many, many errors and flipped the advantage she initially had to her enemies.

I suppose the show wanted to create a cold heroine who was scarred by a past betrayal, but in the revenge process discovered she still has that warmth she thought was long gone, but due to the weak story telling and character development, the heroine ended up like a mad b****h. Because the heroine is so messed up, the villain had to be one dimensional pure evil and every other character became random stupidity.

Too bad. The premise of the show, The Tale of Count Monte Cristo is among the most loved revenge literature available.

I agree!  In the end, she should just be with her Mum and litte brother.

Seems like the 2 men also gave up on her - based on what i read in this forum.  Uni Oppa apologised to her - when he didn’t have to.  He blamed himself that HR’s obsession caused so much pain and suffering to EJ and her family.  He let her go to Disco Oppa because he wanted her to have a happy life.  Disco Oppa thought to protect Uni Oppa from EJ’S revenge. How about they start up an Oppa company and work together for the rest of their lives!  

From the start, when she approached Hoon and gave him the same soft toy HR would recognised and telling Hoon that she is Byeol’s Mum - that shows her level of stupidity.  Little kids tell everything to their parents.  Step Mum told her that her revenge would only succeed if her identify is revealed after the revenge was completed.  But EJ left clues everywhere.  

• Like 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

I’m disappointed they went and kill her new mom of I wanted her and her new mom and Mr wang to go back to Hong Kong to have a wonderful after she go nuclear on all jwang lay it to dust she can bring her mom and brother to if she want and have 2 babies with Mr.wang and have both grandmas spoil them together to be a good person but still tough and smart that’s how I wish it would end and never to return to Korea where all the bad stuff happen to EJ. I’m still soooo mad they did not take care of that goon right then and there either send him to jail or ship him to North Korea DMZ zone nuclear explosion bomb GIFnorth korea artists on tumblr GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

This is a daily show which always has some form of repentance. EJ is the FL, she's not leaving the show without forgiving even the trio of witches. I hope it's very short or just implied. 

I see some pairings, the feel good element is missing. Papa Ju is prison fodder, maybe with Mama Cha visiting him in prison. 

I see a possible scenario of SH and Hoon leaving the country to start a new life and EJ comes running ( airport scene).

Mr Wang and possibly with BM or alone heads Heipu fund. Disco oppa building up a company from Jewang's ruins with Grandma and maid.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, maribella said:

I see a possible scenario of SH and Hoon leaving the country to start a new life and EJ comes running ( airport scene).

( can't believe I'm saying this )  I don't think that will happen - Uni Oppa will side with DF Oppa in the coming episodes, and he will try to talk Eun-Jo back from the edge, I think it will get kinda nasty, as she hisses and spits, Uni Oppa will remind her he lost a child as well, and had to live with the idea she had been dead for 5 years ... I see it getting ugly with both Oppa brothers who will more than likely be pushing for a law enforcement solution rather than decimation on Jewang Group

Again, I see something bad happening to someone inadvertently, and thats what snaps Eun-Jo back. Even if thats exactly what happens, there's not enough time left for heart feels - best thing to hope for is a last episode time jump, Uni Oppa and Hoon are returning from a year backpacking around the world. and they run into Eun-Jo at home or on the street ... Hoon runs up to her and calls her Star's Mom, and she smiles and corrects him saying ... my name is Eun-Jo, a smile to Uni Oppa and thats it. 

Fatal Promised again

Edit:  The Maid takes her eye reading skills and joins the NIS B)

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

45 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

( can't believe I'm saying this )  I don't think that will happen - Uni Oppa will side with DF Oppa in the coming episodes, and he will try to talk Eun-Jo back from t

It still can swing either way Disco oppa or Uni oppa, I think they have not stopped filming.

I don't believe they will make SH nonchalantly walking along somewhere without looking for EJ. Going far away but knowing that she's alive is the only way for him to be apart from her - that's the kind of love the writer has made for him. But if in Seoul, he's not going to able to ignore her and accidentally bump into her.

I would like to see at least Jewang fashion disappear. It was built on the hopes and dreams of New mum and GH's father. I think it will disappear. It was also managed by crooked Ms Geum. BTW, when  SR was first exposed, Evil stepmum's bribe taking was exposed, OBG still kept her. So he turned out to be just like her. Why on earth did they make him to be duped by Evil stepmum? 

I am holding out. The WTOD and amnesia - check, love triangle - check,  running at the airport - not yet.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I don't believe they will make SH nonchalantly walking along somewhere without looking for EJ. Going far away but knowing that she's alive is the only way for him to be apart from her

I don't think it'll be nonchalantly, I don't think he'll have to look for her. I think they will fight about her remaining Ga-Heun, and Uni Oppa will remain just as long as it takes to put the last bad guy/girl behind bars.  He's already tried to give her to DF Oppa, and he has refused to fight with her about coming back, she has hissed at him, trying to fight with him, swearing she'll never come back and his answer was simply ... I know.  I think he will try to protect her from herself, but once there are no more bad guys, he'll leave - He said he'd be satisfied just knowing she is still alive, and I think that'll be the ending for them ... unless as I said before, we get a simple smile from Eun-Jo to him at the close of the drama.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

think he will try to protect her from herself, but once there are no more bad guys, he'll leave - He said he'd be satisfied just knowing she is still alive, and I think that'll be the ending for them ... unless as I said before, we get a simple smile from Eun-Jo to him at the close of the drama.

There will be a feel good ending because we know both our MLs are good people and our FL is a good person who had been wronged. Usually there will be one couple. The loser will get signs of future pairing. 

I don't see the writer making EJ-HJ a couple, very cold there, though that would be nice once his poisonous relatives are chopped off. 

EJ may get to meet a third party. SH will be happy with his son, with or without EJ.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

43 minutes ago, maribella said:

There will be a feel good ending because we know both our MLs are good people and our FL is a good person who had been wronged. Usually there will be one couple. The loser will get signs of future pairing. 

While in general I would agree, we do have examples of where this almost exact set up gave us no couple - think my often mentioned Fatal Promise.  Just like Miss MonteCristo, they hinted at love between the ML & FL lead all drama long - Just like Miss MonteCristo there was a similar immature exec wannbe who was presented as the 3 leg in the love triangle. All were good people but in the end, the FL gave the ML a smile, and if memory serves a handshake -

We've got 10 episodes left, and the story at this point demands angry confrontations as neither Oppa brother will agree to decimate Jewang Group, and neither will sit by and just watch it happen.  Both former would-be suitors will be fighting Eun-Jo in one form or fashion quite soon I'd imagine.

We may have friendly feelings return, but I don't see any couples at this point.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

While in general I would agree, we do have examples of where this almost exact set up gave us no couple - think my often mentioned Fatal Promise.  Just like Miss MonteCristo, they hinted at love between the ML & FL lead all drama long - Just like Miss MonteCristo there was a similar immature exec wannbe who was

Hints versus engaged to be married are hardly in the same category.

That cry baby in Fatal Promise was also not in HJ's category.

There will be a couple, even a wedding. We haven't had a real wedding, only misses.  
Nope you are wrong. 

• LOL 1
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, maribella said:

Hints versus engaged to be married are hardly in the same category.

That cry baby in Fatal Promise was also not in HJ's category.

There will be a couple, even a wedding. We haven't had a real wedding, only misses.  
Nope you are wrong. 

Okay - I'm listening - How?

She's going to war with DF Oppa over New Moms Legacy - there has never been anything approaching genuine affection between these two.  How are they going to get past the corporate stumbling block, his Daddy issues, and find true love all in the next 10 episodes?

She's going to war with Uni Oppa over what is essentially her soul/identity - While Uni Oppa has a definite advantage on DF Oppa when it comes to previous affection, he will also be opposing her in the coming corporate war.  She has clearly gone cold to the point of being cruel to Old Mom, he has already acknowledged there is no "US" anymore, he fights now only because he believes he is partially responsible for letting her become this way. The only way for them to be together would be for HER to go after HIM, no motivation present for that, and as before 10 episodes isn't enough time to resolve Jewang/Oman issue and have love bloom again.

Third Party - Possible with big time jump, but thats just bad writing, putting a non-sensical ending on just for feels.

So, to use your words ...

7 hours ago, maribella said:

Nope you are wrong. 

episode 16 GIFWedding No GIF by S4C

.... wow, you actually have me arguing that Eun-Jo & Uni Oppa won't get married ... this drama is so messed up!

face palm GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

41 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

wow, you actually have me arguing that Eun-Jo & Uni Oppa won't get married ... this drama is so messed up!

I didn't say it's Uni oppa, it could be Disco oppa even though it seems remote now. But there will be a couple. We will end the show with a feel good finale. 

Because 

this is a daily show and good people get rewarded and bad people often get just a smack on the knuckles, but we could get lucky here. Too many evil ones. Life imprisonment.

Back to couple, Uni oppa has his happiness called Hoon. I agree, too much water under the bridge.

Disco oppa will get a chance to rebuild Jewang group minus Jewang fashion - this goes to Hueipu. He won't be alone since he has Grandma and maid. Not really happy, 

EJ had her revenge, she is spent. Disco oppa asks her to marry him and start a new life. Ma, Pa and daughter snakes are in prison for life.

I thought the writer would put in a twist and it could be SH or HJ but @LeftCoastOppa you've convinced me it could not be SH.  

So team Disco oppa .... we have a good chance. :wow1:

• LOL 3
  • Blob 1

Sorry folks getting sidetracked by other dramas so it isn’t all that easy to keep track and post as much as I like. But on a good thing you all don’t need to see me ramble on with my long posts and you get a well-deserved break.

Well, in regards to the drama I don’t know if I should modify an anime sound track and say 3, 2, 1, Everybody join me in a bout of laughter at various parts in the drama itself (character stupidity included) or sigh in frustration at the mistakes these characters make including the writer etc… Sure some things are predictable as I will try and point out but that doesn’t mean that I have to support it all the way. Look the writer had a great material to work with and I could even go along with the fact that they decided to go with a gender bender for the original hero as well as trying to adapt it to modern times but the way they messed up at times just to fill up their quota of 100 episodes seems to do the character injustice which I can’t approve. Belive me I loved the original work that I must have read it a bunch of times whenever I got abridged mostly but also the unabridged though that was one time only as well as the last time that I read it. While this story seems to have gotten the jist of that some of the liberties that they took just don’t sit right with me.

Anyway, before I get accused of getting of topic lets move on to the drama itself. Warning all of you get ready for my round of rambling.

Spoiler

Okay for starters let me bring up a point that someone brought up in regards to the possible pairing of Hairclip Mom and Papa Ju and that is the fact that they are unaware of the fact of what Serin did to Eun Joo in the past. Now while that is fair my point still remains that if Miss Monte Cristo ends up with Universal Oppa in the end that will still be a messed up family dynamic no matter how one sees it or even tries to justify it.

First of all, she has to raise the child of Giraffe the same person that tried to kill her and her child. Even if one takes into account that she has bonded with Hoon on an emotional and genuine level just how long is it going to last. Even if she tries to justify the fact that he isn’t his mother’s son, a worthy replacement for her own child and the fact she saved him from an unworthy mother she can’t cut of his ties to his own mother unless she wants a repeat of what happened to Disco Oppa which is only going to cause a headache for her down the line. But like I said that will be a constant reminder of what she lost thanks to his mother. It may even affect their relationship down the line but we will have to wait and see.

But then that is not enough looking after just one of her archenemies kid and being family with them sort of but now she will also be family with Serin as well. This means that she will need the actual patience of a Saint to accept Serin and perhaps even forgive her as part of her new family which I find absurd. But hey thanfully this is a K-Drama and not real life where such things apparently are the norm.

Now comes to the end pairing while it seems pretty obvious that she will probably end up with Universal Oppa there can be another one as well a bit more faithful to the actual novel we just have to wait and see which one we get. But before I get into that let me bring up why they may be hinting Universal Oppa as End Game.

First of all, the guy seems to be everywhere these days also not counting the fact that they used to be first loves and all and that he didn’t actually betray her for his ambitions or anything like that. He was a victim of sorts by his wife. Not only that they seem to show that at certain times they get the feeling that the others life is in great peril showing that they have this great Cosmic Connection or something going for them like that. Probably nothing beats first love like that. I do remember watching another daily a few years back where the male leads mother one time sensed when his father was in an accident and all but even then, those two didn’t end up together. The father finally realized that while she was indeed his first love and all he needed his wife who was there for him for so long and supported him etc… Never mind the fact that his wife was kind of clingy and insecure back then or prior to him making that descion. Not that this counts over here after all both of these characters quantify as leads and deserve their own happy ending so let’s see where that goes. But while we are on the topic of him being everywhere just check him out.

When New Mom has dementia and has Miss Monte Cristo step out on the street who does Mr. Wang contact first. You guessed correctly if you though it was him. Why would he do that when he knows that Miss Monte Cristo was to get married with Disco Oppa also how New Mom feels about Universal Oppa and all. When New Mom gets abducted by Na he goes to search for her with Miss Monte Cristo. Okay that was him being conveniently at her place so he sort of gets away with that. But after her accident over there we see him spend a lot of time next to her bed at the hospital clearly indicating that the writer probably wants those two to end up together. Heck this could have been a perfect opportunity for both male leads to be in the hospital next to her or even when she wakes up one of the to be there next to her so she has a harder time deciding who she wants to be with. But no instead we get Universal Oppa hogging all of her time and indicating that he will end up with her. Kind of do feel bad for Disco Oppa but not all that much.

But while we are on the topic of him the guy is going to have to really love her after this point if he wants to end up with her. I say this because now that she is aware that Jewang Group is responsible for New Moms death she plans to continue her revenge as well as her mothers in taking it down whether she has the resources or not. This means that she has to go up against Disco Oppa who loves his company and all and will try and protect it to the end. Unless he realizes that the company is just not worth it as it is now stained with blood from a whole lot of people and he shouldn’t be protecting his father he has no chance to end up with her. True Love certainly asks a lot doesn’t it. Not sure where I stand on this matter for the time being. This does though bring me up to the fact that Grandmother is an idiot who just threw away her life insurance for absolutely nothing at this point.

She just realized that her son confessed to perhaps taking out New Mom (or atleast planned too) and that has been recorded by the hidden camera. But here is the deal the damage has already been done so whether or not she gets rid of the picture/camera the other side will already be aware of what he did and she can’t do anything to get rid of it at this point unless she perhaps pleads for them to forgive her family. Something that she should actually be doing instead of trying to protect her son (something which is impossible at this point that I mentioned). Not only that but now if any of the Evil Witches try to make an attempt at her life there is going to be no way to either protect her or use that as evidence against them. Heck even them admitting to a crime that they committed can’t be used at this point unless the maid decided not to get rid of the picture and frame it in some other room as she thought that it was too good to waste. Thus, it picks up a confession from some of the villains that can be used at a later point. We do sadly have 10 more episodes to go meaning 2 more weeks of drama.

I do feel that the episodes can be finished in the next 5 episodes that is if these characters decide not to do anymore stupid mistakes but we all know that isn’t going to be the case. Infact I probably spotted another one thanks to a Drama Logic Fail which I will be bringing up shortly. But before I get into any of that let me bring up the final ending, we may end up getting which may be a bit more faithful to the original novel and where all of you think which ending is far more likely at this point.

In this ending they all decide to go their own separate ways because Universal Oppa has come to realize that all that his family has done to her and all is just too much of a gap for them to end up together and he also realizes that it would simply be too much for her to raise his kid with Giraffe no matter whether she may be okay with it at the moment. Since she has burned all her bridges with Disco Oppa for taking her mothers revenge as well she can’t be with him also. This leaves her all alone with Mr. Wang so these two end up sailing, flying away or just leaving somehow into the sunset with each other. Him being the ever loyal guy hanging around his new family and all. Like I said a bit like the original novel though if you don’t want that we get her to be with either of the male leads where they work out whatever differences that they have and be with them. So, take your pick at this point.

On a side note, I do wonder just where exactly is Hoon heck they missed out a perfect opportunity to use him. Remember when Universal Oppa is so stressed out after discovering the truth about what if wife did to his first love that he ends up going in shock and has amnesia of sorts. Well got to give it to the writer that he must probably have the fastest recovery from amnesia in a drama that I must have seen and not only that he didn’t even need to get hit on the head for his memories to return. Got to hand it over to his dumb wife that helped him do that. Hilariously everyone now seems to think that she is way to possessive or obsessed with him at this point but it seems to make no difference to her. Anyway, as I was mentioning when he had the amnesia it would have been the perfect opportunity for him to run into his son and wonder why this kid was suddenly calling him Dad. It would have been interesting to see what kind of story his friends and family would try and come up with. Would they perhaps tell him the truth and he would be in denial or say that he was already married to Eun Joo and that is their kid? Probably wouldn’t fly but like I said it would have been interesting to see what could have happened. Instead, he only gets to call him when he gets his memory back and Giraffe uses that to her advantage and all. But after that he seems to have disappeared once again. He might as well have remained at that camp that Giraffe hid him of too if they were going to waste him like that.

Speaking of Universal Oppa and him getting amnesia I simply couldn’t stop laughing when the Truck Of Doom was heading towards him because I was suddenly reminded of the poll that we recently had thanks to @Lmangla (sadly I couldn’t take part in it as I missed it). Did the writer actually read the poll as well and Universal Oppa was like let’s test it out folks who is going to rescue me. Which Option applies here can anyone say just for further laughs. Also, why the heck don’t these Truck Of Doom ever actually stop they have ample time to do so unless it is a deliberate action and that doesn’t count. Perhaps this driver was an actual Card Carrying Villain and was in a rush to hit his next victim that he didn’t care about Universal Oppa getting tagged along as well. Maybe he thought that he would get more points hitting a bonus victim and all.

Moving on to the part where this show could have probably finished in the next five or so episodes if they didn’t decide to make Eun Joo Miss Revenge Incarnate once again. Over here we had her fall into a coma after trying to rescue New Mom and all. At this point we see both Serin and Giraffe try and make another possible attempt at her life fortunately she woke up before they could do anything to her and Bomi decided to also return at this point sensing something amiss further preventing the two to do anything to her. But over here the writers wasted a perfect opportunity sadly. What I mean is that pretty much everyone knows at this point that those two would want to harm her again if they want to cover up their crimes and all. So in this case they should have given them that opportunity such as having a recording device hidden in that room. This way they could have perhaps tricked them by saying that she was in a critical condition or still in a coma thus when they would head over there to harm her, they would either get caught making a confession incriminating themselves or trying to kill her again. Bonus points if they got caught doing both. At this point the cops come in guns blazing revealing that it was all a trap to entrap them. Bonus points again if it is revealed that she had also recovered and that it was perhaps part of her plan to get them and all. Perfect way to execute part of her revenge atlesat. The remaining parts could be to see how those two would try and wiggle their way out of this mess that they had gotten themselves into. Pretty sure we can expect what would have happened. Giraffe would have tried to pin all the blame on Serin somehow unless she was caught harming her and all.

On a side note, did anyone note the outfits the two friends were wearing in that scene. Normally I don’t notice such things but this time it was quite glaring. Giraffe was in White while Serin was in Black. Interestingly showing of their nature of sorts. Giraffe was to perhaps indicate that she pretends to be innocent and pure hence in white. She further indicates this point that since she is from a rich family, she can’t get her hands dirty and that is why she has minions for. Serin being in black showing that she does a lot of deeds that shouldn’t be spoken off. Yet the good thing here was that it seems like Serin has finally gotten the name of the game correct. Thus, she is hesitant to pull the plug on Miss Monte Cristo this time around and correctly points out to Giraffe that her hands are already stained with the supposed death of Eun Joo back in the day so another death shouldn’t be on her conscience at this point. Glad to see that she isn’t going to easily be fooled by Giraffe to take the fall for her death again. Still, it probably comes a bit to late to make much of a difference at this point.

Okay so wait Giraffe wants to alter her movie script this late in the game is that even possible at this point. As far as I can tell Miss Monte Cristo was the sole writer for that movie conveniently mind you. So, this means that the producers/directors probably need a new writer at this point if they want to implement her part of the plan which isn’t going to be easy or cause further delays in the production. I don’t think that they would be okay with that just because Giraffe is trying to be a Diva. Instead, more people like her manager should start being vocal about the stunts and power play that she brings on the set to further embarrass her and prevent her from doing such things in the future. Better yet they should hold her accountable to the contract that she signed which will prevent her from doing so currently. Speaking of her managers comment just how long did it take to get approved that she found out about it after a few episodes after it happened. It is going to be interesting how the manager tries to buy time in getting out of that mess.  Hopefully he can get in a few more digs before he is exposed but by then it will be too late to do anything to him and her true nature is also exposed.

Someone posted Miss Monte Cristo’s past work to showcase her acting via Ruby Ring. Thanks for that. Is that drama any good did see a bit of her acting in that which did seem good and all but that doesn’t mean I can tell if a drama was good or not. Don’t want to waste my time if it is a terrible or dumb show no matter how good a persons acting is. But while we are on topic, I did seem to notice that Miss Monte Cristo seems to be way more fair compared to that drama and perhaps even at the start of this drama. Death certainly did wonders for her just like Vampires. Is she one as well? LoL

Wait just how strong are the delusions of these two women (Giraffe and Serin) while we are at it. I mean given what 90 episodes or so we know exactly where the men in their lives stand but they still haven’t given up on obtaining them. Just to prove it here are a few lines by them. Note they aren’t perfect quotes but one gets the idea.

Giraffe: If I can’t have him I will end my life

What seriously. Well okay will save us a lot of time and all. Also this is after he knows the truth I believe. But she still wants him or how about one better.

Giraffe: Lets go for a restart/reset. (or the similar variants that she comes up with0

“ : I didn’t divorce him for good I just did so to give him time. After a reset I was going to take him back.

Sorry the others for her slipped my mind but one gets the idea.

Serin: Guess what Oppa after your multiple attempts at wedding failures who else apart from me will take/accept you back. So, you have to marry me.

Or

Serin: This is the only way for me to protect him. Hopefully he will realize my sincerity and accept me.

Well good luck in that department both of you. But especially Giraffe since she is clearly aware that Universal Oppa is never going to be with her if he discovers the entire truth about what she did to Eun Joo as well as her dad yet she insists on having him all to herself especially after him still discovering what she did. Meaning she knows that he is never going to come back to her yet she still wants him. Boy that certainly is hilarious and entertaining at the same time. Don’t even know what else to say in regards to this at the moment. Am sure given time I will get it.

Okay remember when I said that this show becomes hilarious due to the writer not being able to keep their facts straight. Look up some of my previous posts if they are still around to see me bring up some of those points. Well, the writer continues to bumble through causing Drama Logic Fails just to progress a plot not realizing that they are easily creating plot holes at the same time. Sure, some of them can be funny or feel satisfying that we are more than willing to ignore them at that point but when they continue for other reasons we simply sigh with frustration at the same time.

What do I mean by this? Simple thanks to this mistake the writer may have very well given a way to Serin to identify DDM Queen’s true identity thus further preventing the story to end in the next few episodes. Remember when she is in Miss Monte Cristo’s office and finds a bunch of designs that catch her eye that she decides to swipe them and all. Guess what I have a feeling that those were the very designs that the DDM Queen was perhaps planning on giving to her at some point. But now that she has early access to them things are going to get complicated. Miss Monte Cristo probably isn’t going to be aware that Serin has her hands on those designs and will send them to her. Once Serin who isn’t a complete idiot by this point realizes that they are similar to something that she has recently seen will look over what she has. She will discover at this point that they are the exact same ones that she pilfered from Miss Monte Cristo and thus come to the realization that she and the DDM Queen are the one and the same. This means that she handed over the only evidence of her crime and security to Miss Monte Cristo the same person that wants to see her downfall. Knowing K-Drama rules Miss Monte Cristo still won’t have learned her lesson and would only have one copy of it which is going to get stolen by the villains. Probably Mr. Na again. Those people really need to up their security but I guess that is too much to ask at this point. Hopefully the villains can also be predictable and fail to get rid of said evidence allowing the good guys to finally recover it and use it at the last stretch and all.

But let me get to the actual Drama Logic fail as to why this shouldn’t have been easily possible unless we give them a way out which I can sort of see but not really. This being just how did Serin actually find herself inside the office in the first place. If anyone remembers Miss Monte Cristo had upped the offices security way back so that there wouldn’t be any kind of unauthorized access (especially by the likes of Serin) and we know that this security is still there. Because just a few episodes back Serin tried to infiltrate the office but was rejected by the security system. Yet she now had access to enter said office trying to search for documents but ended up with those design sketches instead. One might try and argue the fact that perhaps Evil Mom perhaps got her that access or she discovered that female employee’s access card and used it. (if only the later was true showing that Serin can actually be sneaky and all). But as for the former I find that hard to believe. Are you trying to tell me that Evil Mom actually managed to pull a fast one over both Oppas and give access to Serin. No way is that happening.

Infact after getting her hands on the sketches she heads over to Universal Oppa thinking that he is going to give her the keys to the kingdom and make her team manager or something. Yet he didn’t seem to have an inkling about that and instead he wanted to turn herself in for all her crimes. So there is no way that he would have let her get a pass to that office.

But one can still argue that there is overall nothing wrong with perhaps Evil Mom pulling her clout and getting her that access until you notice the fact that the security is simply nonexistent in that office unless the plot demands it. Let’s look at the following incidents to prove my point.

We know that Serin has failed to enter said office atleast two times thanks to the security installed so we know that it works at times. But at the same time, we have also seen other people enter the same office who shouldn’t be able to do so if there is a security system. For instance, we have seen Giraffe herself enter in said office even to ask other workers working over there to let her have some time alone with Miss Monte Cristo. How did she manage to enter said office? Does she perhaps have a master key since she is part of the owner’s family that allows her full access to any part of the company. That is a serious breach of security but I guess I can let that one pass for the moment. But then we have the scene when Bomi dunks Giraffe with a bucket full of water. I won’t lie to anyone over here that certainly was amusing but I brought up a question back in the day why was a bucket of water even there in the first place. I guess the better question would be as to how did Bomi even gain access to the office assuming that it was locked due to the security measures and all. With Giraffe we have given her a theoretical all access pass being part of the owner’s family but Bomi would not have that kind of pass or luxury. Yet she was able to enter said office for a very satisfying scene (the first time that I must have witnessed a second female lead facing said kind of situation.)

Thus, I can easily prove that this writer fails to keep their facts straight due to what they feel will progress the plot without realizing these glaringly obvious plot holes. Oh well I guess we get to see more comedy instead of revenge then.

So, Mr. Na still thinks that he has a shot at getting to marry Serin. Yep, the delusions in this show certainly are amusing as I pointed out earlier. What he doesn’t seem to get is that the only place that he is going to end up is back in jail if he continues to follow Serin and her ways. I guess they say love is blind and that is what is happening over here but his days are literally numbered. Just because he got his blank signature paper back doesn’t mean that has any kind of control instead far from it. He has been throwing his principles a lot for both Serin and the Evil Jewang Group thus he has managed to kidnap people and harm both women and children something he claims isn’t his style. Infact in the last episode Mr. Wang personally witnessed him abducting New Mom. This means that the cops have a basis to now go after him. Why they haven’t already done so is beyond me and is probably due to the fact that the writer has perhaps messed up again. But regardless of all this if either the following people testify against him, he is certainly going down. Mr. Wang – the abduction of New Mom, Miss Monte Cristo – for attempting to abduct her and also burry/kill her, Bomi – approached her with thugs to cause her bodily harm or assaulted her while stealing from her (dress), Universal Oppa (for bonus points) – for abducting his son (though that one the lawyers need to debate if that counts or not), though he did stab him so that certainly counts. At this point it is pretty much game over for him. A shame nobody is doing anything to try and stop him.

But while we are on the topic of Mr. Na lets move on to another plot that the writer seems to have brought up in the last episode itself and this will probably be the edge that the main leads need to use to gain victory. Since Mr. Na isn’t going anywhere anytime soon Evil Mom plans on using him as her lacky especially where she can’t use her secretary or even when she should. The secretary is bound to get offended by this especially since he has been so loyal to her for so long. This means that he is going to do something to get back to her. Remember in the last episode when he is discussing the things that secretaries should be doing (turning a blind eye to their owners doing) he instead tells his juniors that is a lot of hogwash. Instead, what they should be doing is while remaining silent gathering evidence of their wrongdoings and using it as leverage and an insurance policy should said people decide to go against them and throw them under a bridge. Well, being replaced by a bumbling idiot certainly qualifies as him wanting to use one of Evil Moms crimes to maintain his position in the company. So, we can be sure that he will attempt to blackmail or backstab her to secure his position at some point down the line. Hopefully the main leads will become aware of this and manage to convince him to totally jump ship though that might be wishful thinking on my part at this point.

Another part where I was sort of sighing in frustration even though I thought something similar might happen. Before New Mom ended up with dementia, I was kind of worried that the villains might try and convince her that her daughters’ death was because of Miss Monte Cristo and that would turn her against her. But at the same time, I was wondering just how they would convince her of this fact since she was the one that discovered Eun Joo in the first place and all. They would have to work really hard in regards to this. Fortunately, the writer seemed to realize this and decided to give her dementia. Problem with this is that there was no previous indication of any of this and they made her dementia progress really fast allowing her to turn against Miss Monte Cristo and all. A shame really but like I keep pointing out the writer seems to be desperate to stretch this plot as long as they can which is affecting the story at times. Will admit that it was interesting to witness her dementia and all and how she switched between her memory loss and how the people were using that against her by twisting the truth and all.

Also, while we are on the topic of her mental state am quite sad that she ended up dying and all. Was actually hoping that they could make it work between Miss Monte Cristo and her. Perhaps somehow adding her to her family in some way or the other. Oh well atleast New Mom is finally reunited with her daughter just don’t know whether I feel happy or sad about that. Mostly sad, I guess. But then we have Mr Na abducting her which eventually resulted in her death in the mountains. Speaking of this I guess the good guys were careless since they should have been extra careful knowing about her condition and should have never left her alone. I guess they didn’t realize her condition would deteriorate so quickly. Regardless of all this I am more surprised that the dumb villains are so happy that she is dead and out of the way that they aren’t realizing that they have shot themselves in their own foot.

Why do I say that is quite simple? First of when she meant missing is certainly and issue and one could have easily blamed it on the irresponsibility of her caretakers and all especially if she was never found. But then you have the fact that the good guys did actually find her and only that but, in the woods, too. Now wouldn’t the question be as too how she ended up over there. A patient with dementia certainly can’t end up there on their own. How would they go there and why? Fortunately, in this case Mr. Wang spotted Mr. Na abducting her and reported this to the police. But at the same time why haven’t the police apprehended him or tried to bring him in for questions. Even if he is on the run please try and show something more believable. Regardless it will all end up trailing back to the villains and they will end up getting roasted.

Evil Mom seems more like a clown these days especially when they show her silently trying to smirk when things go her way and talk to herself. The facial expressions just seem so epic because we can tell just how fake she is. Heck at this point even Giraffe can tell when her mother is faking it or is actually responsible for something. Perhaps Evil Mom should take some acting lessons and take a page from her daughters Handbook Of Villainy.  They are the perfect pair and should probably end up sharing the same jail cell if possible. But then again, I feel like jail is way to good for Giraffe. She needs to be locked up in a mental asylum because her obsession with Universal Oppa isn’t going anywhere as pointed out earlier. With constant defeats by the hand of Miss Monte Cristo it makes far more sense for her to finally lose her mind and end up in a mental asylum. Serin on the other hand can share a cell with Evil Mom because while she is also deluded and wants to be with Disco Oppa her level of delusion isn’t so bad as Giraffes.

Speaking of Miss Revenge Incarnate does anyone think that she can pull it off this time without a hitch and any issues especially considering the fact that she doesn’t have her teacher to advise her anymore. Perhaps the change of nail polish might be her turning point over here. Usually in dramas a new hairstyle shows the beginning of a new change in said characters but over here I was gauging it with the darker makeup Miss Monte Cristo was initially rocking including dark nail polish. But as time progressed and she got distracted with other things like let’s say Hoon and perhaps her relationship with him that she started to loosen up her darker makeup and nail polish to the point that they were just white or on her tips. But now it seems that she is bringing up a slightly darker shade again (not as dark as she initially wore but I guess that is the sign of progress over here). Then again, my observations are probably terrible so this is probably not the case.

Regardless of all this just how is she planning on executing her revenge at this point. She hasn’t completed her own initial revenge but now she wants to take on New Moms as well. Something the New Mom doesn’t want anymore. Infact her dying wish was that she should give up on revenge and reclaim her own life. Guess Miss Monte Cristo is bad at heeding good advice. But at this end stage what is there left to do. She has recorded evidence of Chairman confessing to perhaps taking out New Mom if she becomes a thorn in his son’s side. Add that to the time when New Mom was abducted then it certainly becomes more than mere coincidence. Find someway to link Mr. Na to that company and what he has to gain and that company goes down for atleast attempted murder, we also have the maid who can easily testify that she witnessed Evil Mom kill the original wife as well as the grandmother who can say that she confronted Evil Mom with the truth and that resulted in her stroke. This means that both husband and wife’s career are over and they will probably face jail time. Disco Oppa better stay out of all this and he will probably be safe from Miss Monte Cristo’s crosshairs. Giraffe is also going to go down because Miss Monte Cristo can easily accuse her of attempting to murder her father and her. For proof if she uses what Serin gave to her before it gets stolen as well as the phone recording that her doctor friend gave her will be game over for the two former best friends and all. As for attempting to harm her just go to the hospital where she was admitted to by New Mom after she was discovered after her accident. Get the reports that indicated that she was drugged by an anti-abortion medicine and atleast part of her claim is going to be verified. Sure Giraffe can try and pin it on Serin but I doubt that she will take it lying down at this point.

Serin is already going to have a hard time concerning the DDM Queen plot and whatnot that she wouldn’t want any extra charges added to her list without gaining anything in return. That means probably fighting back against Giraffe if she tries to pin anything extra onto her. I mean if Miss Monte Cristo simply moves ahead with this plan, she still gets her revenge and the villains have a harder time to recover. With the parents and Giraffe all charged for attempted murder their stock prices will easily go down after all who wants to invest in a family of crooks. If another company decides to step in at this point, she will still attain her goals of insuring that company gets sold or broken off.

The only stumbling block that I see in her plan at this point would be Universal Oppa and Disco Opp who would try and thwart her plans since they are loyal to that company for their own reasons and perhaps, they want to save her from walking this path. But at this point they are simply too late the family has not only hurt her but damaged her way too much at this point. The only thing that might somehow snap her out at this point would be if Hoon somehow ends up getting hurt in her revenge plans and all that or her family is harmed. Other than that, I pity the fool that dares to get in her way. Hopefully she will become revenge oriented once again something that she shouldn’t have stopped doing ages ago. But like I pointed out I feel that she has made a few blunders and some through from the writer that we will have to stick around for ten more episodes instead of five at the maximum.

On a side note, what do all of you think of her team workers at the company. I found their loyalty to her admirable to the fact that they only considered her as their superior and that if they had to work under Serin they would rather walk out and force her to choose a new team and all. This is after the fact that almost everyone at work knows the fact that she pretended to be New Mom’s daughter and all. I guess that doesn’t matter to them as long as she is not only good at her work but also treats them fairly and all.

Oh well that seems to cover most of the points that I wanted to bring up. The remaining can hopefully be brought up in the next post as this has gotten too large as it is. So, till next time take care all of you and keep posting. Let’s see how this writer will end up bumbling next.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, maribella said:

EJ had her revenge, she is spent. Disco oppa asks her to marry him

So a guy she has absolutely no feelings for, A guy who tried to literally blackmail her into marriage not too long ago, A guy she will be fighting with for at least the next 5 episodes .... A guy that for 95+ episodes cannot even qualify for ... "in the running" status, is just going to up and ask her to marry him .... and she's gonna say yes .... 

You Serious GIFs | Tenor

28 minutes ago, maribella said:

So team Disco oppa .... we have a good chance.

Plzzz Stop Stop Im Gonna Pee Funny Pictures | Funny quotes for kids, Funny  baby memes, Funny baby pictures

• LOL 4

qualify for ... "in the running" status, is just going to up and ask her to marry him .... and she's gonna say yes

No interest in HJ? That's not a problem, the writer agrees with you, I agree with you, it cannot be Snoopy eyed SH. 
The writer only has to start with HJ giving her a back rub.

She is a hybrid HGH-EJ now, such a long tiring board meeting. They are partners. They can both try one of those massage beds New mum was selling. :hwaiting2:

One more time for team Disco oppa.

:happydance:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, maribella said:

One more time for team Disco oppa.

So after spending the better half of the drama, complaining how Eun-Jo couldn't possibly be with Uni Oppa because Ha-Ra was Hoon's mother (bad memories/constant reminder) - Disco Oppa is some how just fine to marry, even though his Dad ordered a hit/killed her Mom ... and Ha-Ra is still his sister :rolleyes:

today hypocrisy GIF

• LOL 4

@maribella @LeftCoastOppa ~ both of you are cracking me up. it will be fun to see who will win the final round. should be place a bet? :P 

POLL ALERT! for fun, lets also have a bet -- if you choice wins, post a picture of tonkatsu. if you lose, then post a pic of antacids.. 

:onfirex: 

chingus, take your sides! hahahaha.... 

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 4

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So after spending the better half of the drama, complaining how Eun-Jo couldn't possibly be with Uni Oppa because Ha-Ra was Hoon's mother (bad memories/constant reminder) - Disco Oppa is some how just fine to marry, even though his Dad ordered a hit/killed her Mom ... and Ha-Ra is still his

Those snakes will be mopping the prison floors for-ev-er.

Ha Jun oppa, Ha jun oppa, come on everyone, who wants a divorced man with a kid and no prospects for EJ. So vote Disco oppa.

The snakes around him will be put away for murder, attempted murder, kidnapping, you name it and they had done it. So no parole...

• LOL 5

At first glance, viewers thought the protagonist, Eunjo, resembled Edmund Dantes, Ohara to Fernand Montego, Usrin to Danglars, Cha Seon Hyuk to Mercedes, and ha Joon to Hayedeh. They were treated as the main characters as the main target of revenge

With only 10 episodes left until the finale of the series, with an apology from Alexandre Dumas, Edmund the story is just depressed and sad and promises revenge for the hundredth time, Mercede is just crying and sorry. Fernand and Danglar continue their mischief.The relationship between Edmund and Hayedeh is zero.

At the end we have the main version of the story of the book

Before the duel with Albert, Kenneth Montecristo was writing a will after his death that he would inherit the property to Maxilian Morrell and Hayde, and the two would have to marry if they wished. After Hayedeh read the contents of the will, he stated that he did not need money, and if you die, I do not need the world, and then he breaks his will and faints. Only then does Kent realize that Hayedeh is in love with him.

In the end, Kent accepts Hayedeh's heart, and the story ends with the two disappearing on the horizon.

We hope that at least in the remaining parts of the series, it will have an interesting revenge and a happy ending similar to the original version of the book.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Okay this just happens to be me with some weird questions that I wanted to bring up in my last post but sadly/fortunately they slipped my mind back then.

So here they go.           

Does Universal Oppa get his ring back.

The scene where he goes to the hotel room where Giraffe is waiting for him again (after he asks her for help with proposal party). She puts on the ring meant for Eun Joo and tries to convince him that she is the one and has always been there etc… They have a scuffle of sorts where she refuses to return the ring and instead helps him recover his suppressed memories. Way to go Giraffe. He then tries to kill her but at the last moment he is saved from doing so when their son contacts them. But we don’t see if he is successful in retrieving his ring or not.

Does anyone thing that he (Universal Oppa) was facing Karma when he agreed to be Eun Joo’s Wedding Coordinator

Simply wondering if Karma finally got to him as well. In the past he is fully aware that Giraffe has feelings for him and yet he still asks her to help him with Eun Joo. Heck even she felt that was quite heartless of him and that he was rubbing it into her that he has feelings for Eun Joo and none for her. I kind of agreed with her but that still doesn’t allow her to go all Psycho on another person. Now that he was aware of Miss Monte Cristo’s true identity, he agreed to be her wedding coordinator as well. So pretty much he was forced to see the person he loved get married to another person just like Giraffe. He was finally walking in her shoes. Though one can argue that he chose this path willingly atlesast (that is if he self-volunteered unlike what Giraffe had gone through) so it isn’t the same thing over here.

As for the ending I feel like I pretty much made it clear where it could be heading but who doesn’t love a poll so will be getting to that in a bit.

It is quite possible that by the end she will be all alone because she has managed to alienate everyone close to her due to her revenge and all. So, she will have to probably leave to travel or go to Hong Kong. Mr. Wang is bound to follow her because of his loyalty to New Mom and all. She has also pretty much earned that loyalty as well not simply because New Mom raised her for 5 years after the accident but mostly because of her actions after New Mom passed away. She had absolutely no reason to pick up New Moms revenge or try and take one for her death. Instead, she could even heed New Mom’s advice to return to her former life and forsake revenge. But she chose to honour the memory of the woman that saved her and since they share the same feelings in regards to this Mr. Wang is sure to follow her till the end. Unfortunately, there is going to be no romance between them whatsoever.

Universal Oppa – Pointed out that guy seems to be getting a whole lot of focus in the last few episodes and is almost everywhere with Miss Monte Cristo so they may very well be heading in that direction. Sadly, he just doesn’t have that much power to convince her otherwise to drop the revenge. Even him promising her justice or being willing to be used is going to stop her. If she wants to be with him the only person that can convince her to drop it happens to be Hoon. Yes, he happens to be the only Kryptonite for her. Remember when he wanted to go for a camping trip and he wanted her there she came, infact she was even being considerate and tried to give Giraffe a shot at being a good mother that day yet she failed. She shows genuine concern for him whenever something bad happens to him thanks to her own actions or Giraffe doing something wrong. So, in short while Universal Oppa may not have much influence in her life at the moment the same can’t be said for his son. Heck even Eun Gyul adores the kid to the extent that he made him his student in trying to master Nunchakus and whatnot. If she ends up with Universal Oppa it is all thanks to his son and nothing more at this point. That and perhaps if she can re-find her buried feelings for him which turn on and off as the plot demands.

Disco Oppa – The only way that I can see her end up with him at this point is if he really digs deep into his bag of feels and somehow shows her his sincerity towards her does he stand a chance. Not only that but he needs to allow her revenge to go through or atleast in a way that does the least amount of harm to those that are currently innocent such as the workers working at his company. As for when it comes to his family, he needs to convince them to not only apologize sincerely for all that they have done to her and New Mom but also turn themselves in for the crimes that they committed. That is the only way that they can all be saved and perhaps lessen her anger to some degree. But we all know what that kind of family is. Their pride seems to be more important to them and not only that they don’t seem to even realize what they have done wrong at this point and try to further justify their actions. Not only that but they tend to cover up their families’ shortcomings to an extent no matter how one puts it. For instance, Disco Oppa knows that Giraffe tried to harm Miss Monte Cristo a couple of times (rooftop, setting fire in the storeroom) yet he remained quiet and didn’t report any of that to his father because he was convinced by Evil Mom that dad would go into shock and whatnot and he couldn’t be disappointed in all his kids or something. Perhaps Disco Oppa should simply do what New Mom wanted in the first place and oust his Dad to rectify some of the wrongs that he did. He should also try to change some of the management style where his family doesn’t have all that much influence to show that he is different from his family. Such actions might just win him over to Miss Monte Cristo.

But romance between the two is still a long way off and like people pointed out 10 episodes isn’t enough to do them justice unless the writer wants to send a different kind of message to the viewers which I will leave to all of you to decide on your own.  So as of now the chances seem to head more in the direction of her leaving on her own. If you want a happy or open ending then it will be with Universal Oppa thanks to Hoon (probably) and a surprise or twist of an ending then Disco Oppa will probably be the choice. Though since this is a family drama of sorts where villains pay for their crimes, the good guys get a happy ending after all the misery they go through and sometimes even everyone gets forgiven no matter what they do since they find a way to redeem themselves to some extent. I am sure we know what that means for an ending without me having to go into further detail.

So will end my post for the time being until I remember something else. So, till then take care all of you and keep posting. Interesting debates going on I am liking it.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2