[Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토

maribella

14 minutes ago, joccu said:

I vote eunjo for being alone and to be with her family or even being with Wang. 

yea, that would have been my 3rd and 4th option; at the moment, am sort of beyond caring who she ends up with as long as we really get a good whack for all our villains. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Tonight's episode is filler, filler. EJ is supposed to be on the warpath but she went to each of the three women plus Mr Wang grabbed WD  and she hissed something to him. Giving them the heads up again?

She told her Old mum to go away, she is GH. At the end, the lawyer from HK must have said  New mum left Heupu to GH. Evil stepmum and others were surprised I think. But then EJ walked in. It could be New mum had adopted her in HK to make her legally GH. But who knows with Kdramas?

I was a bit annoyed at Old mum, she wanted to bring EJ home. If she's against revenge than ask EJ to go the police. But I don't think so.

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

So, the latest Poll ...

I only chose 1 of the options - Uni Oppa gets Fatal Promised

And I'm adding 1 of my own here...

The Lone Wolf returns - Uni Oppa fights for Eun-Jo and wins her back, and while I'll admit as completely incomprehensible as that is with only 9 episodes left, its positively lucid when compared to the fantasy she ends up with DF Oppa.  

Minions Mic Drop GIF

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So, the latest Poll ...

I only chose 1 of the options - Uni Oppa gets Fatal Promised

And I'm adding 1 of my own here...

The Lone Wolf returns - Uni Oppa fights for Eun-Jo and wins her back, and while I'll admit as completely incomprehensible as that is with only 9 episodes left, its positively lucid when compared to the fantasy she ends up with DF

This is kdrama, love at umpteenth sight is possible. HJ does not lack anything. He just has too much-

a psycho sister, murderous father and Evil stepmother.

But they will be in prison forever. He is a very eligible young man.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 2

22 minutes ago, maribella said:

This is kdrama, love at umpteenth sight is possible. HJ does not lack anything. He just has too much-

a psycho sister, murderous father and Evil stepmother.

But they will be in prison forever. He is a very eligible young man.

You're right ... this is Kdrama - First love lasts FOR-EV-ER, Uni Oppa is her one true love, he's tormented and sad, but only because he LOVES her so much.  He just has too much-a psycho ex, murderous father-in-law and Evil stepmother-in-law.

But they will be in prison forever. He is her one-and-only, and she loves his son. Let's just call her Mom now and get it over with :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

If BM/SH/whoever else ask Miss M to go back to being EJ ONE MORE TIME...

:onfirex:

They are all wanting her to go back to the way she was but none of them have acknowledged the trauma those people put her through. They just want their sweet EJ back. I gotta say, that infuriates me more than the bad guys do!

Also, I'd love to see what happens when HJ realizes that his daddy ain't so innocent after all.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I am personally glad the CEO's son is on that hit list, sorry folks but I am tired of the dramas that have them waver during the whole series "Attempt" to help but then again waver "your my family please repent" but totally achieving nothing through the whole drama, so he needs to go down with them.

There is a hint of humanity when she deals with her ex.  If he still plays his cards right he can still be at her side just at a distance, she hasnt rejected him like she has everyone including her family.  Her grief and anger are right over the edge right now she is emotionally pushed off a cliff.

So be very interesting the next few episodes.......she has a lot of cards to set off in the background, it is only a matter of time before she sets each one of those off and watch everything fall apart for them........

• Like 7

I like this episode EJ is finally all fire. About time! 
EJ said some interesting things and truths in this episode. 
She is basically mad at the whole family and their minions. Grandma wanted to hide the truth and take the blame which is wrong. HJ doesn’t know the whole truth he just assumes it’s his stepmom doing that she duped his dad. When the truth comes out he will probably throw him out like new mum wanted. 
I think that EJ will most likely go after HJ last because he actually shows guilt unlike the others. That only show emotion because they got caught not because they feel anything. 
EJ meeting SH was the finally goodbye to me. First love this and that nope not today. He still irks me. He just doesn’t get it she is not the same EJ from 5 years ago. Like come on! “I understand that you are hurt/traumatized but that doesn’t matter come back as old EJ like everyone wants you to. I want you too.” Except all or nothing. Can’t have pieces you want and leave the rest.

Rolls Eyes Whatever GIF
Never Ending Slapping GIF
Finally also EJ admitted her revenge sucked because of her wavering feelings for SH. Finally! The coma was the best thing that happened to her it slapped some sense into her.
bitch slap GIF

EJ is still going to marry HJ to fulfill new mum’s revenge. That was part of her revenge. I believe still that HJ is the one who can understand her because the rest of them are lacking in the brain cell department. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I thought New mum was going to leave her wealth to EJ by name but since she's adopted legally, she's GH.

The episode is slightly better with subs. Her going around warning them ? Again? She made SH waver and he made her waver. Good thing she snapped out of it.

One of the two that I had been waiting for was for her to tell her Old mum to go to a good lawyer before signing anything.  She did add ' grow up'. :neutral:

The other one was when SR told her in not so many words that she had nothing. EJ/GH should have said 'you are my father's driver's daughter who has been stealing my work, look at yourself'. 

If Jewang group is a stakeholder of New mum's will, then Chairman Oh and maybe Geum and HJ could be there. SH might be there as company secretary, but HR and SR?? I'm surprised that they didn't have Mr Park and Mr Kim there too. Or maybe NWD?

I think we are going to have more filler episodes. (Yawn).:foodie2:

• Like 9

Caught up on the last two episodes:

- Did Step Mom just say her outfit wasn't bright and that she was fashionable. What? Also, she should try to be less obvious that she is happy about New Mom's death. 

- I mean I get that EJ is struggling with New Mom's death. But how do you just ignore her dying words/wishes and jump to revenge. My guess those words will circle back.

- Today's episode was completely filler. For some reason EJ decides to visit all the people she wants revenge on, except the Chairman and HJ. Unless I missed it I think the Chairman is in the dark about EJ death 5 years ago. 

- How does EJ know that Grandma and HJ know about the whole Oman group thing. I know that the audience saw it, but how does she know. 

- After what EJ said to her mom and brother I was expecting Bomi to slap her again. I don't think Mr. Wang like Bomi telling him not to touch them. I think her pushing her mom and brother away is going to haunt her. My guess is the evil side will try to use them against her.

Even with all of these episodes I still don't know what EJ's end game. Like she wants to destroy Jewang group, but then what. If she isn't going to use the cops, is she planning on going on a murdering spree. I would be surprised if they let her murder someone. 

What if there is a repeat of what happened to New Mom. New Mom was so busy with revenge her daughter tried to commit suicide and died (later). In EJ case what if her brother is in trouble and tries to call her and she doesn't pick up and something happens to him. Then being busy and consumed with her revenge also brings harm to someone she loves, just like New Mom. 

Given New Mom's dying words/wish, I think she will go back to being EJ in the end. Kind of learning from New Moms mistakes and regrets. Still thinking we will get a EJ/SH ending. Though with so few episodes left it might be more vague then full on wedding. But they did add an extra episodes so who knows. 

• Like 6

Haven't seen the episodes but not liking EJ much. She turned on her family? They did nothing wrong. Mum is a bit off but isn't that the way she is wired? Would the revenge be worth it if in the end all she can say is she accomplished it? Look at step-mom - she lived for revenge and died a lonely death, rejected by her only daughter. Not a great epitaph!

Why take revenge on uni oopa for what HR did? Why take revenge on Disco Oppa for what his father did? 

Hope I have misunderstood the posts. Otherwise I need to take revenge on EJ for all the wrong revenge!

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Just finished the latest episodes w/subs ...

While I like the episode, there was about 5 minutes where I REALLY liked it. For about 5 minutes I thought they might actually make this a true revenge/tragedy.  An enraged Eun-Jo goes after the baddies in earnest, but makes the mistake of turning on her friends and loved ones - she destroys the baddies, but loses everyone else - When Uni Oppa was ripping her for turning on her mother, and he said he knows she didn't mean it, and she snaps back ..."yes I did mean it" ... I was like okay ... lets go there.  Its so very rare to see a good drama/movie/play where revenge is explored as a tragedy to completion.

As an example -  Gracious Revenge would've been awesome if the FL had been successful in her murder suicide attempt of babyface. Evil Mom would've lost her real 1st daughter, Innocent Mom lost her stepson, Grey Area Mom lost both step daughter and Son. Evil mom and Dad lost their Business and House, Innocent Moms husband jailed for murder, Grey Area Mom jailed for kidnapping, Psycho 2nd daughter commits suicide as well - 3 families destroyed by revenge, which at 1 point seemed entirely justified, but pushed to extremes ... chaos 

Don't think a daily would risk being that dark -

As for todays episode - Its certainly taken things up a few notches

- Eun-Jo's argument against DF Oppa is truly laughable - she's mad because he kept silent? News flash for Eun-Jo, he knew about Hwang Ji-Na's husband and her revenge BEFORE Eun-Jo did.  Further, he confronted New Mom in the very same episode he found out in.  He defended his father for what could be called questionable business decision, but framing him as a murderer 30 years ago sorry, not gonna work + Eun-Jo was more than Okay with him keeping her secrets. 

- While a case can be made for just about all the baddies getting death sentences, the one that I 'm curious about is Papa Ju. While he is most certainly a slimy leech and deserved being made penniless and homeless, and still may eat a jail sentence courtesy of money laundering charges ... he is NOT a murderer.  He did not kill Eun-Jo's dad, he had no part in Eun-Jo's attempted murder, nor that of Star.  If she does indeed kill him or causes him to be killed via drugs, then shes will have become what she claims to despise

- While it does make the story more compelling, Eun-Jo turning on her family and friends was just cruel and plain wrong.  I see all the comments, talking about understanding her, and her trauma, well what exactly has she done in that regard? NOTHING.  Is she the only one thats been hurt? Is she the only one thats been traumatized? Has she tried to explain herself, and what she went through, perhaps to receive that understanding, from the people that love and care for her? NO - she approached them all under the veil of deception, so how could they even try to understand when they didn't know she was Eun-Jo? When some did find out, even then she didn't tell them the whole truth.  Why shouldn't Eun-Gyul want his sister back? Why shouldn't Old Mom want her daughter back, and why shouldn't she be distraught when that daughter pushes a caring hand away? Why shouldn't Bo-Mi want her best friend back?  Why shouldn't Uni Oppa want his fiance back that he clearly never forgot and loves unquestionably?   Returning to Eun-Jo doesn't mean being weak and naive, as some here imply, she will always have her new found wisdom of the world from her time as Ga-Heun.  Was sacrificing her friends and family truly part of her master revenge plan?  Sorry Eun-Jo, if they made you waver, thats all on you - it was all your plan, so own it, don't take it out on those who are only guilty of caring for you.

- On a more practical note - it'll be interesting to see Eun-Jo try to sell the business reasoning for chopping up Jewang Group, without it looking like the revenge it is, especially considering that at least one person would ask ... hey wait a second, you were working there recently, what gives? 

5 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

But they did add an extra episodes so who knows. 

They did?  When?  How Many? :unsure:

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, MisutheWitch said:

They are all wanting her to go back to the way she was but none of them have acknowledged the trauma those people put her through. They just want their sweet EJ back. I gotta say, that infuriates me more than the bad guys do!

tell me about it. has annoyed me from the beginning especially bomi. have been rolling my eyes at her for so many episodes. can't blame mom or eun gyul because they don't have enough cognition to really recognize what is going on. they are all acting like new mom was some distant neighbour lady that died and we say "well, thats unfortunate" and keep moving on with our lives. however, she wasn't some colleague or teacher that eun joo sort of knew. new mom was loved by eun joo as a family member. so it is a real loss. if they understood that, then they would understand her grief more. however, from the beginning, they didn't get her outrage.... so where will they understand her grief? they all just want to sit back and let the villains ride off into the distance. 

8 hours ago, youngae said:

Finally also EJ admitted her revenge sucked because of her wavering feelings for SH. Finally! The coma was the best thing that happened to her it slapped some sense into her.

loved that scene! writer-nim admits that if eun joo had not wavered, this drama would have been over some 30 episodes ago. eun joo is finally admitting to herself that there is no going back to eun joo that she was. either she does the revenge she set out to do or she backs off and lets the villains get away with it as the law is insufficient here. there is really no middle ground here. lets have the revenge! 

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

OBG was agonising for 30 years about contributing to a man's death and in 180o turn, he sent off Mr Na to kill his wife/gf. Is there a logic? He did not want his son to run Jewang the way he did, but he made the worse decision. He could fight New mum in the boardroom.

The problem with Old mum is not the lack of smarts, she didn't even question what happened to EJ to vanish for 5 years, no curiosity at all. She didn't once demand Papa Ju be turned over to the police. It would implicate EJ but at least couldn't she demand justice. Having him work at the same place??

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, maribella said:

OBG was agonising for 30 years about contributing to a man's death and in 180o turn, he sent off Mr Na to kill his wife/gf. Is there a logic? He did not want his son to run Jewang the way he did, but he made the worse decision. He could fight New mum in the boardroom.

I wasn't surprised because that has been his MO from the beginning. when hara got into trouble with slapping that employee at the spa, his reaction was to ensure it gets buried. he didn't really care about whether hara was right or wrong but about how it would affect his reputation. stepmom also said she would fix it and referred to some lady who tried to blackmail them and she fixed it. when hara kidnapped hoon, he was aghast but okay as long as the news didn't get out. so as long as it didn't cause problems, he would have some pangs of anguish now and then and worry about the morality. but when it affects his company or reputation, his instinct is to go along with whatever his wife cooks up and have the issue silenced in any form. thats why he married her. she is the one who dares to do what he will not do. this has been their way of operation their entire marriage. 

• Like 8

I wish I understood why, but I'm just infuriated with Miss M's so-called "allies". Watching BM resign with indignation and get all angry when GH let her just rankled me the wrong way. BM has been all about wanting to help her "dear friend" (motivated with the guilt of not picking up on HR and SR's wickedness five years ago), but the minute Miss M has done anything that doesn't involved 1) becoming EJ again and 2) not go back to her brother, she's quick to snatch her so-called loyalty away. I used to think that it was good to have BM around as Miss M's moral compass, but she's just as annoying as the bad guys are.  Who needs a friend like her when she's just going to snatch her loyalty away if you do the wrong thing?

I feel bad about Miss M pushing away her mother and brother but I get why she's doing it. It makes the revenge much more interesting to me because it shows a heroine who is willing to go grey in order to do what she needs to do. Do I think she is cold to her family? No, because we all know she's jump in and rescue them if they tried anything. But there is no middle ground in this. She has to push them away. It's not the ideal solution, but then again, this is not an ideal situation.

I guess I'll end this post by saying that HJ and SH just need to get outta Miss M's way. Both look like utter fools trying to stop her. Do they really think the police can really stop all these rich and powerful people?  A part of me hopes Miss M disappears at the end so she doesn't have to deal with these clods ever again.

• Like 10