[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Dating In The Kitchen 我喜欢你

sugarplum892

35 minutes ago, pawla said:

That's too bad because among the kissing scenes is our favorite rolling kiss from ELOD. 

Wow, you're so well informed. Where did you get all these information?

If I were ZLS I wouldn't want to watch the kissing scene. It's just too awkward. What did LYS reply to ZLS? Anyone can please translate it? 

That's too bad.. don't worry. ELOD's kissed scenes were already attached into my heart and my mind.. every now and then I still replayed DongFeng's sweetness fondness affectionate clips.:dorashakes:

As for DITK info..I relayed it from Twitter and weibo...the fans has retweeted it a lots.

Funnily enough... It's should be LYS who should be worried about those hot scenes..but then turned out it was ZLS the one who worried about her marriage (in the future)..lol.

Yeah.. really need someone to do the translation..

33 minutes ago, crispachu said:

He said: It can't be that bad 

thanks for the translation..:loveu:

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Funnily enough... It's should be LYS who should be worried about those hot scenes..but then turned out it was ZLS the one who worried about her marriage (in the future)..lol.

Well, Lin Yushen's wife is a producer, and a graduate from the directing school of Central Academy of Drama (one of the best filming schools in China) -- it's not unlikely that she might even give tips to LYS the best angles in executing romantic scenes! :D 

@jimmylyne Here you go:

The voice in the background says "Let's see what is really happening in this scene."

Another voices says "3,2,1, begin."

Animated words appear: Gently puts her down. Firmly in her embrace.

Rolling text appears: Nan Nan wants to confess to me.

Animated words appear: She wants to kiss me.

Then the rest is the subtitles from the drama: She says she is hungry. And he says she drank too much and didn't eat, so that's why she is hungry.

ZLS: Burbs/ emits puking-like sound
LYS: Speechless (animated words appear)

ZLS: Burbs again/ emits puking-like sound

LYS: I want to burst out into laughter (animated words appear)

words appear: Endure (and then LYS bursts out laughing, she laughs to and hits him on the shoulder)

ZLS: How can this appear sexy?

[animated words appear - such a small brain, largely unconvinced]

ZLS: I am thinking, as I like him I want to say something that touches him.

animated words appear: Correct, this is the meaning. The intonation when you said you were hungy, it's terrible. The word "I" sounds like you were spitting it out.

[word bubble appearing from ZLS, laughing at oneself] 

Next scene (towards the end where LYS has to carry ZLS one more time): Animated words appear (but he is saying it to her too): If you don't give this your all, I won't be able to carry you properly. Finally, animated words appear (from ZLS): I want calmness.

@pad-hari sorry I can't quite get the right video/ not sure if tat is the right video. Will try again later.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

E21-24 trailer summary [edited for E22]

Spoiler

E21 - GSN is acting coquettish as she sees LJ out her door. She asks him, "For how long will you be gone?" He replies, "I will be back as soon as I settle the matter. So you have to behave and wait for me at home, ok (as he says that he cradles her face and I feel like he is talking down to her, like you would to a small child)." She replies, "Aren't you afraid that I will run off with someone else while you are away?" And he chastises her, "You dare?"

She replies, "What if I do?" He answers her with an extremely serious face, "Please don't take this as a laughing matter (she laughs and he lightens up). When I am not around, I have made all the arrangements for you, including at the stall (the grandpa's one) - all you have to do is happily go to work. And before I forget, this is the most important thing (he takes out a credit card for her), swipe it as you please (and raises his eyebrows at her in a teasing manner). She kisses the card as she says "Swipe!" She loses her playful demeanour and takes on a more caring/loving wife air, puts her arms around him and says "Then you have to promise me that you won't overwork yourself (in chinese it's your eyes turn red). He replies, "OK" and she tells him to go. He looks like he can't tear himself away from her but then steels himself and says "OK". He turns his back on her and walks out the door. She pouts as if she is waiting for something and looks like she is anticipating something to happen. True enough, there is a knock on the door, she grins and runs to open her door. Without looking, she says "Forgot something?" LJ replies, yes, and swoops into kiss her. [end]

E22 - LJ rings the door bell. GSN opens the door and says "You are back!" She seems stunt for a moment but recovers and hugs him enthusiastically (you would think she hasn't seen him in years LOL). She asks him, "How come you are back? Didn't you say that you would only be back in a few days?" He replies, "Yes." GSN continues, "You came back by plane - how many hours did it take you?" He replies "It's alright." She continues with her barrrage of questions, "Does your waist ache? Hungry? What do you want to eat? I'll cook for you." He says,"I just want a glass of water." Brimming with joy, she replies, "Water? Fine." His cheerful face appears to be a front he put up for her, the minute she is not looking, he turns sober. He walks into her living room, looks at it deep in thought, pulls up the chair and sits down. She excitedly pulls up the chair, close to him as soon as she gives him the glass of water. He downs the glass of water in gulp and she asks him if he is that thirsty. He takes out his phone, slides it across her dining table and shows her a picture. It appears to be a pix of an intimate scene where CQZ LJ's step brother (is wiping her chin) but something to that effect)  as GSN looks on. She asks him "What do you mean by this?" [end] (OK, so I FFed E22 to locate this scene in the drama, it was a set up. I reckon he befriended her with an ulterior motive (this is all laid out inE24) and she probably innocently took him as a friend (apparently he told her to keep all this a secret from LJ citing their differences in opinions). He taught her how to make model cars at his place. And then offered her a cake, and then made the move to wipe away the cream from her lips, all the way recording the scene secretly - so it was truly a SET UP to get back at his brother.)

E23 -  The gate to LJ's mansion slides open. GSN is at his door. It's late at night and she has come to talk to LJ. He looks into her eyes and asks her, "It's so late, why are you here?" She states, "LJ, I've gome home and given the situation some thought. In this issue, I am at fault. But, I've explained it to you. You can't continue to ignore me and give me the cold shoulders. I am feeling very sad (tears are streaming down her face and you can tell she is really agrieved). Whatever the situation is, you can tell me."

LJ appears somewhat distressed, as if he doesn't know how to handle this situation. He looks like he is about to respond to her but then he catches sight of a car with lights turned on, parked in the background and he changes his demeanour. He tells GSN that they shouldn't be broaching this topic right now. It's late and she should go home. But GSN rejects the suggestion. She tells him she wants to make things clear tonight, even if he can't answer her in person, he can do so via the phone. For better or worse (though the chinese words are be it death or life), do make it clear. LJ's eyes dart to the car again but you can tell he is perplexed, his eyes appear slightly wet. He tells her they should remain calm and asks her to go home. [end]

E24 - [to all of you rearing to get GSN pregnant, the scene opens to the both of them in her bed]. OK, so after locating this scene in the drama, the context is really the morning after. LJ attempts to placate GSN after their fight. She opens the door for him but pouts. She then throws a tantrum and physically hurls things at him. She turns her back on him and he grabs her and hugs her. He tells her he is hungry, please don't get angry with me, then he says I am really hungry. He asks her to cook for him. She says you can cook the noodles yourself. [edited] She tells him "Dream on." Then he says, then let me take this dream even further,"  And carries her into the bedroom and dramatically kicks the door shut with his foot. - so you get the meaning of his hunger :naughty:]

LJ holds GSN in his arms (in bed) and he rolls over, attempting to pin her beneath him but she protests, "You're squashing my hair." He tells her to get up, she protests again. He helps her to get up and complains, "Your hair is really troublesome." [ahem, I wonder what they were doing that made him pass such a comment.] He says he is going to tie it up for her, and she isn't convinced he can do it [gee, this reminds me of the K-drama scene from W-Two Worlds lol]. He says he doesn't know, but he will try? Are you sure, she asks again? He says he can, I have a way! He tells her not to move, coils the hair into a bun, and asks her to hold onto it, reminding her not to move. He gets up to fetch something and (we finally get to see what it is) he uses the spoon he found at her grandpa's dinner to secure the bun. Then he snaps his finger and says "perfect". She fingers the spoon and looks puzzled, a spoon, she asks? Yes, he says, your spoon. He remarks,"Haven't you been asking me since when it was that I started liking you?" "It was that night that I went to your grandpa's stall for dinner and had the old-fashioned tin-foil noodles, the flavour was especially good, and I was curious what chef could have cooked this up. So, I went into your kitchen (and the flashback of the scene is shown) and caught a glimpse of your back, cooking, and tying your hair in a bun, then sticking the spoon right through it". GSN asks, "But how did you get a hold of this spoon?" [end]

Ending E24 (edited: watched the entire episode and updated this portion)

Spoiler

LJ's step-brother attempts to best his brother in the corporate world, engineering the acquisition of shares which would allow him to have the controlling stake (am doing a quick summary here as the jargon is a little beyond me, but I can grasp the overall scene). They are at a corporate meeting when LJ's step brother reveals his cards. LJ tells the rest of the meeting participants to leave the room so he can have a word with his brother. He reveals that two can tango and that he too has been manoeuvering things behind the scene; so whatever it was that the step brother thought he did was futile. In short LJ now has the lion's share and controls the parent company, defeating the step brother at his game. But prior to this revelation, the step brother informs LJ that he took offense too quickly with the photo; there was really nothing going on between them. It was just his way at touching a raw nerve and gettting back at LJ. (This is where the flash back is shown, of how LJ realises that there really was nothing between the step brother and GSN. LJ actually went through GSN's phone records and saw the message trail, proving her innocence - but I am a little chafed at him, that he checked on her, which means a part of him was still suspicious of her.)

Anyway, this next leads to the trailer scene I summarised above. After that, morning after scene, LJ's mum has another heart to heart talk with her. She tells him that she is leaving for Switzerland tomorrow and will ask LJ to return with her, never again to step foot in Suhai. She says LJ will have to make a choice between the mother or the girl, and she would rather not lose the son to her. GSN replies that if this were to come to pass, and he would be pushed to make a decision, she would back out as she would not want him have to make such a tough call, a son can never have true happiness without a mother's love. The mother asks her if she can keep to her word; and she says she will.

With tears gently streaming down her face, she tells her that one day in the future (this isn't verbatim, because ZLS's part here is long and I think poetic-cum-descriptive) when the mother and son are enjoying each others' company and having a meal, the mother ought to remember that this occasion is a gift from GSN, a girl/chef whom the mother thought little of. [I have a deja vu as I hear her say this, it feels like it's the words from another movie/drama but I can't quite put my finger on it... but certainly it's not original @jimmylyne thanks for pointing out it's from Crazy Rich Asians). GSN bows and says to the mother, "I wish you happiness."

We see GSN walking, and shutting the call from LJ; she is keeping to her word of leaving him. LJ runs towards the mother and asks her where she is and why she isn't picking up the phone. He suspects something amiss and asks her, did you put her to the test again? The mother confirms his suspicions and smiles as she says that she is happy with her. In fact, she praises the son for making a pretty good choice. LJ runs out of the house but not before the mother tells the son, invite her to our house for dinner, and tell her that this aunty doesn't require her to do/sacrifice anything to make her happy.

Next, we see GSN packing up and preparing to leave the house. (OK, seriously, such a tiny suitcase...and leaving the house intact?) As she opens the door, she sees LJ there and asks him why he is there. LJ's response is "I sometimes wonder if you really love me, how could you let me go so easily." Of course GSN answers that she really does love him and asks him if his mother has told her what transpired. GSN is downcast as she tells him, your mother is someone very important to you. To which LJ replies, "You are very important to me too." LJ tells her that the mother said to tell GSN that she admires her, that the son has got really good taste, and to invite her over for dinner at their house. (LJ raises his trademark eyebrow) GSN is shocked... "She accepts me?" LJ nods his head, and GSN is a little overwhelmed in surprise. She turns to keep her luggage in the house but LJ stops her, puts her hand on the handle and tells her to move it to his house (ahem). She hesitates and looks a little shy at the suggestion and its implications. (LJ has his hands stretched out, inviting her to make that move. It's symbolic.)

At the house, the mother is warm and welcoming, she tells the son to keep her luggage in his room. [ok, I definitely saw the look of surprise on the son's face, as much as he tried to control himself, and they -GSN and LJ -both turned to look at each other. He heads to his room with the suitcase, but I guess he also wants to see what his mother would say to her; he turns behind to look, eyebrows furrowed, half in fear I guess and half hoping things would turn out well (poor boy, you never know what surprise mama is going to throw your way, right?) The mother is really so untypical of her usual self that GSN stands there looking at her, unsure what to do as the mum, holds out her hands, as if waiting for GSN to take them. The mother says I am on leave today, tonight's dinner.....at this point GSN cuts in and says she understands, she can takeover the cooking.... but LJ's mum says...that's not what I meant. She says "I haven't entered the kitchen for sometime, tonight let me do that so you can try my cooking" (come on lady, you can't blame her for thinking that right, after the last encounter). She leaves for the kitchen and the ever respectful LJ thanks the mother.

He gives GSN a thumbs up and GSN replies with a double thumbs-up. I think she gives him the Korean heart sign with the thumb and second finger (my online site hanged here for a second), and a computer animated heart is captured by LJ and pocketed, all in all with a very serious face. GSN bursts out laughing and LJ half hides his face in embarassment at what he just did.

Alls well ends well (all the following people appear at what is GSN's opening ceremony to her own restaurant). LJ's assistant gets hitched with GSN's bestie (they both take out what looks like passports, can't be a marriage cert right??), it it looks like CZQ and LM end up together, not explicitly mentioned but it's hinted, the designer uncle (who I thought was not quite straight) ends up with a girl in his arms and forces LJ to address her properly (in chinese it's Jiu Ma, or maternal uncle's wife and he has a right to insist because by age I think LJ either trumps the uncle or is about the same age, but by birth order, he has to be respectful and address him as uncle, as he will have to follow GSN's rank, being her other half).... 

You know the scene in the opening song where LJ and GSN blow the flour from a toy car??? That's the ending. He pulls her aside from her busy opening event and tells her he needs 3 minutes of her time. She sees the car covered with flour and tells him "I won't agree/admit to settling old scores with you, right now." Half smiling, half looking nervous, he takes out a really huge rock (diamond) ring and places it on the car. She smiles then realises what it means... (my online site is hangy tonite, so I miss a second here and there) and the last I can see is that they both blow the dust off the car and that's a wrap, folk

Edited:

(OK I was in a rush last night and didn't include one or two scenes. I didn't catch the conversation but in one scene after LJ trumps the step brother, his mother comforts him as he realises at the implications of the corporate exercise, that he has lost it all, and tears come to his eyes. Not too long after, LJ pays the step brother a visit and tells him that he is handing the reign of what I presume is the father's company to him. The step brother is surprised as he probably thought LJ is a rogue, and the face lights up. LJ tells him he bought two model cars - or something like that - and can't wait for him to come Over and fix them. The step brother finally calls him 'brother' as LJ walks off in a distance....

So this show really is a feel good one, definitely a keeper for me! ) 

couldn't help myself and watch selected scenes to the end.  

such a feel good kind of drama, and so many many scenes of the CP to enjoy 

LJ, what a gentleman, where can we get a sugar daddy like him LOL

the ingredient that made this drama is the exploding chemistry of the CP 

age gap has nothing on them.  I'm totally down for another collab ^^

Nannan fangirling over her man. LOL.  

Screen%20Shot%202020-09-29%20at%201.45.0

@SC2019 OMG thanks for the translations and summaries! You are an angel!

All your hard work.

I TOTALLY cannot wait to watch everything. Since I am NOT in ASIA and I don't know what I can see on the website I watch this drama. I hope they show all the episodes. But still excited alls well that ends well. 

Also thanks to others including @jimmylyne @pad-hari with your goodies and the  Fan Meeting and other stuff.

Adding my voice to others in thanking you @SC2019 for the translations and summaries :kiss_wink:

15 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Ending E24 (edited: watched the entire episode and updated this portion)

Spoiler

I personally think the ending is perfect. Their age gap doesn't affect my enjoyment watching them (thanks to their sizzling chemistry and acting -- particularly Lin Yushen's, if I may add (forgive my bias, lol). But frankly at the back of my head I couldn't help thinking that Gu Shengnan, being young and talented, should not rush into settling down. So by just showing the wedding proposal, and not the wedding itself, I make up my own scenario that while they're getting engaged, she'll explore opportunities for herself, of course with Lu Jin's help and encouragement. :blush:

I finished all the episodes without eng sub. But some episodes are not complete yet thry cut some scenes off. By the way in ep 15 they cut the scene at 26:30 min I saw in the trailer that Shengnan kiss Lujin there I wish I could see it but it got cut off. I hope that they upload all cut off scene that didn't include in the official videos. Let my pray come true!!!

8 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@jimmylyne That's right...it's from Crazy Rich Asians....you are amazing for remembering that.

It's was guite a memorable scene in that movie.. maybe that why I can remember it can clearly..

3 hours ago, Malin Kim said:

I finished all the episodes without eng sub. But some episodes are not complete yet thry cut some scenes off. By the way in ep 15 they cut the scene at 26:30 min I saw in the trailer that Shengnan kiss Lujin there I wish I could see it but it got cut off. I hope that they upload all cut off scene that didn't include in the official videos. Let my pray come true!!!

I'm also binge watch it without eng subs.. not really understand it tho.

It true they didn't show a kiss she gave Lujin in front of their colleagues at the "True and Dare" game at ep15..and I love this episodes with all the sweetsness ...awww,.. they're so cute..

Spoiler

There's a scene where Lujin crying and his mom also saw him cry, i think.. and then he gave sleeping GSN a forehead kiss.. wondering why the proud man cry?...it so pitiful to see yet very touching moment..

3 hours ago, AB1803 said:

Hi guys! Please can I ask where you're watching all the episodes. Dramacool and WeTV only have until episode 16 up

All episodes but without eng subs

https://chinaq.xyz/cn200915/

It already 1 billions views count on Tencent video..

Thank you all for the beautiful posts. I thoroughly enjoyed everyone's posts.  @SC2019 thank you so much for the BTS translations and episode summaries.  So nice of you.  

I have yet to watch the episodes coz I am not ready to let go of this wonderful drama.  I am very happy it's a HE for our OTP and I will wait for the subtitles.     If you are having withdrawal symptoms, you can try LOVE IS SWEET.  it's really very good and there is not any boring moments.  I am loving it so far.  

@Nodame I also am going to be one of those who will patiently have to wait for episodes 17-24 to be subbed :tightdeadline: .

I just want to say a big thank you to @SC2019for all the translations, @pad-hari @jimmylyne and @pawlafor your videos, pics etc.:glee:@jadore1 for your recipes.

@caranita and @Malin Kim I had fun reading your posts :selfie2:

To everyone else on this thread it was nice "meeting ya'll" :heart: and sharing fawning over this drama.

@lexiconIm having diabetes now. How can this drama be so perfect in every episode. The plots are new and so good it gives different feelings from other dramas. It feels genuine because the actors are good at portray their characters it feels so real. Other dramas now feel plain too me no chemistry no genuine feeling no caring and loving as much as Lujin has for Shengnan it just show how perfect this drama is. By the way im also a kdrama lover but this is the first time i can say that no other dramas can match this JinNan pairing. Their acting is absolutely on point even their first encounter was on point. This director i will support his next drama.I cant get over dating in the kitchen. The best drama ever!!! 

Lin Yushen is so hot and sexy in ep 20. I cant breathe!!!  Damn my face is burning how can he be this hot i cant handle!!! I find him very attractive... 

His voice is so manly and sexy. 

When he whispers to Shengnan on the bed Im melting. 

Archived