[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

That's a surprise that Seonha was PDJi's sister! :open_mouth:

HJ really understands and love DS so much that she don't want to breakup but instead have time for DS to say how he feels and open up. 

Waiting on Netflix! Just a few minutes left! 

• Like 4

Oh no and now the assistant PD's father's illness is apparently caused by Du Shik too?! NO I cannot, why did they end on such a cliffhanger!! We have ONE whole wk to wait and soooo many unanswered questions with sooo little time to see our couple together :bawling:.

Hye Jin is tossing up returning to Seoul at the invitation of her senior to lecture at Uni, and Du shik who inadvertently caused the death of PD Seung Hyun's brother-in-law plus the introduction of assistant PD's father who was the security guard at Du Shik's company.

Why so many plot twists when we're right at the end :nomeme:??!

Now I actually need subs to better understand this all. 

P.s. and we have Lee Sang Yi himself, who will sing our last OST!

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 3
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, YuSanSeul said:

Oh no and now the assistant PD's father's illness is apparently caused by Du Shik too?! NO I cannot, why did they end on such a cliffhanger!! :criesariver:We have ONE whole wk to wait and soooo many unanswered questions with sooo little time to see our couple together :bawling:

I know right, what a freaking twist. Its no wonder netflix had to change the rating... Hello isnt this drama called a healing drama. How on earth is it a healing drama??? I need to calm down and breathe... :fear:

and the preview, I hope HJ doesnt leave, I think she might be offered work back in Seoul 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Ahh from the longer preview it seems like Du Shik and his hyung were in a car accident, and the truck that approached must have killed his hyung, whilst Du Shik survived.

Episode 15 is going to be a huge tear jerker.

Can I take back what I said about loving KSH's mellow acting and wanting to see more of it? My heart is already breaking seeing him attempting suicide on the bridge, popping pills to calm his anxiety, and thinking of all the pain Du shik must have gone through in all that time. We're so used to seeing happy-go-lucky Chief Hong, but so little has been shown about how much he must blame himeself for all that happened!  :cries:

• Like 5
  • Sad 6

Ep 15 preview...is a PAIN, my Shikhye heart:heartbreak:

:criesariver:

DuShik & Seon Ah husband were colleagues in YK Asset Mgmt and smth happen (mishandling of asset fund?? SA husband has a beautiful family, so not family prob.) which makes both of them wanted to end their life.

Ep 15 throwback DS & Seon Ah hubby and Seon Ah, Ha Rang bonding time

64-E90937-966-C-444-C-9076-EFF6459-C1-BA

DS & SA husband were good colleagues in YK Asset Mgmt

F495-DB46-4-ACD-47-C5-BE3-F-B23939743-A4

DS & SA husband on the rail

E0211-C6-C-87-EA-4-F13-9-D76-0-E63-F0-F5

The funeral , DS PAIN:bawling:

Spoiler

DS, the survivor guilt that haunting him these 5 years?

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

@YuSanSeul this is what I'm most concerned about, DS suicide attempt was in the past right? and not the present time is it? The written text preview is out, from Google translate- 

spacer.png

Spoiler

Please don't.. :cries:

DS is sinking back into his dark self... 

I'm so lost, I dont know how I feel. How on earth can I wait till next week. spacer.png

Side note - HwaJeong and Yeong Guk, aish she forgave him too easily. 

Miseon and Officer Choi was the only rom com tonight. The only time I had a breather. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

Omg, that ending for episode 14! What a twist for sure.. Do Ha’s father became ill because of Du Sik, but what exactly did he do to make DH’s father ill?! I didn’t expect that at all.. Also I didn’t realize that Do Ha didn’t know Du Sik’s full name.

@YuSanSeul I think you’re right and that Du Sik and his hyung were in a car accident, but his hyung was the one who passed away from the accident. I think that’s why Seon Ah was blaming Du Sik about it and saying that he should’ve been the one who died… It looks like Du Sik attempt to suicide based on the scene with the bridge too? :bawling: We are slowly getting closer and closer to finally knowing Du Sik’s past. We’re pretty much going to find out what happens when Hye Jin finds out haha.. 

I swear this drama knows how to make the viewers heart break for the supporting characters. Hwa Jeong and Yeong Guk’s scene in this episode… :crybaby: I definitely tested up while watching it. When Yeong Guk says he didn’t realize what he had or appreciate it until it was gone….so true because we often don’t realize what we have until it’s gone. He realizes now how indeed precious Hwa Jeong is to him and admits to his mistake. I personally don’t mind the two starting over and giving each other a chance because we are all human and made mistakes, often big mistakes too.. But after today’s episode it seems like Choi Hee liked Hwa Jeong, which is why she stayed in Gongjin, and that’s why we saw her mom get super upset at her saying that it’s wrong. That’s what the drama was hinting at, at least. Seems like she’s going to overcome her past though and move on, since the drama was showing the symbolism of Choi Hee’s wisdonm teeth.

The drama has done such a great job delving into each one of the characters past. From Chun Jae & Ju Ri to Nam Sook to Hwa Jeong, Yeong Guk and Choi Hee to Bora’s mother and Geum Cheol. We got to see each one of the characters past and now the last person’s past that we will learn about is Du Sik. He is the finale of all of this. An interesting observation I had with the drama and I love how it dove into each one of the characters in Gongjin..

We are down to our last two episodes for this drama and the wait for the next episode will definitely be painful..

• Like 7

I just want to thank the writer for tonight's episode. It's a cliffhanger and not a heartbreaker! :grin:

Next episode will be a tearjerker because we will know the real story behind DS's pain. :bawling::heartbreak:

Hope HJ will still support him but if they will follow the movie I think HJ will choose to move to Seoul to give DS some time again. And yes she will come back to Gongjin again because she misses DS so much! :fullofhearts:

• Like 6

@Kasmic Du Sik’s suicide attempt is definitely from the past. I say this because it looks like it’s right after he got into the car accident since he has bandage on his forehead and is wearing a hospital gown. It’s most likely after Du Sik realizes that his hyung passed away from the accident and he’s the one who survived. Survivors guilt.

It looks like most of the scenes from the preview for episode 15 are from the past. Also for the written preview, the last sentence says “Gam Ri prepares meals for Du Sik who is confining himself at home”

@cuteyabby Seon Ah isnt Ji Seong Hyun’s sister I’m pretty sure. He calls her “Noona” because she’s older than her. The two do have different last name too, Kang Seon Ah and Ji Seong Hyun. I think Ji Seong Hyun just knows her from the past 

Few other things I wanted to mention about Episode 14

- Du Sik changing the last item on his bucket list from “Making Hye Jin happy” to “Be happy with you for a long time”. I’m not crying :criesariver:

- Geum Cheol vocalizing all of the viewers thoughts about Du Sik saying “Oi Dentist” to Hye Jon at first with a frowny face but now calls her “Hye Jin ah” “Hye Jin ah” :lol:

- Seong Hyun being the BEST SECOND LEAD EVER omg!! Giving advice to Du Sik when Hye Jin and Du Sik aren’t on good terms.

- CAN WE ALSO TALK ABOUT LEE SANG YI’S VOICE?! Amazing. His voice sounds soooo good! I can’t wait to hear the full OST from him

- Eun Cheol and Mi Seon first kiss!! -squeals- also Mi Seon embarrassing herself in front of Eun Cheol, thinking he’s making some deal :loolz:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cuteyabby said:

That's a surprise that Seonha was PDJi's sister! :open_mouth:

Is this true? I wasn’t sure if PD Ji was calling her ‘noona’ as in an older female friend or as an older sister. Though I did hear an ‘omma’ in the dialogue between them.. but Netflix subs are horrible. 

So much thoughts and feels about this episode. There is a lot to like but the other part of me can’t help but think some of these things could have been revealed earlier so that there’s more time for DS to heal and for DS and HJ to work through their issues while continuing to get to know the rest of the villagers. 

• Like 4

First off... oh i love this thread you guys are all amazing with your post, gifs, etc that I cant add more as in its all in :approves:

Now on the drama .. .  wow wow I dont know but this drama touched everything from comical, opposites attract, family issue, harrasment, etc now we've got a glimpse of some sensitive topic, taboo relationship (too the many) and of course mental health that has been seen in some epi. Love how it was stiched to each characters arc that us audience can have their "i knew it moment!"

We may feel down and gloomy this weekend (thankful that we have MS and bf for the :relaxed: little break). But at least we finally had something on DS past but oh man the entanglement :phew:

Btw, all the actors on this drama acted so well that I understand one of the post earlier that she's pausing some scenes to see the expression without looking on subs. ;) 

Well last 2 episodes and I will surely binge watch the entire drama right after :tounge_wink:

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, ferily said:

@cuteyabby Seon Ah isnt Ji Seong Hyun’s sister I’m pretty sure. He calls her “Noona” because she’s older than her. The two do have different last name too, Kang Seon Ah and Ji Seong Hyun. I think Ji Seong Hyun just knows her from the past 

Thanks for clarifying that! Yeah wouldn’t make sense they are siblings since they have different last names. 

13 minutes ago, ferily said:

- Du Sik changing the last item on his bucket list from “Making Hye Jin happy” to “Be happy with you for a long time”. I’m not crying :criesariver:

I teared too. It was such a small but poignant moment. It reflects DS prioritising himself instead of just doing what he has been the past 5 years, to give and make others happy. This time round he is allowing himself to be happy with someone else. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Kasmic said:

@YuSanSeul this is what I'm most concerned about, DS suicide attempt was in the past right? and not the present time is it? The written text preview is out, from Google translate- 

Hide contents

Please don't.. :cries:

DS is sinking back into his dark self... 

I'm so lost, I dont know how I feel. How on earth can I wait till next week.

Side note - HwaJeong and Yeong Guk, aish she forgave him too easily. 

Miseon and Officer Choi was the only rom com tonight. The only time I had a breather. 

I think the suicide attempt was from the past. I guess Doha's father also commited a sin or got into trouble at work and Dusik and his Hyung saved Doha's father by chasing someone responsible for all that trouble at work,  got into a car accident and his Hyung died but Dusik lives.  and then Seon Ha blamed Dusik for her husband's death with that Dusik fell into depression wanted to commit suicide then Doha's father saw him and the father prevented Dusik from jumping off the bridge but he was the one who fell down and end up paralyzed or it could be that the 3 of them was inside the car during the accident. Dusik, his hyung and Doha's Dad. Aside from being an orphan, not being there when his Grandfather had a heart attack, the biggest trauma that he experienced was when he was working in that company in Seoul that's the reason why he is living this kind of life now not connected to any company, not into material things, and doing all these selfless act to atone himself, to free himself from guilt and there is also the fear of Hye Jin Knowing and the fear of losing her. He feels like he is the bringer of death but of course all these deaths and accident were not deliberate. 

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images/ GIFs! Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 3

Omg @KdramaAdik75 your theory is very plausible! Du Sik clearly says that Do Ha’s father is paralyzed because of him, so maybe you are right about Du Sik trying to jump off the bridge but Do Ha’s father tries to stop him and ends up paralyzed… Du Sik attempting to commit suicide is definitely from the past, mostly likely because of the guilt of his Hyung dying in the accident. I do want to know why Do Ha’s father goes to Du Sik in the preview because it looks worried and wants to ask Du Sik for something… Is that what leads to the hyung and Du Sik getting into an accident? Ahhh the wait for the next episode will be painful

Also @bearcreek the scene we saw in the preview with the woman and kid in the sand and proceeding with Du Sik and the hyung. It looks like the woman is Hye Jin, but is the kid Ha Rang? I’m wondering why she’s with the kid if that’s the case… did Seon Ah come down to Gongjin again? I’m thinking that Seon Ah and Du Sik actually end up meeting and maybe Du Sik saying “I’m sorry” in the preview is to Du Sik OR it’s to Do Ha

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Oy. It has become makjang all a sudden. They should've warned us that this was actually a melodrama instead. 

So Doo Shik has 2 crosses to bear.. he caused (hopefully not) the death of his best friend and possibly crippled another. 

I hope Hye Jin will stick by him.. He's goin' to need someone by his side to get through all this.. poor dude.. 

On a lighter note, congrats to Yong Gook/Hwa Jeong for their reunion. Eun Cheol/Mi Seon are super duper cute! And it was sis-mance after all for Cho Hee. Although I was expecting Mi Seon to yodel at some point ha-ha! With her pigtails and that Heidi inspired top she had on LMFAo!!

No wonder South Korea has such high suicide rates.. Cho Hee's mom actually thought she was mentally ill for goodness sakes! 

Doo Shik's best friend's widow happen to be Seung Hyun's sis. Everyone's connected in k-dramas LoL. Oh the actor has a musical theatre background that's why he sang beautifully at the wrap up party.

• Like 6

I'll wait says HJ. That's all she needs to do when she loves him. Couples last happily when they don't try to change each other and after some years, they take some of each other's character, years and not a few weeks, but of course that's in real life. In kdrama, perhaps a few weeks is long enough for viewers to expect it. 

I am guessing DS and his hyung had made bad calls in investments. The assistant's father must have lost his money and tried to kill himself but ended up paralysed. Some other client probably tried to kill them but only succeeded with the hyung. DS blames himself for the deaths. He studied engineering but worked in an investment firm. He should have stuck to engineering, maybe boring but less risky.

• Like 5