larus

12 hours ago, larus said:

That`s good. I found Sol A annoying and I don`t know if it is the character or the portrayal of this young actress. Or both. :D But I can see that she can grow as a character and that`s important. I liked her when she realised that prosecutor Yang Jong Hoon confronted his boss in front of her.

@larus  Same with you. Also the way she's like "duh".  It's law school, at least she should have knowledege. I mean she does, but I think she got in the class -maybe YJH took pity or was impressed with her reason why she wants to be part of his class. But but I find her cute. I don't know the actress either First time watching her.

I was curious what she wrote on the exam`s paper when she changed her answer.

And also curious what HJW wrote that made him tear up.

Kim Myung Min is mesmerizing once again. I love watching him on screen.

True. His voice is deep. The reason why I watch his previous drama MTWM but had to drop because.. I can't with the body switch theme.

Lee Man-Ho will give a lot of headache to the good guys. Not only he is a dangerous and crazy man but now he knows the law as well. He is involved in the case.

You thnk the character's gonna be in for more episode. I'll be honest, I don't like to see uch character.  I want to see the civil law  professir Kim Eun Sook, put him in jail for the second time in row and this tie, life sentence.

11 hours ago, larus said:

Yang Jong-Hoon is more inteligent  than the others but why he wanted to be arrested?

Maybe doing a theory. He's got one already or trying to observe.  Or perhaps he already has an idea and was doing  a "show" just like what he and the lady Dean Jung Hui did - put up that "show w/c result in school dropping the case for HJW.

He doesn`t trust the law system anymore/ his former colleagues?  

Which would also be how HJW feels about his uncle SBJ.

EzDy6BNVIAg5KQv?format=jpg&name=small

all twt/sc ctto via twtter

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

This drama is really...not my cup of tea. Been to law school and I can say this drama exagerrates too much. No such thing as law lecturers will share details of an ongoing case. The real pain the butt of law school starts with a long 3 hours of lecture of equity and trust subject w a dry lecturer. That one, is the real torture. 

I was expecting a little bit drama but come on. Htgawm has viola davis carrying the whole show even though it’s ridiculous. This one is just plain dry for me. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Having watched the two episodes, I also felt like I had slightly higher expectations as mentioned by @larus too. But then again, I am liking the drama and will hope it will get better as Kim Myung Min usually chooses great scripts. Although kinda annoying and nosy, I am liking the FL here, she seems to have potential in her character and room for big development as plot continues. She is different from others in terms of being sharp in studies, and also in terms of her reason behind pursuing this course. She is doing it for a more personal reason than a personal interest, which shows that she ends up requiring a bit more efforts in studying since the subjects are not necessarily the ones which she is interested in. But I believe that Yang Jong Hoon expects the most from her, and let's see how much she will grow as a student and as a person in the drama. 

The Police on the other hand were kinda impulsive, or maybe not so smart. They played right into the tricks Yang Jong Hoon wanted them to do. Plus they seriously just wanted to arrest someone, and they were just did it without thinking much. Of course I do know that they ended up doing it since YJH was supposedly going to flee the country, but then again, it was quite funny how they thought they had him and had the upper hand throughout the investigation and in the end, ended up being made a fool that way. YJH was quite smart in leading them that way too, suggesting them to check out the footprints of the people who entered the room. 

Would be interesting to see who killed the guy or did he just end up killing himself? For now, with YJH kinda out of the suspect list, the ones whose footprints were also marked are back on the suspect list now. I want to see how long LMH will continue to mess up with the characters and the poor kid before being arrested again.  I really hope we don't see much of him here. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Would be interesting to see who killed the guy or did he just end up killing himself?

I don`t think he killed himself.

Of couse there were so many people around the crime scene and we`ll have several suspects. We`ll find out that many people had motive to kill him or to be upset with him.

I wonder why Seo Byung-Ju had the headache earlier his poisoning. It was a consequence of drug use/abuse? 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Just caught up with first 2 episodes- the first ep was a bit meh but the second ep is much better. Honestly came here for Kim Bum and staying for him and the FL. She was a bit annoying in the first ep but quickly makes up for it in the second ep. I love the past she shares with YJH and the present friendship with the HJW. I reallllllyyy hope there is a love line between Sol A and HJW- they have good chemistry. Does anybody know if there is a romantic element to the series?

Agree though that the editing can be made better because it is a bit confusing right now with all the flashbacks.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, rita96 said:

I reallllllyyy hope there is a love line between Sol A and HJW- they have good chemistry. Does anybody know if there is a romantic element to the series?

I REALLY wish there would be romance between them too! I find them so cute together, such a great chemistry.

But considering the genre and the whole mysterious vibe of the drama, I think it's difficult to happen.

HOWEVER, I saw something that got me intrigued. JTBC official instagram posted this: 

"Jebti =Jtbc will misunderstand (¬‿¬)"

Considering the scene + caption, it seemed to me that JTBC is... idk... shipping... them?? I might be crazy but I got this impression lol

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Accidentally got to know about it and have watched the first two episodes.  It is Interesting for those who like this type of drama. So far so good but got to be aware of the backstory of the characters in between the present time.   

Credit to jtbc

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Law School: Episodes 1-2 Open Thread

by Laica

LawSchool0102-00018.jpg

An on-campus death at the top law school in the country puts our protagonists at the center of a high-profile murder case, when they’re just settling in at the university. Suspicion abounds, relationships are more tangled than they initially seem, and the truth is hard to puzzle out. Who knew that law school would be actual murder?

EPISODES 1-2 WEECAP

I know the murder was in the promos, but for some reason I expected there to be more emphasis on the school part of Law School. I don’t mind that the drama drops us into the action immediately though, with a mock trial that becomes the murder scene of law professor SEO BYUNG-JU (Ahn Nae-sang)—who turns out to be the linchpin in the wheel of connections between our central characters. Immediately, everyone in the classroom is a possible suspect, although it’s Seo’s friend-turned-nemesis Professor YANG JONG-HOON (Kim Myung-min) who’s arrested for his murder.

Jong-hoon, nicknamed “Yangcrates” for his aggressive use of the Socratic method in his class, is the kind of righteous hardass that Kim plays so well. Is the smart, ruthless teacher who’s secretly soft for his students a well-worn cliche? Yes. Am I bothered? Absolutely not, because in the hands of an acting master like this, I know Yangcrates will be very satisfying to watch.

HAN JOON-HEE (Kim Bum), the school’s star student and Seo’s estranged nephew, seems closer to KANG SOL A (Ryu Hye-young) than to their other classmates, though he keeps a slight distance from everyone. Joon-hee wants to become the righteous prosecutor his uncle failed to be, whereas Kang Sol A is on a mission to “get an apology from the law” that mistreated her.

They’re the most compelling of the band of first year law students we’re getting to know—especially since, by the end of Episode 2, Jong-hoon has exonerated himself and pointed the suspicion towards Joon-hee instead. (A misdirect, I’m sure, but the drama doles out reveals deftly enough that it keeps the tension up.) I like the unlikely mix of ages, backgrounds and academic standings of our main crew, who all got into Joon-hee’s coveted study group by signing his petition against Seo Byung-ju a few months ago.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/04/law-school-episodes-1-2-open-thread/

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Wow. Episodes 3 and 4 have unfolded so well. The characters are slowly beginning to make sense even though the murder motive still remains a mystery.  Some spoilers below so caution:

I have a feeling that Jeon Ye-Seul will turn out to be married to Assemblyman Ko's son who couldn't get into Hankuk. That would explain the tension between her and her husband and maybe possible abuse? That I am not sure but certainly the bandana guy (Min Bok-ki) has a huge crush on her. How cute was the hair flipping scene!

Kang Sol B- you feel for her this episode. Abusive mom. Pressure for grades. I believe that her jealousy towards Kang Sol A is only going to increase esp since A is turning out to be better academically and cause she gets so much attention from Joon-Hwi. If Joon Hwi ends up liking Kang Sol A then the jealousy can take a really dramatic turn.

As for Seo Ji Ho- it seems his dad died due to Byung- ju but still not clear about his motives. He and Seung-jae (ex doctor) remain most mysterious among the student group. With the ex-doc, I think the car crash victim was probably related to him, which would also explain his anger towards Lee Man Ho.

Joon Hwi--- thank god you are the good guy.. Kim Bum is sooooo handsome. Pls pls be a couple with Kang Sol A. (haha yes I'll just include this in every post to manifest). Their chemistry is no joke. Moreover Sol A has proven to be an equal match to JH's intellingence this episode. She was on fire today!!!! God I hope nothing happens to her little sis--- also need more info on her twin asap. Seems the twin has abandoned her fam or something? Don't know yet. Certainly the biggest hero is Yangcrates!! Love how he is there for both Sol A and JH. He is so sharp and neat. He seems like a really good professor to learn from.

For some odd reason I find Kim Eun Suk very suspicious and involved in Byung-ju's death. Maybe she blames him for her miscarriage cause it's because of him that Lee Man Ho was released early and so on.

Anyways-- all I hope is that they don't ruin the mystery by unnecessary twists and turns- keep it smart but simple plss. And pls give us a lead couple in JH and Sol A!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, rita96 said:

Kang Sol B- you feel for her this episode. Abusive mom. Pressure for grades. I believe that her jealousy towards Kang Sol A is only going to increase esp since A is turning out to be better academically and cause she gets so much attention from Joon-Hwi. If Joon Hwi ends up liking Kang Sol A then the jealousy can take a really drama

Joon Hwi--- thank god you are the good guy.. Kim Bum is sooooo handsome. Pls pls be a couple with Kang Sol A. 

he didn't even listen to his uncle, I understand that he was disappointed, but with this kind of character, there is truth and lies, for them everything is white or black

i'm not surprised that Kang sol B is attracted to him, it seems to me that the flashback, he had a pretty disturbing behavior with her, why he behaved like this, for have fun? you surprise me that she finds him attractive. for Kang sol A, she deserves much better than a guy like this

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, rita96 said:

Kim Bum is sooooo handsome. Pls pls be a couple with Kang Sol A. (haha yes I'll just include this in every post to manifest). Their chemistry is no joke. Moreover Sol A has proven to be an equal match to JH's intellingence this episode. She was on fire today!!!! God I hope nothing happens to her little sis

I couldn't agree more with everything you said here.

I got SO HAPPY for Sol A!! The scene where she was explaining her answer to the whole class along with Mr. Yang I literally sreamed of happiness watching it, I was like: YEEEEAH, THAT'S MY GIRL !!! lol

Honestly I didn't feel much sorry for Sol B because I find her too snobbish and arrogant. I'd have felt it if she was more humble.

As a Kim Bum stan, I'm relieved with Joon Hwi innocence lol. As you said, he has such a great chemistry with Sol A. I always look forward to their scenes together. 

Now there's something that I found it wierd. There's a scene with Sol A and Joon Hwi together in the preview of episode 3 that didn't air. They were eating together in the study room, Sol A gets a call and she runs off quickly while Joon Hwi watch it surprised. I think it's something related to her sister. I hope we get to see this scene next week.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, paolaadl said:

I couldn't agree more with everything you said here.

I got SO HAPPY for Sol A!! The scene where she was explaining her answer to the whole class along with Mr. Yang I literally sreamed of happiness watching it, I was like: YEEEEAH, THAT'S MY GIRL !!! lol

Honestly I didn't feel much sorry for Sol B because I find her too snobbish and arrogant. I'd have felt it if she was more humble.

As a Kim Bum stan, I'm relieved with Joon Hwi innocence lol. As you said, he has such a great chemistry with Sol A. I always look forward to their scenes together. 

Now there's something that I found it wierd. There's a scene with Sol A and Joon Hwi together in the preview of episode 3 that didn't air. They were eating together in the study room, Sol A gets a call and she runs off quickly while Joon Hwi watch it surprised. I think it's something related to her sister. I hope we get to see this scene next week.

Yeah, I agree I was so happy for Sol A as well. She did great.

I like Sol A and Joon Hwi as well.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Kim Bum Explains Why He Keeps All His Scripts, What Made Him Star In “Law School,” And More

9eb28f314e8b4e2e9e6e4aac6c147407.jpeg?s=

Apr 22, 2021
by S. Cho

Singles magazine has released their photo shoot and interview with Kim Bum!

With his mysterious atmosphere and incredible facial expressions, Kim Bum is said to have impressed the staff on set, making them comment, “He’s even elite when it comes to photo shoots.”

Starting with “Boys Over Flowers” in 2009 up to “Tale of the Nine-Tailed” last year, Kim Bum has worked to continuously broaden his acting spectrum over the years. He surprisingly revealed that he’s kept the scripts of every project he’s ever worked on, explaining, “If I don’t understand a character’s situation or the background they grew up in, I can’t properly immerse into the role. That’s why when I receive a script, I write down my own story on the first page. That became a foundation and I’ve now done that for every project.”

He continued, “It’d be a lie if I said that in-depth action or emotional scenes weren’t hard. Despite that, I didn’t push through the difficulties so much as just being on set gives me strength. I’m still thankful that I got to give and receive positive energy with good people.”

[...]

Kim-Bum-2.jpeg

Kim Bum is now starring in JTBC’s “Law School” where he will play Han Joon Hwi, an elite student. He explained, “You might think that it’s about the difficult and strict topic known as ‘law,’ but it’s more a story about how people live their lives and what possibilities can occur [in law school]. When the director first suggested it, it’s true that I had no confidence in the genre of law.”

He continued, “It’s just set at law school, but there was nothing more difficult about it than other dramas in terms of the issues arising regarding conflict, jealousy, and friendship.” To prepare for the role, Kim Bum revealed that he looked for mock court case classes, re-enacting them with his fellow actors.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1465541wpp/kim-bum-explains-why-he-keeps-all-his-scripts-what-made-him-star-in-law-school-and-more

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, paolaadl said:

Yes I think we'll get that scene next episode. I think the two are going to rush to the police station where she confronts Man ho. Can't wait for next week!!!

13 hours ago, marrez1 said:

he didn't even listen to his uncle, I understand that he was disappointed, but with this kind of character, there is truth and lies, for them everything is white or black

i'm not surprised that Kang sol B is attracted to him, it seems to me that the flashback, he had a pretty disturbing behavior with her, why he behaved like this, for have fun? you surprise me that she finds him attractive. for Kang sol A, she deserves much better than a guy like this

I don't agree. If you think about it, JH seems to have idolised his uncle since he was very young and seems like he grew up relying on him, the uncle on the other hand had his own family (despite being estranged now)- so the betrayal was felt greatly by JH. He suddenly lost both- his professional idol and his only family when his uncle was accussed of taking bribes. Additionaly till now the show hasn't given us any hints that the uncle is innocent- it is clear that there is no misunderstanding, just plain corruption. Both Yangcrates and JH had their trust broken. Morever it JH's idealism/passion when it comes to law/justice that makes him similar to Yangcrates and Kang Sol A. I would argue all three of them see things in black and white. No matter what reasons you had for accepting a bribe it is wrong just like its wrong to hit someone with your car and run away! So I understand his behaviour- atleast given the info we have till now- it's difficult to justify the uncle's actions.

Now that it's clear both Yangrates and JH are not murderers- I guess we will get to see more of our trio (Yang, JH and SolA) working together. Atleast I hope so.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Ep. 3 and 4 are interesting.  I love that there will be some new info every seconds and we are back into predicting who the real killer is.  The only uncomfortable feeling that I have is LMH.  Why is he interested in being nearer to KS A's family? 

I like the OST

Credit to the owner

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Is it just me or is there others who are confused by the back-and-forth timeline?

Wasn't the female lecturer pregnant?

I generally like the acting and the mystery but I'm slightly disappointed by the over-exagerration of Kim Sol A's body language. So typical for the "kind, principled" female heroine.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

https://zapzee.net/2021/04/21/the-three-questions-that-law-school-threw-at-us-from-the-start/

The Three Questions that ‘Law School’ Threw at Us From the Start

by krishkim

DFB3A610-DBE4-423D-B199-B802196EE4FE.jpg

JTBC’s Law School opened the door to campus mystery with its rampant development from the first week of broadcast.

The law school murder case that caused an uproar shows a sharp contrast with students who are in a fierce competition where the sound of breaking is perceived as noise. Like that, the series started its enthralling storytelling. In the meantime, we will cover the three questions that draw attention and raise immersion level.

Lee Man Ho has an alibi. But why is he still suspicious?

7FAC0CB8-525B-4CDB-9776-EA78380098AD.jpg

Lee Man Ho (Jo Jae Ryong) is a child rapist who arose public anger when he was discharged from prison after only serving 11 years. The ankle bracelet was put on him to track his every move and prevent recidivism. But ironically, the bracelet became the perfect alibi that cleared him from Seo Byun Joo’s (Ahn Nae Sang) murder. The record showed him elsewhere at the time of the murder.

In the past, Lee covered up Seo’s hit-and-run accident. And in return, he made a deal to reduce his prison sentence. After he was released from prison, Lee got a job as Seo’s chauffeur. Since the investigation began, Yang Joong Hoon (Kim Myung Min) suspected him as a prime suspect. However, as Lee said, “I thought this shackle was a poison, but sometimes it works as medicine,” he proved his alibi thanks to the ankle bracelet. Yang personally put on the bracelet on his ankle to experience what’s it like and chased Lee’s movements before his arrest. Lee Man Ho has proven his innocence. But he constantly showed suspicious behavior, such as scratching his ankle till he bleeds.

Why did Seo Byung Joo donate his legacy?

80847DBE-691E-4FEF-850F-D018601BEAD0.jpg

Seo was indicted on a bribery charge after receiving “free land” from Congressman Ko Hyung Soo (Jung Won Joong). Seo and Ko used to be close friends when Seo was still a director of the Prosecutors’ Office. Later, he was found not guilty of the case. Since he always said, “For prosecutors, gift equals bribe,” why he accepted the questionable gift remains a question. 

Over time, the value of the land rose to 5.6 billion KRW (about $5,009,910). But Seo donated it to Hankook University Law School. Furthermore, he left some of his estates to his nephew Han Jun Hwi (Kim Bum), who had turned his back on Seo since the bribery case. Later on, Yang found Seo’s glasses nose pads near the teacher’s waiting room where the murder occurred. With that, he pegged Han as the suspect, saying, “It was you?” Attention focuses on the relationship between Seo and Han, who were once the closest uncle and nephew. 

Seo Ji Ho’s mysterious folder

Spoiler

86AC5445-B4C1-4BF3-AB06-DCE8700E1FFB.jpg

Police said they would investigate the professor and six students who left their traces in the waiting room where Seo Byung Joo was murdered. Soon, Yang Jong Hoon and Han Jun Hwi were named prime suspects. However, the third man is still in the picture. Especially, Seo Ji Ho (Lee David), who tiptoed around the case, is suspicious.

From before the murder, Seo Ji Ho had paid keen attention to Seo Byung Hoo and Han Jun Hwi’s tight relationship and even collected photos of them. On the day of Yang’s arrest, however, he avoided the detectives and deleted the folder that he kept all the information in. He kept on a poker face while studying and stayed indifferent to the murder case. But his dubious actions double the mystery that has swept the campus. 

Source (1)

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Well, I think the plot became better in the 3-4th episodes. I loved how both Joon Hwi, and Jong Hoon played with the cops and the prosecutor. I laughed when Jong Hoon decided to sue to the prosecutor too. This dude just does not like being messed with. 

Coming back to the plot, to much craziness has already happened with the whole murder thing. We know who were the ones who went in the room, we also do know what happened between the dead and two of them now. All of the remaining ones are too suspicious too. We've got a lady who gets phone from her fiancé/husband/bf (I am not too sure), but I get the vibes that she is getting the call from someone else. We've got another dude, who seems twisted (Joon Hwi's room partner), then we've got Kang Sol B (going with username "A Not B"), who seems to have plagiarized her thesis and has got a dangerous mom. A Topper dude, who had this Kang Sol B laptop for some reasons, and some more people. We have so many suspected killers, fake autopsy report ordered by the wife of the dead guy and no body since it was cremated this time. 

I am finding this drama interesting so far, until they pull of a big WTH kind of thing, since such stuff quite easily happen in such kind of dramas. 

What I found a bit odd, was the police's approach in this drama. I am not too sure whether the detective has got some personal grudge against Jong Hoon, but he was too hell bent to have been indicted. The first autopsy report was a joke with no pics, that dude still wanted Jong Hoon to be indicted after the family to have requested the second autopsy which this guy wanted to stop somehow. This detective seems too suspicious to me actually. Plus the way he just wants to suspects to confess or give statements is ridiculous. Dude, you are dealing with Law School students and Prof, you can't just treat them like they are a thug who you can boss around. They know the rules better than anyone else. I do understand that for the prosecutor, he got a high profile case, since the victim was a big prosecutor and the culprit too. But then again, he had to pay for what all he did in the process of investigation.

With the autopsy report not really reliable, I wonder how they will identify the killer. We don't even know how the guy died, was it drug overdose or was it from fall or something else. I will look forward to this drama, we've got smart leads so far, even the FL who seemed to be not so smart, was actually smart enough to figure out something to be wrong with the autopsy results. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, dzareth said:

Is it just me or is there others who are confused by the back-and-forth timeline?

Wasn't the female lecturer pregnant?

I did at first during Ep. 1 and 2.  That's why I prepared myself to be aware of the time line during Ep. 3 and 4. Asking myself during every scene  whether it is in the past or present. :D

:lol:

Credit to the owner

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1