[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Dating In The Kitchen 我喜欢你

sugarplum892

I think it's episode 15, the scene where she asked him come closer and we had a close up that she blows his ear, I find that moves very loving and sexy, but the sound effect kills the feelings. I think they wanted to make it funny. For me, I just thought it was such a waste. All the feeling of anticipation from LuJin.. if the sound was more of a gentle kind, then he would probably carry her off and have a make out right there and then, more kisses hehe. 

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Malin Kim said:

@jimmylyneI like all their interactions It feels so real and the kisses are truly the best it hits me in the heart. Absolutely perfect!!! 

Agreed.. their sizzling chemistry was the best.. genuine adoration affections and passionately in love ..you can see it in their eyes , dreamy and starry eyes towards each other..:heart2beat:

The way they flirt with each other always get me breathless..so convincing and so naturally amazingly captivating... mesmerizingly beautiful.

5 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

One of their sweet moment..

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4555003984092027

Too bad they only show it for a few seconds in the final cut. I don't know which one I should feel sorry for. Us the viewers  or LYS and ZLS who filmed it for 5 hours :sweat_smile:

I can't believe it's over. Only 3 weeks for 24 episodes. Makes me want for more. Their chemistry is sizzling. Never thought I would be rooting for this OTP when I first started watching this drama. Kudos to all the cast and crew. 

I heard the novel ends with LJ and GSN being married and has a daughter who has a crush on CZQ and LM's son. Is it true? 

@Malin Kim I like their interactions and kisses too. Felt so real. If only LYS isn't married I'm sure there would be a lot of CP fans for these two. For a shy guy LYS is definitely can be a good kisser on screen. 

4 minutes ago, pawla said:

Too bad they only show it for a few seconds in the final cut. I don't know which one I should feel sorry for. Us the viewers  or LYS and ZLS who filmed it for 5 hours :sweat_smile:

I can't believe it's over. Only 3 weeks for 24 episodes. Makes me want for more. Their chemistry is sizzling. Never thought I would be rooting for this OTP when I first started watching this drama. Kudos to all the cast and crew. 

I heard the novel ends with LJ and GSN being married and has a daughter who has a crush on CZQ and LM's son. Is it true? 

IKR..poor them..5 hrs was too much.

They should've just make everything get a final cut ..but then it's soooo..unsuitable for an audience below 14yrs old.. too hot and too sexy for youngest people to watch..even for me as an adult..it's make me daydreaming about them.. keep on replayed those scenes in my head...lol

This drama should've have at least 30 episodes or more..

I did not know about the novel..but..it's nice to know they had a daughter..awww..

27 minutes ago, pawla said:

@Malin Kim I like their interactions and kisses too. Felt so real. If only LYS isn't married I'm sure there would be a lot of CP fans for these two. For a shy guy LYS is definitely can be a good kisser on screen. 

@pawlaHe is such a good kisser. His eyes when he looks at her his voice when he talks or whispers oh my god this man is the death of me.

@pawla I once reading a comment on Twitter.. saying something like..

If the ML wasn't married..DITK's couple easily beat other CP and become the most popular CP because of their amazing chemistry..

@Malin Kim agreed..he is a good kisser ..his facial expressions as a man who's so crazily in love with his girlfriend was totally on point..his eyes always on her..pay attention to everything she said, he was captivated in everything she do....his raspy sultry voice..his charming crooked soft smile...

so glad that they're both use their own voice instead of dubbing.

After watching the last few ending episodes, I wonder if......

Spoiler

the show is depicting LJ as being insecure, that he could possibly have seriously entertained the notion of losing GSN to his stepbrother. Perhaps as someone who grew up in an unharmonious home, raised by a mother who tried to force him to prioritise career over love, or at least as she put it to make sure that love would never distract him from career success, that he would be someone who feels he is undeserving of love. So, when he meets a PYT (our gal), he doubts that she could love him whole-heartedly. And when evidence is concocted even if somewhat flimsy, he chooses to believe that he would lose and that she would choose someone else over him. Even in the last episode, he said it "I sometimes doubt whether you truly love me..."

So, the lesson to be learnt is that we can be our worst enemy, that we can be made to feel undeserving of love and because of that, inadvertently drive away people we love. Although thankfully this didn't happen in the end, because LJ is smart enough to realise his folly and brave enough to go after what he wants. But had he not doubted her enough to check her phone for the trail of messages, I shudder to think what the ending might have been....

oh and I finally had the time to understand what LJ said to his stepbrother in the last episode

Spoiler

He told his stepbrother that he was handing over the father's company to him to manage. But what was more significant was that he apologised to him. He said "Before this, I didn't take up my responsibility as a brother. I apologise for that. Give me a (second) chance. As he walks off, the turns around and says "By the way, I bought two drones/ remote aircraft, next time, let's play with it together." [I think that is the most gentlemenly think he could do as a way of apology]

And a line I missed out from the morning after bed scene...[ which was cute, heart-warming and something that you would expect our gal to say... it's just so like her to pass such a remark.]

Spoiler

after LJ confesses as to when he first fell in love with GSN, he tells her that he has kept the spoon by his side all this while and she repeats the words 'all this while'. Then GSN says "Cinderella dropped her glass slipper and it was picked up by a prince. I dropped a spoon/ladle and I got a you. How romantic!"

[the words in italicise are not a grammatical mistake; she is making a comparison between a prince, and a you] :lol:

26 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

After watching the last few ending episodes, I wonder if......

Hide contents

the show is depicting LJ as being insecure, that he could possibly have seriously entertained the notion of losing GSN to his stepbrother. Perhaps as someone who grew up in an unharmonious home, raised by a mother who tried to force him to prioritise career over love, or at least as she put it to make sure that love would never distract him from career success, that he would be someone who feels he is undeserving of love. So, when he meets a PYT (our gal), he doubts that she could love him whole-heartedly. And when evidence is concocted even if somewhat flimsy, he chooses to believe that he would lose and that she would choose someone else over him. Even in the last episode, he said it "I sometimes doubt whether you truly love me..."

So, the lesson to be learnt is that we can be our worst enemy, that we can be made to feel undeserving of love and because of that, inadvertently drive away people we love. Although thankfully this didn't happen in the end, because LJ is smart enough to realise his folly and brave enough to go after what he wants. But had he not doubted her enough to check her phone for the trail of messages, I shudder to think what the ending might have been....

Look like really need (desperately need lol) to watch the remaining ep19 - ep24 with eng subs because I want to participate to share my opinion on your analysis on LJ "peculiar" behavior ..sadly I have to wait for another 2 weeks.

I really want to know why LJ crying and kiss GSN forehead( he looked so pitiful and so sad) after he read a history messages on her phone where almost of the message from Lu Zhang was always mentioned his brother "ta ge , ta ge, ta ge" ( wasn't it?)..seem like the little brother use his older brother as a bait to get GSN going out with him without knowing LZ take an opportunity to manipulate GSN kindness to get even with LJ.

@pawla  I am back ...no english subs yet so i am in the la la land of see but don't touch, or see but can't comment.  Did I miss any good recipes ?  I picked up supplies today for more rice and for the chocolate mousse cake , so You all know what is cooking this weekend . I also checked 'a lot of fried rice recipes' and i think her sprinkle of magic dust was the Organic Chinese 5 Spices...at least the description of the spices fits the theme of this drama ...:tounge_wink:

origin of Chinese five spice

Interestingly, Chinese Five Spice is based on the five elements – fire, water, wood, earth and metal. According to traditional Chinese medicine, the five elements are manifested in different parts of the body and when there are imbalances in these elements, illness can result. For thousands of years,  herbs and spices have been used to restore balance in the body and that is why Chinese five-spice powder came to be.

@jimmylyne here's what I believe happened in that scene...

Spoiler

LJ was affected by the picture the stepbrother sent him earlier and the subsequent incidences. I think in moments where he is detached from his emotions (and thinking rationally), he may suspect that the brother is not entirely genuine when he (the stepbrother) says that he likes GSN. So, prior to that scene, where he gained access to GSN's phone and saw the trail of messages from the stepbrother, he had his doubts - was it possible that GSN was attracted to his brother? [and this is where I say he is somewhat insecure]

So, to get to the point, the phone messages basically show that it was the stepbrother who reached out to GSN, stating that he wants her to be the bridge between their relationship and our gal innocently thinks she is doing a good deed without knowing what is going on (she says 'leave it to me'). And then later messages include the stepbrother trying to cajole GSN (probably after the pix incident) asking her if she is going to ignore him, that he would try to make amends and explain the situation with LJ, that since his father's death, he feels lonely and wants someone to talk to.

Essentially he was trying to make her feel sorry for him, time and time again, it worked. Including the scene just before she got drunk. He went to her house and made himself look pitiful, which led to her going out for dinner with him and getting herself drunk in the process. [but to be frank, I think she was also too relaxed about it. I think LJ made it clear before, as my fiance, you have to keep your distance with others (men); if she had been brought up in a family of equal stature, she would have been more guarded about her actions to protect his reputation. If the media chose to, they could have portrayed him in a bad light, but thankfully that is not the direction this drama took.) But given her personality, age and upbringing, she saw it as LJ trying to control her.

We know this because over that particular dinner where she got drunk, she complained to the stepbrother that LJ is a control freak; he wants to control who she hangs out with, who she talks to, etc. (Though it's because he is just jealous and insecure, and he has seen CZQ make a move on her and is worried about other men doing the same.)

Coming back to that scene with LJ's tears running down his face, (I think) he was awash with relieve and had an 'aha' moment that his fears were unfounded. He finally had evidence that the stepbrother was making use of GSN to get to LJ, to hurt him (because LJ had told the stepbrother that business is business, emotions should not get into the picture. This was when the stepbrother had begged LJ not to continue with the corporate takeover of the father's company and LJ had said it's business.) 

And finally in that scene, there is a voiceover, LJ says, "In future, no matter what happens I do, please don't ever leave me again." [In my opinion, GSN had never left him. She had desperately tried to prove her innocence, she went to coax him and to explain the situation to him that he had misunderstood her. But he had given her the cold shoulder. (what I have not figured out yet as I haven't watched it slowly enough, is whether he knew and was putting up an act, or he really believed that there was something going on between the two. But from E24, when the stepbrother asks him when he realised that there was nothing going on between the two actually, there is a flashback to that scene you referred to, where he is crying. So, that gives me the impression that he hadn't convinced himself and cast away his doubts up to that point. So, in his mind, he had nearly lost her, which is why he says, please don't ever leave me again.]

And the reason I say he was putting up an act is because in E24 when she is hurling pillows and (nearly) the turtle at LJ, he tried to explain to her that he had handled the issue with his stepbrother. But at the near mention of his stepbrother's name, GSN became furious. She began hurling things at him and said never to mention his name in front of her. She complained out loud that the brothers were using her like ammunition (?) against each other, i.e. using her to get back at each other. And that she had heard from LJ's PA that it had all been an act that LJ had been putting up (probably with the cold shoulder and all). GSN was upset because she said if you wanted to act I could act too, you just have to tell me. [which led me to believe that he wasn't entirely convinced that there was something going on, but he still had his fears.] 

43 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@jimmylyne here's what I believe happened in that scene...

Reveal hidden contents

LJ was affected by the picture the stepbrother sent him earlier and the subsequent incidences. I think in moments where he is detached from his emotions (and thinking rationally), he may suspect that the brother is not entirely genuine when he (the stepbrother) says that he likes GSN. So, prior to that scene, where he gained access to GSN's phone and saw the trail of messages from the stepbrother, he had his doubts - was it possible that GSN was attracted to his brother? [and this is where I say he is somewhat insecure]

So, to get to the point, the phone messages basically show that it was the stepbrother who reached out to GSN, stating that he wants her to be the bridge between their relationship and our gal innocently thinks she is doing a good deed without knowing what is going on (she says 'leave it to me'). And then later messages include the stepbrother trying to cajole GSN (probably after the pix incident) asking her if she is going to ignore him, that he would try to make amends and explain the situation with LJ, that since his father's death, he feels lonely and wants someone to talk to.

Essentially he was trying to make her feel sorry for him, time and time again, it worked. Including the scene just before she got drunk. He went to her house and made himself look pitiful, which led to her going out for dinner with him and getting herself drunk in the process. [but to be frank, I think she was also too relaxed about it. I think LJ made it clear before, as my fiance, you have to keep your distance with others (men); if she had been brought up in a family of equal stature, she would have been more guarded about her actions to protect his reputation. If the media chose to, they could have portrayed him in a bad light, but thankfully that is not the direction this drama took.) But given her personality, age and upbringing, she saw it as LJ trying to control her.

We know this because over that particular dinner where she got drunk, she complained to the stepbrother that LJ is a control freak; he wants to control who she hangs out with, who she talks to, etc. (Though it's because he is just jealous and insecure, and he has seen CZQ make a move on her and is worried about other men doing the same.)

Coming back to that scene with LJ's tears running down his face, (I think) he was awash with relieve and had an 'aha' moment that his fears were unfounded. He finally had evidence that the stepbrother was making use of GSN to get to LJ, to hurt him (because LJ had told the stepbrother that business is business, emotions should not get into the picture. This was when the stepbrother had begged LJ not to continue with the corporate takeover of the father's company and LJ had said it's business.) 

And finally in that scene, there is a voiceover, LJ says, "In future, no matter what happens, please don't leave me again." [In my opinion, GSN had never left him. She had desperately tried to prove her innocence, she went to coax him and to explain the situation to him that he had misunderstood her. But he had given her the cold shoulder. (what I have not figured out yet as I haven't watched it slowly enough, is whether he knew and was putting up an act, or he really believed that there was something going on between the two. But from E24, when the stepbrother asks him when he realised that there was nothing going on between the two actually, there is a flashback to that scene you referred to, where he is crying. So, that gives me the impression that he hadn't convinced himself and cast away his doubts up to that point. So, in his mind, he had nearly lost her, which is why he says, please don't leave me again.]

And the reason I say he was putting up an act is because in E24 when she is hurling pillows and (nearly) the turtle at LJ, he tried to explain to her that he had handled the issue with his stepbrother. But at the near mention of his stepbrother's name, GSN became furious. She began hurling things at him and said never to mention his name in front of her. She complained out loud that the brothers were using her like ammunition (?) against each other, i.e. using her to get back at each other. And that she had heard from LJ's PA that it had all been an act that LJ had been putting up (probably with the cold shoulder and all). GSN was upset because she said if you wanted to act I could act too, you just have to tell me. [which led me to believe that he wasn't entirely convinced that there was something going on, but he still had his fears.] 

Awww, great post.  :heartxoxo:

Me too.  Always here with you all. Hehe

Archived