larus

Hi my friend @kdramagrandma
Happy to read your thoughts and post.

@Jillia Thanks for the clips and @larus thanks for the articles

Many of you covered what I had thought of about this weeks episodes.

I still love the drama and there are constant details you notice and facts emerging.

I concur DY is not smart as initially thought but more manipulated. Yes SI with his delusions is kinder and amiable due to the changed memory visions. Learning more of his dad, his mentee and his speech to the residents about the new project. I am glad SJ plans to talk to the resident survivors.

AR being smart about the calls and holding firm to help despite being jailed. I too wonder what is the big secret the mom knows? The one the chairman is covering up?

HC is ruthless and asking to kill someone after they are no use or threat, we saw DY struggle as he thinks he loves HC but doesn’t want to get his hands dirty. Dang.

All versions SJ though short with DB , she always sought out her dad! So kids only do that with those they want attention from. When he is playing with her you do see the love from him! 

Still this drama is doing a great job keeping me hooked. 

Thanks all for your posts I do appreciate dramas more thanks to the forums.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think HC dad does not exist. It's all in her head. She is a psycho. No matter which timeline, she remains evil so far. She keeps on plotting to kill SJ. And I assume it's because she wants maximum amount of money before escaping and changing her identity again. DG is her pawn, no more, no less. I'm okay with DG being not so smart, shows that HC is the mastermind and the main planner. It's the opposite of SJ-Aeri dynamic. For SJ and Aeri, SJ is the brains while Aeri follows her emotions. Meanwhile for HC and DG, HC is the brains, while DG is just the emotional one and executioner. 

If ep 8 showed, how important is Aeri and Seojin's communication via phone, Ep9-10 showed the dynamics of HC-DG relationship. HC clearly has the upperhand and is using DG as she pleases.

Found a making video

Not sure I think not these clips from this week's episode were posted or not. But until next week's episode, I am really enjoying the twists and turns.

Rest under spoiler tab

Spoiler

11 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I think HC dad does not exist. It's all in her head. She is a psycho. No matter which timeline, she remains evil so far. She keeps on plotting to kill SJ. And I assume it's because she wants maximum amount of money before escaping and changing her identity again. DG is her pawn, no more, no less. I'm okay with DG being not so smart, shows that HC is the mastermind and the main planner.

Oh I actually wondered about this but the first time he comes to HC and SJ's house, you see that he interacts with SJ - moving towards him and about to talk to him before he gets a call. SJ looks at him.

I do agree she is a sociopath though.

I wish we had learnt a bit more about how their plan - HC and DG's - came about. She obviously married SJ to get his money so the plan was set a long time ago. We see her starting to push for a change when we saw them on the roof. DG had to infiltrate the company, etc. I hope we get to see this soon.

I did not mind that this week's episodes were slower. The kidnapping date passed so now a new dynamic need to be established. It is the transition. I did find Aeri a bit annoying in the sense of not being her determined self. Though her telling DG about a wrong sauna to know if he was the one calling just awesome!

It is also my first time posting on this thread but I have been lurking for a while :) Love readings your thoughts and guesses.

Kairos: Episodes 9-10 Open Thread

by Laica

Kairos9-10-00047.jpg

This show is so good, y’all. Once again, it takes us on a rollercoaster of emotions as our protagonists face new challenges in each timeline, cut off from their nightly communication. Meanwhile, the villains are beginning to get a clue, not only about Seo-jin and Ae-ri’s hidden connection, but about each other—and it’s too early to tell if that spells disaster or defeat for our heroes.

EPISODES 9-10 WEECAP

Kairos9-10-00024.jpg

Turns out Seo-jin dropped charges against Ae-ri on Chairman Yoo’s orders. He wants Seo-jin to lead a new project on the site of the collapse nineteen years ago. It’s clear that Chairman Yoo is using Seo-jin’s status as a victim of that tragedy to shield the company from criticism.

Seo-jin and Ae-ri each find out from a survivor who was close to both their fathers that this wasn’t a simple accident, and Yoojoong Construction definitely covered that up and deflected the blame to their partner company. Let’s hope the insurance Ae-ri’s mom left with Kim Jin-ho is enough to protect her from the chairman now that he’s found her.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/kairos-episodes-9-10-open-thread/

What To Look Forward To In The 2nd Half Of “Kairos”

101512b1a13d4b4f9fa79c6a39ea915e.jpeg?s=

Dec 6, 2020
by S. P

MBC’s “Kairos” is gearing up for its second half!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past — but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Here are three things to look forward to!

1. The ultimate reason behind Kim Seo Jin and Han Ae Ri’s crisis

Viewers are curious to find out why Kim Seo Jin and Han Ae Ri keep running into difficult situations. Although they were able to change the fates of Kim Seo Jin’s daughter and Han Ae Ri’s mother Kwak Song Ja (Hwang Jung Min), the child died, and Kwak Song Ja disappeared without a trace. In order to find the cause behind the continuing crisis, they follow a trail of clues and begin to discover the truth behind Yoo Joong Construction and the disaster that occurred 19 years prior. In the previous episode, Yoo Seo Il (Shin Goo), president of Yoo Joong Construction, revealed his dark side as he interrogated Kwak Song Ja on the location of an audio file. Viewers are theorizing about how all of the puzzle pieces will fit together.

2. Will Seo Do Kyun throw a wrench in Kim Seo Jin and Han Ae Ri’s plans?

Seo Do Kyun (Ahn Bo Hyun), who experienced time-crossing, could end up being a hindrance in Kim Seo Jin and Han Ae Ri’s coordinated plans. Previously, Seo Do Kyun was hopeful that he would be able to save the dead Kang Hyun Chae (Nam Gyu Ri), but he ran into difficulties after the Han Ae Ri of the past realized that he was pretending to be Kim Seo Jin. However, as Seo Do Kyun is willing to do anything for Kang Hyun Chae, it remains to be seen if he will take away the opportunity that connects the future Kim Seo Jin with the past Han Ae Ri.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1441896wpp/what-to-look-forward-to-in-the-2nd-half-of-kairos

Shin Sung Rok Finds Himself In A Sticky Situation After Regaining Consciousness In “Kairos”

7bf9fe10254b404db26f7fd4c9e07cd2.jpeg?s=

Dec 7, 2020
by S. Nam

MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Kairos” released new stills of Shin Sung Rok!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past — but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoiler

Previously, Kim Seo Jin lost both his wife Kang Hyun Chae (Nam Gyu Ri) and daughter Kim Da Bin (Shim Hye Yeon) due to a mysterious accident. Seo Do Kyun (Ahn Bo Hyun), who found traces of Lee Taek Gyu (Jo Dong In) at the set of the accident, attacked and accused him, but Lee Taek Gyu revealed that it had originally been Kang Hyun Chae’s plan to kill Kim Seo Jin. Furthermore, Kim Seo Jin, who had been in a coma, woke up at the end of episode 10.

The newly released stills reveal Kim Seo Jin in shock and fear. In the photos, someone visits his hospital bed and disappears after leaving a mysterious note. Kim Seo Jin looks anxious checking the contents of the note.

As the only family member who survived in an accident that could have killed the entire family, the investigation points towards Kim Seo Jin as a suspect. Furthermore, the upcoming broadcast will also reveal a piece of evidence on the set of the accident that will put Kim Seo Jin in an even more difficult position.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1442065wpp/shin-sung-rok-finds-himself-in-a-sticky-situation-after-regaining-consciousness-in-kairos

I know the cops detected seojin's ptsd meds in his, his wife and child's system, but wouldn't the autopsy show that it came through a needle injection? Hyunchae and Dalbin died on the spot so wouldn't the marks be easier to find? The cops are grossly incompetent. They are not even 1% sus why dokyun is so invested in someone else's family. Maybe instead of suspecting seojin - you look at the wife's tracks and that'll get them right back on track. Hyunchae's been visiting the crime scenes undisguised like it's her monthly bookclub meeting. I don't think it's that hard to trace her activities. 

I can't believe Aeri has to die for a third time in order for her mother's honesty.  

Nothing good comes with hiding things from each other when it's a life or death scenario.

The entire episode I needed a refresher - a week is perhaps too long for me. I keep forgetting things and having to fill in the dots. This is one of those dramas you should watch when it's complete. 

I am very happy with the development in EP 11. I initially thought that future Seo Jin forgets everything as the timeline coincide, but he was actually playing with Seo Do Kyun. Even when they showed that future Ae Ri died again, as future Seo Jin and past Ae Ri now realize who they need to fight, I am not really worried anymore. Seo Jin's fight now will focus on uncovering the truth about his father's death and the reason why the building collapsed. Chairman Yu is a formidable opponent that I am glad the second half will focus on him rather than Kang Hyun Chae-Seo Do Kyun. I actually cheer when Chairman Yu called Taek Gyu and said that Hyun Chae is too noisy. Because she really is. 

Watching Do Kyun got played was really satisfying. Him and Hyun Chae always look down on Seo Jin but now Seo Jin got the upper hand. Future Seo Do Kyun now is just an empty shell that lets his emotion unchecked with the death of Hyun Chae. The way he behaves enough to make future Seo Jin suspicious even if Seo Jin did lost his memory. 

I hope tonight's episode will not be a disappointment and I really want the screen time of Do Kyun-Hyun Chae to be reduce. They are not interesting to watch anymore. :elated: 

Plot twist and story development from eps 11. Now they're going to solve and fight against chairman Yu which is not gonna be easy. 

I'm also curious why did it take so long to uncover the truth? It's been yearrsss. And the syringe, it should be obvious. Usually the police will find out the mark easily while examine the body. But not on this drama. And also that old man who keep looking for Hyun Chae. What does he has to do with the whole drama?

WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon And Lee Joo Myung Are Devastated By Terrible News In “Kairos”

c649955635b34dd4b095b39f854cb6d8.jpeg?s=

Dec 8, 2020
by L. Kim

Kairos” has unveiled new stills of WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon and Lee Joo Myung!

“Kairos” is a new “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (played by Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past – but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Kang Seung Yoon and Lee Joo Myung play Han Ae Ri’s best friends Im Geon Wook and Park Soo Jung, respectively.

Spoilers

When Han Ae Ri learned that Yoo Seo Il (played by Shin Goo) took the medical records of her mother Kwak Song Ja (played by Hwang Jung Min), she told Im Geon Wook that she finally put all the puzzle pieces together. Kim Seo Jin witnessed Han Ae Ri being carried out on a stretcher, shocking viewers and leading them to wonder what happened to her.

In the new stills, Im Geon Wook and Park Soo Jung arrive at the accident site of Han Ae Ri. Im Geon Wook clutches onto the police officer with a look of disbelief and horror on his face. He can’t believe Han Ae Ri is dead, and he begs the officer to double check the truth. Park Soo Jung stands before the officer with a blank look on her face, but she bursts into tears in front of Im Geon Wook. The two are stunned into silence by the method of crime they learned at the scene, piquing curiosity about Han Ae Ri’s death.

winner-kang-seung-yoon-lee-joo-myung.jpg

Im Geon Wook previously prevented Han Ae Ri’s first death through “time crossing” with the future Kim Seo Jin, and Park Soo Jung prevented the abduction of Kim Seo-jin’s daughter Kim Da Bin (Shim Hye Yeon). Will they be able to join hands with Kim Seo Jin to go back in time and change Han Ae Ri’s fate once more?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1442365wpp/winners-kang-seung-yoon-and-lee-joo-myung-are-devastated-by-lee-se-youngs-death-in-kairos

Episode 11 was perfect. Seo jin and Aeri solved the puzzle and found out the mastermind of this whole chaos - The Chairman(no big surprise) 

Btw advance check mate chairman!! The countdown has begun and I can't wait to see his game end. 

I'm glad Lee Tae Kyu got what he deserved. Seo jin literally choked the life out of him and the evil guy was still laughing after that?! 

The preview of epi 12 revealed Aeri's mom in future talking to Aeri in the past. Their relationship melts my heart. Hope her mom in the past could somehow have a change of mind. I want an HEA where all the good characters live in peace and not battling catch - 22 situation every minute. 

I think you guys will love Episode 12 so much. At least I do, after all the marathoning/back and forth between fast-pacing plots in the last 4 episodes. This one is a healing. Even if I dont understand Korean, I still love it. Spoiler alert guys...:hwaiting:

I liked episode 11. I am glad that both Ae rui and Seo Jin discovered on their own who was the big baddie. It was not a surprised. Chairman Yo was my number one suspect from the beginning. Now I can`t wait to see how Ae Ri and Seo jin will do to catch him. Ae ri from the past has prevent Seo Jin`s "accident" and her murder. Seo Jin from the past is getting suspisious about that happened  in the past and with Yujung Construction. Perhaps they will work together.

1 hour ago, inna75 said:

I think you guys will love Episode 12 so much.

I can`t wait to watch it.

The connection between Ae Ri and Seo Jin was finally revealed in EP 12. I am glad that past Seo Jin is quick-witted and he managed to connect the dots after some probing. Kudos for past Seo Jin for warning Kim Jin Ho to escape before Taek Gyu's arrival. I guess the writer intended to make future Seo Jin to work with future mom that is why mom keeps concealing the truth from Ae Ri. Future Seo Jin really need some companion to work with and with the addition of future Mom and Geon Wook, he is not alone anymore. 

I wonder what future Seo Do Kyun will do now that he knows that Hyun Chae has been using him all along. Will he fizzles through or the writer will make him work with Seo Jin. I am rather curious how will his character be use to move the story along. Past Do Kyun who didn't know the truth might be Chairman Yu's latest pawn to bring down Seo Jin. 

Hyun Chae really is a rotten character from the start. I wonder if she will get any redemption arc but I sort of don't want to. With her father's revelation, it answers my question how she is able to learn violin from young. Abandoning parents after they gone bankrupt really is heartless. But a young child hurt her friend to a point being disabled because she wants to get adopted instead really is concerning. I wonder how her story will affect past Seo Jin now. I lowkey don't want them to stay together because unless she make effort to correct all her past mistakes, I don't really see a happy ending between her, Seo Jin and Da Bin. However, considering how past Seo Jin has been changing into more of a family man now, I think I will understand if he wants to stay with Hyun Chae for the sake of Da Bin. 

It was not a surprise that Seo Jin was with Ae ri`s dad in that building. I just knew that the time is related with that  tragedy but it is alright. It makes sense for the writer to explain that strange connection through time.

Chairman Yoo is killing people left anf right just to cover this evil deeds. I know it will be hard to get but I can`t wait for Ae ri and Seo Jin to succeed. I want them to be alive and happy.

I felt that it was the time for Ae Ri and Seo jin to meet in the past and team up and I am glad to see it in the end of ep 12. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

LI felt that it was the time for Ae Ri and Seo jin to meet in the past and team up and I am glad to see it in the end of ep 12. 

I like the events that led to their meet up. Seojin finally learning the truth and met Aeri 'accidently' at her own house and they both realized their watch connection together.

I liked that their connection or fate does not feel forced. And I really like that Seojin is not 'forced' to trust Aeri by outside influence like video recordings etc. They now have mutual trust. I feel that Seojin uncovering the puzzle pieces which led him to Aeri is more impactful than shoving videocall recordings, text recordings etc2 to make him believe her words.

The writer is really good with her/his world building so far. Some elements in Kairos isn't really unpredictable...maybe most of us vaguely predicted who the villains are, mysterious guy was Aeri dad etc2. However it's so well executed. The writer ties the plot points nicely, the characters are fleshed out and their actions make sense. Writernim also wrote refreshingly smart protagonists, loved how both Seojin and Aeri caught Dogyun in their own individual traps. 

Hoping writernim will wrap up the story well. I kinda have high hopes after 12 solid episodes. Please be good until the end~

22 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

The writer is really good with her/his world building so far. Some elements in Kairos isn't really unpredictable...maybe most of us vaguely predicted who the villains are, mysterious guy was Aeri dad etc2. However it's so well executed. The writer ties the plot points nicely, the characters are fleshed out and their actions make sense. Writernim also wrote refreshingly smart protagonists, loved how both Seojin and Aeri caught Dogyun in their own individual traps. 

I totally agree with your whole post. I agree also that the plot is not unpredictable but that doesn`t matter for me. I don`t need convoluted twists that feel contrived. I prefere something that makes sense and is simple than making a complicated story who is not coherent and using over the top twist and turns.

I don`t care about rating but this show deserves more recognition. I am pleased that it was a good show. I think I trust the writer to give us a good ending.

Kairos: Episodes 11-12 Open Thread

by Laica

Kairos11-12-00060.jpg

In a whirlwind of a week, our heroes finally put the puzzle pieces together in both the present and future, gearing up for the fight of their lives. As alliances between the villains shift and re-form, for once our heroes gain allies of their own, giving them a bit of hope after weeks of racing against time to stop one tragedy after another.

EPISODES 11-12 WEECAP

Kairos11-12-00003.jpg

Ae-ri’s mom comes home, after refusing to give Chairman Yoo the incriminating recording. Ae-ri works on figuring out the reason for her mother’s disappearance, since Mom steadfastly refuses to say anything.

In the future, Do-kyun overhears the police labeling Seo-jin their prime suspect for the accident. He extracts Seo-jin from the hospital and takes him home, revealing that he’s been in touch with Ae-ri and knows about their time-traveling phone calls.

Confused and traumatized, Seo-jin remembers Taek-kyu injecting them all with something after he hit them with the truck, and vows to kill Taek-kyu himself.

They meet him, and Seo-jin strangles Taek-kyu until he admits that Chairman Yoo ordered Hyun-chae’s death because she was blackmailing him

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/kairos-episodes-11-12-open-thread/

3 Moments From “Kairos” That Kept Viewers On The Edge of Their Seats

3d41fc8c3da4400086c1bd4f9f820aa2.jpeg?s=

Dec 14, 2020
by S. Nam

MBC’s “Kairos” is keeping viewers guessing with its unexpected twists and turns!

With four episodes remaining until its finale, here are three moments viewers couldn’t take their eyes off of in “Kairos”!

Spoilers

When the past and the future were connected

Kim Seo Jin and Han Ae Ri’s initial cooperation created unexpected twists in the story by changing their fates when they encountered dangerous situations. In episode 4, Kim Seo Jin from the future sent a warning message to Han Ae Ri, allowing her to narrowly escape the scene in which she could have been murdered. Furthermore, when Kim Seo Jin was being arrested by the police on the suspicion of killing Han Ae Ri’s mother Kwak Song Ja (Hwang Jung Min) at the end of episode 6, his fate suddenly changed when the Han Ae Ri living in the past found her mother.

Lee-Se-Young.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1443357wpp/3-moments-from-kairos-that-kept-viewers-on-the-edge-of-their-seats

Archived