[Drama 2022-2023] The Glory, 더 글로리

twtwb

I just finish Ep 6.  It is good. Ep 4 & 5 are ok.

Spoiler

In Ep 6 Moon Dong Eun (SHK) had a Panic Attack when she saw others BBQing some meat strips.  

In the last scene, Joo Yeo Jeong advised her to let go of Revenge.  She stripped to let her him sees all the Scars on her Body.  But SHK is quite sensible.  For that scene, the Crew only took a Long-Shot.  So viewers cannot get to her body at close-range.  And she had her back facing JYJ.  Her "Bikini" are quite big type.  Not the teenie-weenie type

I agree with @SkelligI think the Makeup Artist purposely made her looks "Aged": her hairstyle, her make-up.   Her actual person does not look that bad.  In this Drama, she is 36 years old - when she meet up with JYJ again after a few years.

Slowly, things are coming together for her Revenge.  

- The Leader Park Yeon Jin is going to be in Deep Trouble.  Her daughter belongs to the other Male Collaborator,  Jeon Jae Jun.  Her wealthy husband does not know.

- Lee Sara (Female Tormentor) the Artist is a Junkie

- Hye Jeong (Female Tormentor & Air-Hostess and the poorest among them) is chasing for a rich husband

- Son Myeong O, another poor male tormentor has joined MDEun (SHK).  When discovered, he will not have a good ending either.

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

I'm watching this because I am liking the story and plot. I will refrain from saying anything about her acting here. :vicx: Don't want anyone to come after me. :D

But what's with this hair? :blink::blink::blink:@Ameera Ali @UnniSarah @Skellig

Haha understood. If she could do better then of course it's for the best. But as I said, she's enough so don't have any complains here.

I've watched quite a lot dramas from Korean, Chinese, Thai, US, UK,... and I think it really depends on the script a lot, most the actors shine because they choose a right script, a right character cause when I watch their second or their third drama, they're the same or become worse.

That hair is really creep me out =)). Maybe he will do something nasty in part 2, he looks like a bad guy for sure.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 3

I have refrain from reading any comments here because I am really loving it here@partyon I believe this will be a Cinderella ending. Sadly for this drama, i think it is needed because FL isn’t Rich but also need some kind of protection. I believe this drama will have a part 2.  

I am not SHK fan but she is doing a good job and the ML & FL’s romance intrigues me because she has lost her innocence and I think someone younger than her who hasn’t lost too much of his innocence will save her.  

When ML & FL are together, I sense ML CAN SEE AND FEEL HER PAIN. When she smiles his reaction is EPIC!! 

I will come back after episode 4 is done. 

Her revenge plan is well thought out. 

@Ameera Ali  I agree chingu Anne Hathaway Agree GIF by The Hustle Movie

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I just finished episode 1 and half way through episode 2. I had to stop myself because this drama is so good . 

To all my Chingu I know join me here to watch this amazing drama @Nomorelisa  @chococarmela@Lmangla @backstreetboysfan @LeftCoastOppa @maribella @Thong Thin @melodictrain  

If revenge drama are your cup of tea please please watch this.  Let me know if you guys like it. 

Planning to but watching old revenge dramas now.  I am sure shows like this that includes A actors will be good.  Revenge of Others and Weak Hero Class 1 was so very good.  I get lots of satisfaction watching villains getting their just dues.

@partyon I was just going to post something in the two dailies and find out if anyone's watching this!! Telepathy! Or maybe you now know the revenge crowd :Megalol:

Spoiler

This time, I'll watch to see her act.

I had watched SHK in her early dramas when her looks were not the focus. I quite like her in those, Full house, All in and Autumn story. Then I saw her in the geisha drama  and Ha Ji Won was in the another remake. Enough said. There may be SHK's fans here who would put a hex on me.

I had finished watching SJK's Reborn Rich, disliked the ending but I had thoroughly enjoyed the earlier 15 episodes - not that I liked every bit but I enjoyed watching it. I am curious to see how SHK is performing. She's been in quite a few dramas with that obvious age gap with the ML. How is she going to meet a nice actor, her age? Tsk tsk. The one's in her age group married women 10-15 years younger. So Ji Sub, Bae Yoon Jun etc. I hope she'll be in a popular drama later with someone she'll fall in love and marry like  Son Ye Jin. SJK is seriously dating a British woman, it seems. Ok, back to the drama.

There is going to be part 2?? I hate that type. Look at AOS, I stopped at episode 1.

• LOL 3

I started watching this yesterday with @Ameera Ali  @agenth  and  @partyon . I still have two episodes left. 

This been a good dark drama except for the romance between FL and ML. Like @partyon  said they look like mother and son rather than couple.  Also I´m not a fan of romance in dark dramas. 

the younger actors are playing their parts good. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• gm4queen changed the title to [Current Drama 2022 - 2023] The Glory, 더 글로리 - Song Hye Kyo, Lee Do Hyun - Premiereing on Netflix
3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I just finished episode 1 and half way through episode 2. I had to stop myself because this drama is so good . 

To all my Chingu I know join me here to watch this amazing drama @Nomorelisa  @chococarmela@Lmangla @backstreetboysfan @LeftCoastOppa @maribella @Thong Thin @melodictrain  

If revenge drama are your cup of tea please please watch this.  Let me know if you guys like it. 

Thank you @UnniSarah for tagging.

As I was saying earlier, I wondered if our revenge crowd is here. I saw the ML was 10-12 years younger than FL. SHK is beautiful but it is really pushing the limit when matching a 20 something person with a 40 something person, even maintaining the gap in the show like Eve.      I'll give it a go and accept the oddities of kdramas as usual.

• Like 3
  • Blob 4

Made it through season 1....

Just some quick thoughts. Do not open if you haven't completed ep 8.

Spoiler
  • The story is good, but a couple of things were less stellar:
    • I understand that the ML is traumatized from the murder of his father, but the way he jumped on the FL's revenge bandwagon was way too quick and also didn't make sense
    • The ending of ep 8 was anticlimactic. I thought there would have been a bigger twist to the story, but alas no. The girl's body is missing and the Queen Bee's hubby confronts his wife in the FL's apartment. Not very impactful or powerful
  • The Queen Bee and her lover, let's call him Hornet, have the most peculiar relationship. Don't think either really loves the other, but they are very similar in character and nature so they click.
  • Was surprised by the Hornet's reaction to finding out he's a dad. I am not sure if he really loves this child or if he is just feeling possessiveness of her and wants her for himself.
    If one thing is for sure, the only person who is a good parent for that child is the Queen Bee's hubby - and he's not even the real father. :grimace:
  • I was expecting the Queen Bee's hubby to be very evil, but surprisingly enough he has been a quite warm character. Would love to see him help the FL take down his wife in season 2, because we don't need more evil people around.
  • I am gonna be blunt and say that I think that the young actress playing the FL as a teenager actually pulled off the role much better than the FL did. The FL is unable to emote any kind of microexpressions, so the acting comes off super bland. Makes me think of the ML in V.I.P.
    :emmm:
  • The romance - nope, not feeling it. Will continue to FF those parts. Even though it's impossible, I would actually prefer the FL to end up with the Queen Bee's hubby. :joy:

@agenth and I are planning on putting up a poll on this thread - maybe tomorrow already. If you have any suggestions on questions you want to see included, do let us know. :kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • Love 5

I just finished it this morning.. Dong eun has more chemistry with Yeon Jin's husband. He is so sexy :heartxoxo:

I am quite surprise that there isn't any closure for season 1. I still don't understand the part where the Male lead wanted to see the corpse but it's not there anymore. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Thanks for tagging me.. I will definitely watch once I am back from my holidays. 

Happy New Year 2023 to all chingu who are watching revenge dailies with me @maribella @chococarmela @LeftCoastOppa @Lmangla @backstreetboysfan @melodictrain 

• Like 7

Hello Chingu's 

I just finished binge watching the drama.  

@partyon  I love your review on this drama  ONly read after watching the whole of part 1

Spoiler

Episode 8  The ending was flat , I got no buzz from watching it

Young Dong Eun was a better actress than her adult self. I really tried to feel  her acting . Ha Do Yeong should have been the male lead. His chemistry was better with the Adult Dong Eun. 

I rather enjoyed knowing Dong Eun's mom's life was in the pits of hell. She seems have a mental illness. 

The story is actually good but the writer's path she is taking it is not smooth at all. She should have had DE ended up with Ha Do Yeong. Ha Do Yeong is a typical chaebol man but he isn't cruel or violent. Queen Bee actually loves hubby, I knew that and wasn't surprised at all when she realied it but sadly she doens't love her lover. She has been using him from the beginning but the lover does love her because she is accepting of him. Yes they both are attracted to each other but Queen Bee finds hubby more attractive. The make out scene between lover and hubby are different. 

Lim Ji yeon .... Her performance in this drama was amazing , Even in the endign gave me nice buzz and I actually can't wait to see her ending. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Chingus, how did you finish episode 1?  I am up to 27 minutes and I feel queasy, and that's with FFW the torture part. 
The teacher slapped her and the others watched or feebly tried to stop him! The ****** Didn't his parents teach him anything? Jerk. :rage:

I want to suspend my thinking faculty but is it possible to have such happenings and it did not reach the minister of education, or newspapers? 
I have been puzzled for a long time, how could such rich people attend the same school as a truly poor girl whose mother is like a street walker? 

Anyway, help me, is there any more torture and violence in other episodes?

Happy New Year to you too @Thong Thin may the New Year blessed us with happiness and good health.

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by iPlace 

Happy New Year  everyone.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

@partyon @UnniSarah  I just finished Ep 8 - Season 1.  Now we have to wait till 03/2023. :(

Spoiler

@partyon       I like the names you have for them - Queen Bee and Hornet :lol:

I like Queen Bee's husband, Ha Do Yeong.  He is Rich.  But (my guess)-  upright.  So far I don't find him Arrogant.  He does not play around.  Does not smoke.  Always at work or at home.  Stable and Pleasant.  Yes. Like most of you, I would prefer him being paired with Dong Eun (SHK).  More plausible with their ages closer to each other.

I find it incredible that Do Yeong would be anamoured by Dong Eun with just one look at her playing Go.  A rich and successful businessman.  And Dong Eun does not look captivating at all.  Even though he enjoys playing Go.

There should be no sympathy for Queen Bee.  She is thoroughly evil.  Her mother too.  Queen Bee has not learnt from her mistakes.  She wished she had killed Dong Eun instead.

Young Dong Eun is certainly a better actress.  She is rich in her Micro-Expressions. Very online.  But as I've said.  It could be due to the stage of the play.

Young Dong Eun was Young and Powerless.  So being picked on like that must have been very  Horrifying for her.  Thus she is more expressive.

Adult Dong Eun was more Assured.  She has a Purpose. And has to be Strong.  But still for the occasional moments when she has a breakdown, she could at least show some micro-expressions.  That is her weaknesses as an Actress, I suppose.  She looks  "Blank" and expressionless most of the time.

Romance?  It is fine with me if there is No Romance.  As long as the Story maintains it's excitement and purpose.  Revenge enacted.  A happy ending for the Female Lead.

The Ending is not Strong enough.  But it is acceptable for me:

- with the husband confronting Queen Bee

- with Joo Yeo Jeong (the Plastic Surgeon friend of Dong Eun) finding the dead body of Yoon So Hee gone

- with Dong Eun back in Yeo Jeong's house

All these are not meant for an Explosive Ending.  But more of an Explosive Beginning for Season 2.  I guess.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

@maribella The first episode is the worst, it's a bit better in ep 2. From ep 3-> it is smooth sailing. You can do it!

:hwaiting:

@UnniSarah Yea, the ending fell flat - they should have gone for a more riveting ending of ep 8, so that people will actually want to tune into season 2. 

Sesame Street Idk GIF

@hush puppy @Ameera Ali @UnniSarah @illay Let's petition for the FL to end up with the Queen Bee's husband instead! They match really well. :wub: Can't they just at least try to have leads who are closer to age to make it more realistic?

@UnniSarah I feel like Queen Bee is attracted more to Hornet than to her hubby. You see, there is a vital difference between her marriage and her affair. With her hubby she is always putting on a show (aegyo, seduction, pleading, etc) to get what she wants from him. Whereas with Hornet she can be herself, also showing her nasty temper and true character. Hornet knows her, hubby doesn't.

So when she said that she thinks she loves her husband, me thinks she's barking up the wrong tree. :grimace:

I don't know if she loves Hornet either, but she's definitely more emotionally connected to him than to her husband.

As for the husband, I doubt he loves his wife. He only picked her because she was wearing a designer brand and wore the least amount of clothes. He is more in the love with the FL at this point in time.

Jack Black Yes GIF

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

36 minutes ago, partyon said:

@UnniSarah I feel like Queen Bee is attracted more to Hornet than to her hubby. You see, there is a vital difference between her marriage and her affair. With her hubby she is always putting on a show (aegyo, seduction, pleading, etc) to get what she wants from him. Whereas with Hornet she can be herself, also showing her nasty temper and true character. Hornet knows her, hubby doesn't.

So when she said that she thinks she loves her husband, me thinks she's barking up the wrong tree. 

I don't know if she loves Hornet either, but she's definitely more emotionally connected to him than to her husband.

As for the husband, I doubt he loves his wife. He only picked her because she was wearing a designer brand and wore the least amount of clothes. He is more in the love with the FL at this point in time.

@partyon @UnniSarah  That is the problem with Love.  Very complicated at times oh.  And it changes as one grows in Maturity.

Queen Bee is attracted to the Wealth and Status of her husband - Marrying Up.  While the husband was attracted by her expensive clothing.  To match his status.  They are not marrying for Love.  And yes. It must be very Tiring for Queen Bee to hide her real self from her husband.

This kind of Marriage will break up at the slightest provocation.

There is nothing like Marrying for Love.  With a genuine acceptance, appreciation and understanding of each other.

• Like 4
  • Blob 3