[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

36 minutes ago, aisling said:

If my theory about Bong Hwan being the reincarnation of So Yong is wrong, then Bong Hwan isn’t going to end up with Cheoljong and his sole purpose was to make Cheoljong fall in love with So Yong. So it would basically go Oh My Ghostess route.

I’m one of those who would hate this ending.  

Yeah me too..but i kept thinking about the first episode, the interview with him saying he is the first chef.. That bothers me..

It has been along time since i feel this way about a drama...it is killing to wait untill next episode...god help me..

Edited by Noor Hasliza Zakaria
  • Like 4

I think BW role is to clarify So Yong's position about the political involvement of her family. The King fell in love with the concubine by a mistake so he has always thought that So Yong was similar as her family, an evil corrupted gold-digger! Drama will be different from the real history so i think a part of BW will stay with So Yong because she is growing thanks to BW's soul! BTW the love line will be King and So Yong, and i hope she will have a memory about BW's life in her shoes.

• Like 8

af9a3ad06b1446c8970e56c2fe6f23b0.jpeg?s=

5 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About Episodes 5-8 Of “Mr. Queen”

by shalini

What better way to start the new year than new episodes of “Mr. Queen“? tvN’s zippy weekend rom-com is drawing rave reviews and high ratings, and it’s absolutely worth the hype. Not sure if it’s for you just yet? Here’s a look at what we loved (and the one thing we hated) about the latest quartet of episodes. I promise you’ll hop right on the bandwagon.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 5-8 below.

Please visit the site for details

1. LOVED: So Yong in the kitchen

2. LOVED: King Cheoljong’s intensity

3. LOVED: The sheer hilarity in So Yong and Cheoljong’s interactions

4. LOVED: The show addressing our burning questions

5. LOVED: The bond between So Yong and Bong Hwan

6. HATED: The evil second female lead trope

Credit to Soompi

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ said:

the only thing that suck from this drama is we have to wait every weekend. such a loooooong way to the ending

and tomorrow is saturday!!!!

is there any bts of the twerking scene?

oh, and does anyone know why the backsound of twerking scene is different? on web streaming is blackpink's song while on tv is clearly different.

• Like 4

Interesting views from the article writer=>

Mr-Queen-10.jpg

The evil second female lead trope comes to life again in Jo Hwa Jin. For a show that’s done a brilliant job in pushing boundaries in so many ways, it is a little disappointing to see it go the evil second female lead route. On one hand, it is nice to see that 3/4 of the powerful scheming figures in this show are women. On the other hand, it would have been nice to see Hwa Jin as a more noble character, perhaps even taking an interest in So Yong to round out a strange love triangle!

Hopefully her entire identity won’t revolve around Cheoljong. It would be far more palatable to have Hwa Jin scheme against So Yong because she wants power or because she wants revenge for the murder of her friend, maidservant, and closest companion Oh Wol (Kim Ju Young).

However, given that we still have yet to know the deep dark secret (quite literally) that So Yong and Hwa Jin are keeping from Cheoljong perhaps there is hope that Hwa Jin won’t emerge as a cookie cutter female villain. A villain nevertheless, but I hope this show lets her reasoning be sound enough for viewers to feel for her and wonder if she may be right. Given that “Mr. Queen” will be 20 episodes long, we certainly have the time to develop her motivations as a villain.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ said:

5 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About Episodes 5-8 Of “Mr. Queen”

by shalini

What better way to start the new year than new episodes of “Mr. Queen“? tvN’s zippy weekend rom-com is drawing rave reviews and high ratings, and it’s absolutely worth the hype. Not sure if it’s for you just yet? Here’s a look at what we loved (and the one thing we hated) about the latest quartet of episodes. I promise you’ll hop right on the bandwagon.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 5-8 below.

Please visit the site for details

1. LOVED: So Yong in the kitchen

2. LOVED: King Cheoljong’s intensity

3. LOVED: The sheer hilarity in So Yong and Cheoljong’s interactions

4. LOVED: The show addressing our burning questions

5. LOVED: The bond between So Yong and Bong Hwan

Credit to Soompi

re: #2 the author couldn't have said it better. and still cheoljong couldn't stay away from his wacky queen..

37 minutes ago, annaR said:

the only thing that suck from this drama is we have to wait every weekend. such a loooooong way to the ending

and tomorrow is saturday!!!!

lucky u.. at my place, i've got to wait until sunday for the eng subbed version

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, aisling said:

Hm.... does anybody else see the implications?

If the reports are true and there will be extra episodes about how Cheoljong and So Yong met.... that means Cheoljong and So Yong are the endgame, doesn’t it? That means So Yong is the one who’s important and she’s the one who ends up with Cheoljong, otherwise they wouldn’t be making an epilogue about them meeting. 

If my theory about Bong Hwan being the reincarnation of So Yong is wrong, then Bong Hwan isn’t going to end up with Cheoljong and his sole purpose was to make Cheoljong fall in love with So Yong. So it would basically go Oh My Ghostess route.

I’m one of those who would hate this ending. Bong Hwan is our protagonist and we’re supposed to root for him and if he ends up alone in the future... that would be so sad and the whole story would be pointless. So please, Drama God, if you’re there. Don’t go Oh My Ghostess route. 

My thoughts exactly. I don't want this kind of ending. Just like I said before. I hated the ending of Oh My Ghost. I understand this whole first love trope even though it often doesn't make any sense. But in this case Cheoljong knows nothing about grown-up So Yong. The one he started to warm up to is So Bong. That's how I see it. So please writernim don't try to fool us. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, annaR said:

oh, and does anyone know why the backsound of twerking scene is different? on web streaming is blackpink's song while on tv is clearly different.

I think it’s because of copyright issue, especially in YouTube they are strict in copyright 

• Like 1

Judging from the increasing number of new fanvids on YT, people really like “Here I Am” by Jo Hyun An. I’ve been listening to the song nonstop since it was released. This is my favourite MV.

As much as I found the way Cheoljong kissed So Bong swoony, I think the “purple hanbok/flowers” scene tugged at my heart a little bit more. It was such a beautiful scene that was perfectly executed and “Here I Am” ballad made it even more poignant.

Now I think about it the production team must have purposely saved the purple hanbok for this scene. It was the first time So Yong’s feelings towards Cheoljong manifested and we saw him through her eyes. It was shot purposely with falling petals and pastel colours because we, the audience, were supposed to stood in awe of Cheoljong’s elegance, radiance, and beauty. They intentionally made him look extra good for that scene because that’s how So Yong saw him.

• Like 6

Is this done? This is the historical drama of Shin Hye Sun I totally forgot but want to watch. First time in this genre I think.  She's a good actress and I like her acting so. I'll binge this drama this weekend. It's good right? Is this the drama where it was report/article events was distorted ( something like that). I don't understand anything I'm not Korean but I still want to check this.

By the way, I'm not much into the male lead and not familiar #sorrynotsorry but as long as acting's good.. it's okay.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 7:03 PM, Raffles said:

You know how the King is much more observant than he lets on? I'll bet he filed away the Queen's original claim of not being who she appears to be and will have confirmed that to his satisfaction looong before the plot gets back to confronting him on it. I could totally see a Han and Leia moment. "I'm XX!" "I know."

Also bet they confess their love in similar circumstances. On the edge of death. I say this not knowing what the Chinese version or novel did, so could be way wrong....

The drama does show king looking at "Jang Bong Hwan was here." which was written on the rock. That scene was longer than necessary before he decided to pick up the headpin.

Also, king probably does remember queen's whole speech in the beginning, in which she said she's actually a man.

I could see an ending where So Bong confess again that she's actually a man, and king responds by saying that he doesn't care if queen is Kim So Yong or Jang Bong Hwan because he's still the husband and he's not going to divorce. He loves whoever the currently queen is.

1 hour ago, jongski said:

Is this done? This is the historical drama of Shin Hye Sun I totally forgot but want to watch. First time in this genre I think.  She's a good actress and I like her acting so. I'll binge this drama this weekend. It's good right? Is this the drama where it was report/article events was distorted ( something like that). I don't understand anything I'm not Korean but I still want to check this.

By the way, I'm not much into the male lead and not familiar #sorrynotsorry but as long as acting's good.. it's okay.

Nope, it's total of 20 episodes and we're currently waiting for this week's ep9 and ep10. It's Sat-Sun drama.

male lead's acting is great, but if you're only into female actress, you might end up having biased point of view, which might make you dislike male lead's character. Especially since male lead plays more serious type while female lead plays more comical type.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jongski said:

This drama is still airing, it is a weekend one.

Thanks for sharing the waking up scene. The occasional cartoon sound effects are one of the little touches I love about this show. That little rubber ducky squeak when she looks at him and fears the worst....:lol:

Edited by Raffles
  • Like 4

SPOILER

Spoiler

the way they look each other is hella funny:joy: and what happened to the room? cheoljon had fight with the man outside of the room but why sobong's room turn into a mess :hushed: their night must be sooooo hot and crazy :shaq:

my thought is maybe nothing happened and cheoljong spent his time to find the documents. the same reason that mask-man visited sobong that night.

• Like 4

We gonna see someone getting scold tonight HAHA, looking at the picture teaser and reading the article for today ep preview about Sobong getting scold by Cheoljong already make me laughed LOL. We gonna get more bickering and swoon moment from both of them on today episode! Can’t wait!! :lol:Lets Go Dancing GIF by The Lonely Island

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Shin Hye Sun And Kim Jung Hyun Enjoy An Eventful Date Outside The Palace On “Mr. Queen”

Shin Hye Sun And Kim Jung Hyun Enjoy An Eventful Date Outside The Palace On “Mr. Queen”

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” has shared an intriguing sneak peek of its next episode!

Spoilers

On the latest episode of “Mr. Queen,” Kim So Yong (played by Shin Hye Sun) began to recover her lost memories, with familiar scents from her childhood home triggering specific memories of events from her past. After gradually growing closer and beginning to express interest in one another, King Cheoljong (played by Kim Jung Hyun) and Kim So Yong ended the episode by sharing a sudden kiss in a situation where Cheoljong’s identity was at risk of being found out.

In newly released stills from the hit drama’s upcoming episode, Kim So Yong and Cheoljong continue to bond as they spend some quality time together outside the palace. As Kim So Yong searches for something she needs in a street market, Cheoljong keeps a close eye on her, seemingly worried about what kind of trouble she might get into next.

Shin-Hye-Sun1.jpgKim-Jung-Hyun1.jpg

Cheoljong’s fears may be proven well-founded: in the midst of their shopping excursion, Kim So Yong winds up becoming amusingly distracted by a trickster conning people on the street.

After rushing over to save her, Cheoljong later gives her a scolding that has the typically unabashed and insolent Kim So Yong looking adorably sheepish.

The producers of “Mr. Queen” teased, “The change between the two characters, who will find their hearts skipping a beat in an unexpected moment, will unfold in an entertaining way.”

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Someone conned Jang Bong Hwan??? I want to see it! :joy:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

I've been a lurker here and I am a new fan of Shin Hye Sun! I finished two of her dramas while waiting for Episode 9. Hahahha.

I can't wait for the next episode! 

I also think that Bong Hwan and So Yong has more to their relationship than their childhood tryst.

Spoiler

If i remember it correctly, on episode 3, when So Bong unknowingly eavesdropped the king's convo with his brother and friend, his brother told him "Do not let your personal feelings get in the way." When I watched that, I was thinking aaah maybe Cheol Jong and So Yong has something - maybe not a romantic relationship but definitely something.

I hope Episode 9 will reach or expectations!

• Like 3