[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

I gave up on the English subs lmao I’m better off looking at their body language and guessing what they’re saying from what i know. I kinda picked up mandarin from what the world is going through lmao 

sadness quarantine got me understanding Korean and Chinese haha I guess it’s a good thing. :fiercebunny::coolshades:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, enzek said:

Whether Chu Yue truly know or not, I'm happy that we get some sweet moments of them together. 

All thanks to Xue Yao's aunt. If we just hoping for Xue Yao to do on his own, even 10 years later they might still not reconcile yet LOOL

I don't think Xing Chen is annoying. He just want to see his sister happy. Although he like Chu Yue, he never overstep the boundaries before this even after realized his feeling and let her be with Xue Yao. He even helped Chu Yue prepared for her second wedding. But then his sister got dumped on her second wedding and been imprisoned. How could he just watch it?

Yay for Na Xi get married and divorced as quick as a wink hahaha. At least Na Xi can't interrupt like the typical annoying wife that main male lead been forced to marry with when Xue Yao & Chu Yue reconcile. Our general is a two times divorcé now LOL

Yeah the plot is slow and off the track now but I still will watch this to the end. Zheng Ye Cheng chemistry with Hu Yi Xuan off the roof and their acting skill are great. And not to mentioned Hu Yi Xuan & Zheng Ye Cheng are a total eye candy together.

In all of Zheng Ye Cheng dramas, his costumes and hairstyle here is the most dashing one. Remind me when Hu Yi Xuan was asked for the questions in the MGTV interview that been read by Zheng Ye Cheng "Which look do you most like of me in the drama?" and she answered "I like most of all your look in the drama" same girl, same:wub: Then Zheng Ye Cheng pretend to vomit ahahah

Lol,  so true about Aunty coming in and being sensible.  I think XY is more frustrating and I do agree with you, that XC has never overstepped, I'm glad he's there, bc CY needs support. Which is why I still like him as a character, he's not a scheming 2nd ML, and he really loves CY, most 2ML in other dramas, turn out to be the bad guy, I get why he stepped in. XY failed CY, and from the start he's said to XY that if he ever hurt her or made her unhappy XC would take her away. I've been annoyed bc of the  "parade of bachelors" for CY, which made her fall asleep bc he rejected them all. Both ML are making decisions without CY consent and input, they want to protect her, but should also communicate their plans. I get he was trying to get her to see him as a prospective husband, but it was just cringy, then forcing her into another marriage, just expecting her to go along with it. I'm annoyed with the writers, lol.

• Like 4

@angelflower  Lots of comments about how it's one misunderstanding after the other, because of the lack of communication - which is odd because this was not what CY was like before (though XY was always stoic and not one to explain himself, and still is, from the looks of it). I'm going to have to watch to see if I like how they developed that, or if her character's regressed.

>>> I am not sure if she regressed? I think at some point of our lives as @xiaoxf said Emotions cloud logic. And they are both being emotional about the situation they are in. They love each other dearly and both made sacrifices for love and for country. Though, XY is probably a lot more logical, but the thought that she is pregnant with XC's child is driving him nuts. Remember, to him, she is the pillow, the one person that gives him emotional stability and security, and he can't stand the thought of losing that. And going by her emotions, when she was blind, and when she heard him say something about their future (a comment CY made), she took a step forward towards him and lost her balance (coz she was blind). Deep in her heart, despite everything, she still wants a future with him - that is very clear. And certain words just trigger the both of them and drive them towards being illogical...

Seems like NX is EVIL! >>> In the love aspect, she is the "I will win your love at all costs" character, as the ends justify the means, quite typical of dramas. But on plotting to kill her father (?) or the Leader of her country, yup that is evil.

@enzek yah, their chemistry is amazing. I was watching CY's facial expressions, she is truly lovable and if I were a guy, I would wanna reach out and protect her too! So, I get exactly how XC and XY feel :D

@xiaoxf the pregnancy plot may be lame (at least from an audience's perspective) but to XC, this is the only way he can figure out to protect CY from the Emperor, she carries the royal blood and that has always been valued ... AND I am enjoying how it's driving XY nuts at the though of losing her. He deserves it for putting her through the stuff he did to her like throwing her into the torture chamber, making her target practice and all sorts of other emotional upheavals...... [rubbing my hands in glee]

• Like 3

@angelflower

& @SC2019

I've seen the comments about the misunderstandings piling up, and I'm sure it's by design from the writer's but also I think that it can be possible for two people to misunderstand one another this much when they're not saying what needs to be said. The conflict is believable.  In ep 29 - 30 CY tries but XY has already put up the walls, it's really sad watching the light in her eyes fade each time XY comes to visit her in jail, she's happy to see him,  believing he is there to see her,  but he's so distant.  Ep. 31 - 32 is CY giving up on trying,  just as she says,  the girl who has the guts to runaway with you is still here,  her love for you is dead.  What explanation does she owe him, from an emotional or logical POV? None. Plus,  she needs to protect XC and protect herself,  she can't be sure of his intentions,  there's no more trust there.  Also, lots of disappointment. I dont like the fake pregnancy plot but I see logically how it makes sense. I also love the fact that it's tearing XY up inside thinking that CY slept with XC,  he deserves it :naughty:

CY is being the logical one, when XY confronts her about sleeping with XC and XY is being emotional. XY really desires to build a family with CY, he's shown it twice already: once after the maids are rude to CY and he said he would keep that wooden tool for their son or daughter, then he proposes faking a pregnancy (but we know he really wants to get her pregnant) again later right after they are forced to separate as a solution to nullify the divorce order. Then he's very visibly upset when she's officiating his wedding to NX when she says the line about children, up until that point, he's been able to keep himself in check, by being cold towards her, even as she says to him that witnessing him marry someone else will help her let go, but when she says the line about wishing them a child, he loses his cool and NX has to reign him in. CY keeps her cool and doesn't back down at all from his intense gazes. :bawling:

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Love your guys satisfied comments about XY going crazy over CY fake pregnancy. Y’all crack me up :ilike:whenever XY stares at CY, it gives me butterflies in my stomach. I die every time he looks at her trying to figure her out. :bashful:These two chemistry is on another level for me. Haven’t been into a drama like this in a while.

• Like 6

Oh boy I'm glad I'm not the only one who's having a feast seeing the emotionally tourchered XY when jealousy is eating his inside. That drunken scene is truly a gift, and it a blessing aunt sees that and decide to make a move for XY.

I agree, that when its comes to being jealous, XY was the least rational and always clouded with emotion, remember when he was bitten by snake and how crazily possesive he was over a dream (granted he was under the influence of poison), then when XC brings a lot of possible candidate for CY husbands, he loosed his cool. I mean if he was rational, he would know that there is no way CY would give herself to XC, she sees XC as her precious litter brother, a family.

XC is becoming one of my fave SML in drama land, sure he is not perfect. But, he always put CY happines and well being above anything else : above power, status and himself. The only reason he venture into business was to make sure CY will be living comforably when they leave the palace (as the planned before). Did you guys notice he often paint CY and write poems next to it in his free time (his rolls of paintings is stack up somewhere lol). I don't think he will reveal his true feelings to CY, and would rather to have CY sees him as family than to lose her. Another sad love story beside XM. I hope the writer could give XC a new love interest.

Could someone explain to me whete is TY? Did she and CY had a fight?

• Like 5

@suzy0604

I wasn't paying too much attention,  but I think I remember CY wonders about TY too, at the end of ep 32, when she calls for the mute page boy (forgot his name) > think she calls out for TT accidentally,  she was moved to XC palace and I don't think she knows what happened to TY,  and we don't either. NX might still be using her palace?  Don't think she got moved into Xue mansion.

• Like 1

@angelflower thank you so much for the recap and translation! As always you did amazing job.

I saw in sweetgaeja instagram, there a scene where XC was beating and kicking XY probably for dumping CY in her wedding day (perhaps from ep 29 or 30 which I skip). Oh yea, I would be lying if I say I'm not loving it.. *evillaugh

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I just rewatched the wedding scene, CY is so composed, I don't know if I would say it's because she's calm and emotionally grounded or that she is in such a state of shock that she is just going through the motions, only to have the emotions hit her later. But going by how the tears flowed after the wedding procession left the palace grounds, I would say it's the latter. I am so glad XC is there for her or rather I am so glad the scripwriter placed XC there for her, without which I think this show would be unbearable.

And I finally realised now why CY's maid is missing. She felt that she has been remiss or negligent in taking care of CY, failing to honour her word to XM. So, she doesn't have the courage to face CY anymore. This explanation was provided by the maid to XC, immediately after the wedding.  So that explains things...

OK, I made some edits to my earlier summary after re-watching it a second time. In my eyes at least, XY has somewhat redeemed himself. He forced NX to write a divorce letter/document, intending to show it to CY so that it would placate her/ soothe her aching heart (his intention)  as opposed to drafting a document himself and getting NX to sign it (I think).

• Like 4

Hi everyone!  Real life has been so hectic I am for the first time really behind in Sleepless Princess!!  Just reading all your commentary now I'm not sure if I should wait till after the last episode before catching up?  I don't want to be left hanging feeling sad until the next episodes! :bawling:

• Like 2

@WinCee welcome back.. hope SP could provide entertainment after those hectic times. Maybe you could watch ep. 31-31, there are some satisfying scenes, like the down falm of NX and brooding druken XY.

@SC2019 ah.. so thats why she's been missing, I guess for the plot she need to be away for awhile for the "page boy" to enter the scene. I hope she come back later on..

• Like 3

Welcome back @WinCee

Hoping that things are alright for you in RL, even if they are hectic! If you want to you can wait,  they are tough episodes to get through,  that's why they are so unpopular lol, since I need subs I skipped a lot that wasn't our main leads,  so I don't know much about what's going on outside of them but the ep. are growing on me as I rewatch them.

@SC2019

Thanks for letting us know what happened to TY, I skipped CY's scene bc already was too sad from the wedding.  Still waiting for XY to grovel more, especially so CY can actually see it :D.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

20 hours ago, Montato91 said:

right I was going to say wouldn’t his arm be all tough. I’m sure she knows it’s him she’s smart lol she’s probably making him suffer a little haha he needs to believe in her more it’s not the first time he thought she slept with someone. They need to learn how to communicate better but it shows that not all couples do and I kinda like that I mean without the miscommunication us audience wouldn’t be so annoyed going crazy 

In which episode that Xue Yao thought Chu Yue slept with someone other than episode 32? Feel like I miss it:huh:

Actually after Chu Yue falls for Xue Yao, from when they still married until before he married Na Xi, she tried to communicate with him many times. She confessed to him about her feeling, told him her secret at dinner (although at that times he only thinking about his brother), gave him second chance after she knew he used her as a bait and even asked him the reason to understand him and also asked why did he marry Na Xi. So I don't blamed her if she felt hopeless after he married Na Xi and mad at him when he mentioned why she just let Xing Chen slept with her. 

I mean she tried many things before for their relationship but he always been secretive and jump into conclusions easily. Now it his turn to fix their relationship.

2 hours ago, Montato91 said:

I miss XY kicking pushing doors knocking down tables yelling “Xu Chu Yue!!” And telling her to come back home with him. 

And when she didn't listen to him, he just carry her like a potato sack LOL

Actually I wonder when Zheng Ye Cheng got this drama's script, did it already mentioned there that the main male lead gonna carry the main female lead many times?

Or the writer, director & production team just filming one of this carry scene and thought "OMG! Zheng Ye Cheng looks so cool while carrying Hu Yi Xuan effortlessly! Let us filming he carry her like 67243546 times after this then!":glee:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

58 minutes ago, enzek said:

In which episode that Xue Yao thought Chu Yue slept with someone other than episode 32? Feel like I miss it:huh:

When she was taken by the Marquis, he lied to XC and XY that he raped CY. Also,  NN lied to XY about this too. This is how CY  learns that XY keeps the visions away,  bc he thinks she got raped and stays with her all night to protect her, CY starts to fall for him after this,  bc he treats her gently. He even changes his clothes incase it reminds her of the Marquis.

2 hours ago, xiaoxf said:

Welcome back @WinCee

Hoping that things are alright for you in RL, even if they are hectic! If you want to you can wait,  they are tough episodes to get through,  that's why they are so unpopular lol, since I need subs I skipped a lot that wasn't our main leads,  so I don't know much about what's going on outside of them but the ep. are growing on me as I rewatch them.

Thank you!!  I think I might do the same and skim through the main leads bits and then catch up after I watch the ending (next week!!) 

3 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

@WinCee welcome back.. hope SP could provide entertainment after those hectic times. Maybe you could watch ep. 31-31, there are some satisfying scenes, like the down falm of NX and brooding druken XY.

brooding and drunken XY sounds like what I need to de-stress right now!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, xiaoxf said:

When she was taken by the Marquis, he lied to XC and XY that he raped CY. Also,  NN lied to XY about this too. This is how CY  learns that XY keeps the visions away,  bc he thinks she got raped and stays with her all night to protect her, CY starts to fall for him after this,  bc he treats her gently. He even changes his clothes incase it reminds her of the Marquis.

Oh that. But he thought she been raped. 

I watch ep 32 and realized that while Xue Yao asked Chu Yue how could she let Xing Chen did that to her, he shakes her arm strongly.

Yes he suffering so much when he think that Chu Yue pregnant with Xing Chen's baby LOL:popcornjackson:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1