I might be crazy, but anyone else feels the same that there might be a possibility that Han Seo Joon and the Headhunter-murderer identity is all a lie? Since it's starting to unravel more murderers and some victims might not belong to HSJ. Just like how Mr Woo was lying about killing Det Park's daughter? 

The anorexic medication, brain surgeries, murders, patients linked back to the same surgeon (who is not the real surgeon) and (possibly psychopathic) children involvement. This makes me wonder if it was all a crazy experiment with child psychopaths. Perhaps grooming them and using them and then making them forget what happened? Or perhaps an experiment to correct them?

They still haven't clarify on that cassette taken from the abandoned surgical room that HJ sent to the ruling party right? BR suspecting he had been involved with HJ in some way makes me question if she had been grooming him sometime in the past or if BR did loved her and actually killed the boxer out of vengeance because of HJ's involvement with the boxer's sister's death.

I've never asked myself this many times while watching a series, "what am I watching?" 

• Like 6
  • Blob 3

No one seems normal to me actually. Seeing how Hong Ju killed that mouse in front of a kid (seemingly Ba Reum) did show she was not normal either. Yes, she was used by a serial killer, and could be the one who actually tied the knots on victim's hands. She could have seen Head Hunter doing it and learnt it herself, since the Head Hunter said he never taught it to anyone. But, there is a high chance that he was doing it to hide her identity and not let anyone know he actually had an accomplice. 

Coming back to Hong Ju, she is suddenly acting too strange. As I said, there have been inconsistencies around all the characters here actually. If Hong Ju was the accomplice, is an accomplice or killer, it does not explain her being so upset with Yo Han knowing he was the killer too. For now well, it looks like she is investigating the cases and finding the connections of it with Head Hunter's cases. 

Now whatever be the thing about Head Hunter being obsessed with heads, and there being a chance that he was using those heads for experiments. I still will not buy it if they did some transplant thing between Yo Han and Ba Reum causing Ba Reum to become like this. I am still not over the fact that he was allowed to do the surgery itself. 

There definitely is something in that big pot which Ba Reum saw at his old home. Not too sure what it could be. Cats' corpses, or something related to the victims here? Grandma's brooch will be found with Han Kook's body. That is what the killer has been doing all along. Ba Reum continuously getting flashbacks, this time of him hitting the boxer. His aunt is also hiding something. Things will start making sense when he will see his childhood picture. I am still not liking the direction this drama is going actually. 

I am not too sure about the baby swap thing here. But, let me come up with a crazy theory. What if, Ji Eun actually abandoned her child (Ba Reum) after the whole family murder thing. He was then adopted by the family who died in a car accident as the aunt said (she said the mom died though). Then feeling too guilty about her sins, she ended up adopting Yo Han (whose family had died in the fire accident). I am not really wanting this to happen, but still, with all the craziness happening, I would not surprised with the baby swap or this thing :joy: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I do believe like someone said above that the real killer for recent cases is Young Chul.. His father only help and protect him..
For the murder with victim that BR found...the killer is using white ring and his side face looking quite young..and I watch that YC is using the white ring too hmmmm....and he also Dong Go's friend in the restaurant..just recognized him when i re-watched ep 7 hmmmm...
Song Jae Hee the actor has quite a lot of drama under his portfolio (I remember him in Moon that Embrace the Sun)..so he should play quite important character

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

You’re right. I forgot that HJ confronted JaePil about lying about it.  Why would he do that though?  So odd.  But I must admit by the time I got to that bit I was getting so dumbfounded by where the plot was going that I wasn’t watching with my brain fully engaged. :lol: And yes I agree about HJ being the girl killing the mouse. 

So whose body did they find in the excavation site then?  Unless HJ took the bracelet off the little girl because she’s HH’s accomplice and ties all his victim’s hands.  Again this does not fit the MO of serial killers.  I thought they tend to work alone?  Having a child tag along seems risky?  Sure she could be the lure but she would more likely be a hindrance.  You’d have to feed her and look after her in between killings.  It’s a lot of effort.

Who knows about the brain tissue transplant?  Writer is certainly suggesting it.  When would the doctor have the chance to show him all those videos?  Or pictures?  He was in a coma and then he woke up.  It wasn’t like he was in rehab for a long time with the doctor or anything.  Wouldn’t surprise me about the HH fan club including doctors.

O and did anyone think the aunt gave BR an odd look when he asked for photos of himself in kindergarten?  Why would she look apprehensive about that?  Are we going to baby swapping territory? :lol:

If I remember correctly certain brain operation requires the patient to be awake to test their brain capabilities. Could the neuro surgeon pin-point certain part of the brain so that the patient will actually open his eyes and see and remember what he saw subconsciously. I believe what the doctor told BR at the hospital could be a hint to the audience from the writer.

34 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

No one seems normal to me actually. Seeing how Hong Ju killed that mouse in front of a kid (seemingly Ba Reum) did show she was not normal either. Yes, she was used by a serial killer, and could be the one who actually tied the knots on victim's hands. She could have seen Head Hunter doing it and learnt it herself, since the Head Hunter said he never taught it to anyone. But, there is a high chance that he was doing it to hide her identity and not let anyone know he actually had an accomplice. 

Coming back to Hong Ju, she is suddenly acting too strange. As I said, there have been inconsistencies around all the characters here actually. If Hong Ju was the accomplice, is an accomplice or killer, it does not explain her being so upset with Yo Han knowing he was the killer too. For now well, it looks like she is investigating the cases and finding the connections of it with Head Hunter's cases. 

Now whatever be the thing about Head Hunter being obsessed with heads, and there being a chance that he was using those heads for experiments. I still will not buy it if they did some transplant thing between Yo Han and Ba Reum causing Ba Reum to become like this. I am still not over the fact that he was allowed to do the surgery itself. 

There definitely is something in that big pot which Ba Reum saw at his old home. Not too sure what it could be. Cats' corpses, or something related to the victims here? Grandma's brooch will be found with Han Kook's body. That is what the killer has been doing all along. Ba Reum continuously getting flashbacks, this time of him hitting the boxer. His aunt is also hiding something. Things will start making sense when he will see his childhood picture. I am still not liking the direction this drama is going actually. 

I am not too sure about the baby swap thing here. But, let me come up with a crazy theory. What if, Ji Eun actually abandoned her child (Ba Reum) after the whole family murder thing. He was then adopted by the family who died in a car accident as the aunt said (she said the mom died though). Then feeling too guilty about her sins, she ended up adopting Yo Han (whose family had died in the fire accident). I am not really wanting this to happen, but still, with all the craziness happening, I would not surprised with the baby swap or this thing :joy: 

Oh, I like your theory, very possible that Ji Eun abandoned her child (Ba Reum) and adopted YH. Could BR be in the car accident (the wife of the other scienctist and a newly married step father, the baby could have miscarrage, who knows?) with his adopted parents, too? And he had brain damage before, which cause him to have lower IQ and hid his psychopath instrinct? That's why he cannot remember his childhood and he has no photos ) ? BR has no childhood photos displayed at his house at all, only 1 baby photo with his mother.

22 minutes ago, Avocado80 said:

I do believe like someone said above that the real killer for recent cases is Young Chul.. His father only help and protect him..
For the murder with victim that BR found...the killer is using white ring and his side face looking quite young..and I watch that YC is using the white ring too hmmmm....and he also Dong Go's friend in the restaurant..just recognized him when i re-watched ep 7 hmmmm...
Song Jae Hee the actor has quite a lot of drama under his portfolio (I remember him in Moon that Embrace the Sun)..so he should play quite important character

Very possible.

Edited by Fruitplus LSG
  • Like 3
  • Blob 2

14 minutes ago, Fruitplus LSG said:

Oh, I like your theory, very possible that Ji Eun abandoned her child (Ba Reum) and adopted YH. Could BR be in the car accident with his adopted parents, too? And he had brain damage before, which cause him to have lower IQ and hid his psychopath instrinct? That's why he cannot remember his past?  

I didnt realize BR couldnt remember his past.   :unsure:

I thought his memories just werent shown in the drama.

sparkly.. but Im waiting for the cinema scene...  :D

ExZdMX-VEAA-Sua?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BaBong?src=hashtag_click

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

I didnt realize BR couldnt remember his past.   :unsure:

I thought his memories just werent shown in the drama.

sparkly.. but Im waiting for the cinema scene...  :D

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BaBong?src=hashtag_click

He never mentioned about his childhood before Ep 8. So it's possible that he couldn't remember?? My guess only... LOL

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, nrllee said:

He lied about the case as well to MC make BR look bad?  Where did that JaePil arc come from?  The guy who decided to kill Capt Park’s daughter just because he was jealous about him?  :blink: Is that foreshadowing what will happen between SS and BR?  MC is obviously blown away by how astute BR is?  And SS is trying to bring BR’s new crime fighting genius status down.  

Yeah, Detective Shin keeps saying that Ba Reum isn't unwell. Me laughing at him is more of a absurdness laughing, rather than a funny laughing. Like he keeps saying that but Ba Reum is the real genius here because he's figuring out everything about the suspect. :huh:

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Bareum was so happy when MC asked him to join his team.

I like Bareum the most as detective Jung.   :wub:

I love how BR and BY were smiling under that umbrella.  

I agree! Ba Reum makes an awesome detective :D And I am totally onboarded the Bong Yi and Ba Reum ship

I hope the ending of Episode 8 with Han Seo Joon doing surgery on Ba Reum is all a misunderstanding and the drama is trying to trick us..

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, Avocado80 said:

I agree with this.  Woo Young-chul is highly suspicious.

10ff967ffd9539cac8c03be6a7b6583d6361b5ea

Headhunter was using children/orphans to lure his victims.

ab6def98810e3047c40c9ce5621cda1e537cdde5

Was Hong-ju mistaken for a boy, or was another child (Young-chul) there, too?

Spoiler

d5022a29c87bd1c644f3f67125ffbc54091f5bbf

e8f3454408bff04aa7d273a6e4778d9af309bf14

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Hi all. Just caught up with the last 2 episodes.

Are we going the makjang route? :smashes:

From what I can gather, BR’s frontal and temporal lobes were smashed, I don’t think it is physically possible for someone to recover fully without suffering some deficits.  The frontal lobe mainly is repsonsible for problem solving, social skills, emotions, judgment and temporal helps with memories, olfatory and aiditory sensations, taste.  BR not only retained a lot of his mental capacity, he became a genius!  The change in smell and food taste are definitely from the temporal lobe change.  His hearing is more acute, the bird’s chirping became annoying, he also forgot about having it as his pet... the killing is not necessarily only a display of his hidden psychopathic tendencies (?) but more to illustrate the change post surgeries.  

Most people would not survive after this kind of traumatic injury like BR.

Now, I don’t think  BY killed Yo Han.  She suffocated him; however, was interrupted before she could pull out his breathing tube.  I assume the surgeons reconnected the tube and kept YH alive (brain dead but alive).  They would need Yo Han’s family’s consent if they were going to do brain transplant (HAHAHAHAHA).... which prolly the route writernim is going ... HH’s consent to donate YH’s brain with the caveat that he performs the surgery on BR as well. LOL.... not sure why his mom Ji Eun was not in the picture!  

BR has multiple surgeries, the previous ones were unsuccessful because the damage was so severe.  The doctors lost hope until Bong Yi suffocated YH which eventually gave them the option of brain transplant. LOL

I am not liking the way the drama is going in episode 8.... LOL

For sure, either BR or YH is the killer of boxing trainer Song Soo Ho and is the boy in yellow raincoat (who eventually became the serial killer).  I’m curious why he doesn’t have memory of Jae Hoon.  Not yet anyway.  I can’t see how BR was able to murder father Moo Won and fought off Bong Yi that night? He came to the crime scene in different clothing, not visibly shaken like he was in a fight.  

About Hong Ju.  She is either Det Park’s missing dtr (the burial years ago was of another child with her clothing) or is HH’s first daughter (from Jennie, Daniel Lee’s sister who also had a child with HH LOLLLL).  She was groomed to be his accomplice.  Can someone reminds me if Hong Ju was fully awared that Yo Han is HH’s presumative son?  Her comments about being a kindred spirit to him as the child of a murderer threw me off.  Cuz if she knows he is HH’s son, quite twisted to be his GF.

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

About Hong Ju.  She is either Det Park’s missing dtr (the burial years ago was of another child with her clothing) or is HH’s first daughter (from Jennie, Daniel Lee’s sister who also had a child with HH LOLLLL).  She was groomed to be his accomplice.  Can someone reminds me if Hong Ju was fully awared that Yo Han is HH’s presumative son?  Her comments about being a kindred spirit to him as the child of a murderer threw me off.  Cuz if she knows he is HH’s son, quite twisted to be his GF.

Well, she knew about Yo Han being HH's son, which is the reason I sure that she is not HH's daughter. There is high chance that she is Det. Park's missing daughter here than other options. 

To me, well, might be that I am too hopeful right now, but the whole conversation in Yo Han's room between HH and the doctor could be just normal. Like they must have asked him to save Ba Reum, and he must have asked to see his son before that. But then again, as I said, I am just hopeful this is the case and not exactly what we are thinking about some transplant happening. 

Let's see what happens in the next episodes. 

By the way Chingus, I will be putting up the poll this week's episodes tomorrow. So please reach out to me, if you have suggestions for poll questions.

• Like 7

Okay I just finished watching episode 8 and I now understand why everyone feels the way they do. So it's obvious that the neurosurgeons did SOMETHING to Ba Reum because in the flashback when Bong Yi tried to suffocate Yo Han, the doctor says that Ba Reum's surgery HAS TO be successful, meaning probably that they'll do any means to make the surgery successful -- even if it means to bring Han Seo Joon out of jail, right? The logic and realistic aspect of that is, of course, off the charts, but I won't be surprised if that's what they did?

So did Han Seo Joon really do something to Ba Reum when performing brain surgery? Honestly, I don't think so. Okay so I STRONGLY felt (and also wanted to believe) that Ba Reum wasn't the killer from 1 year ago, but I don't know man. After Ba Reum having a memory of the boxer being beat up....The percentage of me believing that Ba Reum isn't the killer between him being the killer, it's decreasing as each episode passes :sweatingbullets: oR maYbE thE wRiter is gOiNg tHis RoUte and HSJ did something to Ba Reum (is this even logically possible?)

Also this episode made me not really like Hong Joo as much and be suspicious of her (Lol honestly everyone in this drama is suspicious and a potential killer and psychopath :loolz:). It seems like Hong Joo is not normal because a) she killed the mouse with her feet b) she helped Han Seo Joon (which by the way, what's the relationship between the two? Why is she helping him? Is she his secret child? Or did Han Seo Joon kidnap her? Or does Han Seo Joon know that she killed Detective Park's daughter, so that's why she's with him?) and c) it seems like she killed Detective Park's daughter. What if she's another person who has the psychopath gene? She can't be the 3rd person who has the psychopath gene because of the timeline right? But anyways, I'm just suspicious of this girl all together..

9 hours ago, holyfea said:

I also pointed that out, seems odd..

How if.. how if someone is burried over there?

My friend reminds me about HH's yard, when he put MC mom's head (still agony) over there.

By the way i hope it's not related to Han Kook, jebal..

There is DEFINITELY something under all of those pots and dirt... I'm not sure if it's a body or a person, but what if it's evidence from the killings 1 year ago?

@bedifferent i like what you said about Ba Reum and how his acute hearing and change in sense of smell is because of the surgery/damage in his lobes and post-surgery..

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Young killer of Kim young hee

He used dog to lure Kim young hee

He rear dog in his house to lure more other victim, mainly from girls from his counselling session or volunteer

He hates dog but he rear them and pretend to like them

He becomes the lawyer of Kim young hee family

Woo jae youngs father is a detective, woo might be the detective that close Kim young hee case quickly as suicide depression, knowing that young is a killer

They can close the case as depression because young know the victim had depression from hiss counselling

Kim young hee also from counselling?

Edited by Jolie TAN
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

23 minutes ago, ferily said:

Also this episode made me not really like Hong Joo as much and be suspicious of her (Lol honestly everyone in this drama is suspicious and a potential killer and psychopath ). It seems like Hong Joo is not normal because a) she killed the mouse with her feet b) she helped Han Seo Joon (which by the way, what's the relationship between the two? Why is she helping him? Is she his secret child? Or did Han Seo Joon kidnap her? Or does Han Seo Joon know that she killed Detective Park's daughter, so that's why she's with him?) and c) it seems like she killed Detective Park's daughter. What if she's another person who has the psychopath gene? She can't be the 3rd person who has the psychopath gene because of the timeline right? But anyways, I'm just suspicious of this girl all together..

She sure is suspicious. But what makes me think otherwise upon her being the killer, is just because she was too devastated and upset over the fact that Yo Han could be the main killer. She did not seem to have forgiven him too. But you never know. This drama, is filled with families of victims who just want to kill the killer (or even the suspect) or psychopaths :joy:

But the way she killed the mouse in front of that kid does hint towards her being not so normal. Also she does know about the killings in the past, at least knows that Jae Pil didn't kill Det. Park's daughter, which kind of means she knows who killed that girl (if she is not Det. Park's daughter). IF she knows that much, why doesn't she just come forward and make things clear. Of course of the main reasons would be that she would lose her job, and could also be targeted by the public because of it. But then again, there is something critical she seems to be hiding. She even met with HH recently. So for now, she has become the interesting character for me, replacing Yo Han here. 

Ba Reum getting the memory of hitting the boxer almost made it clear for me that he is the killer. I mean, I just hope that is the case, mainly because that seems more logical thing than the whole "part of brain" transplant stuff.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

This is me thinking out loud (shout out to Ed Sheeran - apologies in advance because the lyrics of his song in no wise contributed to this line of thought :lol:).  Think we’ve narrowed down the suspects because they’ve just conveniently been killed off?  Think again.  We’ll just keep adding everyone else that’s living to that list...no we’ll throw in more characters (like the lawyer guy WYC.).  Guess what?  Everyone has the psychopath gene to some extent you know?  Let’s figure out all the permutations possible that turn people into psychopaths?  Wait...you know what?  How about if we have a child that’s already got the gene, and give him a double dose of it?  By giving him parts of another serial killer’s brain?  Just to make “doubly” sure?  :lol: 

Moral of the story?  Don’t trust anyone.  

1. Not the doctors at hospitals (or going to hospital for that matter), because your attending doctor might inject you with a lethal dose of barbiturate or someone’s angry gf may just try to smother you with a pillow whilst you’re sedated, or someone’s mentally unstable wife may suddenly get clarity and casually take a scalpel off an operating table trolley and stab you to death.  If that doesn’t get you, there’s always MC who is trying his utmost to “kill someone” so that he get into prison to “kill someone” (HH).  :lol:

2. Not the police either.  They could well be serial killers in the hiding you know?  Imma looking at you Officer SS.  Like arsonists who start a fire but then go back and help put the fire out.  :lol:

3. Not your family.  Your sweet aunt who you thought took you in after the death of your mom is really hiding the fact that she knew of your killing tendencies but just hid it from you.  She turned you into a momma’s boy just to make sure nobody would be the wiser.  She most likely knew about the baby swap but decided NOT to tell you about it.  Hiding all the evidence of your torrid past.  Who knows?  She may well be one of HH’s minions - part of his secret HH club :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

@nrllee @Sleepy Owl @ferily Hong Ju I think is almost a case opposite of Bong Yi.  Whereas Bong Yi is attempting to deal with victimization and PTSD by empowering herself, Hong Ju compartmentalized her guilt by dissociation.  If she was indeed groomed to help HH (from fear to protect her family), what she did as a child is the key to the many murders that she supposedly used for her Sherlock shows.  This doesn’t land well with me either.  I was surprised that she did not have PTSD.  I don’t like that she convinced herself to maintain the victimized mentality instead of having the courage to disclose whatever she knows to the authorities.  Just like Yo Han, I assume she fears the stigma and fall out repercussions if people know what she did in the past.  I just can’t understand how she can hide her identity from watching her father (Det Park?) losing his composure in the hospital room with Jae Pil.  How can she not feel anything for her father or show some shock/tears when seeing him besides feeling visibly guilty?  Why doesn’t she contact her mother knowing what a devastating effect her death caused?  It doesn’t make sense for me.

If she was freed after HH’s capture, how did she survive all these years by herself?  She also must be financially capable of putting herself through college?  Did she join an orphanage?  Get adopted? How did she invent herself, with new identity? 

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

HJ was in a romantic relationship wit a serial killer and she continued to work in the police.

MC didnt tell anyone about that. Even he didnt ask her anything.  :rolleyes:

Something like that can only happen in a drama.

I dont like that BR and MC werent looking for BY.

MC said that he couldnt find her which is strange because he is a police officer.

Its also strange that BY didnt shout while fighting with that attacker in the house.

Bareum was infront of the house but he heard nothing.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1