[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

Contrary to earlier news articles, today's article doesn't specifically confirm that they play Brahms Violin Sonata No. 1. It might be because they wish to keep it ambiguous ahead of episode 15 (last week was an unintended spoiler?). But it does clarify that JY plays the piano accompaniment for SA at the graduation concert (as opposed to her grad school entrance exam).

Papago translation of https://sports.donga.com/ent/article/all/20201019/103505064/1 below:

'Do you like Brahms?' Will Park eun-bin create her own life stage with Kim min-jae?
103505060.1.jpg

"SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama "Do You Like Brahms?" (written by Ryu Bo-ri/directed by Cho Young-min/produced by Studio S) drew a sad farewell between Chae Song-ah (Park Eun-bin) and Park Joon-young (Kim Min-jae), fueling curiosity about the ending. The situation of Chae Song-ah, who had no choice but to break up, and Park Joon-young, who could not hold her, made viewers feel sorry and waited for the last story.

In the midst of this, the 15th episode of "Do You Like Brahms?" raises expectations as everyone heralds an unexpected situation. Park Joon-young played as a piano accompanist at Chae Song-ah's graduation concert. The first ensemble of the two is expected, drawing attention.

In the photo released, Chae Song-ah and Park Joon-young are on stage together. Wearing a simple black dress, Chae Song-ah stands with a violin, while Park Joon-young, in a black suit, sits in front of the piano. The two, who looked at each other as if they were ready, began to play. Chae Song-ah, who plays with all her heart, and Park Joon-young, who became a reliable partner, make us look forward to the scene.

Earlier, Chae Song-ah had been criticized for her lack of confidence in her performance. "It's okay if I do it alone, but it keeps shaking when I play the piano. You have to drag the song to your tempo, what if it's dragged to me?" During the master class, Lee Jung-kyung (Park Ji-hyun) also said, "Music seems to be hesitant. You have to play with confidence with the idea that I'm leading the music," he advised. At the time, Chae Song-ah asked, "How should I have confidence?" Did she find the answer?

Above all, it is of keen interest what kind of music Chae Song-ah and Park Joon-young played. Chae Song-ah had previously prepared "Frank Violin Sonata" as a graduation performance song along with a graduate school entrance song. However, the preview of the 15th episode drew attention as Chae Song-ah and Park Joon-young talked about the song "Brahms." Chae Song-ah told Park Joon-young, "You don't like Brahms." Questions and expectations are mounting over what their first ensemble will be.

'Do you like Brahms?' The production team said, 'Song-ah spills everything at her graduation concert. Please look forward to seeing if Song-ah can safely finish her performance on the stage, and what kind of ensemble she will show with Jun-young, who will be playing the piano," he said, adding that "Park Eun-bin and Kim Min-jae prepared passionately. Please pay attention to the performances of the two actors who became Song-ah and Jun-young themselves.

Meanwhile, the 15th episode of SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama 'Do You Like Brahms?' will air at 10 p.m. on Monday, October 19."

Translation of the ep15 preview by shjky @ twitter:

And PEB's IG update below. Notice that she is wearing the attire seen in the teaser when SA saw JY sitting in Gyeonghuigung (his usual 'thinking' spot). I hope her bright smile is a sign of a happy ending (fingers and toes crossed)!

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 8

37 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ said:

I'm using mac at the moment and I tried using "samsung" still can't see .... that's why I wonder.  As for location .. like Naver ... yes usually I can't see it at certain time.

Oh! I see. So it probably has something to do with the location or the host site and not compatibility. 

• Like 5

@Sky8lue I'm glad JY played for SA's graduation regardless of how it came to be. It feels like there'd always be a connection between them as JY had a role in such a key milestone in SA's life. I'm super excited for this scene as I believe it'll be the first time we see them play from the heart. 

• Like 12

very excited for tonight's episode everyone! but i wont be able to watch it until tmr night, its my week back to the office, and where i am at, DYLB is airing 12 hours after korea. :( 

i was doing some light rewatching over the weekend, and i realised that in episode 5 where JK confronts JY in the school event afterwards, JY mentions that he pleaded with JK and i rmb thinking to myself omg did JY actually tried to hold on to JK?  but the show never revisited this conversation again, so i am assuming it was just a translation error or my own wrong interpretation, if anyone can enlighten me.:o

also i find myself rewatching the scene of JY realising that JK and HH got together and omg the sadness of realising that his 2 best friends are dating is just so crushing (i suspect this might be one of the key moments i fell in love with DYLB). have anyone seen the gif of this floating around, i tried looking and cant find any.

trying my best of best not to see too much spoilers so that my heart can explode with joy later on hahaha. but WOHOO just awhile more to ep15. hang in there everyone~

• Like 11

I'm too anxious about episode 15. I can't stop thinking about DYLB and our dimple couple. Here's a twitter thread by a fellow Brahms fan that I thought was perceptive and interesting to consider.

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Insightful 12

I think we're in for a very beautiful performance later. In the prereleased clip, Joon Young tells Professor Yoo that it would be better to have a 10 from one judge and 6 or 7 from the others, which means that he really is finally placing more importance on playing from the heart. He is accompanying Song Ah as well, the love of his life, so we'll be getting a lot of emotions later. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6

Hello my Brahms crew! Sorry for being MIA! After my appointment on Friday, I fell under the weather and have been sleeping all day and night only. Finally have some energy to come on here and chat for awhile!

I haven’t watched the full episodes but I got the gist from it just from scenes and clips. I actually feel like this break up was necessary. It was actually quite a burden on SA to carry the weight of the relationship when JY would not clarify his actions or secure his feelings with SA by making sure JK stays out. I think SA made the right choice. Now, JY needs to clear up his problems and make sure JK knows her place. No matter how many times i wanted JY to share his problems with SA, it just never happened and in the end, strained both of their love. 

@annamchoi @Jillia @Abirami Ramakrishnan haha while you guys were on Professor Duster, i took care of her house ;)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Let’s see how she cleans this mess! :lol:

@annamchoi who said you needed professional intervention? We are the ones providing the professionalism here! :joy:

• Like 6
  • LOL 9
  • Awesome 1

@vangsweetie637 Hope you are feeling better!

You are indeed the professional! 

The mess will get Prof Duster to question her dusting abilities and perhaps stay away from our Dimple Couple!

@Sneha so many spoilers and we still feel anxious and don't know what will happen! Some times I feel like writer nim is laughing at our expense

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

I am calling this first. We better get some more kisses and hugs for all the butt kickings and home invasions we did here. 

Writer-nim, PD-nim, don’t make me look at you two like this:

tenor.gif?itemid=14824303

:lol:

20 minutes ago, Abirami Ramakrishnan said:

@vangsweetie637 Hope you are feeling better!

You are indeed the professional! 

The mess will get Prof Duster to question her dusting abilities and perhaps stay away from our Dimple Couple!

i am slowly getting much better! This weather keeps changing and with all the wildfire that’s been going on, the air hasn’t been too clean. But it’s getting better! Thanks for asking :D haha Professor Duster should be too busy now with dusting to pay attention to our couple now ;) :P

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

@vangsweetie637 hope your are feeling much better now..:)

That lines 

JY :Lean on me

SA: How can I lean on you..when your more unstable..

*it hurts right?! I HOPE by now JY has sort things through.. let go of the past  with the black suitcase included.

SA too needs organizing..a run through of her life  before and after she met JY

Me after Prof Duster house attack

@vangsweetie637 @Abirami Ramakrishnan  @Jillia

Karma Karmas A Bitch GIF by MOODMAN

@vangsweetie637no professional intetvention needederror no GIF by Dominicana's Got Talent

In HD...

kimminjae-fc-th-20201019-140710-1 kimminjae-fc-th-20201019-140710-0
sbsdrama.official

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, nicoley said:

i was doing some light rewatching over the weekend, and i realised that in episode 5 where JK confronts JY in the school event afterwards, JY mentions that he pleaded with JK and i rmb thinking to myself omg did JY actually tried to hold on to JK?  but the show never revisited this conversation again, so i am assuming it was just a translation error or my own wrong interpretation, if anyone can enlighten me.

Sorry to cut your post. Just to explain the context in this scene: JY was referring to a previous conversation with JK at a cafe (episode 3 or 4?) in which he pleaded/asked JK "as a favour" to not cross the line again. Their conversation at the cafe dealt with JK's unexpected kiss when she saw JY after the NY performance, and JK had brushed it off saying that it was merely a greeting with no special meaning and alluding to herself being too used to American culture. At that time, JY cautioned JK not to do anything like that again. So, rather than trying to hold on to JK, JY had always been asking JK not to cross the line in her behaviour towards him. Her sudden "Sarangheyo (I love you)" confession when they were back-stage after the talk concert was perceived by JY to be another act of crossing the line. As he firmly stated, "there can be no meaning between you and me."

This master fan creates the most poetic gifs!

--> Source: https://galpinote.tistory.com/

img.gif

img.gif

Spoiler

img.gif

img.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 9
  • Insightful 1

I was reminded of this old video twoset did on a chinese drama after @nicoley posted their review on DYLB. Hats off to our leads especially PEB for putting 6mths of effort into practising and making sure her performance was believable. As a fellow musician, the attention to detail is truly appreciated and worthy of applause.  

• Like 6
  • Love 2

@annamchoi yes these two really need to first clear the mess in their lives before they can be together without burdens. also, i am slowly getting better. Thank you for asking. :D 

and, on the other hand, at least we can be like this with Professor Duster and JK after our beatdowns with them:

tenor.gif?itemid=9140854

now..that suitcase needs to go next..

daria-watching-the-world-burn.gif?qualit

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1