Hi everyone! I've been away due to personal matter but I'm back.  Mouse is one of the serial killer drama o 2021 I enjoyed watching, especially I saw one of the veteran actors from the Memories of Murder (my favorite Korean film) working in this genre once more with the lead casts.

I saw a lot of films and fictions about the psychopath genes.  Those born with them often grew up into into 2 categories: Sociopath and Psychopath.   Sociopath can be redeemed with the right treatments cause they have trouble expressing their emotions but they can still feel empathies and affections.  They only retaliate if they experienced traumas from their past or threaten.

Psychopaths enjoyed the hunt of their preys they see fit and feel superior towards other.   They are incapable of showing remorse aside being caught in their act.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

57 minutes ago, cherriesblue said:

Wait, where does it show that Head Hunter did the surgery on Ba Reum? I missed that part

I think it was implied at the end when BR sent the picture to BY based on the scar on Head Hunter's face

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

It looks like headhunter did surgery to BR and put something for dead YH into his brain or something. That is why BR now even kind of have feelings for Hong ju and the flashbacks. 

I may be very wrong but to me it seems like it has already done once on YH and BR before but the doctor guy who got killed and YH's mother knows about it that is why she calls YH a poor child and asked herself if she'll even be forgiven for what she had done. 

Ji-Eun gives birth to Ba reaum- he comes out a psychopath- Ji-Eun with that doctor guy swaps some brain thing between BR and some random kid you han- Ji eun abandons BR and takes YH as her son out of guilt- YH find out about BR and what they did to him. But this probably is just a stupid theory as it has flaws. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Okay but putting aside all the psychopath and Ba Reum being a possible killer for a minute...

Watching today's episode and seeing how Ba Reum and Moo Chi worked together... Like omg! If Ba Reum wasn't a potential serial killer, then the two of them would make the best tag team. Ba Reum is very knowledgable about the crimes (yes, because of the psychopath gene, but let's put that aside for a second :lol:) and what the suspect would so, so him being a detective would be amazing!

If only though, too good to be true. You know the writer is going to throw some crazy curveball at us about Ba Reum..but just something I thought about while watching episode 8

Also anyone else just laughs when Detective Shin doubts Ba Reum and keeps saying Ba Reum is unwell?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, ferily said:

Also anyone else just laughs when Detective Shin doubts Ba Reum and keeps saying Ba Reum is unwell?

He lied about the case as well to MC make BR look bad?  Where did that JaePil arc come from?  The guy who decided to kill Capt Park’s daughter just because he was jealous about him?  :blink: Is that foreshadowing what will happen between SS and BR?  MC is obviously blown away by how astute BR is?  And SS is trying to bring BR’s new crime fighting genius status down.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Sometimes, when Det Mochi ask Det Shin to check on something, I get doubt of his work...becoz he also the one of the possible real SK..hmmm...maybe he falsify the result of the chek..I smell something fishy on him (maybe just my heart and head, that I want other person than BR become the SK wkwkwkwk)

Although many of crazy twists are pop out..I still like this drama...I can keep guessing who is the real killer while enjoying of the relationship between the characters.. I think the writer does a good job giving the background story and the relationship..

I do like the episode 8..we understand that Choi PD is Det Park daughter..maybe she feel guilty so she didn't go back home...we can hope getting her story latter

Regarding HH did a surgery to BR while YH is lying unconscious..maybe because he knew YH is not his son..yes we have not received the full scene of YH and HH in the prison yet 

I am curious with something in BR old house's yard...the camera keep pointing at that direction and BR always dizzy when he saw that place..could it be the place to burry some killing evidence (oh nooo.... hiks)

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, Almost Vaal said:

Ji-Eun gives birth to Ba reaum- he comes out a psychopath- Ji-Eun with that doctor guy swaps some brain thing between BR and some random kid you han- Ji eun abandons BR and takes YH as her son out of guilt- YH find out about BR and what they did to him. But this probably is just a stupid theory as it has flaws. 

You know what?  Nothing is stupid when it comes to this writer.  The crazier the better.  Your guess may well prove true.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Avocado80 said:

am curious with something in BR old house's yard...the camera keep pointing at that direction and BR always dizzy when he saw that place..could it be the place to burry some killing evidence (oh nooo.... hiks)

You know what?  I was freaked out when BR took that cat home :huh:... who knows what he will do to it.  Poor thing.

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

Well, I am not really liking the route this drama is going actually. I mean, I would've been less disappointed, or not really disappointed, if they would just say that due to some mistake in the surgery, Ba Reum ended up like this. I don't really understand the logic behind bringing a serial killer to do the surgery. Yes, the ruling party must have done it as the elections were around the corner, but no, I don't really understand this. A genius neurosurgeon has been out of action for like 20+ years, is among the most notorious serial killers, and they just call him in for a surgery. That's not what I call good writing actually. And, now they are too strongly hinting towards something to have been transferred from Yo Han to Ba Reum. Like seriously? The drama was doing quite well till 6th episode, and now suddenly they are introducing crazy stuff here.

Back to the plot, I am liking the whole investigation thing happening, and I liked Moo Chi and Ba Reum working together. Same with the fact that Bong Yi to have tried, but not really killed Yo Han. Still, I think that thing might get back at her (maybe). Loved how she actually saved BA Reum and helped them catch Jae Pil. 

Talking about Hong Ju, I am still unsure who she is and what she is hiding. Well, it is clear that she was used by the Head Hunter to lure the victims, question is, who she is. I don't really think she is his daughter, given the fact that she was dating Yo Han knowing he is head hunter's son. Seeing how unforgiving she was towards Yo Han in his final moments, I am not too sure if she is doing any killing or an accomplice currently. I do think, the school girl Ba Reum saw in his memory crushing the poor mouse was her. Does she also have such genes, or was she like that knowing that kid is head hunter's kid or she knew that this kid has got psychopathic genes. Whatever be the case, she is interesting character for me now. Given how she did tell Jae Pil that she knows he did not kill Det. Park's daughter. We have been suspecting her to be the one who tied the knot there back then, but question is, who really killed that woman? Was it the head hunter? Or there is another SK lurking around. 

Now, coming to the ending, and Mu Chi's obsession to enter the prison to kill Head Hunter. I can understand his grudge but taking up the blame for Jae Pil's murder for that? I do understand he did partly so that the Detective's wife will not be prosecuted for what she did. Let's see what happens next week, if they do the crazy part of the brain transfer or something similar, I might really drop the drama next week. I signed up for thriller and mystery, not really for crazy plot twists like this. 

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

Yes, when BR found a pregnant cat..I just terrified..oh Nooo...the small bird is cringe enought, please not the cat..
But I recognize that BR is forget with what he's doing with the poor bird...hmmm...which of his personality rise at that time??? 

And the memory of him beating the boxer...hiks..I feel sorry for him when he relieve that it must be the memory of cases that he examine..sigh...imagine when he find the truth in the future (still hoping not him...)
I hope that this drama give us warmer tone...such as maybe BR is the real killer in the past..but his consciousness right now told him to become a better person and BY will support him (and he still get jail..oh Nooo sobbing hard) :criesariver:

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

As I said I am not writing anything  besides  crazy thoughts ( and will not try so hard to be logical  or filter my wild guess) 

So here when I understand  that my wild  one look logical to writer 

HHS  did two horrible  things in the past beside killing , first he was taking the heads to make  illegal transform  surgeries  that why he at some killing kidnap the victims  and only after sometime they found the body without the heads, yeh some of his victims  was only to collect  heads and some to keep in his hidden  place and do the  surgery  on them puting others  heads part in their heads when they a live ; that why when the experience  failed or they die in progress he throw the body's  keep the head and no one know ( that why the body's  has number  as lap  mouse -that when mouse come to be important ) 

Second crazy things I think HHS  did, the detective  daughter  HJ wasnt the only child he took, he took others children  and twisted  them or in psychology  way or by doing that surgery  on them( and sure craziness  of craziness  he make them work with him taking victims  and even cleaning the mess after death)

and most of them  trun to be killers I think  the really killer from ep 8 is the son  not the father ( the father did attack  BY cause he want to protect  his son) and the son was one of the children  that HHS took and use to control the father ( I am not even  going to apologize anymore about how much that sound crazy  even to myself :unamused:

About bringing HHS to make the surgery  yeh even with the new technology  no one ever succeeded  or could do it cause ethics  law ( transform  a whole  and sensitive parts or fall system of the mind from someone  to other, it danger progress that wasnt allowed to be tests on people since mostly the head will reject it) HHS know how to do something  no one could  do and it was illegal  that why they take him out , or the other plots  even without the transform thing the video show a progress  of surgery  that no one did before ( yeh he had 20 years of being a head of technology  since he could experience  illegally  and not ethically  and as much as he want to do dangerous  ones in the past beside him being genius) 

Now I am not even asking I just go wild , when CHJ send that video  that was video  of him can do that strange  surgery  it was cause she want him to do that, at first I thought she maybe trying to help BR out of feeling guilty  of what Yh  did , but nooo she wanted to save BR and didn't  care about YH, so or she really was involved  with BR  before as he the really kid from the flashback and maybe was romance  involved  with him( yeh the feeling  Br having can be his ) or she did it for HHS to make him out doing  the surgery  ( she still under his control  and order)

And I can't even throw anything  beside we know that she even made interview  in the past with HHS 

Edit; 

I think it clear that I am too accepting the chance  the BR was the killer  from the start and the leaders of everything  before the injury ( they waiting for him to remember) 

And let go more crazy now all the children  that HHS  took and training as children  become adults  and killers ; they one big family that continues  the legacy  of HHS  , some go back homes after HHS arrested  some was old enough  to do others  like (CHJ) 

I am not even apologizing  this time and  I can still have the right to get angry when I saw this coming true 

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIF 

That me throwing logic  and  the trying hard  mentally to understand  the writer out of the window just go with what  I know she can do :unamused:

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

On 3/26/2021 at 1:02 PM, Avocado80 said:

Regarding HH did a surgery to BR while YH is lying unconscious..maybe because he knew YH is not his son..yes we have not received the full scene of YH and HH in the prison yet 

And yes, it's hardly believe (IF YH his real son) that HH's gonna sacrifice his own son.. My poor YH. Whether YH is killer or not, i still adoring him. Lol..

On 3/26/2021 at 1:02 PM, Avocado80 said:

I am curious with something in BR old house's yard...the camera keep pointing at that direction

spacer.png

I also pointed that out, seems odd..

How if.. how if someone is burried over there?

My friend reminds me about HH's yard, when he put MC mom's head (still agony) over there.

By the way i hope it's not related to Han Kook, jebal..

On 3/26/2021 at 1:04 PM, nrllee said:

You know what?  Nothing is stupid when it comes to this writer.  The crazier the better.  Your guess may well prove true.  :lol:

LOL.. The writer potrays crazy and some unacceptional theory so well.. I really need to know how about piece of symbol that MC found form HK scene.. it is part of DNA test result which is burnt?

Spoiler

spacer.png

On 3/26/2021 at 1:45 PM, Avocado80 said:

imagine when he find the truth in the future (still hoping not him...)

I'm with you, but it's also okay if it was BR.. Just go to get that Daesang Enggie oppa... *sobs

On 3/26/2021 at 2:48 PM, nona88 said:

she did it for HHS to make him out doing  the surgery  ( she still under his control  and order)

I hope because of this one. I can't even imagine if HJ's romantically involved with BR.. no way please 

On 3/26/2021 at 1:45 PM, Avocado80 said:

I hope that this drama give us warmer tone...such as maybe BR is the real killer in the past..but his consciousness right now told him to become a better person and BY will support him (and he still get jail..oh Nooo sobbing hard)

Let me hug you i feel the same :cries:

Edited by holyfea
  • Like 7
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

He lied about the case as well to MC make BR look bad?  Where did that JaePil arc come from?  The guy who decided to kill Capt Park’s daughter just because he was jealous about him?  :blink: Is that foreshadowing what will happen between SS and BR?  MC is obviously blown away by how astute BR is?  And SS is trying to bring BR’s new crime fighting genius status down.  

I don't think the ex-cop killed Capt Park's daughter, because Hong Ju asked him why he lied. I think Hong Ju is Capt Park's daughter, she probably too guilty to go back to her parents or HH might have threaten to kill her parents. When Capt Park's wife saw the bracelet on Hong Ju's wrist, she said it belongs to her daughter. Hong Ju is probably the girl who killed the mouse of that little boy (most likely BR).

I believe HH did something to BR's brain (not sure what, but possible that the doctor show him pictures/videos of the serial killer's killing ~ so he has those memories), but not transplant, if not, BR will have to take medication that reject other people's organ like all transplant patients do. May be the doctor and HH all belong to the HH's club... LOL

The killer could still be SS, serial killer sometimes stop killing for a while so that they would not get caught. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

25 minutes ago, Fruitplus LSG said:

I don't think the ex-cop killed Capt Park's daughter, because Hong Ju asked him why he lied. I think Hong Ju is Capt Park's daughter, she probably too guilty to go back to her parents or HH might have threaten to kill her parents. When Capt Park's wife saw the bracelet on Hong Ju's wrist, she said it belongs to her daughter. Hong Ju is probably the girl who killed the mouse of that little boy (most likely BR).

You’re right. I forgot that HJ confronted JaePil about lying about it.  Why would he do that though?  So odd.  But I must admit by the time I got to that bit I was getting so dumbfounded by where the plot was going that I wasn’t watching with my brain fully engaged. :lol: And yes I agree about HJ being the girl killing the mouse. 

So whose body did they find in the excavation site then?  Unless HJ took the bracelet off the little girl because she’s HH’s accomplice and ties all his victim’s hands.  Again this does not fit the MO of serial killers.  I thought they tend to work alone?  Having a child tag along seems risky?  Sure she could be the lure but she would more likely be a hindrance.  You’d have to feed her and look after her in between killings.  It’s a lot of effort.

Who knows about the brain tissue transplant?  Writer is certainly suggesting it.  When would the doctor have the chance to show him all those videos?  Or pictures?  He was in a coma and then he woke up.  It wasn’t like he was in rehab for a long time with the doctor or anything.  Wouldn’t surprise me about the HH fan club including doctors.

O and did anyone think the aunt gave BR an odd look when he asked for photos of himself in kindergarten?  Why would she look apprehensive about that?  Are we going to baby swapping territory? :lol:

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, Avocado80 said:

I am curious with something in BR old house's yard...the camera keep pointing at that direction and BR always dizzy when he saw that place..could it be the place to burry some killing evidence (oh nooo.... hiks)

Yes! I was also curious about that. BR keeps looking at a plant in his old house and suddenly starts running away, i thought he would bring a tool to do a hole and investigate or something like that but the next scene shows that its already night time and raining.  i think he did something in between the time of those 2 scenes.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Love reading all your theories! :eats2:

I have been MIA because of teaching/marking, but also because I am a bit pissed... Such a wonderful subject, such great writers, and then... nonsense story!!! I have not watched the last episodes and will take a break before starting again as I want to make sure it won't be crazy RickRoll'D  :P  That said, I love reading all your crazy thoughts.. because if that person can be a writer, so can we, no?

(I am being mean but god I was so pissed two days ago that this is an improvement actually, I watched "Navillera" and it made me all warm inside... )

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

7 hours ago, nrllee said:

You know what?  I was freaked out when BR took that cat home :huh:... who knows what he will do to it.  Poor thing.

I have already wished the cat a peaceful rest.

We know there's a SK who kills cats, if it's BR, Well...I wish the cat a peaceful rest.

There's either a body buried in BR's yard or Grandma's brooch.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

1) is HyunSoo's brother (the detective's son) still alive? Or was he also fake murdered by Jae Pil the detective?

2) why did Jae Pil lie about murdering HyunSoo?

3) who is the young girl in the flashback that stepped and killed the rat? Was it HyunSoo, or someone else?

4) where did Bong Yi disappear to or what did she do for the last year?

• Like 1
  • Blob 2