[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

@WinCee I understand your situation a bit. Because there are storms every year in my country, but not in my city. Glad to hear that it's ok at your place now.

@xiaoxf I just want to chit chat with you a bit about the full moon :) 

The things that is related to the drama will be written in bold characters:)

On 8/31/2020 at 8:36 AM, xiaoxf said:

DS tends to Lady Yun/ Fei Xue, saying that he still hasn't fulfilled his promise to her. He notes that it's only two more nights to a full moon (uh-oh... that means CY's going to be in trouble soon).

On an unrelated but kind of related:

The moon will be full when these episodes air! It will officially be full on Sept. 2nd, and be full for 3 days, from Mon. - Thursday. According to Nasa this moon is called the Hungry Ghost moon, and there's a festival celebrated in Chinese culture at this time. I don't usually pay attention to this stuff but noticed how large the moon looks while driving recently after reading

@angelflower
recap.

Oh, you make me understand why my meditation teacher usually let us meditate on 16th, not only 15th (official full moon, moon calendar).

It's said that energy in Full moon is amplified. In this time, if you are sad, you will be sadder, if you are in peace, you will be more peaceful, silent ....., some sensitive people can't sleep at full moon night.

I think, base on that theory, DS wants to have CY in full moon and have the energy of divine stone amplified to rescue his woman.

It's easy to see that the moon influences to the earth, most clearly to the Ocean tide. Ocean tide goes highest in full moon. In human body, there is mainly water (75%), and we (our emotion / the moving energy  - symbolized as water) are influenced by the moon too. 

Last Sunday & Monday, the moon was bright and round. I looked at it on the way back home too. It's a beautiful nature creature in the city's sky.

My mixed & a little down mood is emerged today, don't know if it's because of the full moon or not :)

As you said, there is a festival in this full moon. It is to remember the Mothers, and besides, to forgive the wounded, misery, guilty souls, who are let free out from the hell just this month before 15th July (moon calendar). There is an article, which reminds me that we're in some way, the wounded souls  like that, it's the time to forgive ourselves too.

@Montato91 you are really into this drama haha... it comes even to your dream :))

@averia :D I don't dare to dream like you. How can XY be a general, busy to fight all the day long and then come back home to help his wife taking care of  the child at night and also be so romantic as well :)) An ideal man for all women, right? :))

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

@pa ma welcome!! i also created an account to thank the wonderful people in this thread post haha

19 hours ago, averia said:

Although I wouldn't mind XY playing with kids, tell them stories or singing lullabies

oh gosh when you said this i was reminded of the yt video i watched of zyc with a small girl actress..let me find it and share it with you all ;___;

love it when he read/sang with her, and when he played rock paper scissors with her!!! he is soooo sweet and cute with her i cryyyy and it's soo funny how he seems to want to play more than she does xD 

@enzek thanks for sharing! i can totally imagine this is how XY might've been if his brother was still alive....so sad :( thankful to our princess for bringing life back into his dark lonely days ~

and omggg @enzek @BreezeC i can only pray that hu yi xuan and zheng ye cheng can act in another project as love interests......if they do i wishhh that it will be a really cute and sweet romcom haha one where, yes, he falls for her at first sight and sweetly chases her ♡__♡

9 hours ago, BreezeC said:

@enzek ...she is his light when he is almost consumed in darkness... I am very touched by the fact that XY admitted that he needs CY to sleep...while CY needs XY to sleep is more of a necessity... XY needs for CY is because he experienced her warmth, her innocent, and her kindness... as if she is the one who can make him believe there is goodness in this world and after experiencing all the worst during war, he can only calm down and feel safe with her by his side.  

omg i got tears in my eyes after reading what you wrote here...very well put q__q i love this couple so much ohmy goodness 

@xiaoxf @hmrhn thanks for the interesting bits about the moon!! I've always been intrigued about the moon..

sorry for the long post! being on here is just giving me a little bit of happiness and peace these days >< ahh i still need to find some time to read the recent two episode recaps 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Montato91 said:

Saw a clip he’s back to carrying her like a sack of rice...:please:

@hmrhn yes I’m into this drama their too cute together. One is cold the other causes a ruckus their perfect for each other lmao :joy::love:

What clip? Can share? 

• Like 1

....tell me, how is it possible that even after watching scenes like this over and over again, i still feel sooooooo happy as if it's my first time watching ittt

the subs for episodes 19 and 20 are still showing chinese instead of english on youtube so I'm rewatching these to save myself from the thirst lol and hopefully tonight I'll find a good bit of time to read the recent recaps!!!

love how she's softly tracing over his face...and she got worried when his face started getting red xDD they barely did anything but this moment felt so intimate and sweet ohmyyyy and when he knocked on the side of the bed to offer his pinky...oh gosh he knocked right into the doors of my heart 

:heart2beat:

anyway i hope y'all are doing well ♡♡

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Montato91 said:

Saw a clip he’s back to carrying her like a sack of rice...

We are happy that this old habit of our general die hard hahah

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEl-hcTBv_p/?utm_source=ig_embed

credit to sweetgaeja

Hmm, now I know one of the reason of why our princess and our general have great chemistry that it off the roof.

They are so into their characters even after they already finished filming.

They are still in their own bubble while taking pictures with the staffB)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEmKIf0BjXs/

credit to sweetgaja

Spoiler

In my opinion, during the time by time they working together, slowly, they both feel attraction with each other, more than just a co-worker. I don't mean that now they are dating or like that. But surely they become attracted at each other, as a man and a woman.

From my observations, in the all of this drama bts that I watch, Hu Yi Xuan was kinda bit obvious while Zheng Ye Cheng was kinda more subtle. But I understand her though. I mean, hey, it's Zheng Ye Cheng LOL:P

https://www.instagram.com/p/CERgKF6hu6w/

Then they become more comfortable together that they laying around with just the two of them on at the bed at end of shooting before the crew came in to give flower to celebrate.

And on their latest MGTV interview,

after I analysed their body languages (her expression whenever he talking about his opinion about her and his expression whenever she talking about her opinion about him, all the stare and smile they give at at each other throughout the interview), in my opinion, their bashfulness and giddiness are on the same level now;)

Anyway I'm watching their bts and interview video on my laptop full screen because I want to see their expressions clearly. Look at what they did to me hahah:sweatingbullets:

Some parts of the interview been translated here:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEVKSxGqz7Y/?utm_source=ig_embed

Credit to drama_queen_updates

But it not necessary mean they should be together or like that. They so cute and lively together even they are just being friends. All of these are just my opinions so I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, enzek said:

credit to sweetgaeja

Hmm, now I know one of the reason of why our princess and our general have great chemistry that it off the roof.

credit to sweetgaja

Reveal hidden contents

In my opinion, they both feel attraction with each other, more than co-worker. I don't mean that now they are dating or like that. But they are surely attracted at each other, as a man and a woman.

In my observations, in the drama bts, Hu Yi Xuan was kinda bit obvious while Zheng Ye Cheng was kinda gradual and subtle. But I understand her though. I mean, hey, it's Zheng Ye Cheng LOL:P

While on their latest MGTV interview,

after I analysed their body languages (her expression whenever he talking about his opinion about her and his expression whenever she talking about her opinion about him, all the stare and smile they give at at each other throughout the interview), in my opinion, their bashful and giddiness are on the same level;)

Anyway I'm watching their bts and interview video on my laptop full screen because I want to see their expressions clearly. Look at what they did to me hahah:sweatingbullets:

But it not necessary mean they should be together or like that. They so cute and lively together even they just being friends. All of these are just my opinions so I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

I saw those pics and videos too, and omg I screamed inside lol the way he stares at her in the drama just kills me. Heck if they do date, I won’t even be mad lmao That means Xue Yao and Chu Yue are together :happy2::hooray2:

I really can’t picture anyone else playing XY and CY besides them. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, enzek said:

credit to sweetgaeja

credit to sweetgaja

Hide contents

In my opinion, during the time by time they working together, slowly, they both feel attraction with each other, more than just a co-worker. I don't mean that now they are dating or like that. But surely they become attracted at each other, as a man and a woman.

From my observations, in the all drama bts, Hu Yi Xuan was kinda bit obvious while Zheng Ye Cheng was kinda more subtle. But I understand her though. I mean, hey, it's Zheng Ye Cheng LOL:P

https://www.instagram.com/p/CERgKF6hu6w/

Then they become more comfortable together that both of them can laying on the bed at the end of shooting before the crew came in to give flower to celebrate.

And on their latest MGTV interview,

after I analysed their body languages (her expression whenever he talking about his opinion about her and his expression whenever she talking about her opinion about him, all the stare and smile they give at at each other throughout the interview), in my opinion, their bashful and giddiness are on the same level now;)

But it not necessary mean they should be together or like that. They so cute and lively together even they are just being friends. All of these are just my opinions so I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Looks like the last scene they filmed was

Spoiler

When CY turns into a tiger and we get a more passionate kiss!!! :blush:You can see her ears are fluffy,  and ZYC is in the blue robe/ outfit

Also,  I saw on Instagram someone reposted a still photo,  and

Spoiler

It's a either freeze frame or another angle of XM carrying CY out, he also has the memorial tablets,  but you see a figure dressed in black in the back (DS assassins?!) SO, he didn't die only bc of the fire, maybe CY didn't start it either. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 3

Spoiler

I’m sure DS used CY to lure XM out to kill him, or XM was just there at the wrong place at the wrong time. XM was always guarding her, so maybe it was hard for DS to get to her. :idk:just a thought.
unless XM found out about DS and FX affair, so DS wanted him dead. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Montato91 said:

I saw those pics and videos too, and omg I screamed inside lol the way he stares at her in the drama just kills me. Heck if they do date, I won’t even be mad lmao That means Xue Yao and Chu Yue are together

I really can’t picture anyone else playing these XY and CY besides them. 

Spoiler

The way Zheng Ye Cheng stares at all of his love interests in the dramas make me screamed LOL

Boy is a talented actor:D

Even Hu Yi Xuan admitted this:

"When we are filming, when the camera man shouted 3,2,1 start, he will change into a different person"

So I have to analyse him more in the bts and interview hehe

Now I know what does he means with "strange feeling" and "When I look into her eyes, my emotions get really intense":tounge_wink:

On 8/25/2020 at 6:12 AM, angelflower said:

Translation: 

Hide contents

*Note: When it's the actors, I'll initial as their real names, but if it's obviously them in character, I'll just use their character's names.

XY is rehearsing the kiss scene with the staff and HYX.
HYX: I was very shy when we first filmed a kiss scene - (ZYC: What's that?!) because we didn't know each other well at the beginning, and we had to film a kiss scene. So my ears were really red that day - it was constantly red. I think we filmed for 2-3 hours, and my ears stayed red the whole time. It's too embarrassing.

ZYC: There's a strange feeling working with Yi Xuan. When I look into her eyes, my emotions get really intense (lit. like rising and rolling over and over. Oh my :wub:) She's a very unassuming genius at acting.
Dir: Are your eyes dry or are you really crying?
HYX: I'm really crying!
Dir: Oh, alright then. Hahaha (this director is hilarious :lol:)

• Like 4

1 more day, guys! One more day... Brace yourself! After surviving all the angsty and heartache, we all deserve fluffy and happy ending of our hot and cold general and adorable princess.

I grew a soft spot for XM and XC, I wish XC will remain an outstanding SML till the end, and I hope the writer will be kind to him. Please.. please don't kill him.. I'mma flip table if they do :onfirex:

And I'm kindda shipping him with TY... hihihi. Hopefully TY will be reunited with CY.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, suzy0604 said:

1 more day, guys! One more day... Brace yourself! After surviving all the angsty and heartache, we all deserve fluffy and happy ending of our hot and cold general and adorable princess.

I grew a soft spot for XM and XC, I wish XC will remain an outstanding SML till the end, and I hope the writer will be kind to him. Please.. please don't kill him.. I'mma flip table if they do 

And I'm kindda shipping him with TY... hihihi. Hopefully TY will be reunited with CY.

Spoiler

I think Xing Chen will become the next emperor but I don't think he will be with Tao Yao though. He is a prince while she is a maid. Even they are together, she only can become his concubine.

I wonder if we have to see Na Xi again. She may plotting together with that annoying Dong Shi.

But it will take the drama screen time. I want to see more scenes of our main couple not that annoying villain.

It seems that the scene of the first stills got cut out?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEirfVwFHkb/?hl=en

credit to ckdrama

The way our general looks at the kids warm my heart:wub:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEk9kP4FABB/?hl=en

credit to ckdrama

Bts:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEmZ5_VlVMT/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEmbEu5FXDq/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEmbJ91F_TU/?hl=en

credit to ckdrama

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

@enzek i saw the interview too lol I know right I was like i know what he means, and I do agree with her he’s really different from his character, but he suits the cold general role. Though this is my first drama of his, I couldn’t get myself to watch his other dramas. the sleepless princess was the only one that caught my attention. I’m assuming it’s his clothes it looks good on him. It’s like those ancient outfits are tailored for him:yay:

the still pic above XY is wearing different outfits from the snake bite scene and CY’s hair has a different style bun same goes for XY the little thing on his hair is different too...I could be wrong, but I’m hoping it’s a different scene that hasn’t happened yet.

i was shipping TY with Mr. Bai :cheers:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@enzekAgree..

Spoiler

I think XC will be the next emperor that will decree marriage between his sister and XY. 

I wish XC and TY all the very best, they deserve their own happiness too.

While waiting for new episodes, I was rewatching a few episodes, although there might be some plot holes, I realize how natural the flow of their relationship or feelings are. If I recall correctly they never really said I love you to one another (yet), but they both realize the unspoken attraction between them, next thing you know, they started to long for each other, wanting, needing and sacrificing for the other.

I dare to say, our general (like his brother) fell in love at first sight with CY, the moment he open CY wedding veil when she was sleeping (although he was still in the process of denying and suspecting CY as a spy at that time) or even before that, when he safe CY from the assasins in the palace.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Montato91 said:

Oww:heart2beat: Thanks for sharing. It's a very long wait till Thursday. Short clips like this helps to tide over. 

12 minutes ago, suzy0604 said:

Agree..

Hide contents

I think XC will be the next emperor that will decree marriage between his sister and XY. 

I wish XC and TY all the very best, they deserve their own happiness too.

While waiting for new episodes, I was rewatching a few episodes, although there might be some plot holes, I realize how natural the flow of their relationship or feelings are. If I recall correctly they never really said I love you to one another (yet), but they both realize the unspoken attraction between them, next thing you know, they started to long for each other, wanting, needing and sacrificing for the other.

I dare to say, our general (like his brother) fell in love at first sight with CY, the moment he open CY wedding veil when she was sleeping (although he was still in the process of denying and suspecting CY as a spy at that time).

You think so? I was also rewatching the episodes and analysing when he exactly fell in love with her hahaha. I guess it was a gradual process. The look on his face when he unveiled her during wedding night seemed that he was pleased with her looks but I think he wasn't "in love" yet. Then he realised her feisty and cute personality few days after the wedding when she blew in his face and pushed him away when he threatened to bed her (he probably found her amusing then). Then the arrow shooting scene in the army camp where she cried and he took her on a horse ride. She shared that she was protecting her savior etc. Think this is the point where he started to feel in love with her as he realised how kind hearted and understanding she is. This is evidence by him collecting her from XC's place and the dungeon scene (although the setting was harsh but he couldn't bear to torture her). The scene where she was supposed to fetch the aunt and while climbing up the wagon she put on the head and turned around to smile at him (BTW I love this scene. She is so sweet and the music is perfect). I think this was really the point where he irrevocably fell in love with her. Cause after she left he was kind of listless. Hahaha 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, Montato91 said:

i saw the interview too lol I know right I was like i know what he means, and I do agree with her he’s really different from his character, but he suits the cold general role. Though this is my first drama of his, I couldn’t get myself to watch his other dramas. the sleepless princess was the only one that caught my attention. I’m assuming it’s his clothes it looks good on him. It’s like those ancient outfits are tailored for him

He already handsome with modern outfit but when he wear the ancient costumes especially the blue robe he becomes 10x hotter LOL

tumblr_mq7bihwSWL1s3jc4vo1_400.gif 

41 minutes ago, suzy0604 said:

I dare to say, our general (like his brother) fell in love at first sight with CY, the moment he open CY wedding veil when she was sleeping (although he was still in the process of denying and suspecting CY as a spy at that time) or even before that, when he safe CY from the assasins in the palace.

I think he kinda started to feel little bit interested with her when he watch from the above how she trying to deal with the assassin with putting the scissor near her neck when she been trapped by them.

Although at that time he think she was an idiot LOL

But I like the scene you mentioned. He opened her veil and observe her face. Then when there was a flower petal, he blew it away. I love all their scenes here. So romantic:fullofhearts:

The moment our general fallen to his princess smile:wub:

Actually, I can't choose ahahah. I love all their scenes together.

Zheng Ye Cheng and Hu Yi Xuan chemistry are so great!

No wonder, he did mentioned that he get intense emotions when looking into her eyes LOL:tounge_wink:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

@pa ma you’re very welcome. Yes the short clips helps and eases the anxiety a bit...just one more day. 

@suzy0604 I concur. I believed he fell for her since he saved her you can tell in his thoughts while he was hiding he was like this princess isn’t timid even though his face was covered you can tell he was smirking under that mask calling her an idiot :joy: then at the wedding when he opened her veil everything just triggered lol she slapped and kicked him also biting his hand and him putting his hand to her throat and shutting her up with the red ribbon...what a after wedding day :loolz:that was hilarious

im sure inside he was shocked :lol:

@enzek exactly!! He’s already hot then when he’s in the general outfit, It’s nonstop fangirling mode always spazzing over him. I like the black one and the armor one ugh I die seeing him in those ones. How can one look so handsome? He looks better with his hair up like in this drama...more manly. :love:

I have to rewatch from the beginning you guys just hyped my feelings :2540_meh:

• Like 4