[Drama 2022-2023] Missing: The Other Side 2, 미씽: 그들이 있었다 2

0ly40

Thank you @Blizzardistkaputt and @Hannahmiriam for the info regarding Thomas Korean independence fighters background. Sometimes I do like to do research other times I don't.<_<

While I'm curious to know what happened to Thomas, although, most of us kinda know.  I'm really curious to know what happened to Baby Huey.  He has the mind of a 6 yr old with a grown body. Since people don't age in this village, Beom Soo arrived this way. There's no research involved, only picking up clues and guessing why and how he died. License plate number or some ones phone number is a clue.B) 

• Like 2

I think everyones agree, YN and Thomas???

I'm sorry for thinking that Thomas might be the villain, I like him more and more after each episodes. But we still don't know huh? The next episode preview showed that he's holding a knife? But it could be lead to smth like a plot twist or you know just Thomas being Thomas and probably just cuts some fruits? No one knows until next week :cry:EiVTvJVUcAEOdXA?format=jpg&name=large

Cr. Pict: 

https://twitter.com/OCN_ORIGINAL/status/1307490665031376896?s=20

• Like 3

Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, filming of all tvN and OCN drama series stopped from August 24, 2020 to August 31, 2020. Because of the pause in filming, ep. 7 and 8 of "Missing" will not air during the weekend of September 19th & 20th and instead air September 26th and 27th. - Asian wiki 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bohyunlovers said:

I do think of this possible as well. Looks like HyunMi really misses her son that is no way if Wook isn't hers :/

in the last episode, we saw that the detective's fiancee is not the grandchild because the dna didn't match. I already commented before that i think wook is the grandchild and at the last episode, my hunch became clearer that he might really be the grandson.

• Like 3

Wook saw Kim soo yeon Murder. It looked like the murderer could be chairwoman/grandma secretary. 

the possibility that wook is the grandchild is high but there is also the possibility that detective shin is the grandchild or at least his mother knows more that she lets on. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I can't believe detective shin just ignored Wook? Someone got kidnapped and he will chase a maybe. His obsession with finding his finance is blinding him. As for his finance, I didn't like how she just let that guy go, without letting the rest of the villager know. 

• Like 3

On 9/28/2020 at 9:20 AM, joccu said:

Wook saw Kim soo yeon Murder. It looked like the murderer could be chairwoman/grandma secretary. 

the possibility that wook is the grandchild is high but there is also the possibility that detective shin is the grandchild or at least his mother knows more that she lets on.

It’s strange that I get a vibe that Wook is the grandchild yet it seems for sure that he’s his mother’s child. The fact that he seemed close to the daughter and affectionately called her “Aunt” seems to be unusual. There are also those memories of her hugging Wook and stuff. I feel something is off here and that maybe in order to live with her child, the daughter used the maid to adopt her child and bring him into the house. What throws me off is that Wook’s mom seem to be the real deal and yet, I can also see her being a cover for the daughter and her son.

Regarding the detective, his mother didn’t really seem like she was hiding something. She seemed to wonder why all of this is happening now but it was more like she finds it odd. She didn’t really seem nervous or let on that she knew that he was the grandchild that she knows the chairwoman is looking for. And there’s also the possibility that she would want to be compensated for raising that family’s grandchild since she seem to believe in status? Let’s say she doesn’t know that the detective is the grandchild, then it had to have been that she adopted her son. Then why was she so prejudiced against Yeo Na who is an orphan just like her son?

• Like 4

What I really expected from the eps, is that at least one body would be found per ep. At the least one body per week. We have three eps to go till the end and there are so many people in the village still waiting for their bodies to be found.  Actually the village should be bigger like a continent. There are so many missing people in the world.

This drama, kinda reminds me of Gulligan's Island. An old series. Seven women and men stranded in an island. Wook would be Gulligan, and Thomas would be the professor. They're all waiting to be found.

Looks like the bad guys are being found out. Since many in the village seem to be connected, maybe when one is found, the rest will follow.  Here's crossing my fingers.

• Like 1

After watching ep 9, I am confused about the timeline. So if the chairwoman’s daughter gave birth to Wook in 1990, it means that Wook will be 30 years old now. Then with his mom disappeared 27 years ago he would only be 3 years old. And obviously he was much older than 3 years old in the flashbacks. 

On 9/20/2020 at 3:35 AM, Hannahmiriam said:

@tulip06 & @brooksmom I think Thomas died during the Japanese occupation, as he had a photo with other independence fighters and he "addressed" them as comrades. 

I am wondering why would someone from the Japanese occupation dye their hair blonde ? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

After watching ep 9, I am confused about the timeline. So if the chairwoman’s daughter gave birth to Wook in 1990, it means that Wook will be 30 years old now. Then with his mom disappeared 27 years ago he would only be 3 years old. And obviously he was much older than 3 years old in the flashbacks. 

I am wondering why would someone from the Japanese occupation dye their hair blonde ? 

I have the same dilemma. Did men dye their hair in those times? I think there weren't even many women who did it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hannahmiriam said:

I have the same dilemma. Did men dye their hair in those times? I think there weren't even many women who did it. 

I am thinking of four possibilities for the blonde hair:

1. He has blonde in his genes.

2. The actor wants it this way.

3. Thomas wants it this way and found a way to bleach and dye his hair.

4. When he entered the village, there was a chemical change that took effect, and though Thomas thinks it odd, he has to live with it in his village life.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1