[Drama 2022] Yumi's Cells Season 1 & 2 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young

partyon

Yumi Cells 2 First Half Semi Long Review.--Rating 8/10

First of all this one is far far better paced than S1 was, Thank You!

The Cells animation is better as well. 

Yu Babi is charismatic and near perfect How?

Woong is making me cry and damn how handsomely pathetic is he.

I feel Yumi is not 100% genuine when it comes to Babi tbh.

First because I think she got into the relationship very early and it was more of a rebound urge or to not let that chance go away for a HEA. She was not fully over Woong. Also her Love Cell as potrayed literally had to listen to fanclub and reasonings , it was not let's say genuine attraction/interest, it was Like Hey I am getting a Good apartment at cheaper rate  bcuz I can't afford the Expensive one , it will turn out good. But I liked how the Woong thing was dealt with clear boundaries and that last guilt clarification.

Wung Oh Wung , if Only you Just TALKED and listened at the right time. Pride is a Wall even Love can't climb. Your Pride cost you your most prized Possession. I get the desperation with which he asked Saeyi for a Job at her company, but even if Yumi and Wung could potentially sort it out , Saeyi's presence would never let them live properly. Also He still does not get the clue he is dumb. But this was his first relationship I think..from S1 itself it was known he isnt the end game but his face and the chemistry between the two far far exceeds any other stuff in this show. EP 5 was just heartbreaking...

:sad1:

His and Yumi's story is more relatable v/s Her and BB's

Babi is smooth, straightforward, Can read Yumi better and that is a gift because He also Acts on the right time. Ideal people Like him rarely exist! So I feel he is superficial to some extent so that makes it harder for me to connect with him as a character. JY's acting is superb as Babi, but I feel the chemistry between him and KGE is awkward to some extent and they dont feel believable enough like her and ABH did. Call it the character sketch , their chemistry but something just does not hit right. So BB/YM connection for me lacks , I still prefer her and WG as a chemistry CP. The most chemistry I see with BB/YM is when they makeout but that too is lusty not feel in love and lusty so yeah ...

The Cells this season are far more expressive and active...also BB's cells are more interesting than WG cuz he still has a mystery factor to him, but maybe as Shy cell said Doesn't he have even 1 single flaw? That will make any partner insecure.That essentially is what makes Yumi overthink to the point that we were in a self cooked Makhajang for good 20 minutes of EP 6 while below happend which was hillarious

Overthinker Yumi - Enacting as BB's dad splashing water on her face while chiding her. Detective Cell- I think the writer cell is far better suited as a Drama Scriptwriter than Novel Writer!

The dialoges are smarter and feelings with Wung hit hardest! But Wung is catastrophically DUMB. YM and WG chemistry is so on point, her settings boundaries with him scene had 100x the more power to make their team cry than BB and Her flirting. It Hurttsssssss..But BB is a healthy choice for Mind, so it is what it is.

Coming to fanclub introduction..Surprise with Gong YOO FANCLUB haha also the Fan and ANti fan Episode was so on point for any Asian Drama fan lmao....The ANti fans were CP fans and Fans were solely BB fans lol...<Ref : a  B/G CP fan is mostly the girl's fandom not the Boy's Solo fan lol>

Lets see what Second half has in store for us...

• Like 1

I was happy and sad while watching episode 5.  Just to see Woong again made my heart skip a beat even though I knew their scenes were all about what would have been, could have been.  It was a bittersweet episode, one in which Yumi set Woong straight on her current relationship.  I also agree that their chemistry is so real even when their breaking up. 

I just can't warm up to Babi but that's my own prejudice.  I don't see much connection except his smooth operator style in romance.  Anyone would have a hard time resisting him.  Woong was far from experienced in that category but that's what made him so dorkable.  He sincerely loved Yumi, fell in love with her at first sight, couldn't share his money problems then lost her.

I thank the writers for giving us Woong lovers this episode.  I needed to see Woong and Yumi come to an understanding about their breakup and have both of them apologize for not doing what could have been done.  It was closure for me and for their story.  I don't plan to watch the rest of season 2 since watching Yumi with Babi has become a non issue for me.

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

GOT7’s Jinyoung Describes His Similarities To His “Yumi’s Cells 2” Character, How Peaceful He Feels With His Members, And More

GOT7’s Jinyoung recently spoke about his personality, similarities to his “Yumi’s Cells 2” character, love for his bandmates, and more with GQ Korea!

In a recent interview with GQ Australia, GOT7’s Jinyoung mentioned that he had considered leaving the entertainment industry for good. The interviewer for GQ Korea shared that this had shocked them and Jinyoung responded with a laugh, “Some aspects got a bit twisted. However, can’t anyone have those kind of thoughts?”

When the interviewer agreed that they had also considered a different line of work before, Jinyoung explained that his thoughts were similar to that. He shared, “I’m only 29 [by Korean reckoning] so do I have to only be a singer and actor for the rest of my life?” Smiling, Jinyoung added, “I just meant that I’ve had those kind of thoughts before when I was going through a tough time.”

Jinyoung-1.jpegJinyoung-2.jpeg

Looking back on his life and career, Jinyoung revealed that he’s never once regretted anything. He elaborated, “If I made a mistake in the past, I’m enlightened of the mistake and improve. If I constantly only did well, I might be making mistakes today.”

The interviewer praised Jinyoung’s healthy mindset and asked whether he ever thought about “what if” scenarios. After thinking for a moment, Jinyoung answered, “I haven’t. I can’t turn back time.”

However, he poked fun at GOT7’s interesting past styling choices as he continued while laughing, “There’s something [GOT7] jokes about. ‘We shouldn’t have done that hair or that styling for that album,’ ‘Failure is the mother of success, but there’s no need to fail.’ It’s not that I try not to fail. We just had to try something new and pretty, but we just tried something new. We were too ahead of our time. ‘Let’s just follow trends.’ That’s how we joke around.”

Spoiler

Jinyoung-3-800x539.jpeg

Jinyoung-4.jpeg

Jinyoung expanded on how at ease he feels with his GOT7 bandmates, sharing, “When I’m with my members, my screws come a bit undone. My manager said this. ‘Hyung, this is my first time seeing this kind of tension [from you].’ I didn’t know either but people say I get incredibly excited when I’m with my members. Why does it feel like that? After working while being all nervous, meeting with my members feels like I’ve gotten a vacation. As if I played by the ocean and recharged all my power.”

At the recent press conference for “Yumi’s Cells 2,” Jinyoung described his character Yoo Babi as someone with “kind kid syndrome.” Jinyoung explained this, saying, “It’s an obsession. Babi has this compulsion to do well for others. To all women and even all men. If I’m to infer about a few of Babi’s actions, there are a lot of aspects that could be misunderstood. Although this doesn’t come out in the drama, if you look at Babi’s story in the original webtoon, he says, ‘I thought I just had to blindly be nice.’ That’s the point where I felt that Babi had ‘kind kid syndrome.'”

He compared this aspect of Babi to himself, saying, “I have a similar kind of compulsion. When I moved to Seoul alone at 17 years old, there was no one I could rely on. I think the way I survived was similar to Babi. I greeted everyone diligently and I tried to overreact and speak kindly. While looking back on my past self, I was able to quickly gain hints on the character of Babi.”

Spoiler

Jinyoung-5.jpeg

Jinyoung-6.jpeg

According to renowned psychiatrist Dr. Oh Eun Young, those who procrastinate have the tendency to be perfectionists. Jinyoung explained that this described him, commenting, “I’m a perfectionist. But I’m not that much of a perfectionist. When I think it’s perfect, it’s always missing one or two things…[I’m] a bit of a careless perfectionist.”

When asked what he strives to be perfect at these days, Jinyoung chose acting. He elaborated, “Right now, my next project. Whenever I finish acting, I always have lasting regrets. It always feels like I wasn’t able to do something more and I feel uncomfortable. I can’t be satisfied.”

He continued, “Even though I feel relieved in the moment, as time goes by, I see what I’m lacking, one by one. They say there are some actors who don’t monitor [their work], but I wasn’t born like that with regards to that aspect. I always monitor on set and the final result. It’s hard. It’s uncomfortable and feels like confrontation? Before I even press play, I’m already wrapped in feelings of embarrassment and nerves. Even if there are moments where I say ‘Ahhh stop!’ because I’m shy and press the space button [to pause], I always watch. Rather than analyze my acting in detail, I try to look at the overall feel. ‘Was my acting weird?'”

Spoiler

Jinyoung-7-667x900.jpeg

GOT7’s Jinyoung’s full interview and pictorial will be available in the July issue of GQ Korea. Jinyoung is currently starring in “Yumi’s Cells 2” which airs its next two episodes on July 1 at 4 p.m. KST.

GOT7’s Jinyoung Describes His Similarities To His “Yumi’s Cells 2” Character, How Peaceful He Feels With His Members, And More | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

5 Lessons In Dating According To Episodes 5-6 Of “Yumi’s Cells 2”

The romance in “Yumi’s Cells 2” has continued to skyrocket in recent episodes. The relationship between Babi and Yumi is one of the sweetest in K-dramaland, and maybe it’s because it’s summer, but with the rise in temperatures and these steamy kiss scenes, it’s definitely getting hot in here. The way in which Babi adores Yumi has been so healing to watch considering how hurt she was as a result of her breakup with Woong. And with Woong having entered into the picture at the end of last week’s episodes, the emotions and intensity are high, and there is a lot to learn. Here are five lessons in dating according to episodes 5 and 6 of “Yumi’s Cells 2.”

Warning: Spoilers ahead!

1. Pride will often push your significant other away

In the last episode, Yumi decides to sell a brand new rice cooker that she had won from a competition a while back. She sells it in order to buy Babi a little Christmas gift. It just so happens that the person who messages her to buy the rice cooker is her ex-boyfriend Woong (Ahn Bo Hyun). The two end up meeting up and are obviously shocked to see each other. It is at this moment that Woong realizes that because of his pride, he lost Yumi, and he begins to greatly regret it. He decides to no longer let pride get in the way of love.

Screen-Shot-2022-06-25-at-10.05.27-PM-80

This part of the episodes was heart-wrenching. Although many have jumped ship and are now team Babi, seeing Woong so heartbroken and regretful about having given up Yumi (as a result of not wanting to tell her that his business went under) is something anyone could sympathize with. Regardless, his heart is paying for this big mistake, and he realizes that he cannot get Yumi back. Woong has learned to accept this regret and will hopefully no longer let pride get in the way of his decision-making in the future.

2. Be trusting

While Yumi and Babi are preparing dinner at Babi’s house on their Christmas Eve date, she gets a text message. Yumi asks Babi to check her phone because she is busy making pizza. He tells her that it’s from someone named Patdol, to which Yumi freezes in shock. Woong had messaged Yumi on the app where they connected about the rice cooker. Woong is seemingly very distraught and desperate; he asks her to meet him. Babi sees the message and gets a hunch that it is from Woong.

yumis-cells-2-4-800x440.png

Spoiler

yuims-cells-2--800x431.png

Babi is torn about whether or not he should mention to Yumi what the text message is about. You can even see his cells fighting to not get angry about the whole situation. But instead of confronting her or asking her to not go and meet him, Babi simply tells her to go and come back. He trusts her completely, which is a very healthy response. He loves her and understands that it is the only thing he can do right now as a supportive boyfriend. The trust is real, and it is the only answer in this situation.

Spoiler

jinyoung-yumis-cells-2-800x435.png

3. Trust will strengthen your relationship

When Babi tells Yumi to go and meet Woong, Yumi takes it upon herself to make sure to set boundaries. She goes to see Woong and tells him that they should not be connecting with each other and that she has a boyfriend already. The pain is evident in Woong’s eyes, but Yumi feels strong and convinced that she is doing the right thing. After turning around and leaving Woong, Yumi shows up again at Babi’s door. Babi is thrilled to see her back so soon, and he brings her inside.

This particular scene was the icing on top of the cake in this past week’s episodes. It’s not often that you see a healthy relationship on television, but here we are. Seeing Babi trust Yumi completely and leaving it up to fate only solidifies their relationship. She returned to him shortly after she met Woong, and it made them both more sure about each other. The two are able to sit down without the weight of the world on their shoulders and eat their Christmas Eve dinner. You could see the emotions and confidence going through Babi as he even shares his door passcode with Yumi. Their relationship is able to rise to the next level as a result of their trust in each other, and it’s so healing to see.

Viki on Instagram: “Watch #YumisCells2, only on #Viki!  #유미의세포들2 #유미의세포들#YumisCells #kdrama #kdramas #koreandrama #koreandramas #Jinyoung #KimGoEun #진영 #김고은…”

4. Be confident and be yourself in front of your partner’s parents

Babi decides to come over to Yumi’s house for dinner. While the two are making out on the couch, Yumi’s doorbell rings, and she hears her dad’s voice. He has unexpectedly decided to drop by with her mom. Babi and Yumi are caught off guard, but they are able to greet her parents warmly. Yumi’s father is a bit apprehensive about being nice to Babi and is rather abrasive to him, but Babi holds his own and is able to answer all of the hard questions from him. And by the end of the night, Babi wins him over.

It was a tiny bit disheartening seeing how hard Yumi’s dad was on Babi, but it’s also totally understandable. How can anyone be so tough on such a sweet and caring guy like Babi?! But in very Babi fashion, he was able to charm his way into her parents’ hearts, and they were total fans of him by the end of the night. The important fact here is that Babi was completely himself, and it was the best possible thing he could have done because it would have only been a matter of time before the parents accepted him! Being yourself and being confident in who you are is sometimes the best way to win over the affections of your partner’s parents. Noted!

Spoiler

yumis-cells-2-jinyoung-800x432.png

5. If your partner doesn’t lick the yogurt lid, they are an heir(ess)

When Yumi’s mom and dad leave her place, she gets a call from her very delighted and excited mom. She has a hunch that Babi is from a well-off family based on his mannerisms and charm. She convinces Yumi to look into it some more. This conversation starts to linger in Yumi’s head, so she decides on a very simple test: the yogurt test. If Babi throws away the cover of the yogurt lid without licking it, he is an heir. With this theory in mind, Yumi offers Babi some yogurt, and he peels off the cover and just throws it away.

Spoiler

yumis-cells-2-3-800x436.png

yumis-cells-1-800x442.png

Yumi discovers that Babi is not really an heir, but his family does own a tteokbokki restaurant. She is ecstatic about this because not only does she love tteokbokki, but she doesn’t have to feel burdened by the fact that he might be a chaebol. The two are able to continually date comfortably, and as a viewer it makes me happy that she has such a perfect boyfriend! One lesson we can also take away is that if your wealthy boyfriend’s parents offer you wads of cash in order to break up with their son, you should not look into the envelope to see how much is in there; just simply decline. Yumi’s cells reenacting this particular scene was too cute to handle!

5 Lessons In Dating According To Episodes 5-6 Of “Yumi’s Cells 2” | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Yumi’s Cells 2” Shares New Photos Of GOT7’s Jinyoung And Kim Go Eun’s Romantic Chemistry

Yumi’s Cells 2” has unveiled a new glimpse of the chemistry between its two leads!

Spoilers

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Yumi’s Cells” tells the story of an ordinary office worker named Yumi—from the point of view of the many brain cells in her head controlling her every thought, feeling, and action. Kim Go Eun plays the titular role of Yumi, an ordinary woman who struggles with expressing her feelings, while GOT7’s Jinyoung stars as her charming co-worker-turned-boyfriend Yoo Babi.

On June 29, the drama shared new unreleased stills of Kim Go Eun and Jinyoung filming some of the Yumi-Babi couple’s most romantic scenes. From Yumi’s confession to their first kiss, from the couple awkwardly making plans for Christmas to a relaxed, blissful secret date, the new photos capture some of the most memorable moments in their romance.

Kim-Go-Eun-Jinyoung2-800x533.jpeg

Jinyoung-Kim-Go-Eun-800x533.jpeg

Spoiler

Jinyoung-Kim-Go-Eun-2-800x533.jpeg

Kim-Go-Eun-Jinyoung-2-800x533.jpeg

Both stars have been earning rave reviews for their acting: Kim Go Eun’s detailed, relatable portrayal of Yumi shone especially bright when she struggled with her ex-boyfriend Goo Woong (Ahn Bo Hyun)’s reappearance in recent episodes. Meanwhile, Jinyoung has been stealing viewers’ hearts as he flawlessly pulls off the role of “the dream boyfriend.”

The producers of “Yumi’s Cells 2” also teased big changes to come in Yumi and Babi’s relationship in this week’s episodes of the show. To find out whether the couple will survive the new obstacles that come their way, tune in to the next two episodes on July 1 at 4 p.m. KST!

“Yumi’s Cells 2” Shares New Photos Of GOT7’s Jinyoung And Kim Go Eun’s Romantic Chemistry | Soompi

• Like 1

giphy.gif

Have you booked your next trip yet?

If not, why not have a look at all these beautiful locations that have previously starred in kdramas? Come check it out - what do you want to see, or eat? 

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Kim Go Eun And GOT7’s Jinyoung Are Perfectly In Sync While Filming Kiss Scenes, Greeting New Cast Members, And More For “Yumi’s Cells 2”

“Yumi’s Cells 2” has dropped a look from filming of Episodes 7 and 8!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Yumi’s Cells” tells the story of an ordinary office worker named Yumi – from the point of view of the many brain cells in her head controlling her every thought, feeling, and action. Kim Go Eun plays the titular role of Yumi, an ordinary woman who struggles with expressing her feelings, while GOT7’s Jinyoung stars as her charming co-worker-turned-boyfriend Yoo Babi.

The new making video starts with the two leads kicking off filming on Jeju Island. At night, Kim Go Eun and Jinyoung film an adorable scene by the water where they play with sand and engage in deep discussions with their director. During the scene, Yoo Babi gifts Yumi a couple ring for their one year anniversary and the two romantically end off their late-night walk with fireworks and lots of kisses.

The couple is then joined by Shin Ye Eun, Jinyoung’s former “He is Psychometric” co-star. She portrays Da Eun, a cute, young, and friendly intern working with Yoo Babi. Since her character’s charm is that she’s constantly smiling and giggling, Jinyoung tells her before filming, “It must be really hard for you [to keep laughing]. Stay strong, Shin Ye Eun!”

After filming, Shin Ye Eun introduces herself and shares, “Da Eun falls in love very quickly. Since she’s so kind and innocent, she appears as someone who may cause misunderstandings.”

Feeling threatened by Da Eun, Yumi takes the next opportunity to ask Babi when he started developing feelings for her. Ahead of filming, Jinyoung explains to the director, “Since she’s so serious, I’m thinking about it really seriously too, but [it’s like Babi] seriously can’t remember.” The director responds, “You have to really show that you’re trying to remember.”

When Jinyoung expresses his understanding of the situation, Kim Go Eun jokingly adds, “That is the point. Do you know now? How women feel?”

Later, new cast members join the set including Jeon Suk Ho, who plays Yumi’s publisher and former college classmate who had a one-sided crush on her. Kim Go Eun also gets to meet Shim Gyu Hyuk, the voice actor for Yumi’s reason cell who plays the owner of the bookstore where Yumi works, and Park Ji Yoon, who voices many different cells including Yumi’s emotion cell, and plays Yumi’s writing professor.

Watch the full making video below!

[유미의 세포들 시즌2] 제주도에 꿀 흘리고 온 윰밥 새로운 얼굴들도 대거 등장!? | 7-8화 비하인드 - YouTube

Check out the next two episodes of “Yumi’s Cells 2” on July 8 at 4 p.m. KST!

Watch: Kim Go Eun And GOT7’s Jinyoung Are Perfectly In Sync While Filming Kiss Scenes, Greeting New Cast Members, And More For “Yumi’s Cells 2” | Soompi

• Like 1

Yumi cells s2 isnt accurate to webtoon,they mixed things

Spoiler

Just found thread on twitter,dunno the pd and writer gonna lead this drama to season 3 because if you fan of the webtoon they mixed some soon rook (yumi future boyfriend and husband) scenes into babi scenes. some the scenes actually in the webtoon are event  for soonrok and yumi but in the drama it occurs by babi and yumi (like yumi get confession,yumi and babi in bathroom,yumi falling into stairs,yumi sleeping over with babi,the ties ect) its all yumi scenes with seonrok.

its kinda felt the production gonna rush the ending. i mean dont get me wrong,many viewers loved babi and yumi ,they seems are for each other,but theres no sparks on them. babi perfects vibes just dont click to yumi. i mean why the cells of babi erased the answer about when did you like yumi at first time. And of course the perfect vibes its gonna crack because he has feeling for da eun. well yumi and babi gonna separated and back together again, but the sparks its gone ,yumi busy with her novels and sees babi like the first time they meets. they gonna break up again and suddenly babi married with da eun ,yeah thats cheating for me.

as for seonrok he is the perfect guy for yumi. he is younger and the differrence from her past boyfriends is yumi liked and confess to soonrok first. after the break up yumi prime cells is writer cells while love cells became normal cells like other cells. but when she sees soonrok the love cells suddenly have power and compete to become prime cells again. soonrok is tall guy also considerate guy,he know the boundaries and caring.

well theres no confirmation about season 3,also cast for soonrok. Kim go eun are busy filming her new movies and drama.

if you fan of webtoon,soon rok is the best guy for yumi,if they gonna change into babi seems thats kinda weird to do so.

yumi is very happy with soon rok 

FW6U3cHUEAE8z0v?format=jpg&name=large

FW6bGcYUsAAJxXa?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

Yumi cells s2 isnt accurate to webtoon,they mixed things

I totally agree with you. As a webtoon fan, I'm not quite happy with the direction this drama adaptation is going (putting in spoilers tab for those who wish to stay away from spoilers from both webtoon and drama)

Spoiler

I have a feeling they will make Babi the end game in the drama because of how Babi gets all Soonrok scene. 
Babi's breakup is necessary for Yumi's breakthrough in her writing career, I'm guessing they will make that happen, and Yumi's writer cell get to become the prime cell. THEN, Babi & Yumi reconciliation will happen and both Babi and Yumi will make change to further nuturing their relationship instead of getting Yumi the new guy (aka Soonrok in the webtoon).

I will keep an open mind to see how they execute this. So far they haven't flesh out Babi's cells as much as they do with Woong in the drama. 

I remember there was quite a few webtoon readers disappointed how Babi and Yumi didnt end up together (when the webtoon was still on going) given that Babi was the start of Yumi's self realisation. And the writer did try to get them together, but eventually as the flow of story goes, it makes sense that Soonrook came to Yumi's life, and it's Yumi whos now actively pursuing Soonrok and not waiting around to be swayed like with the other 2. 

(The scene in the drama where Yumi running to confess to Babi was supposed to be a scene of how Soonrok realised his feeling and envision how it feels if he miss the chance). 

Argh, I was hoping they would go with Soonrok in the drama, but I doubt it. They will keep Woong and Babi as love rivals for Yumi. The kind of love triangle that kdrama prefer so much.... 

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I saw people talking about the drama vs the webtoon and how Babi is getting all of Soonrok's scene in the drama. I don't think we've had an announcement about season 3 yet so I also won't be surprised if Babi is the endgame with the drama too. I should say that I did not read the webtoon but I do know what happens in the webtoon and who Yumi ends up with. However, I'm okay with where the drama is going with Babi and Yumi since I haven't read the webtoon at all. I don't mind if Yumi and Babi are the endgame but if that's the case, I hope. the two of them will clear up any misunderstanding and the feelings that Babi might POSSIBLY HAVE for Da Eun??

That being said, Da Eun is in the drama now and that makes me VERY WORRISOME about Babi and Yumi's relationship, because I do know what happens in the webtoon... Also omg I didn't even recognize that Da Eun is Shin Ye Eun LOL! She looks so different from He Is Psychometric. omg, but I'm happy to see the reunion between Jinyoung and Shin Ye Eun :D 

I haven't watched the latest two episodes because I don't want to go through the wait to see what happens with Babi and possibly his feelings for Da Eun. LOL, so I'm going to wait a couple weeks to binge watch it xD

• Love 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Go Eun Becomes Acquainted With The Eccentric Illustrator P.O In “Yumi’s Cells 2”

“Yumi’s Cells 2” shared new stills of Kim Go Eun and Block B’s P.O!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Yumi’s Cells” tells the story of an ordinary office worker named Yumi—from the point of view of the many brain cells in her head controlling her every thought, feeling, and action. Kim Go Eun plays the titular role of Yumi, an ordinary woman who struggles with expressing her feelings, while Jinyoung stars as her charming co-worker Yoo Babi.

Spoilers

The newly released stills capture Yumi officially beginning her work as a writer. Previously, Yumi met the strangely prickly but warmhearted editor-in-chief Ahn Dae Yong (Jeon Suk Ho) for the first time. In the upcoming episode, Yumi will be getting to know illustrator Control Z (P.O).

In the photos, Yumi looks somewhat flustered at the appearance of the unique illustrator. Another still shows them smiling while looking at each other, but an interesting spark flies between the two. Viewers are curious to find out if Yumi will be able to successfully work together with the eccentric Control Z.

Kim-Go-Eun-PO-2.jpeg

Kim-Go-Eun-PO-800x531.jpeg

Furthermore, another still previews Yumi’s shocked expression as she discovers a book on display at a bookstore, making viewers wonder if she will find success as a writer.

Spoiler

Kim-Go-Eun-Yumis-Cells-800x530.jpeg

In the next episodes of “Yumi’s Cells 2,” Yumi and Yoo Babi’s relationship will face a crisis. The preview of the upcoming episode revealed Yumi learning of Yoo Babi’s move and Yoo Da Eun (Shin Ye Eun) asking if the reason is because of her. The upcoming episodes will portray what will happen to Yumi and Yoo Babi’s romance as well as Yumi’s new life as a writer.

The next two episodes of “Yumi’s Cells 2” air on July 8 at 4 p.m. KST.

Kim Go Eun Becomes Acquainted With The Eccentric Illustrator P.O In “Yumi’s Cells 2” | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

5 Times Our Hearts Broke In Episodes 7-8 Of “Yumi’s Cells 2”

In episodes 5 and 6, Babi and Yumi’s relationship was taken to the next level, and they were more in love than ever. It almost seemed too good to be true that everything was so blissfully perfect, but it appears as though episodes 7 and 8 have set the tone for some drastic changes in their relationship, which left things a bit confusing and upsetting. Here are five times our hearts broke in the newest episodes of “Yumi’s Cells 2.”

Warning: spoilers for episodes 7-8 ahead!

1. Babi moves away for work

In the beginning of episode 7, Yumi continues to work hard at trying to become a published author. She has yet again failed to win the competition that she entered for her writing. Although she is upbeat and positive even after failing a couple times, Yumi finds herself feeling down after having failed quite a bit more. If it wasn’t bad enough that she was struggling to make her place in the world as an author, we also find out that Babi has been promoted at work and has relocated to Jeju Island.

yumis-cells-2-540x300.png

yumis-cells-2--540x307.png

Spoiler

yumis-cells-2-1-540x294.png

As things seemed to have been going really well for Yumi, it was only a matter of time before reality hit. The hard work she is putting into writing and all the sacrifices she has made to become an author are not really paying off, and her self-esteem is drastically dropping. The person that she would be leaning on most for comfort and support is not by her side, which makes it even more painful to see. Yumi is going through a serious slump, and although Babi is trying to be the best boyfriend, there is only so much he can do from a distance. Seeing Yumi going through a long-distance relationship does not seem like the most ideal situation, and it is rather saddening to see her struggle through this by herself.

2. Yumi almost getting her job back

Yumi is really starting to regret her decision about quitting her job and trying to become a writer, especially given the fact that she is struggling to make ends meet. She stresses about money and is wondering how she is going to support herself in the upcoming months. Just as she’s about to consider giving up her dreams of becoming a writer, she gets a call from her old boss. He asks to meet with her and surprisingly asks if she wants to have her job back, and Yumi starts to think this is a great idea.

Spoiler

yumis-cells-22.png

yumis-cells-222.png

But just as Yumi really considers taking up the offer, she gets a call again from her boss, saying to forget coming back to work. He tells her that they have actually hired someone already but he wasn’t told the news yet. Yumi is crushed about this considering she did not have many options in terms of making income.

It’s a heartbreaking moment and one that many could feel through the screen. Getting her job back seemed like it could be an easy way out, but it was sad to see the door to that opportunity just slammed in her face. It seemed as though her luck was really running out and that her dreams were slowly diminishing. At this point, Yumi really can’t catch a break, and the episode is rather disheartening.

3. Yoo Da Eun

Spoiler

shin-ye-eun-800x800.jpeg

And if matters couldn’t get any worse, in this episode, Yumi finds out that the new intern at Babi’s work, who he had been talking about for the past few months, is actually a girl. There are some quick flashbacks in the episode of Babi talking about a particular new intern, but Yumi does not know who Da Eun (Shin Ye Eun) is, let alone the fact that she is a girl. This obviously sends Yumi for a loop as she can’t help but feel a little bit insecure and jealous.

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2022-07-04-at-11.18.16-PM-80

Screen-Shot-2022-07-04-at-11.18.37-PM-80

It’s bad enough that Yumi and Babi are in a long-distance relationship, but it’s even worse that he is so close to this intern – they even live in the same neighborhood! The whole situation is uncomfortable for Yumi as it is almost the exact same way she and Babi had gotten together in the past. They were once colleagues, and he pursued her after she broke up with her boyfriend. Yumi has every right to feel uncomfortable and upset. Unfortunately, this is the first time viewers start to not only dislike Da Eun but also Babi. Although Da Eun’s emotions can’t be helped, it is heartbreaking to see Babi getting closer to her even though he has a girlfriend. Our poor Yumi!

4. Ahn Dae Yong’s love

Spoiler

yumis-cells-2-2-800x432.png

On the bright side, Ahn Dae Yong (Jeon Suk Ho) enters into the picture as the editor-in-chief who has agreed to publish Yumi’s book. Although Yumi had failed to win all of the writing competitions that she put her book through, Ahn Dae Yong takes a strong interest in her work and wants to meet her personally. When the two meet, he realizes that she is the girl he fell in love with back in university. His love cell comes out in full force, recognizing that it is the work of destiny that has brought them together again.

Spoiler

ahn-dae-yong-yumis-cells-800x442.png

But after Dae Yong finds out that Yumi has a boyfriend, his heart is crushed. It is adorable seeing how innocent and pure Dae Yong’s heart is, as he is completely set on loving Yumi and wanting to be with her. It can come across as being a bit creepy or obsessive, but it was entertaining to see his cells try and figure out the best possible way to be with Yumi. It provided the somewhat comic relief in the midst of a rocky storm to come, one that many of us do not want to anticipate.

Spoiler

yumis-cells-2-ahn-dae-yong1-800x443.png

5. Babi developing feelings for Da Eun

As Babi gets closer to Da Eun, she indirectly tells Babi that she likes him. While the two are waiting for the bus to arrive, she tells him that she likes someone but that the person has a girlfriend. She asks if she should confess her feelings. Babi responds that she should keep her feelings to herself. He is quick to catch on that she is referring to him in this situation, and this is the moment when conflicts arise.

Spoiler

shin-ye-eun-yumis-cells-2-800x452.png

Probably the most heartbreaking part of the series so far is seeing Babi’s wavering feelings for Da Eun. It seems at first that he is not interested at all, but after Da Eun indirectly confesses her feelings to him, his heart starts to waver. And when Da Eun quits her job, Babi really starts to have feelings for her. He does not seem to like the fact that he will no longer be able to see her every day. It’s an earth-shattering moment, especially for us Babi fans, as we were so sure that he was the perfect boyfriend. There is still hope that Babi and Yumi can work it out, but it is still upsetting to anticipate how Yumi will feel about this.

Spoiler

yumis-cells-21-800x434.png

yumis-cells-2-3-800x438.png

5 Times Our Hearts Broke In Episodes 7-8 Of “Yumi’s Cells 2” | Soompi

• Blob 1

EP 9-10 

Dont even want to talk about Babi, Emotional cheating is cheating that is it. <JY acting superb though>

Woong is back as hot shot CEO and still dumb balbbering idiot in front of Yumi, why did thr writers bring him back if you want to break Woomi hearts again :crybaby:

There is no S3 announcement nor Sonrook in the show, only 4 episodes are left what are the makers thinking. Babi is not fleshed out his cells have more time in the opening sequence than in the show itself. Also Dude Babi legit makes me angry

but Woong and Yumi deliberate fated meet is giving me anxiety Please get them back together if not keep it an open ending where Yumi just focusses on her career , haishh...anxiety 101 ...Woong woong dumb Woong...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I totally agree.  I hope the writers didn't bring Woong back just to push Yumi back into Babi's arms.  That would be too cruel to any Woomi lover.  To this day I cannot rewatch season 1 because of the ending.  I only watched season 2 after reading some reviews and only since Woong made an appearance.  

It was great to see Woong doing well but his love cell was a wreck...lol.  Unlike Babi who couldn't keep boundaries, Woong automatically made up his mind to not see or contact Yumi knowing she has a boyfriend.  He anonymously bought all her books to give her sales a boost.  He has kept her image in his heart deeply shut away and protected.

That's what you call unconditional love.  Its been 2 years since their breakup and for what we know he hasn't had another relationship and Sae Yi has even moved on with a boyfriend.  I hope the writers do us Woomi lovers justice and slowly bring them back together after really talking about the mistakes that were made the 1st time around.  I want them to communicate better and more often.  I want them to support one another and continue on their trajectory to success in work and their relationship.

I loved this series.....so please writer don't disappoint me again.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mcdc said:

I totally agree.  I hope the writers didn't bring Woong back just to push Yumi back into Babi's arms.  That would be too cruel to any Woomi lover.  To this day I cannot rewatch season 1 because of the ending.  I only watched season 2 after reading some reviews and only since Woong made an appearance.  

It was great to see Woong doing well but his love cell was a wreck...lol.  Unlike Babi who couldn't keep boundaries, Woong automatically made up his mind to not see or contact Yumi knowing she has a boyfriend.  He anonymously bought all her books to give her sales a boost.  He has kept her image in his heart deeply shut away and protected.

That's what you call unconditional love.  Its been 2 years since their breakup and for what we know he hasn't had another relationship and Sae Yi has even moved on with a boyfriend.  I hope the writers do us Woomi lovers justice and slowly bring them back together after really talking about the mistakes that were made the 1st time around.  I want them to communicate better and more often.  I want them to support one another and continue on their trajectory to success in work and their relationship.

I loved this series.....so please writer don't disappoint me again.

Amen to whatever you said, I too hope to the twisted happy ending is Woomi...

:bashful:

"Yumi Cells 2": Da Eun, Control Z and An, 3 new and key characters in the last segment

These characters appear in the life of Yumi, the main character played by Kim Go Eun, for an important reason.  Who are Da Eun, Control Z and Ahn?

H7ZSAZZ7JVF3TJK5S2BRHGIDKQ.jpg

Dana Ruiz
July 05, 2022

Beware, spoilers.  The second season of Yumi Cells comes to an end, leaving Team Babi fans disappointed.  After falling in love with protagonist Kim Go Eun, the gallant young man played by GOT7's Jinyoung felt a thrill in his heart, not only because of his girlfriend, but because of a new girlfriend.  This is Da Eun.

But who is this giggling girl who caused such a reaction in Yoo Ba Bi's "village"?  How will this affect the life of an ex-office worker?

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, this K-drama features this and two other new characters in the final part.  They will play a fundamental role in the development of the protagonist, and here we present who they are.

Da Eun

As a reminder, we remember that Babi and Yumi began a long-distance relationship due to his move to Daehan's branch office in Jeju.  It is here that he meets Yoo Da Eun, a trainee who joins his team.

Played by Shin Ye Eun, Jinyoung's co-star in He's Psychometric, she's quite determined but constantly makes mistakes.  Despite this, he loves himself in his circle for his joy and light.  Also, she is quite infatuated and begins to love Babi, which increases expectations due to the development of a love triangle.

Z-control

Control Z, controlled by PO from Block B, is a one of a kind illustrator.  This is a bright figure who can anger many with his always smiling face;  however, he is so friendly that he charms those who know him.  In addition, he will become Yumi's best friend and ally, as well as the boyfriend of a girl who is quite close to the main character, according to the webtoon.

Ahn Dae-young

Finally, we have Ahn Dae Young.  Played by Jung Suk-ho, he is the editor-in-chief of Julie's Literature History, the company that contacted Yumi to publish her work.

Although he may appear cold, he is a noble person who believes in fate when it comes to love.  In addition, he adds a big dose of fun with his cells, which are far from the ones that have been presented so far, and because of the behavior he will have with the new writer.

As an important fact, if a k-drama goes down the webtoon thread, he will be the one to help Yumi in the literary field in her endeavors and then give the post to Sungruk.

Translation from spanish google

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/doramas/2022/07/05/yumis-cells-2-da-eun-control-z-y-ahn-tres-personajes-nuevos-y-claves-en-la-recta-final/

• Thanks 1