[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rebel Princess上阳赋

sugarplum892

Wang Xuan found out from the Emperor that Xiao Qi had knelt in front of the Royal Study one whole night appealing for Wang Lin for Wang Xuan's sake as she had lost both her mother and her child. Losing another family member will be devastating. The Emperor said upon hearing this, he had no choice but to concede.

When the spoilt cousin beat up Yu Xin, Wang Xuan wanted to acknowledge Yu Xin as her adopted sister but Xiao Qi said it is better Yu Xin come under his family as no one will questioned because he is also of humble parentage. Yu Xin is not only an adopted sister of Xiao Qi but because she is marrying General Song, she received a noble title from the Emperor as well.

By the way, Xiao Qi referred to Wang Xuan as "My Ah Wu".

Xiao Qi commented as Wang Xuan's husband, he has never seen Wang Xuan danced for him. Wang Xuan told Xiao Qi that will be based on his performance towards her that she will honour him with such a treat. So cute.

Episode 37

Wang Xuan found out about Xiao Qi's mission on taking care of the widows and orphans of his dead soldiers. She was angry that she was not informed when they had promised that they will not hide anything from each other. She also learned that Xiao Qi had not touched anything from her dowry.

That night Wang Xuan tried to bar Xiao Qi from their bedroom

Maid: Wang Fei, Da Wang has returned

Wang Xuan appeared with hand on her hips behind the curtains

WX: You know how to come home.

XQ: I have returned somewhat at a very late hour

Xiao Qi tried to go in but Wang Xuan stopped him so he tried to find an alternative entrance.

XQ: This lady warrior is trying to look for a benefit?

WX: Who is look at you for a benefit? If I am looking, I should be looking for one who is rich.

Wang Xuan drawn away the curtains

WX: You tell me, what is this matter regarding the memorial tablets?

XQ: What memorial ...?

WX: Don't act stupid ...

XQ: You already found out ...

WX: You are worried about money everyday. You are almost bankrupt and still did not say one word to me. You take me as an outsider.

Our Da Wang can just looked sheepishly at his wife's scolding

WX: Why did you not tell me? We already said that we will be honest with each other and even made a pinky promise. It is just an empty promise. If I have known I would have cut off your hand.

Wang Xuan gave a smile.

WX: Tonight, you are not allowed here. What are you standing here? Go ...

Xiao Qi turned his back to walk out

WX: He knew very well that I am loaded and he did not even ask me.

Xiao Qi quickly turned around and sat beside Wang Xuan

XQ: I know you are loaded but I cannot touch your dowry.

WX: Why you cannot touch it? If you were going to waste it, I will not agree. But you are doing it for the country, for those soldiers and their families. I am willing to bear the responsibility.

Xiao Qi nudged at his wife playfully.

WX: You should make some calculations, those few pieces of land of yours, how long will be able to last.

XQ: So how?

WX: I had a look at the account books, I am going to take whatever cash we have and invest into shops. That way, we can use this way to support them. Do you know or not?

XQ: You are indeed such a rare lady

Wang Xuan was pleased with the compliment and Xiao Qi stole a look that his wife is no longer mad at him.

WX: Go away.

Xiao Qi stood up and draw the curtains close.

This interpretation is based on my limited understanding of the language.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

Sis Jacqueline tan , Thank you so much for detail synopsis for ep 33 and 37. They are my fav in this ep 32-41. Cant wait for next Thurs comìng eps. 

Does anyone have read in the novel , what will happen to Awu 's cousin Wang Jing? I hope she fail to put what the Empress gave to her in order to seduce Xiao Qi

Sis Jacqueline tan , Thank you so much for detail synopsis for ep 33 and 37. They are my fav in this ep 32-41. Cant wait for next Thurs comìng eps. 

Does anyone have read in the novel , what will happen to Awu 's cousin Wang Jing? I hope she fail to put what the Empress gave to her in order to seduce Xiao Qi

2 hours ago, Fenny Liong said:

So,is helan zhen really love awu? Or just wanna use her coz she is Xiao Qi weakness?

His intention is to use Awu to bring down XQ. But he has a soft spot for Awu, so it's a guess if he really can kill her when the times comes. He gifted her a very rare herb (which is a national treasure) that supposed to be an antidote to all poisen. And even his subordinate asked him in ep 40 if Awu is his weakness, which he couldn't answer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nelly Lauw said:

I can't remember most of the details but she definitely fails, she wasn't around for long.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Thank you Chingus I am now in heaven after reading the updates.  In defence of XQ , what if they had to go back to the border , there is no way a pregnant Awu could make such a trip and would probably miscarry on the way if she did get pregnant . That aside , when does she find out LOL and give him hell ? 

• Like 1

@Polly: Thank you so much for the link to the novel. I wish they would hurry up with the translation now that the show is on-air PALLI PALLI

@jacquelinetan  absolutely loving those spoilers/updates/ dialogues!!  :approves:

Our girl Awu seems to have almost every handsome man interested in her. :coolshades:And while she is definitely a great choice for anyone but I wish they would stop with this now. So far we have the third prince, XQ, Helan Zhen, Song, crown prince. Stop now boys!! There are other women in the kingdom & besides the girl just is not interested. And also she is married, so...:hwaiting2:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Ep 20

(I know i'm so late. LOL)

It's revealed Awu's parent relationship.

I dont think the PM love his Han. He did nothing when his Han got poisoned. He indeed has a grand  plan for his future. He can sacrifice her daughter, let alone his concubine which is his ex!

And also The Empress ex who was in prison. What a surprise! I feel pity for them. Being a noble and its consequences.

Btw, Awu's mother is so pretty!

@jacquelinetanlove to read ur spoiler:love:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

Wang Xuan found out from the Emperor that Xiao Qi had knelt in front of the Royal Study one whole night appealing for Wang Lin for Wang Xuan's sake as she had lost both her mother and her child. Losing another family member will be devastating. The Emperor said upon hearing this, he had no choice but to concede.

@jacquelinetan Thanks are not enough...so I am also sending a big Hug LOL :love:  ...I was wondering how is our XQ going to do both, uphold the justice and uphold his love re  father.  Was this in ep 32 that the Emperor tells her?   

I am also reading other sites and trying to fill in missing pieces ....and here is one more explanation that Chingu shared ep33 ....(So XQ is protecting her life and not being selfish ...I sigh with relief )

Xiao Qi arranged a surprise wedding ceremony. The invited guests had assumed Xiao Qi is marrying a 2nd wife (concubine). You can see the disappointment on the faces of Wang Xuan and her maids. Xiao Qi explained that the wedding was for Wang Xuan and himself, he owed her a happy wedding night. The earlier one gave her disappointing memories. He announced to the guests, in his lifetime, he will not marry any concubine and Wang Xuan will be his only wife and woman. (Knowing he can't get Wang Xuan pregnant, or she may risk her life as the doctor said she will die during child delivery as she is too weak).
When the Empress Dowager heard XiaoQi's promise, she said his announcement was timely and immediately deterred many rich families trying to build alliances with him by arranging a 2nd wife for him.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone, I wrote here bc I have been watching till Ep 41 (RAW) and I dont speak Mandarin, lol. I literally dont understand anything bur I keep watching guess Im addicted.

To ppl who already watch till ep 41, Does Awu has health problem? Like she isnt able to get pregnant again? And is it Sujin + new empress who cause it ? TIA

Edit : I just read some translation earlier, really appreciate it. TYSM everyone, I really enjoy this drama. 

Edited by Jolie Bijoux
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

Hi everyone, I wrote here bc I have been watching till Ep 41 (RAW) and I dont speak Mandarin, lol. I literally dont understand anything bur I keep watching guess Im addicted.

To ppl who already watch till ep 41, Does Awu has health problem? Like she isnt able to get pregnant again? And is it Sujin + new empress who cause it ? TIA

Edit : I just read some translation earlier, really appreciate it. TYSM everyone, I really enjoy this drama. 

Its seems like awu body is weak,she will be able to pregnant again but during labor will be dangerous..so xiao qi not allowed awu to get pregnant,but the mistake is that he doesn't tell awu and the old maid know about the medicine and mistake to think that xiao qi wants harm awu and exchange the medicine...So I think maybe awu will pregnant again later... 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

Aunt and Wang Xian spoke of another female relative having difficulty holding onto her pregnancy so it must be a common Wang female member condition. Of course the injuries she sustain during the kidnapping, then she had to handle the siege at Huizhou, palace politics then the death of her mother. I think there is so much a body can take. She was raise like a delicate flower. At the moment, except for the contraceptive potion she had not been poison although an attempted was foiled when Yu Xin spilled the poisoned tea by mistake.

From the Royal Physician's conversation that her pregnancy has a 50-50 chance of being life threatening. That is why he said if she was so unlucky. So eventually, she does have her twins, then she was deemed lucky she was able to make it through. However, Xiao Qi did not even want to take any risk and it is a big decision because it will meant he will end his own line as well.

The current Empress holds Wang Xuan for her father's death so it is out for her blood. Later, she will hand her own son to Wang Xuan to look after when a second palace coup happens. Zi Dan and He Lan Zhen cooperation.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Aunt and Wang Xian spoke of another female relative having difficulty holding onto her pregnancy so it must be a common Wang female member condition. Of course the injuries she sustain during the kidnapping, then she had to handle the siege at Huizhou, palace politics then the death of her mother. I think there is so much a body can take. She was raise like a delicate flower. At the moment, except for the contraceptive potion she had not been poison although an attempted was foiled when Yu Xin spilled the poisoned tea by mistake.

From the Royal Physician's conversation that her pregnancy has a 50-50 chance of being life threatening. That is why he said if she was so unlucky. So eventually, she does have her twins, then she was deemed lucky she was able to make it through. However, Xiao Qi did not even want to take any risk and it is a big decision because it will meant he will end his own line as well.

The current Empress holds Wang Xuan for her father's death so it is out for her blood. Later, she will hand her own son to Wang Xuan to look after when a second palace coup happens. Zi Dan and He Lan Zhen cooperation.

Thank you so much, I really hope they can have their own children together. And so far I cant stand new empress, I always try to skip her parts but Im afraid to miss an important parts. 

Also Im hoping to see a happy ending for this drama, as I invested so much of my time for this drama, including countless rewatch some episodes lol. 

19 minutes ago, Fenny Liong said:

Its seems like awu body is weak,she will be able to pregnant again but during labor will be dangerous..so xiao qi not allowed awu to get pregnant,but the mistake is that he doesn't tell awu and the old maid know about the medicine and mistake to think that xiao qi wants harm awu and exchange the medicine...So I think maybe awu will pregnant again later... 

Thank you! Ya I really want to see kiddos soon, their own kids. But also what happened in Ningshuo was also a part of Xiao Qi's fault, no? He left her alone unguarded, thats my view tho 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jacquelinetan said:

Oh, so that wicked woman will give birth to a son? When the Royal Physician took her pulse, he said that the foetus was weak and she should rest more. I was secretly hoping (sorry to be so evil, but you all know where my loyalty lies :grimace:)  that she would miscarry as karma for being so smug when she heard that A Wu had a miscarriage :cry:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

So its seems that Zi dan will betray her own relative? Is Zi dan want the throne to make awu back or any other motive?

• Like 1

@JilliaYeah, I understand that a lot of guys will fall for Ah Wu. I was suspish when Gen Song touched her to prevent her from going to the palace. That's a big no-no during their time. So he was really concerned about her that time. 

I always adjust my mindset when I watch dramas set during the olden days. This is so I can accept and suspend my disbelief that women were not really able to asset their thoughts during those times. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fenny Liong said:

So its seems that Zi dan will betray her own relative? Is Zi dan want the throne to make awu back or any other motive?

I think in the end of ep 41 he said to He Lan . Zi tan want both Awu and throne.

Btw , i think the PM wang lin (awu's father) still alive, doesnt he? I hope he will help Xiao Qi and Awu On coming episodes

• Like 2

Hi all

I just finished ep 21

May I asked:

1. What was written on the handkerchief that Awu use to wipe her aunt?

I read some of u have same Q as me but i havent read the A yet.

2. Why suddenly Gen Song appeared in front of Awu? And he didnt wear army suit. Who was sent him there? 

I love when Awu rejected 3rd prince. She respect her husband eventhough he wasnt around. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Auniyshi S said:

1. What was written on the handkerchief that Awu use to wipe her aunt?

I read some of u have same Q as me but i havent read the A yet.

I read somewhere that was a love letter between the Empress and that old courtier whom she went to meet in prison, the one who is loyal to the Emperor (I dont remember his name). Before marrying the emperor these two were in love.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1