[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Dating In The Kitchen 我喜欢你

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

Oh my god the way he touch her hair is so heart fluttering I dont know how to describe it but that moment is so endearing that way he flirts the way he smiles and look at her they way he is playing with her hair. This scene gave me butterflies.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SC2019 thks for the translations ..so thankful,much appreciated. You're such a gem...

@Malin Kim Yes ..one of many my favorite parts of them together, hair touching, hand kissing ..sexy hot kisses.. long loving tightly hug..

At ep15

I really love how LJ look so mesmerized by GSN while she tied up her hair then he come closer, gaze at her with such lovingly soft and tender stares.

The way she kiss his burnt hand..plus the slow-motion really amped-up the intensity.. he slowly lean into her like he was asking for a kiss..and she did give him a peck.. then she give him the most sweet loving smile..I'm a gooner..

When he standing behind her..he exhaled and looking up at the sky....I guess he felt so blessed and thankful?

@pawlaAnother entertaining BTS.. enjoyed and love it... Even in BTS they're both look so compitable .

* I.2 billions views count on Tencent .

And for those who want to know what exactly was said btwn LJ's mum and GSN in E24, here it is (starting from 23:03):

Spoiler

GSN: Aunty, you have asked me to come here today, is anything the matter?
LJ's mum: I have booked an airticket for tomorrow, to return to Switzerland. I want to ask LJ to leave together with me. In future, I don't intend to return to Suhai.

GSN: And, has LJ agreed to this?

LJ's mum: On this point, I am not sure. Ms Gu, in your opinion, if LJ were to make a choice between you and me, who would he choose? If he were to choose you, it means that he doesn't want the mother who gave birth to him and raised him. He will live out the rest of his life in guilt. If he chooses me, he will resent me for breaking up his relationship. And he will live out the rest of his life in regret. My flight is the first thing tomorrow morning; I want to go pack my luggage. Let's talk about this another time.

GSN: Aunty, if you must have LJ make a decision, then let me back off/ out.

LJ's mum: Ms Gu, are you going to let go off my son so easily? I thought your love for each other was very deep.

GSN: My backing off, neither signifies that I acknowledge your judgement of me nor am I doing it out of fear. I am doing this because I really, really love LJ. I don't want to be the cause of him losing a mother who loves him so dearly. In this entire world, there isn't a child who can lose his mother's support and blessings, and be truly happy. I just hope that he can be happy, and that is good enough. Aunty, I just hope that one day, when you are with the son you are proud of, in far off Switzerland, in a luxurious villa, in front of a warm fireplace, seated at a gorgeous dining table, eating premium delicacies.... and when LJ caringly serves you some food, when he discusses with you about which hotel to takeover, and how much profit you will get out of it...I hope that you will remember, that very moment of happiness you are enjoying, is what I let you have, someone whom in your eyes is humble (i.e. inferior) and poor, someone whose entire life will be spent 'guarding a spoon' (i.e. working as a chef), someone who is insignificant, is the one who let you have (this moment).

LJ's mum: Can you do what you have said?

GSN: I can. (she bows respectfully) Aunty, I wish you happiness.

and since I am at this, here's starting from 28:28-29:50 (when LJ asks his mother where GSN is)

Spoiler
Spoiler

LJ: Mum, where is Nan Nan? Isn't she supposed to be with you? Why isn't she picking up my phone? Where is she? What did you tell her again? Why is it that you dislike her so much?

LJ's mum: I didn't say that I don't like her. On the contrary, I find her quite lovable.

LJ: You were testing her again? (sighing) And the result is?

LJ's mum: The result? The result is, I am very satisfied. It looks like my son has pretty good taste (his judgement is pretty good).

LJ: Mum, you are really making me miserable.

(LJ gets up to leave)

LJ's mum: Eh, wait a moment. Ask GSN to come over for dinner tonight. At the sametime, tell her that I, Zhen Hong, don't need her to give me (let me have) my happiness. 

(LJ grins and runs off)

30:49-32:50

Spoiler

GSN: Why are you here?

LJ: At times, I really wonder if you really love me.

GSN: Of course I love you.
LJ: Then how can you let me go so easily?

GSN: Your mother has told you?

LJ: Yes, and she told me to tell that she is very happy; she doesn't need you to let her have her happiness.

GSN: I just didn't want you to be embarassed, because your mother is someone very special to you.

LJ: And to me, you are someone who is very special as well. She asked me to tell you that she admires you, and her son has extremely good taste, and to invite you over for a casual meal tonight.

GSN: She... she accepts me?

LJ: uh-huh

GSN (smiles in disbelieve): Let me keep my luggage

LJ: No need, bring it over to my place.

33:04-33:53

Spoiler

LJ: Mum

GSN: Aunty

LJ's mum: You're back! Go keep GSN's luggage in your room.

LJ: Ah... I'll go now.

LJ's mum: Today, aunty is on leave, the food for tonight...

GSN: Aunty, I understand, hand it to me, I will cook it.

LJ's mum: That is not what I meant. I haven't been into the kitchen for a long time. Let me cook, and you can try. Go (talking to her son).

LJ: Thank's mum

@Malin Kim I needed a bit of translation work to get GSN's answer. When I first heard it, I thought it sounded poetic, but now that I've gotten the translations done, it's poetic in the sense that she is painting a vision of the future, based on what she imagines life to be like in Switzerland, based on her observations of how LJ and the mum live. And she contrasts it with the warmth that wealth can buy, temperature, sumptious food, luxurious surroundings, and yet a distantly cold world, without her in it. And the gift of her relinquishing LJ to the mother is rather similar to what happened in Crazy Rich Asians, not terribly unique or novel, but nevertheless with GSN saying it to her mother-in-law, still delivers quite a punch. And her performance is what knocked the mum and won her over - good for you gal!

Ok, so I know most of you are way ahead of me but I just finished Episode 1... the scene where she trashed his (the wrong) car is just hilarious. I love her facial expressions! They must have had fun filming that scene...

And...Zhou lusi has a thing with flower....... I vividly remember another scene with flower in Love better than immortality :lol:

@SC2019you are very generous. Thank you so much for spending your time translate for us. I love you muaw muaw muaw. 

12 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Ok, so I know most of you are way ahead of me but I just finished Episode 1... the scene where she trashed his (the wrong) car is just hilarious. I love her facial expressions! They must have had fun filming that scene...

And...Zhou lusi has a thing with flower....... I vividly remember another scene with flower in Love better than immortality :lol:

Yeah I agreed her acting is so good. I laughed till my stomach hurt. I still repeat that scene. 

7 minutes ago, sp17jcshipper said:

Hello am new to this topic, but am really loving this drama. I think am going to rewatch it again, again and again. So we get translated episodes today. I can't wait

Its up to ep 18 now. This is best drama ever. You wont regret watching it. The main leads are both such good actors thanks to the director and producer for choosing this two as main lead. 

5 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Did anyone else crack up watching Lu Jin lay in bed after falling into the water in EP3? The BGM and his expression- it looks like he's on his death bed!

I believe he has quite a few moments like that....which made him conclude that GSN is his nemesis. I think he can't quite believe the successive spate of misfortunes he is experiencing. Enjoy!

@SilverDawn Don't forget the after food poisoning accident too. He was so shocked to see the hotel staff waiting for him outside his room. Then GSN apologizing to him. Did she really have to shout her apology like that? :lol: I think it was the first time the ever calm LJ raised his voice. He didn't even get angry when she vandalized his Ferrari. 

@SilverDawn

46 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

I believe he has quite a few moments like that....which made him conclude that GSN is his nemesis. I think he can't quite believe the successive spate of misfortunes he is experiencing. Enjoy!

He expression make dead. So funny. He is in a mental crisis. 

17 minutes ago, pawla said:

@SilverDawn Don't forget the after food poisoning accident too. He was so shocked to see the hotel staff waiting for him outside his room. Then GSN apologizing to him. Did she really have to shout her apology like that? :lol: I think it was the first time the ever calm LJ raised his voice. He didn't even get angry when she vandalized his Ferrari. 

The first time he raised his voice. Hahahahaha

Don't know if WeTV translated it accurately..and the way LJ kind of exasperated tho...lol

"She's my Nemesis. She love me so much and she want me dead"

And I like... what??? 

@SilverDawn she "decorated" his Ferrari and pretending to be Korean was hilarious..and now i think about it apparently her "look like a poop" dough already make a claimed on her behalf when it fell just right on his crotch..errr between his thighs.. lol.

@pawla poor LJ.. He's become bubble machine..:joy: and became a comedian overnight.

He should fired the security's for posting it in the group.

And of course GSN apologizing didn't help to ease his misery..

LJ : I'm not embarrassed at all! if I am not embarrassed, you aren't either!!

5 hours ago, xingyuerefuel said:

Hey guys. Its been a while since i participated in any soopmi discussions. I just thought i sign on to fangirl with you guy. Totally loving this drama! 

Loving theil details. Like how Lu Jin twirled Nannan's hair. And how he look at her photo while at work hehe\

Awww,.. they are so cute :love:

The accidentally kiss happened..just after this pic were taken..

I think the best character development, apart from our OTP, is Shengnan's uncle. I love how he gradually transforms from being cheap and manipulative in the first 2 or 3 episodes to become caring and wise, and the voice of reason to both Shengnan and Lu Jin. There's development too to ZQ and LM, but at a lesser extent, as they've always been mature characters IMO. 

I frankly couldn't care less about Meng Xinjie & Xu Shaodi's romance. I still can't understand how and why Xinjie falls in love with Shaodi (to the point of proposing to her... twice?), but maybe I had missed it since I tend to skip their scenes heheh :D 

@xingyuerefuel it's was a sneaky picture she's taking while LJ soundly sleeping on her couch ,she thought he was cute..ep6 on mark 8:30s..

@caranita Agreed with your comment about Mr Gao "the uncle" and xiaodi.

Her uncle was the best , supportive and understanding... totally a LJ/GSN shipper...I literally wants to hug him( the uncle) when he give GSN his card to pay the hospital bill..

And what's he once told LJ was absolutely the truth " She(GSN) is surrounded with good people"

Archived