[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

FAF ? FOR WHAT ?

preview summary

Young In asks Song Ah to work in Kyung Hoo 

Joon Young asks his mother to divorce his father because he wants his mother live happily.

Song Ah finally works in Kyung Hoo and she will the assistant pianist for Jun Young in end of year recital along with Jung Kyung and Hyun Ho

JOON YOUNG WILL GO ABROAD THE HELL WRITER NIM AND HE ASKS SONG AH TO ACCOMPANY HIM !!!!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 6

Omg, the preview though.. it looks like what we were predicting might come true, about SA working at Kyunghoo.. Also it looks like JK, HH and JY are going to do the trio performance for Kyunghoo? Finally, I think we will see JY perform, is it in the competition?? but seems like he invites SA to it and she isn’t in her seat. Oh man guys, I’m skeptical now about a happy ending. Will we get an happy ending or an open-ended ending?

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ferily said:

Omg, the preview though.. it looks like what we were predicting might come true, about SA working at Kyunghoo.. Also it looks like JK, HH and JY are going to do the trio performance for Kyunghoo? Finally, I think we will see JY perform, is it in the competition?? but seems like he invites SA to it and she isn’t in her seat. Oh man guys, I’m skeptical now about a happy ending. Will we get an happy ending or an open-ended ending?

The preview showed Joon Young gave her (?) plane ticket and she doesnt show up and even she said we already broke up so we better be friend and she also says goodbye :(

• Like 4
  • Unamused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 2

Stupid Prof did her usual gave her 50 marks and bumped her off the stage before she could finish. I like the writer didn't make her suddenly improve she was still her usual self, well practised but prob not fantastic. JK's prof looked like she appreciated her efforts tho. On the graduation recital Director Nah passed on and every one came to pay their respects. JY saw her at the funeral (and oaf, his face when they saw each other-- he was asking for an audience and begging her with his eyes not to walk away like we saw in the preview) JY asked to accompany her. (MinJae was so good in the scene when he asked her, may I accompany you- I can play Brahms, I want to do it) SA played her heart out at the graduation and they performed together, like we wished. They held hands and received the audience's applause, even nasty prof clapped. Jk's prof clapped appreciatively of her efforts too. SA's sis looked like she might cry from being so proud of her sis Awww. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 4

then SA thanks JY backstage, but JY loath to leave. 

SA tells him that she was thinking about why the prof decided to send in Traumerei out of all the songs JY practised in his room that day. it must be because that performance came from his heart. SA tells him to play from his heart and follow his heart and wishes him well.... and JY says SARANGHE.

He says he is going to take her advice, even if saying this may cause SA to be in more pain, he wants to do what his heart tells him for once, because if he didn't he thinks he might regret it forever.

then it cuts to SA leaving the building... and it is snowing. It doesn't look like she accepted....:criesariver:

• Like 8
  • Sad 8
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, rukizie said:

FAF ? FOR WHAT ?

preview summary

Young In asks Song Ah to work in Kyung Hoo 

Joon Young asks his mother to divorce his father because he wants his mother live happily.

Song Ah finally works in Kyung Hoo and she will the assistant pianist for Jun Young in end of year recital along with Jung Kyung and Hyun Ho

JOON YOUNG WILL GO ABROAD THE HELL WRITER NIM AND HE ASKS SONG AH TO ACCOMPANY HIM !!!!!!!!

Final preview is always tricky as they do not want to show everything. let us hope for a satisfying ending. :D 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@shazai Thank you for uploading the preview! Okay I did further analysis of the preview and the ticket that JY gives SA is a ticket to the Seoryeong University Concert. @rukizie not to worry! It’s not JY going abroad.

Also I noticed that in the trio performance with JY, HH and JK, SA is JY’s page turner! Ahhhh what is going to happen to our couple :bawling:

Regarding today’s episode, I need to rewatch SA’s whole monologue about the F.A.E. song and actually being F.A.F

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

At the end of the preview, we hear SA say, “안녕... 잘 지내” or “Goodbye, take care”. I am thinking that she is saying that to her violin! This preview is trying to mislead us and make us think she is saying it to JY or something... I see you drama writer and director :isannoyed:

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

I will believe we will get a good evening for this one.

My guess: JY might dedicate a piano piece for SA when she decided to leave the recital that made her feel something or realize her feelings for JY once again. She just gets tired feeling she's the one doing all the work but feeling sad/hurt about it... She wants to feel comforted by someone and assuring/protecting her i guess. 

• Like 10
  • Love 5

@sal2 Yes, I love it! JY told SA that she loves her (OMG I was shrieking at this moment) and he has to say it now before he regrets it. SY also told him that she wants him to be happy and follow his heart, so the reason why JY told her that he loves her is because he wants to be happy and think of himself too... :criesariver: Song Ah, will you accept him again?

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 3

1 minute ago, ferily said:

At the end of the preview, we hear SA say, “안녕... 잘 지내” or “Goodbye, take care”. I am thinking that she is saying that to her violin! This preview is trying to mislead us and make us think she is saying it to JY or something... I see you drama writer and director 

Someone who knows korean better can correct me .. 잘 지내 or be well is in banmal isn't it? I don't think SA is going to use banmal with JY .. ? I was hoping for atleast one fluffy episode after they get back together..but that'll be in the last 10 mins of the drama only I guess..

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 2

Went to google the significance of the piece: FAE sonata was collaboratively written by  Robert Schumann, the young Johannes Brahms, and Schumann's pupil Albert Dietrich. It stands for both the musical motif in the piece as well as Joseph Joachim's motto in life Frei aber einsam" ("free but lonely")

I couldn't catch the last part maybe @Jillia can help us- SA said later on she realised that .... (Brahm's motto?) was FAF- Frei amber Froh ("Free but happy"). Is that good?????

the preview looks SO bad though!!!! nooooooo you cannot do this writer nim!!!! I don't care if it is not realistic please let my SA and JY be together!!! I cannot deal with them not being together!!! nooooooooo

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

Oh I like that @shazai!! If JY plays a song at the Seoryeong University concert dedicated to or for SA! It’s so pure and true that it moves SA’s heart, which might be why we see her put her hand over her heart, because his playing touches her! Kind of like when she first saw him play Traumerei..

@Jillia No I agree about the preview too! They are just trying to mislead us... I think we’ll have a satisfying ending, maybe a kiss scene ending? ;)

@Abirami Ramakrishnan You are right, it is banmal, so that’s why I don’t think it’s to JY! But when you first watch the preview after the episode, you’re all emotional so you don’t think of that at first :joy:

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1