[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rebel Princess上阳赋

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, Nelly Lauw said:

Hu yao's bro asked hu yao to exchange his sword with XQ's  and ruin his bro's face. So people cant recognize the face but people mistaken him as XQ based on the sword

Reading this gives heart break. I like every one of his bro/comrades. How he fight and protect him in every way possible until his last breath :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

After reading your post guys, I dont think I can handle this drama, feels like want to wait in March and peek for the ending then watch it all over  again, smh. Now the plot has thickened and Im so anxious lol, somebody pls tell me, we will have a happy ending? I mean after all this couple gone thru, sad ending wont do the justice Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF 

• Like 3

@gingerchewsfor the link. We finally get to know that:

Spoiler

- Yuxiu got married with General Song and is pregnant. 

- Awu's cousin failed to seduce XQ. Seems like XQ did get drugged with aphrodisiacs but managed to keep himself in check through distraction by slicing his own arm. KUDOS, he is literally the ONE and ONLY guy in the show to withstand aphrodisiacs and temptation!

- The small girl we saw XQ carrying in one of the earlier episodes, is confirmed not XQ's daughter but his friend's daughter. He adopted her after his friend died in battle. Apparently, the girl has a brother and it's likely that XQ adopted him too. So now I'm wondering if the boy and girl we see Awu and XQ hugging in the ending song credits are them, and not Awu and XQ's own kids (they may not have their own kids after all)???

- The emperor gets assassinated by Helan Zhen (suspect it's with the help of the empress and Zidan) and XQ gets framed for it. A battle ensues, XQ seems to get poisened in the process and General Hu gets killed saving XQ. Before General Hu died, he instructs his sister (Hu Yao) to change his clothing with XQ's and mutilate his face so that people will identify his corpse as XQ's. It wasn't shown but it's likely that in the aftermath people assume that XQ is dead (incl. Awu???). When in actual fact he has been saved by Hu Yao. The battle scene also features the 2 black and white horses (from the earlier romantic grassland date scene) perish, loyally defending XQ (that was quite a touching moment). BTW, I always feel bad for the horses when watching ancient dramas. The way they fall and trip. I hope they don't get injured in the process. 

- The empress gave birth to a son. 

Edited by Polly
Added 1 more point which I forgot to mention earlier.
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Does this really happen to our princess? It will be like a repeat nightmare

i don’t want it :bawling::bawling:

Spoiler

Wang Xuan gets taken to He Lan. So will she be the Miss Wang to be send for marriage to Hu Lan now she is a widow

Also who is the real culprit behind the death?

Spoiler

He Lan Zhen's plan made it looked like it was Xiao Qi who murdered the Emperor

Thanks @Polly for sharing all the details. One more question 

Spoiler

Why was Awu in the palace, also checking up on the baby

8 minutes ago, Kachan02 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wang Xuan gets taken to He Lan. So will she be the Miss Wang to be send for marriage to Hu Lan now she is a widow

Reveal hidden contents

As I was saying maybe Miss Wang Xian will get her punishment by fulfilling the marriage contract and marry He Lan Tuo after what she tried to do to Xiao Qi. You think Wang Xuan wants to help her now even Wang Su knows she tried to "rape" his brother in law.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

Im so anxious lol, somebody pls tell me, we will have a happy ending?

I read the novel our couple live HEA for a while 

Spoiler

And then she dies bcoz of health reasons

I also heard the second half will be heart wrenching for our couple in the novel

but I wish drama ending can change to make us happy after all the agony they put us through 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Polly said:

@gingerchewsfor the link. We finally get to know that:

Hide contents

- Yuxiu got married with General Song and is pregnant. 

- Awu's cousin failed to seduce XQ. Seems like XQ did get drugged with aphrodisiacs but managed to keep himself in check through distraction by slicing his own arm. KUDOS, he is literally the ONE and ONLY guy in the show to withstand aphrodisiacs and temptation!

- The small girl we saw XQ carrying in one of the earlier episodes, is confirmed not XQ's daughter but his friend's daughter. He adopted her after his friend died in battle. Apparently, the girl has a brother and it's likely that XQ adopted him too. So now I'm wondering if the boy and girl we see Awu and XQ hugging in the ending song credits are them, and not Awu and XQ's own kids (they may not have their own kids after all)???

- The emperor gets assassinated by Helan Zhen (suspect it's with the help of the empress and Zidan) and XQ gets framed for it. A battle ensues, XQ seems to get poisened in the process and General Hu gets killed saving XQ. Before General Hu died, he instructs his sister (Hu Yao) to change his clothing with XQ's and mutilate his face so that people will identify his corpse as XQ's. It wasn't shown but it's likely that in the aftermath people assume that XQ is dead (incl. Awu???). When in actual fact he has been saved by Hu Yao. The battle scene also features the 2 black and white horses (from the earlier romantic grassland date scene) perish, loyally defending XQ (that was quite a touching moment). BTW, I always feel bad for the horses when watching ancient dramas. The way they fall and trip. I hope they don't get injured in the process. 

- The empress gave birth to a son. 

So the scene Xq .awu and 1 boy 1 girl hug together in the song clip. The children are not theirs. Hm hopefully towards the end, they really have their own children and live happily

46 minutes ago, Kachan02 said:

I read the novel our couple live HEA for a while 

Hide contents

And then she dies bcoz of health reasons

I also heard the second half will be heart wrenching for our couple in the novel

but I wish drama ending can change to make us happy after all the agony they put us through 

Yess i wish too 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

I like to see him asking Xiao Qi to sign the divorce papers.

I think I saw somewhere that Xiao Qi will have to fake his death (following father in law's footstep) and Wang Xuan will spent some time at He Lan country. She wore the ethnic clothes with a white flower in her hair.

Yes! I remember seeing a scene of her in the intro where she came out of the hut in Helan

• Sad 1

The author had said that there will be a happy ending in this drama. The drama will not follow 100%of what is in the original novel. As it is there is an indication that He Lan Zhen has got more screen time than in the book.

Looking at the recent video on Weibo, poor Zi Long is not making it and guess what Empress Dowager's plan to get rid of Xie Wan Ru. If I am not mistaken, she will be decreed to be buried together with Zi Long. You will see Wan Ru agreeing to be with Zi Long but I am sure she mean she will be with him while he is ill. I don't think she bargained for eternal rest with him.

I suppose Empress Dowager will still be in charge ruling behind the baby Crown Prince. Looks like General Song is a very high official.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kachan02 said:
  Hide contents

Why was Awu in the palace, also checking up on the baby

Spoiler

Not sure why Awu was there, as we only get to see snip shots. But it seems that the empress' baby has been crying non stop and the reason is because someone stuffed something in the baby's clothing/wrap he is allergic to. Awu discovered it cause she is also allergic to it. 

1 hour ago, jacquelinetan said:

As I was saying maybe Miss Wang Xian will get her punishment by fulfilling the marriage contract and marry He Lan Tuo after what she tried to do to Xiao Qi. You think Wang Xuan wants to help her now even Wang Su knows she tried to "rape" his brother in law.

Spoiler

I also don't think Awu will replace her cousin to marry Helan Tuo. Helan Zhen wants her for himself, there is no way for him to give up Awu now that XQ is out of the way. Given that XQ is framed, assumed death and a traitor, Awu probably doesn't have a place/doesn't want to stay in the capital anymore. She also probably thinks Zidan is solely behind the plot. And Helan Zhen likely took the opportunity to offer Awu a way out by bringing her to his country. 

1 hour ago, Nelly Lauw said:

So the scene Xq .awu and 1 boy 1 girl hug together in the song clip. The children are not theirs. Hm hopefully towards the end, they really have their own children and live happily

Spoiler

I'm suspecting cause the boy and girl in the ending song look similar to the boy and girl XQ adopted (in terms of looks and age difference). But I'm not sure, I hope I'm wrong and that Awu and XQ eventually will get to have their own children or child. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome 2

28 minutes ago, Polly said:

Reveal hidden contents

Its hard for me to accept it, but if our couple is happy with adopted kids and live as HEA, why not, I'll wrap around the concept and embrace it. but I guess we will be overjoyed with more additions.

2 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:
2 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Expand  

@jacquelinetan thank u, at least this would be some consolation for the things she did

• Like 1

By the way, for those who want to spend the time while waiting for future episodes, check out Singing All Along. Justin Yuan (He Lan Zhen) plays the lead. He is also a General with royal ties turned Emperor, based on real historical character. Strong female lead in Ruby Lin.

Back to Episode 37, Xiao Qi was so gleeful when he overheard that Wang Xuan allowed him to use her dowries. He went to her and gave her little nudges and flowered her with compliments then I suppose with the curtain closed, did his husband duty of making his wife happy.

Indeed Wang Xuan came up with a better commercial plan to sustain the families.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I have finished with episode 37 & I find that He Lan Zhen just too boring. The actor is damn handsome but he & that tattoo brother/friend of his just look like silly showoffs. His arc was better when he had kidnapped Awu. I am missing the PM & even Zilv. It was fun when they were around. At least their plots & schemes were exciting. This guy is just a pest hell bent on spoiling Awu's reputation. And OMG that cousin:angry: Please pack her off with this He Lan guy to his far off country. Actually all the females in this drama (except Awu, Yuxui & Aunt Xu) are such a big headache<_< I also wonder whom will poor Su-er be forced to marry this time? That guy is really decent compared to most men here, hope he gets a nice wife this time.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

16 hours ago, Polly said:

@gingerchews

Hide contents

- The emperor gets assassinated by Helan Zhen (suspect it's with the help of the empress and Zidan) and XQ gets framed for it. A battle ensues, XQ seems to get poisened in the process and General Hu gets killed saving XQ. Before General Hu died, he instructs his sister (Hu Yao) to change his clothing with XQ's and mutilate his face so that people will identify his corpse as XQ's. It wasn't shown but it's likely that in the aftermath people assume that XQ is dead (incl. Awu???). When in actual fact he has been saved by Hu Yao. 

Spoiler

I hope the timing of XQ faking his death and awu discovering about the herbs is not the same or one after the other. I sincerely hope they are able to sort out this misunderstanding before he goes missing. And during their separation we see them missing each other and also having complete faith that they will meet each other soon ☺️

• Like 4

finished 39/68 .... Well Awu I heard that your cousin that you are trying so hard to save will be after your husband :sweat:  and 

even without being a princess lol....our female intuition screams a mile away when someone does not like us , or is fake , .....so only now you are getting a glimpse of your best girlfriend and you are still dense when it comes to your maid .

I know you are recuperating these 10 episodes and as you said in the past episode when your husband is with you , you don't have to do anything ...but still we need to see you come  back to life a bit more. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

56 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

when your husband is with you , you don't have to do anything ...

I think this applies to any woman being pampered no matter which century they live in :blush:

2 hours ago, The.Lannister said:

And OMG that cousin:angry: Please pack her off with this He Lan guy to his far off country. Actually all the females in this drama (except Awu, Yuxui & Aunt Xu) are such a big headache<_<

Not only us but u know both empress and empress dowager were calling them idiots.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The.Lannister said:

Spoiler

I hope the timing of XQ faking his death and awu discovering about the herbs is not the same or one after the other. I sincerely hope they are able to sort out this misunderstanding before he goes missing. And during their separation we see them missing each other and also having complete faith that they will meet each other soon ☺️

Spoiler

What I gather from the previews is that Awu will find out about the herbs first and the whole thing gets sorted out before XQ gets framed and disappears.

The herbs incident happened right after her cousin's failed attempt in seducing XQ. Awu was asking XQ about it while she was bandaging his self-inflicted wound. She calmly asked him why he fed her the contraceptive herbs. Is it because he doesn't want them to have kids together. XQ replied that of course he wants to have kids together, but when she had her miscarriage the imperial doctor said that if she would to get pregnant again, it's likely that she will miscarry again and it would be life threatening for her. Frankly, I was a bit surprised about how calm Awu was when she asked XQ about it. I thought she would be super pissed and give him some hard time. But then again, XQ just successfully warded off her cousin's temptations (ie. he rather harm himself than just have carnal pleasure). So that definitely must have touched her and lessened her anger. 

After the incident we can see Awu leaning against XQ (in a lovey dovey manner) and she was telling him how nice and peaceful it is now when some people (she is referring to her aunt and cousin) have left the Yuzhang Manor. 

5 hours ago, jadore1 said:

finished 39/68 .... Well Awu I heard that your cousin that you are trying so hard to save will be after your husband :sweat:  and 

even without being a princess lol....our female intuition screams a mile away when someone does not like us , or is fake , .....so only now you are getting a glimpse of your best girlfriend and you are still dense when it comes to your maid

Yes, totally agree. I ranted about this before. Especially about Awu still not knowing that Jiner is in love with Zidan. It's so obvious that Jiner has an extraordinary interest in him. She herself said it that Jiner is acting more distant ever since they reunited, and that something must have happened in the period that they were separated. She also knows that Jiner was with Zidan during that period. So it's just a matter of connecting the dots together. For someone as intelligent as her, she should have figured it out much earlier (sigh). Anyway, I think Jiner will be used /has a part in framing XQ later on. 

• Like 6