[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

9 hours ago, angelflower said:

Episode 31 Recap (Part 2):

Reveal hidden contents

I'm off to bed now! Will do episode 32 tomorrow - actually quite looking forward to that one hehe.

Thanks for your hard work!  Finally had sometime to pop in here,  since you're doing ep 32 I'll try and see if I can do some in ep 33-35 next week!!  Such hard episodes to get through, thank you for your patience and time!  This has been such a fun space to find other people who are watching SP too!

• Like 6

Okay then, Ep 32 Part 1!

Spoiler

Picking up from end of Ep 31 - (halfway through a conversation between XC and XY about the mark behind CY's ear...)

XY says he won't believe anything unless CY says it's real herself. XC says that people can get hurt, how can XY still expect CY to not forget him after hurting her so much.  They are interrupted by XC's messenger announcing the arrival of Eunuch Go.  XC rushes to see th Eunuch Go thinking that the Emperor has awaken. But is told that the Royal Doctor says that the Emperor has been poisoned, although he won't die he needs to time to recover.  He says that the Emperor has been calling out CY's name in his sleep. XC says they will go and see the Emperor tomorrow.  Eunuch Go reports that the doors of the the city has been closed and they are looking for "that thing".  XC asks why Eunuch Go is here today, and he asks XC if XC and CY is real (as in the pregnancy).  XC says of course, XC and CY grew up together and is destined by Heaven to be together, since they have now been "discovered", then CY can stay by his side.  Eunuch Go cautions XC that even though the Emperor dotes on him, being with his "sister" CY is not a "morally right" occurrence, and it's best to not let this be known until after the baby is born.

CY sleeps  in bed with her eyes covered.  XY says to her that she always calls him her pillow, when in fact she is his pillow. He often has bad dreams at night, of his friends in the army sacrificing themselves for him, he's even dreamt of his own death. Everytime he wakes up and sees her by his side he feels safe, because he knows he now has a home, he can finally live like a normal person. NX is seen listening to this hiding round the corner. Flashback to XY and CY sleeping together holding hands. Back to the present CY stirs and pulls her hand away from XY and turns to sleep on her side. XY asks if she can hear him, or is it that she doesn't want to listen to him. He says that what XC said was true, XY has hurt her too deeply.  XY : If you can hear me, I  hope you can tell me that you and XC....... forget it, rest well, I'll stay here with you. XY covers CY's eyes again with the cloth.  NX walks in saying "Fine, you two are still together"  XY : "Which of your eyes saw that we are "together"? NX : A man and a woman in a room together, what else are you doing?  XY : "Good that you're here, let's talk outside"

Outside.  NX says to  XY that he would do whatever to look after CY, but NX has gone against her own country, not even caring for her own life, yet she only got his betrayal. XY asks by not wanting her life she is referencing the wolf incident.  NX : "So you still remember?  I helped a "white eyed wolf" (meaning ungrateful souls), you and CY are both ungrateful wretches"  XY laughs that NX is still clinging to the act, that she thinks she can keep up the pretense from the past?  In flashback XY  explains that he knew of NX and her brother's plan so NX had burnt their supplies back then, and her brother would take the glory for it.  What they didn't plan was for XY not retreat but to go further to their country.  She led the way to the "wolf's mouth" (meaning into danger) but didn't plan on getting sick herself, and that XY would save her with their last supplies.  That's the only reason she helped him in the cave. XY had thought the whistle tune he heard was a dream during his coma, but from the carving he got later he realised she had summoned the wolf herself. When she got bitten by the wolf instead of him in the cave, he thought she had saved him because she was kind hearted.  But later he realised she did that because she had come up with a plan to use him to kill her father the King, then NX and her brother can take over during the warring mess. NX denies that she would have her father killed, but XY says that no one else would, but NX definitely would. NX hated her father as he had slept with her mother whilst drunk (raped?) and she had NX and her brother, but the King never cared for the children, even given them as prisoners of war.  XY says he knew all this back in her country, but kept is a secret as she had saved him from the wolf. He is saying this now because she has pushed him too hard. NX screams that it's XY who has pushed her too hard, she has given up everything for him, but he still wouldn't stay with her.  XY tells her to stop lying to herself, this is all he will say. He gives her the divorce paper to sign but NX knocks it out of his hand, asking him how he thinks the Emperor would punish his family if they divorced. Flashback to the Emperor asking XY if he is willing to use the iron tablet for CY, so he won't have to marry NX. What we didn't see was that afterwards the Emperor spoke with XY and told him that they had to act like that in front of the the diplomat from NX"s country, that they can't have NX"s country always threatening them. So XY is to pretend to accept the marriage, so that they will be let their guards down, XY will send men to blow up their iron mines, and kill the weapon making defectors to their country.  If the plan fails, then NX's country will make iron weapons and wage war against the Emperor and many people will die. NX is shocked. Mr Bai comes with a message saying that the iron mines will be blasted in 3 days.  NX says no way, the Emperor wouldn't give up on the mines, and her brother...... She realises he's in danger and runs off.  XY and Mr Bai gives chase and XY points his sword at NX.  NX says to kill her, Mr Bai shows her her brother's jade ring indicating they can kill him whenever.  XY says he will let her leave if she signs the divorce paper.  She says she will only sign it if it says SHE is divorcing him so he will be the laughing stock of his country.  XY says he doesn't care, either way it's just a piece of paper. He made her write the divorce paper so he could show CY to make her not worry.  He make her a deal, if she grants the divorce, he will let her go and maybe she will be in time to save her brother. 

Posting this first because I'm afraid we're going to lose power here.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

36 minutes ago, WinCee said:

Okay then, Ep 32 Part 1!

Reveal hidden contents

Picking up from end of Ep 31 - (halfway through a conversation between XC and XY about the mark behind CY's ear...)

XY says he won't believe anything unless CY says it's real herself. XC says that people can get hurt, how can XY still expect CY to not forget him after hurting her so much.  They are interrupted by XC's messenger announcing the arrival of Eunuch Go.  XC rushes to see th Eunuch Go thinking that the Emperor has awaken. But is told that the Royal Doctor says that the Emperor has been poisoned, although he won't die he needs to time to recover.  He says that the Emperor has been calling out CY's name in his sleep. XC says they will go and see the Emperor tomorrow.  Eunuch Go reports that the doors of the the city has been closed and they are looking for "that thing".  XC asks why Eunuch Go is here today, and he asks XC if XC and CY is real (as in the pregnancy).  XC says of course, XC and CY grew up together and is destined by Heaven to be together, since they have now been "discovered", then CY can stay by his side.  Eunuch Go cautions XC that even though the Emperor dotes on him, being with his "sister" CY is not a "morally right" occurrence, and it's best to not let this be known until after the baby is born.

CY sleeps  in bed with her eyes covered.  XY says to her that she always calls him her pillow, when in fact she is his pillow. He often has bad dreams at night, of his friends in the army sacrificing themselves for him, he's even dreamt of his own death. Everytime he wakes up and sees her by his side he feels safe, because he knows he now has a home, he can finally live like a normal person. NX is seen listening to this hiding round the corner. Flashback to XY and CY sleeping together holding hands. Back to the present CY stirs and pulls her hand away from XY and turns to sleep on her side. XY asks if she can hear him, or is it that she doesn't want to listen to him. He says that what XC said was true, XY has hurt her too deeply.  XY : If you can hear me, I  hope you can tell me that you and XC....... forget it, rest well, I'll stay here with you. XY covers CY's eyes again with the cloth.  NX walks in saying "Fine, you two are still together"  XY : "Which of your eyes saw that we are "together"? NX : A man and a woman in a room together, what else are you doing?  XY : "Good that you're here, let's talk outside"

Outside.  NX says to  XY that he would do whatever to look after CY, but NX has gone against her own country, not even caring for her own life, yet she only got his betrayal. XY asks by not wanting her life she is referencing the wolf incident.  NX : "So you still remember?  I helped a "white eyed wolf" (meaning ungrateful souls), you and CY are both ungrateful wretches"  XY laughs that NX is still clinging to the act, that she thinks she can keep up the pretense from the past?  In flashback XY  explains that he knew of NX and her brother's plan so NX had burnt their supplies back then, and her brother would take the glory for it.  What they didn't plan was for XY not retreat but to go further to their country.  She led the way to the "wolf's mouth" (meaning into danger) but didn't plan on getting sick herself, and that XY would save her with their last supplies.  That's the only reason she helped him in the cave. XY had thought the whistle tune he heard was a dream during his coma, but from the carving he got later he realised she had summoned the wolf herself. When she got bitten by the wolf instead of him in the cave, he thought she had saved him because she was kind hearted.  But later he realised she did that because she had come up with a plan to use him to kill her father the King, then NX and her brother can take over during the warring mess. NX denies that she would have her father killed, but XY says that no one else would, but NX definitely would. NX hated her father as he had slept with her mother whilst drunk (raped?) and she had NX and her brother, but the King never cared for the children, even given them as prisoners of war.  XY says he knew all this back in her country, but kept is a secret as she had saved him from the wolf. He is saying this now because she has pushed him too hard. NX screams that it's XY who has pushed her too hard, she has given up everything for him, but he still wouldn't stay with her.  XY tells her to stop lying to herself, this is all he will say. He gives her the divorce paper to sign but NX knocks it out of his hand, asking him how he thinks the Emperor would punish his family if they divorced. Flashback to the Emperor asking XY if he is willing to use the iron tablet for CY, so he won't have to marry NX. What we didn't see was that afterwards the Emperor spoke with XY and told him that they had to act like that in front of the the diplomat from NX"s country, that they can't have NX"s country always threatening them. So XY is to pretend to accept the marriage, so that they will be let their guards down, XY will send men to blow up their iron mines, and kill the weapon making defectors to their country.  If the plan fails, then NX's country will make iron weapons and wage war against the Emperor and many people will die. NX is shocked. Mr Bai comes with a message saying that the iron mines will be blasted in 3 days.  NX says no way, the Emperor wouldn't give up on the mines, and her brother...... She realises he's in danger and runs off.  XY and Mr Bai gives chase and XY points his sword at NX.  NX says to kill her, Mr Bai shows her her brother's jade ring indicating they can kill him whenever.  XY says he will let her leave if she signs the divorce paper.  She says she will only sign it if it says SHE is divorcing him so he will be the laughing stock of his country.  XY says he doesn't care, either way it's just a piece of paper. He made her write the divorce paper so he could show CY to make her not worry.  He make her a deal, if she grants the divorce, he will let her go and maybe she will be in time to save her brother. 

Posting this first because I'm afraid we're going to lose power here.... 

Oh no!! Hope everything is okay? Take care of yourself first!

• Like 2

Ep 32 Part 2 

Spoiler

CY wakes up and realises she can't see.  XC rushes to her side to reassure her she is at his house, that the Royal Doctor says the blindness is temporary. CY wonders why she heard fighting noises before.  XC wonders to himself where XY had gone. CY asks if the Emperor has really pardoned them. XC says yes, but that he had to tell teh Emperor that XC and CY are already.... CY smacks him and calls him crazy, and tries to rush to clarify things with the Emperor as not to wreck XC's future. XC says that more than wanting CY to be the Diviner, he is more concerned about whether she is pregnant with a royal child, since he only has 2 princes, he will not harm CY if he thinks she is pregnant with a royal heir. CY says that XC is regal and clean, how can he taint his name because of her, and how can he explain it to the girl he loves in future. XC marvels that she is still more worried about him in this situation, and reassures her that he already has someone he likes.  She is kind and smart, and would understand why he took these actions.  CY asks about the girl since XC has not mentioned her, XC is a bit stuck for words but says she is good to him, he is waiting for her to grow up and he will introduce her to CY. XC says that CY has to act according to their story, since Eunuch Go has been, more people will come and they can't find out the truth (that she is not pregnant) CY : how do I do that?  Cue XC coaching her on pregnancy expectations from a book : not eating cured food from the first month, if you really want you have to eat sour plum. CY only likes sweet things, tries a plum and spits it out saying it's too sour. XC then says she can't use the make up she has it's bad for the baby, so he will go and get a pregnancy-friendly one made. CY asks why it has to sound so real, XC says it has to as not to get found out.  He keeps reading and says she has to walk around a lot to avoid a difficult labour. CY asks to not take it so seriously, but XC is worried that Lady Su will send someone to test them since the Emperor will be making the decision on his successor soon. XC says next is the way they act, since they are now together and already have a baby on the way, she has to respect him... Why doesn't she call him XC GeGe? CY smacks him and says she can't say those words (hahahahaha) XC says OK I will call you "Yue Er" (Little Yue). CY says you can call me whatever. XC goes to get her tea and reminds her to be careful and to memorise all the things they talked about, otherwise...... CY : Otherwise what? XC : Otherwise.... I can't do anything else anyway. (haha). 

XY walks in but because CY is blind currently she thinks it's XC and asks why he's not speaking.  CY : OK OK, I'll listen to you. (She stands and curtsies) My Lord you have returned, Little Yue has waited for you for a long time (she is trying to be respectful to XC like he asked) Little Yue doesn't want to eat sweet, she wants to eat sour. Can you buy more sour food for Little Yue? Also I won't use this make up anymore, it's bad for the baby.  (XY is shocked since CY mentioned the baby, proving to him what XC said is true) Oh and My Lord please take me with you for walks, otherwise cooped up in this room, the baby will also be bored.  XY speaks : You sure have thought of everything. CY is shocked to hear XY "How come it's you?" XY : If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I could not imagine there's this side of you. CY was going to deny it but changes her mind. CY : There's no reason for you to ask.  We are divorced, we can have our own people to love. It's none of your business what I do with other people. XY : " None of my business right? What happened to the CY that wanted to elope with me, is she dead?"  CY " She didn't die, just her heart died."  XY : " You can hate me, you can even kill me, but I cannot allow you to degrade yourself like this. In my house, I treated you like a treasure, how come now you can treat yourself like a weed (trash)?"  CY : "I am vile and lowly, you don't need to remind me.  Even though I'm a princess, I was dependent on the Empress and XC to survive, of course I'm not as precious as your princess (NX). Now you are married to her, then don't waste your nights, go home quickly"  XY : " Fine, you don't know anything I've done for you.  You won't care whether we have a future together."  XY throws the divorce letter from NX on the ground.  CY stumbles up to go to XY and falls, XY goes to help her but yells : "If you can't see then don't move!"  CY : " What did you say just now? What future? What did you just throw down?"  XY sees the mark behind CY's ear and recalls his conversation with XC insinuating that he had left the mark on her when they were baby making. XY : " When he did that to you, what were you thinking?" CY : "Let go of me, this is the prince's house, be mindful of yourself!"  XY : "When he did that to you, did you tell him to be mindful of himself? TELL ME!" CY slaps him :" Get out, don't make me hate you, get out, GET OUT!"  XY leaves.  CY crumbles to the floor.  She picks up the divorce papers.

XY sitting on the ground at his house getting drunk.

Yikes I have to go sorry!  @angelflower if you get a chance can you finish? Otherwise I'll come back tomorrow night after work and finish it off.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

@WinCee thank you for the recaps admist your hectic times, I hope everything is well, and losing power meaning as in electricity not in energy or health. Please do take care.

Oh btw, I saw a compilation scenes that might be on the last 3 episodes

Spoiler

There a scene where XY was touching CY stomache while she was in sleeping mode, is she pregnant? Woohoo!

• Like 3

@angelflower & @WinCee & other who recap the drama for us, pls. take care for yourself first. I see that recap. takes much time & not easy work as we think at first. 

Don't worry, with the recap, I can prepare myself before watching the eps, it's so good. But when needed, I can be brave enough to face the sad scenes :D . And sometimes I laugh at myself when I follow the raw drama and don't understand what they say, try to understand some Chinese words :D

A funny bts

Am I crazy fan now? Yesterday I watched again the drama from eps 1. The beginning episodes are really funny :D

And I read 1 funny comment of an audience. She recorgnizes that in eps 11, 12'25, there is a woman wearing medical mask in picture. It's real :)) 

I don't dislike the drama because of it (but conversely do like it) , just mention it here to make fun :)

I think, they complete the drama and all the crew members are safe in pandemic time, it's already a success.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, hmrhn said:

@angelflower & @WinCee & other who recap the drama for us, pls. take care for yourself first. I see that recap. takes much time & not easy work as we think at first. 

Don't worry, with the recap, I can prepare myself before watching the eps, it's so good. But when needed, I can be brave enough to face the sad scenes :D . And sometimes I laugh at myself when I follow the raw drama and don't understand what they say, try to understand some Chinese words :D

A funny bts

Am I crazy fan now? Yesterday I watched again the drama from eps 1. The beginning episodes are really funny :D

And I read 1 funny comment of an audience. She recorgnizes that in eps 11, 12'25, there is a woman wearing medical mask in picture. It's real :)) 

I don't dislike the drama because of it (but conversely do like it) , just mention it here to make fun :)

I think, they complete the drama and all the crew members are safe in pandemic time, it's already a success.

This drama is special to me, bc it was filmed at the start of the pandemic, and through it,, even though there was so much uncertainty in China, the crew, actors, and others involved made something so wonderful with care and effort, when they could have just done less.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 7

oh no! @angelflower and @WinCee and anyone working on recaps/translations, i hope you're all well and in good condition before working on them! >< we love hearing about SP updates but it's also important to us that every SP fan stays safe and healthy!! thank you for the hard work and careful dedication, but also please remember to take care ♡

54 minutes ago, hmrhn said:

A funny bts

[video]

haha now you're making me want to rewatch the drama from the beginning too xD but omg!!! let me go find that in the episode lol

i found it!! haha instead of feeling strange about seeing that woman and her medical mask, i also like it bc i think sometimes these small things makes the drama more fun to watch! thanks for sharing, and i agree w you both that it's great that the whole SP crew achieved something this wonderful even through these tough times :") 

i love that bts clip!!!!! i love how they're all so playful with each other. my favorite part is our princess pretending to beat up the general and then leaving with NN.....yes, that's what his character deserves, even if it was just bts xD

Edited by honeytime
took out the video from the quote!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

@WinCee Your life seems so dramatic haha. Was there a power cut? But no worries, I can finish the last bit of the episode. Oh and actually I think there was a little bit in the beginning of Ep 32 - the Eunuch told XC that they had closed the gates of the city to look for DS.

To everyone else, I'm all good, no worries :) Thanks for all your concern, though. 

So here goes! 

Episode 32 Recap (Part 3):

Continuing from the part where XY is getting himself drunk, pouring it on himself in the garden in his house (also the part many of you are enjoying LOL). He thinks, "Everything that happened yesterday were only a fantasy; I was happy too soon (like celebrating too early). (He draws his sword and starts unleashing his pain) If you're wiling to be someone else's wife, why should I still see you? Why should I... still remember you?" He slashes through his precious plants, stopping at the Li Ren Flower, before collapsing on the ground. Aunt observes all this from a distance. Over at CY's place, she wipes away her tears, leaning against the chair.

DS tends to Lady Yun/ Fei Xue, saying that he still hasn't fulfilled his promise to her. He notes that it's only two more nights to a full moon (uh-oh... that means CY's going to be in trouble soon). His disciple comes in with medicine for him and asks what are his next steps. DS says he can't enter the King's body anymore so that plan has failed - the only solution left is poison gas. The disciple asks if he means the Killing Gas that leaves no grass alive within ten miles, and DS says he will do whatever it takes for Fei Xue.

Aunt goes to XC's place with the sword her brother used. She says that the sword has killed many, and should have the killing energy that will help CY sleep. Old Man Liao (if I didn't recognise wrongly lol - I can't remember the few elderly side characters haha) pulls XC aside and confirms what she says - he thinks that is probably why XY has the same strong killing aura, after the sacrifice of generations of generals in the Xue family. XC moves to accept the sword but Aunt insists that her servant, the mute page boy Xiao Sheng Zi, must take care of it since it's a family heirloom. XC has no choice but to agree.

XC meets the King, who is still ill. The King questions again if it's true that CY has a royal baby, and XC confirms it - XY has also entered at this point and is distressed again when he hears this. The King is angry, but pursues it no further until the baby is born, telling XC to keep it quiet to avoid scandal. The King says there is inner and outer turmoil in the country - he wants XC to take care of the inner turmoil and XY the outer. They both reassure him; XY says the mine will be blown up in two days (oh also two days...) and the traitorous workmen will be captured. 

Aunt goes to visit CY, presenting her with the sword and the page boy. CY tries to refuse them, saying that she can't accept but then Aunt asks, "Do you live in this room with Shun Wang?" CY instinctively replies, "Of course n.." before remembering that there might be spies, then she changes to say, "I didn't make the decision." Aunt notes that there is only one pillow, and thinks that the relationship might not be what is rumoured. She thinks, "The silly girl must have her own difficulties." CY feels bad that she's lying to Aunt as well. Aunt takes her leave and tells her to get well soon.

Back at Xue Manor, Aunt tells XY, "Of course the sword is just an ordinary sword. But I did all that for you." XY worries that if CY falls asleep, her life will be at risk. Aunt replies, "Of course I know that the real precious sword in our family is you", lightly touching his nose (hee I find this so cute). She reveals her grand scheme - she found out that XC has gone to take care of the King in the Palace, and the page boy will let XY in to see CY. XY says he can't because he promised not to see her again, and their statuses also don't make it possible. Aunt says that NX already drew the line with him, and she tells XY about there only being one pillow in CY's room. XY asks if she discovered anything, and Aunt doesn't do everything for him, "You want to know? Then go find out yourself!" Aunt says that he can't give up as long as the King hasn't given the decree for them to be married. XY is afraid that she will cry again if he sees her. Aunt says she's already laid the path for him; it's up to him to do whatever he wants. 

That night, CY is washing her feet in a basin. She calls out for TY before remembering that TY isn't there anymore, so she calls for the page boy. He taps her on the shoulder to let her know he's there. She asks for him to change her water for some warm water. He leaves and XY enters in his place. As XY nears with the basin, she thinks, "Why is there such a familiar scent? It smells like the smell of blood on XY". She stands up, calling him, "Xue Yao!" stepping into the basin by accident. Water splashes on the ground and XY holds out his sword for her to catch onto.  

CY thinks, "Ah.. it was the sword Aunt brought." She apologises and says that she must be mistaken. She thinks that the killing energy of the sword that Aunt meant must be the smell of blood. She is contrite towards him (she thinks she's talking to the page boy) and asks that he bears her mistakes and inconveniences that she will cause because of her eyes. She asks if he wants to tell her anything, holding out her palm for him to write on. He approaches but then changes his mind, picking up the basin instead. 

So begins a montage of him caring for her silently - tucking her in to sleep and sitting by her bedside, helping her put on shoes the next morning. He leads her from spot to spot, combs her hair and tucks her in at night. There's a really sweet moment when she sits up sleepily and reaches out, trying to make sure he's still there. She goes back to sleep once she confirms that he is (she must have had very restful sleep over the night(s?). XY looks at her as she sleeps contentedly. -End of Episode.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Oh man I had a dream they had two kids. I tried to continue it but couldn’t go back to sleep. Lmao

aiya we got two more nights and three more episodes...I’m nervous I don’t want it to end :brokenheart:

Awww he’s her precious pill pillow sword :teaze:

their each other’s pillow :wub:

they should just skip to two nights in the next episode

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

5 hours ago, Montato91 said:

Oh man I had a dream they had two kids. I tried to continue it but couldn’t go back to sleep. Lmao

aiya we got two more nights and three more episodes...I’m nervous I don’t want it to end they should just skip to two nights in the next episode 

They will have a boy named Xue Meng:wub:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

DS tends to Lady Yun/ Fei Xue, saying that he still hasn't fulfilled his promise to her. He notes that it's only two more nights to a full moon (uh-oh... that means CY's going to be in trouble soon).

On an unrelated but kind of related:

The moon will be full when these episodes air! It will officially be full on Sept. 2nd, and be full for 3 days, from Mon. - Thursday. According to Nasa this moon is called the Hungry Ghost moon, and there's a festival celebrated in Chinese culture at this time. I don't usually pay attention to this stuff but noticed how large the moon looks while driving recently after reading

@angelflower
recap.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 4

I just created an account to say thanks to @angelflower and the rest for your detailed recaps. I've been eagerly following Sleepless Princess and the experience has been much more enjoyable with your recaps. A big thank you for your time and effort :glee:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

On 8/30/2020 at 2:30 AM, angelflower said:

Episode 31 Recap (Part 2):

Hide contents

He brings his child to help keep CY awake - which works like a charm (Haha I'm guessing parents of young children will surely relate). The child cries all night - XC eventually leaves CY to deal with it by herself. CY is bitten as she tries to calm the child. 

I need a do-over of this scene with XY and preferably their own children. I'm sure our general wouldn't abandon our princess like XC did. I mean, come on, one word or look from XY and every child will calm down no matter how loud or rambunctious :D Although I wouldn't mind XY playing with kids, tell them stories or singing lullabies :love:  And when children are sleeping soundly in their own beds, parents can enjoy other activities :grin::blush:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Thank you @xiaoxf @suzy0604 @hmrhn @honeytime and everyone else who checked on me!  We've had bad storms here so we've had problems with the electricity and water supply here.  We keep getting brown-outs so wasn't sure if the electricity was going to be cut. We're okay now thank goodness!  

10 hours ago, angelflower said:

@WinCee Your life seems so dramatic haha. Was there a power cut? But no worries, I can finish the last bit of the episode. Oh and actually I think there was a little bit in the beginning of Ep 32 - the Eunuch told XC that they had closed the gates of the city to look for DS.

Reveal hidden contents

Oh yes that's the bit the Eunuch told XC about closing the gate to look for "the thing" but I didn't know it was referencing DS when I was translating it, my mandarin knowledge still has big holes in it oops, thanks!! 

I am now ready and looking forward to Eps 33 -35 to find out the answer to the remaing mysteries and have XY and CY back together again!

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1

This is how I imagined our Xue Yao characters would be like if his beloved brother, Xue Mu is still alive.

He's kind of free spirit but also can be a serious person.

But when Xue Mu died, he becomes kind of lifeless inside until our princess enter his life...

Drama from the clips used: Royal Nirvana (2019) as Gu Feng'en. Luo Jin & Li Yi Tong are the main leads here. He also become a general in this drama.

The difference is in The Sleepless Princess he become a general without mustache LOL

In his next historical drama he will acts as a second lead-_-

I hope this talented actor would has chance to acts as main lead in more historical dramas with a good script. 

And if he acts with Hu Yi Xuan again, I want this time he is the one who falls in love and chases her first. It's his turn LOL

• Like 5

@enzek Can't agree more - seeing XY when he is with his brother in a carefree spirit, putting the stem in his mouth, and joking about girls, that is a huge contrast to the present XY - who sealed himself and put people at a distance... I think war does that to a person as it seems this scene occurred before he heads out to war - but with his brother to share his thoughts and feelings, I am sure XY won't be as closed up as he is now. Poor XY... But I can see that happy, joking XY again when he is with CY on the street eating wonton and in the bookstore... She is his light when he is almost consumed in darkness... I am very touched by the fact that XY admitted that he needs CY to sleep...while CY needs XY to sleep is more of a necessity... XY needs for CY is because he experienced her warmth, her innocent, and her kindness... as if she is the one who can make him believe there is goodness in this world and after experiencing all the worst during war, he can only calm down and feel safe with her by his side.  

To this day I only watched bits and pieces of Royal Nirvana because it is simply a sad drama and GFY is a very sad character - As a production, I think it is very high quality but I just can't bring myself to watch tragedy...:tears: 

Although he is the second lead in his next historical drama, I think it will be another challenging role for him - He is a serious and talented actor who takes his acting, his characters, and the production very seriously. I am extremely looking forward to seeing him play Zhen Lan, a character with many layers. :D

I hope in the future he and Hu Yi Xuan can collaborate again, they have so much chemistry and both are very good actors with personalities that compliment each other very well. ^_^

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1