[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

oh gosh everyone has such amazing things to share! wish i could respond to everyone..long post ahead!

@enzek ty for sharing!! I especially love the picture of them with the staff....ohmygoodness my poor heart!!!

Spoiler

and i agree that their sweet chemistry is not only evident in the drama but also behind the scenes....them spending time together and bouncing ideas/suggestions off each other must have made them become much much closer to each other than before. they're probably really comfortable around each other to joke a lot and be so silly together..the way they share their laughter and their bright energies, oh it makes my heart fall in love with them ♡♡♡ i also just love love Love the way zyc laughs so much after hyx says something....like you mentioned, their bashfulness and giddiness together is incredibly adorable q__q and i have to agree with @Montato91 .....i won't even be mad if they do date xD if the opportunity comes and everything works out between them...i give them my blessings!!

@Montato91 that's a really good thought! hopefully the writers wrapped this mystery up well in the end!!

@suzy0604 throughout the drama i was sooo scared XC might become the villain...i was getting nervous in case he would become evil after getting too jealous of XY. fortunately he didn't become evil (so far..i still have good faith that he won't) but instead continued to be such a strong place of support for CY. i was really thankful for that and as he kept protecting CY, he became one of my favorite characters. he's really supportive and loving towards CY, and i admire him for his genuine and thoughtul actions towards her. he put her first so many times..i was incredibly sad when he bravely refused to see CY bc he needed space and time away from her. but YES if they kill him i will be so mad..i will personally have a zoom meeting w the writers, hmph!!!!! but lol my thinking is like others: maybe he'll become the king and finally help free his sister ;;; my other wish is for him to have his own love interest sighs he deserves it

oh im the same, this is the first drama I've seen zyc in! i admit he's really grabbed ahold of me and now i can't go back!! he's soo skilled and on top of that he's so lovable and cute haha and i have to agree with you @Montato91; i can't bring myself to watch his other dramas! i don't mind much about the visuals, but they're just not that interesting to me, sorry >< and TY and Mr. Bai.....hmm, not too bad lol

i love @suzy0604 and @pa ma 's theories of how and when ml and fl fell in love.....i wonder when it was that /i/ fell in love with them so hard and deeply like this haha xD

• Like 3
  • Love 1

sorry for the double-post but LOL y'all are too funny!!!!!

:cutekitty:

@enzek and @Montato91 i totally agree..zyc looks ESPECIALLY stunning and just  b e a u t i f u l  in this drama...there are sooo many times where I've found myself in complete awe of how he looks...the small details in his outfits and even the way his hair(wig) is styled..all that is just a bonus tho bc he is already soo handsome plus his performance in the drama makes him So likeable *__* i can't imagine a better XY bc zyc has a perfect body/build to be our general and he just seems so reliable and warm x( oh man I'm in Love!!!

:heart4:

okay but as much as i LOVE zyc.....hyx is probably one of the biggest reasons i got hooked to this drama in the first place!! i usually use the word "charming" to describe male characters/actors that i like, but this time I really have to say that hyx is the charming one who is just Bursting with charm..she's absolutely irresistible!!! beginning-XY, i feel your struggle!!

wish i could upload gifs onto here lol i made a couple gifs of our princess on my phone ><

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@honeytime I hope so too because I’m tired of XY not being able to catch the bad guys. He could have caught them long ago. Lol 

I’ve read the summary of all his dramas and seen the pictures it never caught my attention, although I’ve always wanted to watch his dramas, he’s so cute but the other dramas weren’t my cup of tea. I didn’t really like the outfits and hair but this one oh man he looks more mature and manly, and I like cold characters in the men lol Spazzing over him again :winkx: I’m not really a ancient romance drama kind of gal I like mystery and fighting ancient dramas hence I gave this one a try, and I love it :hypehype: 

I like the good kind of fightings the ones that don’t look fake. The fighting scenes here are too slow, and there’s too much of flying in slow motion it drives me insane :persevere: like when XY flew in the water scene and stopped in mid air and spun like a washing machine I was like :what!: 

TY and Mr. Bai looked cute in the Behind the scenes haha 

I fell in love with them after the wedding when he found her in the chest that kick and push in the face she gave him was hilarious that’s when I knew these two were the one. I knew she was going to drive him insane :loolz: 

i like this drama because both leads are smart. CY might be naive and vulnerable, but she’s clever. She gets things pretty quickly and can save herself until XY comes to help. She’s not dumb like other main girls in ancient dramas. And she tries to understand XY forgiving him many times. The way they care for each other balances out. He uses her as bait but made sure she was safe, and  he was able to save her. She could have told the king about him sneaking into the palace, but she never did. 

sorry for the long post I got carried away lol...the plot might suck but the main leads chemistry makes me forget about it and focus only on them to continue the drama. I’m looking forward to her falling asleep for a year and how hurt he must be and of course I want to see her turn into a tiger and him taming her. Lol :please::fullofhearts:

XY has a criminal record in my heart or is it ZYC :heart4:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Chit chat more please! I'm enjoying the show here!

You all are lovable making it easier for me to wait for one more day. Thanks!

It's my first drama of both the leads and I've all kinds of clips, photos, snaps, raw episodes, posters of them in my phone now. I keep rewatching them all. 

For me more than their chemistry and ZYC( which is awesome), it's Chu Yue and HYX both! She has become a girl crush, her smile gosh! Her expressions, reactions everything. Such a bright light. I cannot see anyone else playing her character. Too cute for words.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I've been visiting this forum for a while now to quietly read but this drama really compelled me to create an account. And I'm still new to posting comments so I don't know how you all tag each other. Hahaha 

Just wanted to say that I love ALL his outfits (incl the wedding attires) it's like it's tailored made, the embroidery and it even looks nice in action scenes when he turns. I also like CY's outfits so flowy and light. NX's outfits and hair deco are also very nice. 

Agree with most of you that it's the combi of ZYC and HYX that makes this drama super addictive and adorable. I saw ZYC's previous dramas before, incl Love of Thousand Years with Zhou Lusi (who is also a cute actress) and I was by far not this crazy where I can just repeatedly watch past episodes without getting bored. The chemistry ZYC and HYX have is just magic and super attractive. 

• Like 6

Just now, xiaoxf said:

Was just gonna say previews are out! But, can't post them.

Ofcourse can't post. Yayyy I'm happy already with them together! After waiting for so many days! Finally it's happening! Tomorrow is gonna be nice.

• Like 2

For those who like ZYC, give his drama called Let's Shake It a try! It's a totally different feel compared to TSP, it's a Scifi RomCom, that doesn't take itself serious, and parodies historical romantic Cdramas. It's a short drama, only 25 ep. The premise is very strange but it surprised me. It has two seasons, the second season is also 25 ep. The only downside is that It's not subbed by MangoTv, the first season is fully fan subbed, and the second season is subbed only up to ep. 15 by the same team, but not completed. You will have to dl the episodes too. That's why I haven't recommended it. I finished season 1 while waiting for TSP, hehe, I was supposed to just casually watch it, but couldn't help but binge all of the first season, and am waiting to start s.2 since it's not fully subbed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, keryl said:

Chit chat more please! I'm enjoying the show here!

You all are lovable making it easier for me to wait for one more day. Thanks!

It's my first drama of both the leads and I've all kinds of clips, photos, snaps, raw episodes, posters of them in my phone now. I keep rewatching them all. 

For me more than their chemistry and ZYC( which is awesome), it's Chu Yue and HYX both! She has become a girl crush, her smile gosh! Her expressions, reactions everything. Such a bright light. I cannot see anyone else playing her character. Too cute for words.

Come and join us! Just post whatever your opinions related to this drama. The more the merrier!

13 hours ago, pa ma said:

I've been visiting this forum for a while now to quietly read but this drama really compelled me to create an account. And I'm still new to posting comments so I don't know how you all tag each other. Hahaha 

Welcome Welcome!

To tag other member, you use the symbol @ and then type the other member username near the symbol @ and then click the member username that you want to tag that appear on black box with the list of other member username.

For example, @pa ma so it become @pa ma. Hope this help!

I'm a bit sad that tomorrow is the last week of our drama. Happy to meet and interacted with all of you here. I will become busy with my work after this huhu

And thank you so much to our biggest contributor of the drama recaps @angelflower  @WinCee

Love this fan art! As cute as our couple:D

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEmbTD1pYsM/

credit to owner

This fanart too. So beautiful. Can you recognise our couple scenes from the fanart?

credit to rr @visual606 on twitter

One of our general secret that gives him strength to carry his princess whether ala bride carry or ala potato sack carry style if situation need it:P

From one of the bts clip. 

Zheng Ye Cheng hide Hu Yi Xuan phone so when she realized it missing she searched on his clothes and then she found it LOL

credit to rr @visual606 on twitter

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

35 minutes ago, keryl said:

Ofcourse can't post. Yayyy I'm happy already with them together! After waiting for so many days! Finally it's happening! Tomorrow is gonna be nice.

Lol,  I didn't mean it can't be posted at all,  I just don't know how to! I'm sure someone will find a link,  I haven't seen them on instagram or Twitter yet.

4 minutes ago, xiaoxf said:

Lol,  I didn't mean it can't be posted at all,  I just don't know how to! I'm sure someone will find a link,  I haven't seen them on instagram or Twitter yet.

Lmao I meant same too. I don't know how to post them here.

• LOL 2

Attempted translation of preview for 33 (feel free to offer corrections, anybody):

Spoiler

CY:  You are my beloved. In exchange, I am your beloved. This is our status.  Signed?

XY:  Signed. [they kiss]. 

CY:  Do you want this bun?

XY:  This bun is very soft. So soft … just like your face yesterday evening. I can’t bear to bite it. 

CY speechlessly drops her spoon. 

XY:  Pig head. Better let me do it. 

CY: But… [She looks over and we see Mr. Bai and several soldiers ].

XY:  Mr. Bai!  Didn’t I say I’ll leave when I’ve fed her?

B: General…we’ve been waiting here a long time. 

XY: [Growls fiercely]. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 7

18 minutes ago, Phroggies said:

Attempted translation of preview for 33 (feel free to offer corrections, anybody):

Hide contents

CY:  You are my beloved. In exchange, I am your beloved. This is our status.  Signed?

XY:  Signed. [they kiss]. 

CY:  Do you want this bun?

XY:  This bun is very soft. So soft … just like your face yesterday evening. I can’t bear to bite it. 

CY speechlessly drops her spoon. 

XY:  Pig head. Better let me do it. 

CY: But… [She looks over and we see Mr. Bai and several soldiers ].

XY:  Mr. Bai!  Didn’t I say I’ll leave when I’ve fed her?

B: General…we’ve been waiting here a long time. 

XY: [Growls fiercely]. 

Omg I went back to watch it I’m dying smiling like an idiot. He’s back to Mr. Grouch with a touch of flirt. :what!: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

22 minutes ago, Phroggies said:

Ok, General Xue Yao, tell us honestly where did you learn to smooth talk like this? Is it Mr. Bai again? :rubchin:

• LOL 6