[Drama 2020/2021] Run On, 런온

0ly40

Episode 9 - its official ... I like the second leads better now

I've loved Dan-Ahs character from the start - especially her banter with Mi Joo - but after yet ANOTHER episode of watching the main leads unable to get out of their own way, I found myself more concerned about the blow out between Dan-Ah and Yeong-Hwa

From the preview it looks like the Mains will FINALLY get closer next episode, while hopefully Dan will figure out that she crossed the line.

Its obvious Dan is slowly finding feelings for Yeong-Hwa, and the blow out was driven by her annoyance with her half brother. She is truly rocking Yeong-Hwas world so here is hoping her reconciling with Yeong-Hwa is sincere and we can start to see them as happy as they are in the dramas intro -

:ohboy2:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow YES I'm all for woman power and knowing your worth but I'm on his side on this one. She needs to learn to just get off that high horse of hers sometimes. We know that DA has a good heart beneath that ice cold exterior of hers - her family dynamics contributes a whole to that exterior but still!! That doesn't give her a free permit to mouth off whenever she wants to whomever she wants. Notice how she never even calls him by name (always refers to him as "student" and now "vending machine") - so you could only expect so much "patience" from YH this whole time. 

The thing I loved about this scene was that YH showed her that he's not someone's punching bag....not even for someone he really likes. Kudos to him! We've always just seen him smiling and goofing around all the time so to see that he has a whole other side to him was really refreshing - at least for me...maybe even for DA ;) You can mess with him but DO NOT mess with his paintings.

And there's that. I think this was a necessary confrontation. I cannot wait for their next scene together though...the aftermath of all that delicious angst :heart: 

Ernzw11VEAEl1wD?format=jpg&name=largeErnzwnSVgAUzo59?format=jpg&name=largeErnzxDqU0AAd3Uz?format=jpg&name=large

Cred. owner

And yes! This couple stole the show this episode.

2 hours ago, blademan said:

The thing I loved about this scene was that YH showed her that he's not someone's punching bag....not even for someone he really likes. Kudos to him! We've always just seen him smiling and goofing around all the time so to see that he has a whole other side to him was really refreshing - at least for me...maybe even for DA ;) You can mess with him but DO NOT mess with his paintings.

And there's that. I think this was a necessary confrontation. I cannot wait for their next scene together though...the aftermath of all that delicious angst :heart: 

Yes, I'm loving this part too.  " it's MINE, till I give it to You" .   To see DN can't sleep because of him meant he has made an impact on her already (plus the smile of seeing the bottle of honey)  It's about time for her to learn something from YH (the emotional guy)

Credit to the owner

4 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I liked today's episode!:).

and you are going to like today's (KST) episode too :blush: This is the first time I feel  like I want to watch the whole episode till the end right now.  

p.s

Waiting patiently for KSG to say "the words" 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKAnC2tnMNi/

So Ep 9 isn’t my new favorite but still a good episode! 

Highlights for me are:

1. James asking if SG is gay

- definitely the funniest scene this episode

2. Yeong-sil visiting SG - another bromance I root for

3. The FU scene

- though I hope that MJ will learn how to hold her temper like SG. She has a few things to learn from him too.

4. SG admitting he likes MJ 

- SG was expressing his feelings already, but why does it always end up in a misunderstanding?

5. DA and YH confrontation.

- finally YH shows DA that she can’t treat anyone harshly just because she wants to. May this finally break DA’s walls. 

Btw SG finally bought MJ a gift! A pair of running shoes in case she wants to run again [with him.] Awww

Who’s excited for Ep. 10??

4 hours ago, nataliakay said:

Would anyone be able to give a better translation of the intense conversation confession - not confession between MJ and KSG outside the hotel room? I think Netflix's translation is a bit weird

Yes please. Much needed. The netflix translation seems a bit off, I honestly didn't follow what just happened between the two. I mean at one point I felt they just confessed their feelings to one another but then just a while later they decided to go separate ways. Also, was SG hesitant in expressing his feelings for MJ because he thought she would find him boring after '1 month'? Is that what the conversation between YG and MJ trying to hint?

8 minutes ago, rita96 said:

Yes please. Much needed. The netflix translation seems a bit off, I honestly didn't follow what just happened between the two. I mean at one point I felt they just confessed their feelings to one another but then just a while later they decided to go separate ways. Also, was SG hesitant in expressing his feelings for MJ because he thought she would find him boring after '1 month'? Is that what the conversation between YG and MJ trying to hint?

I feel your pain. Although I don't speak Korean, I understand some words and there really are words that the translators omit or replace with another word. 

But from what I understood from that hotel scene, SG did confess in a way that's a little off. Like he said, "I've been doing that thing.. that thing you asked me to do." I think for MJ, it sounded like he only liked her because she asked him to do that. Although I did feel a little lost when she came back and forth in her room. ToT

5 hours ago, nataliakay said:

Would anyone be able to give a better translation of the intense conversation confession - not confession between MJ and KSG outside the hotel room? I think Netflix's translation is a bit weird

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels a bit lost watching this show. I agree with the

@kallen88that MJ thinks he is only pretending to like her, and then KSG didn't have a chance to process and respond before she left. I think he also inadvertently talked about 1 month relationship duration which reminded her of her earlier conversation with the other runner.

I'm actually more confused by the entire interaction between Yeong-Hwa and Dan-Ah, I always feel something is a bit of and I'm not understanding properly.

Thanks for your take on things

@kallen88

7 hours ago, nataliakay said:

As @kallen88 said, I think MJ felt that SG was liking her/treating her well out of obligation and not realizing that he is actually into her. He has a way with words that gets people confused... as others have mentioned throughout the show. Even his friend earlier asked him "Is there no way for you to change the way you talk?" lol... like, everyone gets frustrated with SG.

when she muttered "I hate this" i think she came back to clarify that she hates the way she's feeling since she's showing that she's upset and frustrated. She also seems to be unaware that he's into her so I think she's channeling in her own insecurities... "Don't hate me for it" 

Archived