[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Oh great....I'm all in now :rip:

Spoiler

ErS3PNCUUAcSdKw?format=jpg&name=large

ErS3Pq8UcAMHKMM?format=jpg&name=large

Cred. owner

Their chemistry OHMAHGAHDDDDD :fear:

Also never in a MILLION years would I imagine that continuation from the ending of episode 8!! I thought she would slap him or something - not slap herself!! And that was a full on make out sesh!! I never knew either of them could kiss like that but WOW consider me thoroughly impressed!!

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 3

Lolol all our theories were wrong. But I so loved what actually happened. Still not processed it fully.

Question - Did she tilt his head to show it was the King she was kissing to her father?Or was it more like the BW in her trying to take control? 

I read someone mention the former. I thought it was the latter. First King kissed SoBong, then SoBong wanted to be in control and then they fell into a rhythm. Everytime the scene went back to them, I was like still?!! 

• Like 3

Preview for Episode 10 with English subtitles. 

Cheoljong is already falling hard for So Bong, imagine when he finds out it was her who saved him when they were kids. So Bong already knows this but she won’t tell him.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Binal Doshi said:

I read someone mention the former. I thought it was the latter. First King kissed SoBong, then SoBong wanted to be in control and then they fell into a rhythm. Everytime the scene went back to them, I was like still?!! 

i saw it as the latter too. so bong was just like "look this angle isn't letting me deepen the kiss so-"

• Like 3

I agree 100%!

I don't want Hwa Jin to feel left out too. That's so pitiful.

:popcornjackson:

credit to the owner

This scene is one of my favorite other than their make out session.

Our king mentioned "I won't let that happen" to his queen.

To me, that was kind of indirect confession about his feeling towards her:please:

I want Cheol Jong & So Bong endgame:bawling:

credit to the owner

One of the most adorable king in Korean historical dramas!

He make a "Queen dictionary" for the new words that he heard from her aww:bawling:

credit to the owner

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, enzek said:

One of the adorable king in Korean historical dramas!

He make a "Queen dictionary" for the new words that he heard from her aww:bawling:

HE REMEMBERED EVERYTHING I'M CRYING.

also "ment = i picked it up on the way here" :joy: the miscommunications are hilarious

btw can i just say, i'm really glad that we were all worried for nothing about the possible dubious consent route after ep 8. when cheoljong was getting ready for her to slap him for kissing her when she's tipsy, gotta admit that was really sweet. 

41 minutes ago, aisling said:

So Bong already knows this but she won’t tell him.

(i'm just gonna assume bong hwan and soyong are basically functioning as a unit now because i just find it easier to think that way lel, that said,) it could be because of soyong's will to not tell cheoljong? i kinda think that was her will anyway since she never revealed it even though she could very well have before. could have been her way of protecting cheoljong.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, maria_m2me said:

Seriously I hold my breath when I saw their hot make out... The king has lost himself when the queen kiss him back...

And finally the queen got her period. They slept together, the queen calmed the king who got attack, the king also calmed the queen who got her 1st period

But im frustrated he did not recall the kiss the next day, all that was in his head is byung in and his plan...that was intense i thought at least now he would feel her as a woman.... I watch without sub so i might translate it wrongly...do let me know if i make mistake... I told myself times n times to wait till monday n watch both episode but i cant help it... This is worst than drugs...

7 minutes ago, poopytubby said:

HE REMEMBERED EVERYTHING I'M CRYING.

also "ment = i picked it up on the way here" :joy: the miscommunications are hilarious

I'm still torn between wanting the real so yong to come back n bong hwan return back to modern world and that interview was the last scene..i could see the ending taking that route... Just like oh my ghost...

But i'm more towards the one he like mainly is bong hwan...all those things that capture his interest is bong hwan .... Just like whrn i watch oh my ghost, im dissapointed. When the chef end up with the real girl... It should be the ghost...sigh..

Edited by Noor Hasliza Zakaria
  • Like 2

Well, I think someone’s lying a little here.

spacer.png

Sure, you don’t see her as a woman. That’s why you looked into her eyes to see if she wants to continue, and when you kissed her again you closed your eyes even though everybody’s already left.

spacer.png

And that’s why you looked totally dazed and disappointed when she stopped :rolleyes:

spacer.png

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Binal Doshi said:

Lolol all our theories were wrong. But I so loved what actually happened. Still not processed it fully.

Question - Did she tilt his head to show it was the King she was kissing to her father?Or was it more like the BW in her trying to take control? 

Yups I ever mentioned that SoBong would kiss the king back so the cousin couldn't protest about that, yeah they're husband and wife, and they're still in honeymoon period right? Still the 8th night since their marriage (Omo, I kept counting their night as husband and wife)

16 minutes ago, Noor Hasliza Zakaria said:

But im frustrated he did not recall the kiss the next day, all that was in his head is byung in and his plan...that was intense i thought at least now he would feel her as a woman.... I watch without sub so i might translate it wrongly...do let me know if i make mistake... I told myself times n times to wait till monday n watch both episode but i cant help it... This is worst than drugs...

I'm still torn between wanting the real so yong to come back n bong hwan return back to modern world and that interview was the last scene..i could see the ending taking that route... Just like oh my ghost...

But i'm more towards the one he like mainly is bong hwan...all those things that capture his interest is bong hwan .... Just like whrn i watch oh my ghost, im dissapointed. When the chef end up with the real girl... It should be the ghost...sigh..

Agree... Lil bit confuse about the king, because he seemed forgot that he lost himself when the queen kissed him back. Actually if the queen not suddenly realized their mistakes, maybe the king forgot his planning...

Spoiler

I've seen the preview for episode 10, that concubine seemed angry for her maid, and she came to the king, but the king maybe defense for the queen, that's why the concubine looks so angry...

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Noor Hasliza Zakaria said:

But i'm more towards the want he like would be bong hwan...all those things that capture his interest is bong hwan .... Just like whrn i watch oh my ghost, im dissapointed. When the chef end up with the real girl... It should be the ghost...sigh..

i totally get what you mean, i'd hate for it to go the oh my ghostess route too. but tbh currently i don't see it going that way? i think it's quite understandable if the extra scenes will be of soyong and the king because we don't really get to see soyong in the series at all, since it's mainly told from bong hwan/so bong's perspective. so i don't see it as a hint that that theory is the end game. fingers crossed it won't be anyway, or at least make the transition between personalities less abrupt than in oh my ghostess so that the audience can be convinced of the relationship. the drama has been pretty unpredictable so far anyway, let's just have faith in the writers for now and enjoy kjh and shs's chemistry haha xD

3 hours ago, Noor Hasliza Zakaria said:

But im frustrated he did not recall the kiss the next day, all that was in his head is byung in and his plan...

i'm guessing more like it's something he isn't too proud of? since he kissed her when she was drunk (and he was even more convinced about her drunkenness at her outburst after the kiss, he commented that she was so drunk that she couldn't differentiate between reality and delusion). (edit: they may have spoke about it when they woke up tho i realised. but im not sure, when the subs come out haha)

but anyway, nobody asked for my personal viewpoint but i'll share it anyway haha: i see bong hwan and soyong becoming 1 person (riding on the reincarnation theory mentioned?), and i don't see bong hwan being more important than soyong in the relationship either. i see them being equally important - while yes bong hwan's personality was the one that cleared up the misunderstandings between the queen and king, and cheoljong only started opening up to  the queen when the queen was sobong, bong hwan did not start to even empathise with the king before soyong's feelings and memories stepped in. he was more preoccupied with staying alive, chilling out, and siding with power before that. sobong would not have returned the king's feelings or even bothered empathising with the king if soyong was not part of the equation. i see bong hwan/sobong as the one who opened the door to cheoljong's heart, but it's the combination of soyong's deep love for cheoljong and bong hwan's personality as the one that will make cheoljong fall in love with the queen even more. 

and although i think the k-drama childhood trope thing is far overused, since it's part of the story, it's also worth mentioning that soyong's actions was what made cheoljong fall so hard for hwajin in the first place. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 3

The new OST is soo sweet. Totally match with my feeling for episode 9 today.

And I really love the bts pic on the video aww 

:issohappy:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Although Cheol Jong was more sobered than So Bong, if Bong Hwan's part of So Bong didn't take control So Yong's body, Cheol Jong will go all out and forget about his mission that night LOOL

And he dare claimed that he didn't see her as woman pfft

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

Our royal couple:please:

Kim Jung Hyun & Shin Hye Sun chemistry together are really great!

credit to the owner

Spoiler

credit to the owner

• Like 10

READ AFTER WATCHING EP9

After watching the flashback, I believe HwaJin's motivation is not solely king's love.

HwaJin is actually the one who is obsessive with Kim So Yong. 

Not really Kim So Yong, but what she has. The power, money, and respect. Then it extended to So Yong's love, the king (who is another form of power).

HwaJin's family is not rich (her house in the ep1 and what king said about her father might not have power, but is respected).

Her childhood flashback seems to tell that she often purposely wore similarly like So Yong and spent time around her and her place. 

HwaJin's kindhearted nature seemed to be a facade that came out of this obsession about what Kim So Yong has. But more importantly, it's a facade for the king. The only possession that HwaJin has of So Yong's. The king's image of HwaJin who saved him.

From what Prince Yeong Phyeong said, I can tell that HwaJin and king actually didn't spend much time together. That flashback seems to be basically it. No wonder king kind of lost interest in her the moment he began to have interest in the queen. 

HwaJin's facade breaks as her only possession, king, seems to be slip out from her hands. It's more frustrating and desperate because king's interest is in "Kim So Yong."

I believe at the back of HwaJin's mind, she has this complex that she can be and she is better than Kim So Yong, but since she never could prove it, she probably has inferiority superiority complex.

Her real self shows up when she's looking at herself in the mirror with queen's accessory. She doesn't think about king. she enjoys wearing the symbol of power, especially since the current queen is "King So Yong."

I actually was baffled that Prince Yeong Phyeong didn't say a thing about the queen's accessory. But then again, he had low education and especially not learned about queen's accessory, so I will give him a pass.

But oh my god, HwaJin is bold. She better stay inside all the time if she's wearing THAT and hope that grand queen dowager doesn't visit her. Because you're dead if you're founded out. King can't rescue you from THAT.

Also, the current King has interest in So Bong, not So Yong. If drama makes the end game as So Yong and King after finding out about the flashback, the King's "love" for So Yong will be as shallow as the current King's "love" for HwaJin. The moment someone else becomes his interest, King will often forget about So Yong, just like he's currently doing with HwaJin.

Anyway, I'm waiting for king to find out that masked man is not Kim Byeong In's doing. And masked man looks very like Kim Byeong In. I wonder they are supposed to be related in the drama. It could be just coincidence. 

I really do hope the drama does end with Kim Byeong In as a good guy, which i think he will since he's the only capable guy to lead the Kim clan. The queen definitely needs her clan to keep the position.

AND WE CANNOT FORGET THE KISS! King was surprised when So Bong kissed him back, but quickly got into the kissing. Then he totally forgot about the mission and continued to kiss until So Bong stopped. The king looked so dazed and confused when So Bong stopped kissing. :lol: But he seems to have remembered his mission when So Bong started to act weird and drunk. I bet he doesn't talk about the kiss because So Bong expressed how much she regretted it after the kiss. That's why king said "forget about bad dream" after he knocked her out.

But I do hope we get a scene where king thinks about the kissing and how much he enjoyed it, therefore realizing his interest in So Bong.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

I guess we should just watch with popcorn for Hwa Jin’s downfall , she’s not even brave , just stupid and brazen at this point . Literally an arc of you can reach the highest place and fall down to the lowest pit. Her greed is going to destroy her, I agree with @louisawatson, her hatred and resentment for the queen makes so much more sense. It’s not just jealousy , but I think, she hates what So Young has. If roles were switched, So Young would be much classier and respectful. I don’t think she’s poor, but she’s definitely from a noble family , same as Queen Dowager but one without power.  Like the Soompi article said, we could’ve rooted for her if it was at least done in revenge for her maid , but I don’t think she knows what has happened to her maid. 

• Like 4