[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

As we expected, episode 13 came with heartbreaking moments for our couple, specifically at the end. I gotta say though, the star of the episode today was Yun gyeong. I really like how the drama unfolds each person’s story in the village and today we got Yun Gyeong. Obviously giving birth isn’t easy and there comes with struggles and hard times. I definitely teared up when Yu Gyeong was upset at Geum Cheol and telling him how hards things are and she can’t do anything she wants. Serious kudos to Hye Jin delivering Yu Gyeong’s baby because that must’ve definitely not be easy. I’m glad we got to see how Yu Gyeong really feels and Geum Cheol realizing his actions towards her. :tears:

I think this episode Hye Jin realizes how distant Du Sik can be with his own feelings and his past. Now we know that he is acting like this for a reason, but for Hye Jin it’s difficult for her because she really likes Du Sik and wants him to open up to her & tell her everything. I think Du Sik being ambiguous and vague about his past and even the future is what really make Hye Jin upset, so I can understand why she said all the things at the end of the episode. I hope that Du Sik can open up to Hye Jin and tell her what he had to go through in the past. Actually I’m just hoping that we’ll finally learn about Du Sik’s past. I really hope that our SikHye couple doesn’t break up but it seems like that they need some time. It looks like there will be some distance between the two of them. Also based on the shorter preview for episode 14, it looks like Du Sik is about to tell Hye Jin since he says, “I have something I must tell you today. It might be long”, so we’ll see what happens.

Other things that I really enjoyed in today’s episode:

- The whole village really cares for Du Sik, seeing how they celebrate his birthday every year despite Du Sik saying that they don’t need to do it. Du Sik doesn’t have his parents or grandpa, but he does have a family, which is the village of Gongjin, so he isn’t alone. Also LOL at everyone making excuses to leave Du Sik and Hye Jin alone when they were so obvious about it :loolz:

- Du Sik feeding Seong Hyun and Do Ha some samgyetang. Also Du Sik hinting to Seong Hyun about how Wang writer might really feel about him.

- Du Sik going golfing with Hye Jin and her classmates from university and impressing them. I knew Du Sik could golf the moment he agreed to go.

- Hye Jin saying “oppa” to Du Sik and Du Sik looking absolutely disgusted and shocked, asking her “why do you keep calling me oppa” :joy:

- Du Sik struggling to speak with honorifics to Hye Jin’s friend :lol:

This episode showing how truly a sweet and great person Du Sik is despite his traumatic past. Even Do Ha said to Seong Hyun that Du Sik really is a kind and good person and this is why everybody likes him. He really isn’t a hateable character at all. It’s really sad that he doesn’t know what kind of person he is because what he’s been through in the past…

I also forgot to mention…that scene where Du Sik told Hye Jin that he made a drink for her and she has to wait an year. Just their whole conversation about waiting an year and one year later…FORESHADOWING ANYONE???? Oh my goodness, I hope it’s not foreshadowing that there will be a 1 year time jump of separation for our couple and be reunited after an year…Please no :bawling:

Finally for all the people who watched Start-Up..

• Like 13
  • Love 2

Written preview for episode 14:

Rough translation: Hye Jin realizes the wall between her and Du Sik, and Du Sik doesn’t reveal easily how he feels on the inside. Hye Jin hears from Hwa Jeong what happened when Du Sik returned to Gongjin. In the end, the two of them need time…

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

34 minutes ago, ferily said:

In the end, the two of them need time

I guess some time you just need time to sort out your own thoughts and feelings. At least it sound like not a break up, but just some time apart to collect their mind. 

• Like 8

Also I’m not sure if anyone else noticed in the preview but we see a shot of a woman in her car and Du Sik passing it

LZP27D.gif

It looks like it’s the woman from the photo. I think she comes down to Gongjin (Du Sik is wearing the same outfit from episode 13 ending so this must’ve happened after Hye Jin and Du Sik’s convo).. So if this is the case, then that means the wife is alive. Possibly the baby too? I’m not sure… I saw someone post a theory about Du Sik and they said that he was also a Seoul person like Hye Jin and this was before the accident (that we don’t know of still) happened. He was like Hye Jin, all about living in the city especially since he knows how to golf, knows wine, and lives in Seoul. I feel like this might be a possibility too

• Like 15

1 hour ago, ferily said:

I also forgot to mention…that scene where Du Sik told Hye Jin that he made a drink for her and she has to wait an year. Just their whole conversation about waiting an year and one year later…FORESHADOWING ANYONE???? Oh my goodness, I hope it’s not foreshadowing that there will be a 1 year time jump of separation for our couple and be reunited after an year…Please no :bawling:

For this scene, I think it implies that DS wants to be with her in the future. He is serious about this relationship.

He hasn't opened up to her yet does not mean that he didn't think about their future at all. Most of the time his actions speak louder than words. 

I don't know if people in the city can be this rude in real life though. HJ's friends from Seoul really is so rude. If I were HJ I wouldn't take them to the cafe or even go golfing with them because I don't need to be friend with them. It's a waste of time. My boyfriend also does not need to explain why he's living like this to them.

• Like 15

This is truly turning out to be like "When the Camelia Blooms". The otp in that drama also broke up near the second to last ep. Why k-dramas can't work better on their writing geez LoL!?

It sucks that koreans are so worried on keeping appearances while not communicating aish tsk. I knew Chief Hong's past will come between him and Hye Jin. Idk why he won't tell her LoL. He's still not over his trauma.

Drama you better give us answers yo I demand to know. Just who are the couple with the baby in photo? Doo Shik couldn't even bring himself to throw/give away the suit bought by his "noona".

I already knew Bora's parents would have a fight. Especially what he said previously on how his wife had nothing to do. I have never been pregnant but dear God even I know that was an insensitive thing to say! Koreans don't seem to know what having safe sex is LoL!? Or that there's a thing called family planning? 

I really like Eun Cheol with Hye Jin's friend. They're the only unproblematic couple right now. On the other, I knew Chief Hong would be good at golf. I mean he doesn't have all those licenses for nothing. Though I'm shocked he didn't offer to help in delivering the baby ha-ha!?

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Haha @ferily you really, really don't want a time jump!! :lol:

@Ameera Ali That was so funny when Mi Sun was running away from HJ's seaweed soup! She knows better than to try it.

Anyone else surprised when Gum Cheol and Eun Cheol turned out to be brothers?! I guess I should've seen that coming because of their names, but I was shocked. Did the show already mention their relationship before?

I haven't seen a good mad childbirthing scene in a long time so that was awesome, and fantastically acted!

The scene between Ji PD and writer Wang was so sweet and heartbreaking. Their long history together, her feelings, and his awakening consciousness of her tugged on the heartstrings in this episode. It will be good to see them get their happily ever after.

And the actor from DS's photo in the book - he was in Love in the Moonlight as well as Romance is a Bonus Book, and I'm looking forward to seeing what his story is here.

29 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I really like Eun Cheol with Hye Jin's friend. They're the only unproblematic couple right now.

Agreed! The rotisserie chicken guy really set Eun Cheol straight last time and he's knows what he wants now!:D

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Haha @the_sweetroad I don’t mind a time jump if it’s done well.. I just don’t want to see a time jump where the two leads separate and are reunited. If it’s a time jump of our two leads together and living together, then I’m okay with that! :D

I also didn’t realize that Eun Cheol and Geum Cheol were brothers too! I’m glad I’m not the only one who was surprised haha… 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Hoping they give us a dimple baby in the last episode if there's a ''mandatory kdrama time jump.'':ok:

0f05e605bf6e8620a67d423affbda8dac36d9e8a.gifvd0df9ce95bc672b7f73841ab918b03d8c37343ab.gifv

Spoiler

cb946af464cdc19bfd948b8128d85feeb7481490.gifv

b249c31e2e773ecc5a4f89a058c1b714795c5eb7.gifv

ingukk

====

Spoiler

I think she’s the wife of his friend, since he called her noona. Then maybe as the story progress, we will find out an accident happened with the family or just his husband , i think du-sik was involved in that accident. Either he caused the accident, or he didn’t get to save the husband on time. Du-sik blames himself for his friend’s death so he went back to Gongjin.

Going back to episode 14’s preview, we can see the wife driving then a clip of Du-sik passing by, who is still wearing the same clothes from episode 13. I think Du-sik and his friend’s wife will meet in Gongjin again. Maybe this time Du-sik will finally have that closure he needs.

• Like 6
  • Love 6

They both seem to like living in each other's pockets - being in love.  HJ wanting to know everything about Chief Hong is rather clingy, even if he seems to like it.  A relationship needs time to grow and they have only known each other a few months, dated a few weeks. HJ has been calling the shots for most times. It is in character, she's the driven one, he is relaxed. But she needs to back off when she can see he is obviously in distress where the people in the photo are concerned. That's part of loving someone, his feelings should be just as important to her.

Forcing the issue is going to break them up but they are the main couple and there are only 3 more episodes. They will get back together in the 15th, IJun's parents are moving in that direction, and the PD won't go home alone. A happy ending. I hope the school teacher has a happy ending too. She deserves it for taking care of a very sick parent.

• Like 8

I didn’t notice this but Du Sik had a single bed but now has a double bed!!

Other tweets I thought were funny: 

Spoiler

i just finished startup so I thought this was funny :D 

Also Seong Hyun busting out his moves: 

• Like 10
  • Blob 1

Wow. A lot to digest. A big applause to all Gongjin villagers. They're not just the supporting actor/actress. They did really good job in delivering the emotions. This time we see Bo Ra's mom struggling and i really cried with her. When you are pregnant, even the slightest wrong action can turned to catastrophe. Only i didn't expect the husband to actually looking hard for that durian.

However IMO, Hye Jin was too 'clean' after helping with the delivery. I was hoping she prepared towels, clean sheet, scissors? And Du Sik could cook a simple meal/porridge while waiting. 

But the expression KSH gave to us while holding the newborn baby was so great. I can feel the joy and also the pain he's hiding.

Du  Sik was a quick thinker too, calling Halmeoni for some tips.  his praises to HJ after the delivery was :thumbsup:

Lastly, for our two lovebirds, i think Du Sik is still reluctant to share his past with HJ because of afraid of lossing her some day. I cried when he said Sorry :bawling: really hope tomorrow s episode won't be a huge cliffhanger.

Edited by anastasia7
  • Like 10

Annyeong...haseyo! :joy: yes I might need to be formal,

I haven't had the chance to watch the sub version ep and frankly I'm a bit scared too lol! So I'm browsing through twitter to see if I can get some motivation to watch it and found some interesting tweets to share. Bare with me it might be a long post and sorry moderators if I forget the spoiler tags.

RATINGS!! ep 13 is slightly down.... I'm putting the blame on the fear of  a breakup

Spoiler

This is funny, so true some  our hypothesis of DS 5 year mystery plus those of the villagers are way off or as DS puts it not realistic...:joy:

Spoiler

FBRXYOmVIAMqg4J?format=jpg&name=small

FBRXYjpVQAYa9hv?format=jpg&name=900x900

So let's try again, so hard when his so good in masking his fear.  My frustration...DS you have upgraded your bed so why are you still thinking that a break up will happen, why are you still scared, why can't you think pass the seasons? Why is there more emotions and words screaming out but all you could deliver is "I'm sorry" and "me neither" @ferily the wine bottle is definitely foreshadowing that there will be a 1 year time apart of our couple and the date is HJ birthday. There's more to it, DS also said that the wine will taste even sweeter then ...lol! I'm holding onto that DS you will owe us more sweet scenes when that time come. 

In ep 14 preview, HJ is right in saying "What may be easy for one person, can be something difficult for another."  *sigh* I can't believe I have to say this but DS needs some time. :fear:

Of course there has to a connection somewhere else. JiPD knows of DS noona and son. Both are still alive, I'm just happy the it will be JiPD so hopefully he will kick some sense into DS as well.  I would love for DS to have a hyung to rely on. I think the man who passed away was just like that to him. He was a person a brother figure who helped him during his time in Seoul, his uni, finding a job, teaching him golf and finding new things to learn to help others.  Maybe DS is living a life like his hyung 

I can just watch this tweet on loop. I love the humor and I need the laugh and see DS face so he is again reminded why he loves HJ so much.  He caves in everytime and I can't blame him, she is so cute

And YES! I love Bora's mother, her scenes were a highligh.t Watching it live, I didnt understand a clue what she said and I was just so frustrated like her over her husband who absent-mindly ignored her feelings. Thank you again to PDnim and writernim for highlighting the issues of parenting. I don't know what's worse being a single mother or being in a relationship yet the other is so oblivious of their needs. 

Spoiler

FBRIUN1UcAE1m0k?format=jpg&name=large

credit - https://twitter.com/coffeedorkmate

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

@Kasmic like you, I watched it live too, and have yet to watch the subbed version.

But I have to agree here, I think our couple will take time apart to re-evaluate their feelings. Hye Jin too needs time to realise she has to back off. Even with the amount of love she has for Du Shik, and I understand a couple should have no secrets and be open with each other but they've lived 34-35 yrs apart, that's a lot of life story to reveal all at once. Besides, the man has begun to slowly open up about his grandfather, his education and his past career, albeit simply. Du Shik on the other hand, needs to gather the courage to tell her all without worrying that she will leave him, regardless of how much fear he has over past incidents. 

It will be a heart wrenching and probably frustrating episode, one where I'll probably even want to yell at our leads to please just open up already, BUT a much needed climax to the storyline and secure viewers' attention and appetitie to keep us glued till the end!

Can I say I LOVED Shin Min Ah's mimicking of Du Shik's informality, aka Tom and Mary? Thanks @Kasmic for that Tweet. Now I wish they would show it in the BTS, she was hilarious!!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

Of course there has to a connection somewhere else. JiPD knows of DS noona and son. Both are still alive, I'm just happy the it will be JiPD so hopefully he will kick some sense into DS as well.  I would love for DS to have a hyung to rely on. I think the man who passed away was just like that to him. He was a person a brother figure who helped him during his time in Seoul, his uni, finding a job, teaching him golf and finding new things to learn to help others.  Maybe DS is living a life like his hyung 

Omg!! If that was a connection, that would make sense!! I was wondering why they focused on the phone call with Ji Seong Hyun…so Ji Seong Hyun knows who the woman is and her child. Wait where did people get this information, about Kang Seo ah and Ha rang? Was it in the flashback when du Sik went to his friend’s funeral?

• Like 7