larus

I watched episode 7 and bang... Seo Jin finds his daughter and wife. He is in danger now. In the past, Ae Ri and her friends want to prevent the kidnapping but bang... Ae ri is getting arrested. The future Seo Jin and Do Kyun disappear from that Forest villa. Ae Ri is released from jail  (we don`t know why Seo Jin changed his mind or maybe it was chairman who did it since Ae Ri mother went to Yujung). I believe it is the second scenario. She doesn`t want to talk to the future Seo jin but bang... he has an accident with his family and Ae ri will help him again. I like how this show is keeping me on the edge of my seat. I hope this show will continue to be good until the end. We are halfway.

I like how scary is Kang Hyun-Chae. When she made Do hyun something to eat and she used sweet words but I was scared for him. :lol:

I don`t even interested about the detais of the time connection. But I am curious why the messages remain in Ae Ri`s phone even if the time events in the future have changed. It is the case of changing only the future and the past remains? And how Seo Jin is having flashes of the future events that were erassed/changed?

There is a strong connection between Ae ri and Seo jin. Things were not resolved. New problems will arise. To not forget....Lee Taek-Kyu is aparently under |Do Hyun`s orders but he is working independetly from him. Probably under the Chairman`s orders. I still have the CEO my number one suspect. :D

I can`t wait to watch the next episodes. My favorite airing show right now. 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually don't mind Seojin character in ep 8 because he's consistent. He never believed Aeri from the moment she met him at his office. It wouldn't make sense if he suddenly believes her especially after how suspicious she looks around him. It's also inline with how the chairman and Dogyun describe him: he doesn't trust people. 

The Seojin that contacted Aeri was different than the one she met in person, and she knew that as per her conversation with her friends. Seojin9 was initially a hard character too, but the events around him (his daughter and wife dead, he was falsely accused etc2) changed him bit by bit. This was most obvious during his conversation with Jin Ho where he apologized and said he finally understood what Jinho went through after he personally experienced the loss of his own daughter. And also when he repeatedly apologize and thank Aeri in their many conversations.

I think the beginning of Ep 8 (golf, fight, breakfast) are new events that didn't happen in Seojin9 timeline. The events before the violin performance has changed. In ep 1, they talked about the concert, babysitter etc in their bedroom on the night before the concert. In ep 8, they fought and talked about it over breakfast on the day of the concert.

(Edit: I rewatched ep 8, maybe the events were a previous year flashback since HC does the charity event yearly)

I really want Seojin to know that his wife is evil. The current Seojin now knows his wife is a liar. But he doesn't know that she's a cheater and also a psycho 'potential' killer. Divorce her Seojin! Remove the ring from your finger before it's too late.

@katakwasabi I agree which is why I hope he maintains his memories up until his pending death. Aeri needs to tell him his wife is cheating and who she is cheating with just in case he does not retain this recent event. OAN, I believe Aeri's mother is threatening the chairman and that is how this thing comes full circle. 

This drama is quite intriguing.                          

1 hour ago, foreverempress said:

@katakwasabi I agree which is why I hope he maintains his memories up until his pending death. Aeri needs to tell him his wife is cheating and who she is cheating with just in case he does not retain this recent event. OAN, I believe Aeri's mother is threatening the chairman and that is how this thing comes full circle. 

This drama is quite intriguing.                          

I don't know how Aeri can tell him his wife is cheating. In the previous timeline, his wife was dead and she knows how devastated Seojin was, he was clinging to the hope of saving his wife and daughter. It was not her place to tell him his dead wife cheated on him and break whatever hope he had and it might break the trust they built. She still needed Seojin to find her mother.

In this new timeline, where the kidnapping didn't happen, current Seojin doesn't believe her at all, despite anything she or her friends say. 

I feel the only way current Seojin will learn about his wife cheating is by himself...either his previous memory returns or he sees them with his own eyes. But I don't think it would be from Aeri. 

Kairos: Episodes 7-8 Open Thread

by Laica

Kairos7-8-00002.jpg

It’s almost D-Day, and our heroine has formulated a plan to prevent the kidnapping of an innocent child. In the future, our hero makes a shocking discovery that may help him put all the pieces together. But the villains are catching on, and both of them are in danger of losing everything. It’s a tense, tearful ride as they try outrun the constantly evolving danger they f

EPISODES 7-8 WEECAP

Hope returns as Ae-ri finds her mother, erasing her murder from the future and restoring Seo-jin’s freedom, but Mom disappears the next day after fobbing Ae-ri off with half-truths.

She threatens someone at Yoojoong Construction to leave Ae-ri alone or she’ll expose what she knows.

Kairos7-8-00024.jpg

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/kairos-episodes-7-8-open-thread/

11 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I really hope the 2nd half is as amazing as the first half. Pleaseeeeeee~ fighting Kairos team!!! 

If they will keep it good until the end I will be more than pleased. I don`t even dare to be optimistic but I am still hoping. I had good experiences with newbie writers who surprised me in a good way. I always cheer for them. We need more good writers in kdramaland.  

17 minutes ago, larus said:

If they will keep it good until the end I will be more than pleased. I don`t even dare to be optimistic but I am still hoping. I had good experiences with newbie writers who surprised me in a good way. I always cheer for them. We need more good writers in kdramaland.  

I am very happy with ep1-8. The rookie PD-writer team did an amazing job establishing and wrapping up the 1st half. I'm hoping it will end well. I don't know what to expect with the 2nd half anymore. So much happened and also un-happened hahaha.

The kidnapping scene in ep 8 was so well directed and scored + acted. They managed to focus on > 9 characters scattered around the hotel and some where outside but it was seamless. It looked similar to the kidnapping in ep 1 but also different. The setting is the same but with additional characters and viewed from different angles. It was so thrilling to watch. Eventhough I can expect that Aeri would be caught, I was still on the edge of my seat through out the scene. Kudos to the team! 

Lee Se Young Boldly Confronts Ahn Bo Hyun Amidst Rising Tension In “Kairos”

47bb730d6e2948b1ae40b573f4e2c750.jpeg?s=

Nov 30, 2020
by S. P

MBC’s “Kairos” has released new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past — but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoilers

Previously, Han Ae Ri witnessed Kim Seo Jin’s wife Kang Hyun Chae (Nam Gyu Ri) having an affair with Seo Do Kyun (Ahn Bo Hyun), Kim Seo Jin’s right-hand man. Additionally, she also knows that he is connected to Kim Seo Jin’s secretary Lee Taek Gyu (Jo Dong In), who has committed numerous murders. Viewers are expecting thrilling developments to take place after Seo Do Kyun saw the messages exchanged between Kim Seo Jin and Han Ae Ri.

In the midst of this, new stills show Han Ae Ri coming face-to-face with Seo Do Kyun and piercing him with a cold stare. As the only person who knows of Seo Do Kyun’s affair, it remains to be seen what the woman who previously stopped Kim Da Bin’s (Shim Hye Yeon’s) abduction will do next.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1440988wpp/lee-se-young-boldly-confronts-ahn-bo-hyun-amidst-rising-tension-in-kairos

I was waiting to start watching this because I didn't want to suffer long time doing the weekly wait but this was so good and I couldn't help but binged watching at the end all 7 eps at once hahahaha.....and now I still have to wait every week for new eps!

On 11/26/2020 at 1:47 PM, larus said:

I don`t even interested about the detais of the time connection. But I am curious why the messages remain in Ae Ri`s phone even if the time events in the future have changed. It is the case of changing only the future and the past remains? And how Seo Jin is having flashes of the future events that were erassed/changed?

There is a strong connection between Ae ri and Seo jin. Things were not resolved. New problems will arise. To not forget....Lee Taek-Kyu is aparently under |Do Hyun`s orders but he is working independetly from him. Probably under the Chairman`s orders. I still have the CEO my number one suspect. :D

I can`t wait to watch the next episodes. My favorite airing show right now. 

I was thinking same too. If the kidnapping didn't happen in first place, the future SeoJin shouldn't exist anymore so how did current SeoJin gets flashes of that future? Or the show will assume that future still exists up until SeoJin turns to ashes?

Did AeRi's father do something to save SeoJin during the building collapse and told him to tell his daughter something before he died? Maybe SeoJin owes them something like that hence they have this connection?

Why didn't future SeoJin tell AeRi that his daughter will break something at the recital so maybe she can use that as a proof to the current SeoJin when that happened again?

I am familiar with all 4 leads having watched them on their previous dramas (NamGyuRi, it's been a long time since I saw her in 49Days). Now, this is my minor complain but I noticed it enough and was somewhat distracted while watching (and still loving the drama). Here, Lee See Young's character (AeRi) somehow always talks in out-of-breath mode (like grasping for air). Or dragging it out for nasal voice at the end of sentences (I can' really describe it). So weird and distracting  for me.

'Kairos' Ahn Bo-Hyun "Is the person I just called?"… Future X Past was connected with myself'Shock'

In'Kairos', Ahn Bo-hyun was shocked to talk to herself in the future.

On this day, Ari (played by Lee Se-young) got a call from Seo-jin (played by Shin Seong-rok), whose life was in danger.

Hyeon-chae (played by Nam Gyu-ri) checked the mysterious medicine box in Seo-jin's suit and was worried about the safety of Dabin (played by Shim Hye-yeon), but Seo-jin only said, "I know I will do it." Hyeon-chae stopped by the pharmacy the next day and inquired about the drug's identity.

In the meantime, Ari encountered Gunwook (played by Kang Seung-yoon) and Sujeong (played by Lee Joo-myeong). The two asked to block Seojin's contact,
Ari was only worried about the late Songja (played by Hwang Jung-min). Sujeong soothed Ari, saying, "My mother has contacted me, I will contact you again, proof that it is okay." Ari said, "I will only think about finding my mother," but she got tired.

Hyeonchae and Dogyun secretly met. Do-gyun becomes anxious that Seo-jin will check if Dabin has chips on his doll
"Just get rid of it, did you start working without that determination?" said Hyeon-chae. "After this work, I will live as a different person with a different name and birth, what are you afraid of, not afraid, not as desperate as I am."

Do-gyun tried to capture Hyeon-chae's heart by saying, "I've lived only looking at you all my life," and Hyeon-chae left, saying, "Then show me."
Han Chae, Do-gyun, and Han Chae, who were living together in the rooftop room, said to Do-gyun, "I'm tired of the fakes you give me, how long do I have to pretend to be real as fakes?" Was notified.

Do-gyun promised, "I will do everything you really want, do you believe me? I will make you really happy."
Hyeon-chae turned around saying, "Then show me." Do-gyun, who had such a trauma, turned around and looked at Hyeon-chae and clenched it, saying, "I'll show you somehow."

Hyeon-chae secretly stole Dabin's doll, and found a chip in it. In addition, she learned that the medicine Seojin is taking is medicine for depression and anxiety disorders.

That evening, Hyeon-chae witnessed Seojin taking medicine while showing signs of anxiety. Then she smiled strangely. The next day, Hyeon-chae found the hospital records in Seo-jin's study.

At the same time, Seojin went to the hospital where Jinho (Gyupil) is. Seojin said he was sorry to Jinho, but Jinho was angry, saying, "If it came out like this earlier, I didn't pretend to hear it in the meantime." Seojin said, "I'm also a victim of the Taejeong Town collapse accident," and that his father was also sacrificed.
(Google translate)

more https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/11/30/PXR5JPYXG4OXQCUJ4QBIXI5XYE/

Stills

BF.24572764.1.jpg

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/2020113055844

1ZALX89TSF_1.jpg

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=82691

Welcome @cuplik and YES soo addictive isn't it? So refreshing.

@larus YESSSSSSH I so agree these newbie rookie writers are AMAZING. I love that the usual tropes are not used and we are SOOOO kept on our toes with every plot twist and episode

At lunch (late one) at work and just had to chime in. I finally watched both episodes last Monday as last week was a bit crazier than normal for me. OHHHH so good. Glad that they did two episodes instead of making us wait again for one episode. YES. Thank you.

@Jillia  and @katakwasabi Thanks for today's clips and the preview for tomorrow.

I found other clips 

look under spoiler tag 

Spoiler

Oh Lord please don't let this drama go down the drain the way the Alice Drama did!

I like it, but it should end after 12 episodes. Anything more than that will lead to silliness similar to the silliness of the last 5 minutes of today's episode. The writer is trying to fill in time.

I already have trust issues with Rookie writers especially ones dealing with time bending.

Ahn Bo Hyun Is Desperate To Keep Nam Gyu Ri By His Side In “Kairos”

b54ac4c33e7649c7a9dda65502b06eb3.jpeg?s=

Dec 1, 2020
by L. Kim

MBC’s “Kairos” has released new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past – but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoilers

Previously, the future Seo Do Kyun (Ahn Bo Hyun) broke down in devastation after seeing a dead Kang Hyun Chae (Nam Gyu Ri). He also intercepted Kim Seo Jin’s call from Han Ae Ri, and through talking to his past self, he experienced a “time-crossing” moment.

In the midst of this, new stills show Seo Do Kyun clinging onto Kang Hyun Chae’s hand. He gazes at her with nervous eyes, and she looks up at him with an unreadable expression.

ahn-bo-hyun-nam-gyu-ri-31.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1441181wpp/ahn-bo-hyun-is-desperate-to-keep-nam-gyu-ri-by-his-side-in-kairos

I like ep 9. I feel that it was a good intro to the 2nd arc and bigger picture. All their actions are related to the actions in the previous timeline. After Dabin's kidnapping didn't happen, Hyunchae and Dogyun are still scheming together to make something happen. They even tried to 'frame' Seojin again for illegal material by trying to hide or remove the additional test he made (one of the reason HC went through his study room). They found out about the tracker and removed it too. Dogyun knowing the text messages and digging deep about it, changed the whole game. Now he's experienced what ever Seojin experienced before. It would be interesting to see his reactions to this new 'ability' he has.

Meanwhile (new)Seojin gets flashes of memories which he treats as 'delusions'. The good thing is...his reactions to the delusions are good. It softens him and he starts to see the wrongs in his ways, and he starts to see events from a different perspective. He hated his dad because dad left him, but now he sees it differently too~

Something bigger happened 19 years ago. I think Seojin dad didn't kill himself but he was killed because he tried to dig about the cause of the collapse that supposedly 'killed' his son.

Quoting a knetz comment:
"The cool feeling of Kairos is that the narrative layers are stacked in detail and detail to the characters, so it shows that there is nothing absolute and that they are all relative, and it does not necessarily give it to the main role, but gives opportunities to all the characters who can change the situation. Everyone in the world has a chance. And say that you just have to grab it".

@Nodame Thanks for the welcome!

Well, this drama has managed to keep me engrossed, even if I'm starting to feel a bit fatigued by the repetition in story line--Ae Ri has to save Seo Jin and family again, her mom ran away again. That said, the writer is managing to make it seem different by adding in layers to the plot, which is still making sense. So I'm not complaining (yet).

My only issue with the entire story line has to do with Ae Ri's mom holding onto this huge secret. I mean, if it was a danger to her and her daughter, why wouldn't she just release it to the press already? Because she's clearly not trying to milk it for anything until recently. And she's only doing that to protect her daughter, right? She doesn't seem to have any bigger goal in mind, other than to live peacefully with Ae Ri. Anyway, I hope the show answers this question well.... Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

I think this is my first post here but I have been watching this drama since the premiere week. I love that the plot moves really fast and there was a lot of things going on. However, after watching this week episodes, I am feeling tired and I was losing focus most of the time. I don't know if it because I am so used to the adrenaline rush I felt during earlier episodes, this week feel soooo flat despite they revealing quite a lot of new information.

I love Ae Ri and future Seo Jin so much and how they build rapport between each other that I really miss how they try to communicate. This week focus on Do Kyun and Hyun Chae bored me to death. At first, I thought that Do Kyun is the ultimate smarty mastermind for Hyun Chae's escape plan, but now I feel like watching a naive boy who is extremely infatuated with a very manipulative psychopath and who knows nothing about her plan behind his back nor her true objective.

As for Hyun Chae, really, what is her objective trying to kill off Seo Jin. His money? You are already throwing it off away paying everyone for your escape plan anyway, why don't you just pay your dad? Do you really think that he won't find you after you change your identity? I thought they have marriage problem but it is actually not the case. Yes, he is extremely ambitious that lead him being so busy with work but watching how Da Bin behaves around him, he actually has good relationship with her and Da Bin also look for him when he was not around.  Their fighting started only recently because Seo Jin suspected that Hyun Chae lied about her background. Talking about Hyun Chae's background, where did she live growing up? After burning the house when she was the kid, where did she run off to? She must have live with quite well off family if she can afford to learn violin until being accepted into music school? However, the worst of it, I have many questions about her, but I really don't want to watch her scenes. That airy voice of her that should sound menacing felt off now and she has been using that same tone throughout the story I feel nothing anymore. 

Enough of complain, I freaking love the scene where Ae Ri tricked future Do Kyun. She has been in contact with future Seo Jin for about a month, do you really think she won't feel off that Seo Jin asking her directly to kill Taek Gyu and he will to do anything for her but in fact the only one thing she keep asking was finding her mother. Real future Seo Jin won't ever send that kind of message because he knows very well what Ae Ri wants. He got the whole messages transcript but got no brain to analyze what Ae Ri wants. Seo Jin warned her not to kill Geon Wook but now asking her to kill someone. This is where I concluded that Do Kyun is not that smart as I originally thought he is.

For past Seo Jin, I really want him to know the truth faster now. I hate watching the scenes where he tried to spent some time with his family but Hyun Chae keeps calculating her moves around him waiting for her time to execute her plan to kill him. I am really sad that he actually got no one on his side. The chairman only keeps him around and siding with him because he wants the secret to the collapse to remain unknown. He will keep getting flashes of what future Seo Jin went through after  Da Bin's kidnapping so I really hope that he realizes that Hyun Chae, Do Kyun and Taek Gyu were not trustworthy at all. 

I hope that this week episodes were only for a breather and a lot more action will resume now that the future Seo Jin wakes up. I miss getting really pumped up watching everything unfold. 

Archived