[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

Why do i have a feeling that JungKyung will help SongAh train to be a better violinist? i mean when JK had that master class where SA had to come because of HaeNa. JK had a good job "mentoring" SA more than that professor... and  JK somewhat sympathizes with SA when she was eating with her professor saying bad things about SA... 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, shazai said:

Why do i have a feeling that JungKyung will help SongAh train to be a better violinist? i mean when JK had that master class where SA had to come because of HaeNa. JK had a good job "mentoring" SA more than that professor... and  JK somewhat sympathizes with SA when she was eating with her professor saying bad things about SA... 

I think when they had that master class was a start for JK to see SA in a different light. I guess at least seems like they gonna build a professional relationship that maybe can develop into friendship. I think what JK need is a girl friend as she really is a lonely girl. 

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, shazai said:

I feel that too. If SA's professor wasn't just doing lip service, then this is the first time she has complimented SA's violin playing. And this compliment only happened after that masterclass with JK. So I can definitely see that happening. JK & SA will be meeting quite often in the future anyways, mainly because JY is accompanying JK as her pianist, so hopefully they'll become "better" friends soon.

After watching ep9, once again, I really love how SA & JY keeps communicating with each other about everything. It might not be a big thing yet, like JY's burdens and whatnot. But if there are things both of them can share and aren't so sensitive for them, both them do that – such as what happened after the confession scene. 

I'm worried about SA & MS, but I know they'll get through this. JY will be there with SA too (since he knows about everything already), and hopefully MS also sees that SA did nothing wrong soon (like that fact that SA never purposely tried to steal DY away from her).

Btw, isn't it so refreshing that we won't have that misunderstanding between our main leads like in other Kdramas. For a second there, I was really worried that JY heard SA telling DY how she used to like him a lot before. But I realized I had no reasons to worry about our Dimple Couple fighting because of this because JY already knew about it. This is such a nice thing not to worry about.. :) 

Edit:

@Jillia I know right??? I loved that scene so much! So proud of our Dimple Couple. This is exactly why I'm not so worried about them – because I know whatever problems they'll face, they'll face it head on while communicating it through. And this is super important for them, especially since both of them have very different backgrounds.

• Like 5
  • Love 6

22 minutes ago, shazai said:

I really like JK for being professional

Though her love-life & friendship with HH & JY is a mess

She didnt let these feeling affecting her attitude to SA 

Its a refreshing to has this kind of 2nd female lead

Instead of the usual evil 2nd lead that like to sabotage the MC

I kind a hope  SA & JK can be a close friend in the end

It seems JK didnt has any female friend around her

Who knows if it will end up as SA whom JK will share her story

Anyway, just like what they joke in bts, lets leave JY & be together :loolz:

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

14 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

@heartoppaya @Jillia But seeing from the trailer, why do I feel that the "SA & JY in JY's house" scene comes before "JK & SA in one car driving somewhere"? Gahhh... More sad times? :( 

And can JK lighten up already? What? She said "You feel awkward right? You'll keep feeling awkward in the future." to SA?!?! I hope she's not being mean to SA... Or else..

Kind of agree. the preview also misleading the sequence of what actually happened in the drama...

I am dreading it but I think we can aspect a sad time in tomorrow episode. 

But 1 thing I like is SA is proactive in these relationship. Hope that will help JY open up about everything in his life to SA

*Site Note : thank you so much for the live recapper. U guys rocks.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

@heartoppaya @Jillia But seeing from the trailer, why do I feel that the "SA & JY in JY's house" scene comes before "JK & SA in one car driving somewhere"? Gahhh... More sad times? :( 

And can JK lighten up already? What? She said "You feel awkward right? You'll keep feeling awkward in the future." to SA?!?! I hope she's not being mean to SA... Or else..

Maybe she means being awkward with her?

As SA knows what happen between JK-HH-JY

She has seen the mess of their relationship

So, itt might be more awkward if JK become SA's lecturer :sweat_smile:

Like imagine if u see ur teacher/lecturer gets dump or something :joy:

One word....Awkward :emmm:

• Like 7

@gracebkk i love how our couple communicates with each other and still stay together even with what others are already saying..but i am worried about this word: NOBLE IDIOCY. Even if they are together, one of them or both can always pull this idiocy card and it’s gonna drive all of us crazy :lol:

@heartoppaya You alright there??:

giphy.gif

@Jillia i trust in your skills to give us the kiss and gifs :P

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

@vangsweetie637 gahhhhh... you're right!! And we still have 7 episodes to go too! Plenty of time for them to take this route.. T.T Although if someone's going to do this, it'll be JY for sure!

I don't see SA doing it, seeing from how brave she is now. However, JY seems to still be holding back. So if they do break up or put a momentary pause in their relationship, it'll either be because JY doesn't want SA to get hurt (because of whatever reason) or because SA is upset that JY still isn't confiding in her even after a long time being together.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Everyone's got a dog in the manger attitude. What is with the entitled attitude? If you're not in a relationship with the person- keep yout opinions to yourself. Its not as if people can't live their lives just because you like someone. A relationship is a 2 way street. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guys, there is some else’s butt I want to kick:

HAE NA!!!

:onfirex:

What is up with this girl? Is she jealous of SA’s attention even more now because the rumors are true? Seriously. Why is she so jealous of SA dating JY?

Even if she is having her own insecurities, she shouldn’t be treating other people negatively just because she can’t have her way either. I don’t see JY or SA doing that to anyone and they are struggling a lot as well so...

Hae Na..i am getting ready for you too:

vF5.gif

@Jillia yasss!! I saw your gifs right after I posted :D 

:Megathanks:

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

@vangsweetie637 gahhhhh... you're right!! And we still have 7 episodes to go too! Plenty of time for them to take this route.. T.T Although if someone's going to do this, it'll be JY for sure!

I don't see SA doing it, seeing from how brave she is now. However, JY seems to still be holding back. So if they do break up or put a momentary pause in their relationship, it'll either be because JY doesn't want SA to get hurt (because of whatever reason) or because SA is upset that JY still isn't confiding in her even after a long time being together.

I think it might be the later one?

Feel like SA will be the one to ask for break up if it happen

The highest possible reason is that JY still didnt open up & confiding her

I dont think SA likes to live in an uncertainty

She might feel their relationship is just superficial if they didnt share anything beyond its okay word

She will tries her best to understand JY

But if JY still hesitates to share his story, then SA might be the one to step back

• Like 4
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@gracebkk i love how our couple communicates with each other and still stay together even with what others are already saying..but i am worried about this word: NOBLE IDIOCY. Even if they are together, one of them or both can always pull this idiocy card and it’s gonna drive all of us crazy :lol:

@heartoppaya You alright there??:

i trust in your skills to give us the kiss and gifs :P

IM NOT ALRIGHT

ILL BE ALRIGHT WHEN KIM MIN JAE KISSES ME LIKE THAT TOO

Btw I’m gay for Park Eun Bin too tbh. THAT WOMAN SLAYS MY LORD.

I WANNA TALK ABOUT THE KISS BTS BUT I HATE MY EFFING LIFE CUZ I GOTTA GO FOR MY SIS IN LAWS BIRTHDAY PARTY I HATE EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOR YOU CHINGUS MWAAHHHHH I LOVE YOU GUYS BUT I LOVE KIM MIN JAE AND PARK EUN BIN MORE I DONT CARE IF I COME OFF AS A MASOCHIST 

Guys when I’m back to normal I’ll explain the kiss; analyze the second kiss and explain future 18+ issues that you may have.

I promise. Heartoppaya’s got your back since 1992.

P.S. I saw someone comment about our boy’s sexy back and I gotta admit I felt butterflies the first time I saw his back when playing the piano. Something about his back SCREAMS sexy-bang-me-on-the-piano-senpai.

I’m innocent.

:please:

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Guys, there is some else’s butt I want to kick:

HAE NA!!!

What is up with this girl? Is she jealous of SA’s attention even more now because the rumors are true? Seriously. Why is she so jealous of SA dating JY?

Even if she is having her own insecurities, she shouldn’t be treating other people negatively just because she can’t have her way either. I don’t see JY or SA doing that to anyone and they are struggling a lot as well so...

Hae Na..i am getting ready for you too:

@Jillia yasss!! I saw your gifs right after I posted :D

Well there is some people who is miserable

Then she/he wants others to feel the same too due to jealousy

In a way she might feel like why SA obtains those things easily 

She still view SA as somebody who rank last in class

The last rank didnt mean that you are hopeless

Its might be a motivation for you to gets better

Right now SA is moving up the ladder

Even that annoying lecturer said SA improves

So hard work indeed paid it off

Haena might not see how SA works hard

Those things didnt suddenly fall from the sky

Its due to her perseverance & hard work in all those years 
Its your attitude in the end that's matter

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@gracebkk @SakuraC i agree. I don’t want these two to break up because of some noble idiocy (heck, I don’t want them to break up at all) but if it does happen, I want it to be because of the strain these two cannot heal together if one doesn’t want to open up while the other one opens up wholeheartedly. It’s a very fragile feeling when one keeps the sorrow/worries while one is willing to share theirs. Whenever someone is in a relationship with someone else, it is normal to expect that they share on the same level as time goes on. They must learn to trust and lean on each other otherwise it’s very easy to feel fragile and vulnerable. And that’s not the best feeling to feel either in a relationship. If these two break up, i want it to be because of themselves and not from what others are feeding them. But I will trust the interviews we have received so far. Now that SA/JY are together, they have to grow more and see if they are just in love or do they truly love each other. If they truly love each other, they will protect each other strongly and together even with the haters.

13 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Everyone's got a dog in the manger attitude. What is with the entitled attitude? If you're not in a relationship with the person- keep yout opinions to yourself. Its not as if people can't live their lives just because you like someone. A relationship is a 2 way street. 

Hallelujah!!!

This is why I am annoyed by everyone getting all mad and giving attitude just because JY/SA are together. These two made their own decision to be together. 

And this is actually how I would say it to everyone who can’t keep their opinions/attitudes to themselves:

ba2a572311241b69462378aee613d8de6f044874

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

IM NOT ALRIGHT

ILL BE ALRIGHT WHEN KIM MIN JAE KISSES ME LIKE THAT TOO

Btw I’m gay for Park Eun Bin too tbh. THAT WOMAN SLAYS MY LORD.

I WANNA TALK ABOUT THE KISS BTS BUT I HATE MY EFFING LIFE CUZ I GOTTA GO FOR MY SIS IN LAWS BIRTHDAY PARTY I HATE EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOR YOU CHINGUS MWAAHHHHH I LOVE YOU GUYS BUT I LOVE KIM MIN JAE AND PARK EUN BIN MORE I DONT CARE IF I COME OFF AS A MASOCHIST 

Guys when I’m back to normal I’ll explain the kiss; analyze the second kiss and explain future 18+ issues that you may have.

I promise. Heartoppaya’s got your back since 1992.

P.S. I saw someone comment about our boy’s sexy back and I gotta admit I felt butterflies the first time I saw his back when playing the piano. Something about his back SCREAMS sexy-bang-me-on-the-piano-senpai.

I’m innocent.

I hope you going through your sis in law birthday party just fine because we waiting for your kiss analysis:D

:Please:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

1 hour ago, gracebkk said:

I'm not good at doing live recaps nor am I well-versed in Korean, so I'll just be writing down the highlights so far as best as I can:

1. After the swoon-worthy kissing scene, SA & JY had a talk about SA's feelings, JY volunteering to be SA's accompanist (which SA rejected), and SA telling JY to start with talking about the good thing first (I think that's what SA said)

2. SA & JY admitting to SA's friends that they're dating

3. JY putting away JK's handkerchief present (which then brought us to #4)

4. JY & SA walking in school, still being their awkward self yet so so so so cute!!!

5. JY asking a present from SA (hence he basically coerced SA to give him the handkerchief she uses when playing violin)

6. SA visiting Kyunghoo foundation to pass on some documents related to Professor Lee's chamber music thing & that SA isn't helping out Kyunghoo because she's busy

7. HH telling his friends that he broke up with JK (this scene was soooo awkward. not sure what they talked about here too)

8. Professor Lee Soo Kyung apparently acts the same way towards all her students (even Hae Na), but this time, she commended on SA's playing (saying that she improved)

9. HH caught JK & JY coming out of a cafe (because JK & JY was discussing about the piece JY is going to accompany JK on)

10. JK looking super sulky during the board meeting in Kyunghoo foundation (probably because her heart isn't in to it)

PS: Now, the entire faculty/school knows that SA & JY are dating hahahaha :D the rumours spreaded so fast! hahahaha :D 

And that's the end of part 1.

-----

Here's part 2 (my streaming is lagging quite badly so I'm not catching anything they're saying. sorry guys.. >.<):

1. JY & HH are talking albeit tensely about why JY & JK met, SA knowing that JY is being the pianist accompanist for JK, etc.

2. Simon (aka Park Sung Jae) met with JY's professor, not sure why. (I forgot! In part 1, Simon also met with that credit card guy again)

3. There's a flashback of JY's professor meeting with the grandma & Team Leader Cha. (the professor sounds so nice here! I sense that he wasn't as rough/mean as he is now – I wonder what happened with him.. seems like people side-looked him that he only rose to his fame/status now because of JY)

4. JY telling Team Leader Cha that he's dating SA (SA told the team leader in the first part of ep9)

5. MS & SA met in the park and are having drinks over talking. SA also told MS to go on a blind date (I don't think SA told MS about the DY fiasco)

6. SA & JY having an impromptu date at the park. (believe it or not, SA was the one who called JY out)

7. JY DOES NOT EAT ICE-CREAM BUT ATE IT BECAUSE OF SA!! AND HE CONFESSED TWICE AGAIN TO SA!!! @vangsweetie637

8. SA KISSED JY!!!! AND THEN JY KISSED HER BACK!!! OMGOMGOMG!!! 

Part 2 isn't done yet guys... :P

9. SA saw JY playing piano from outside the classroom (Minjae is sooo goood and handsome!!! goshhhhh). SA later entered the room and then they had a small talk (JY asked SA her opinion about his playing and so on)

10. JY's professor had a talk with JY (I think this was a flashback? Not sure because my streaming is lagging). It was very solemn though.. Something about competitions.. And now JY is having a mental breakdown.... HE'S TAKING MEDS?!?! WHAT MED IS THAT?!?! GOSHHH... I hope he doesn't overdose himself because of stress.... :bawling:

11. Wait.. what....? JY won the Chopin competition already? I'm confused.... Is it because my streaming is lagging??? What's going on...??? I'm so confused now....

Continuing with my part 2 highlight recap:

12. (The scene is here guys!! when they took it during Eunbin's birthday) SA's friends found out that SA is dating JY accidentally because MS said it on speakerphone while DY was there (SA's friends told SA to put her phone on speaker when MS called).

13. DY & SA are now having a heart-to-heart talk while drinking (all their friends left). SA told DY that she really likes JY (I guess she just replying to DY's confession). They're not fighting or arguing or anything though.

14. But SA also told DY that she used to like him a lot (in the past) – and MS & JY both heard the confession. MS is crying now and left the scene..... T..T

End of Part 2 & Ep 9.

Goshhh... DYLB is really good at ending their episodes huh? This cliffhanger... gahhhh.... JY does looked shocked, but then he looked at MS right away, probably because JY already knows about it in the first place. 

SA is going to visit JY's house tomorrow guys!! Woohoooooooo... I wonder what will happen... 

All in all, today was a great episode! Can't wait to watch the subbed episode (when I can finally watch everything without lagging & understand it too! :D )

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Next day, Joon Young and Song Ah eat together and her college friends come around and ask whether they can sit with them. Song Ah gets embarrassed when they mention the rumor about Song Ah and Joon Young dating to which Joon Young replies: "It's not a rumor. Haven't you told them? We're seeing eachother."

The fact that Song Ah and Joon Young are now officially dating is spreading throughout the school and Hae Nae hears about it and makes a negative remark about how this school is the worst.

Meanwhile Hyun Ho tells his friends he and Jung Kyung broke up. That's when he hears about the rumors of Joon Young and Song Ah. And he actually asks Song Ah to confirm whether she and Joon Young are dating.

Then Hyun Ho caught Joon Young and Jung Kyung outside the cafe they were meeting to talk about the music pieces she would consider to play for her exam. Hyun Ho and Joon Young talk alone and Hyun Ho asks "I thought you're dating Song Ah-ssi, so why are you here with Jung Kyung?". Joon Young explains the situation to him and also says that he told Song Ah about it and Jung Kyung knows as well he is seeing Song Ah.

And here we go Hyun Ho guilt-tripping about it... like please stop it, Hyun Ho!

Hyun Ho: "I wanted to talk to you seperately, so Jung Kyung doesn't get hurt to know you're dating Song Ah. But you say it so easily that you already told her?"

Thank you so much, @annamchoi! :wub:

Thanks @gracebkk and @Jillia for the live recap! i caught the live though but wasnt able to do live recap haha

I will be adding to the points!

Part 1

1) Before the recap to the kiss scene, we have JY telling JK to not to think too much into him agreeing to being her accompanist and that he really like SA a lot. 

5) There was a moment they almost kiss but because of SA's alarm, it didnt happened :( 

7) I think HH and his friends are talking about joining the chamber

8) SA indeed played well to me but I have a feeling the professor only complimented SA as she had tasks for SA to do for the chamber. 

After every praise, she talked about the chamber. One of the tasks was to contact ppl into the chamber and one of them is HH. 

8.5?) Hence we see HH and SA on the call and HH asked SA if she is really dating JY which she confirmed and when he is congratulating her, he saw JY and JK. 

9) JY told JK that he can know play Brahms but JK said it is her turn now to not be able to play Brahms. JY told JK that he is officially dating SA so if they need to rehearse, they will need to go to Kyunghoo's and not her house. He also requested her to resolve the NewYork issue with HH. JK rebutted that it is her matter but JY said it is also his matter so please resolve it. 

Part 2
1) @Jillia recapped HH being angry with JY

3) JY's professor was wondering why Grandma chose him to be JY's teacher when he didn't have a very good resume. 

4) Cha team leader telling JY she is happy for him and tell him to be open with SA - as in to show his good and bad sides to SA even though he only like to show his good side to his loved ones to show he is doing well. 

7) JY telling SA he didnt really like ice-cream and just use it as an excuse to see SA - how cute >< and SA making the first move!! 

9) SA asked about JY's professor and I think she praised him and JY got jealous hahah. also SA told JY they cannot have dinner as there is a gathering and that DY wont be there so there is no need to be jealous 

10,11) it is indeed a flashback as i see from the phone it was 2013. poor JY i think it was the stress to win the competition that he needed to take meds. he also decided on his current agency as he already want to quit entering competition if I am not wrong. 

I also cannot wait for the subbed epi to better understand the scenes! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 8

@Jillia @SakuraC but the thing with Hae Na is as you two stated as well. She isn’t the best in her class either but yet she seems to see herself higher than SA so she deems it is okay to treat SA lower than herself. She is definitely receiving pressure from her mom and of course,  I empathize with her on this part. But it’s not she cant improve her position either. As you both said, she could have definitely attended the master class and practice even harder. If she is not into music as well, I will say she opted out on the master class willingly. It just makes me mad that she feels obligated to make SA feel worse than herself because she can’t get on the same “level” as SA. In truth, SA is doing her best to become better and dating JY has nothing to do with her “level”. Even during the internship at the foundation, Team Leader Cha noticed the strength and weakness of both SA and HN. So she matched their abilities accordingly to her own accord. SA was the one who built her own relationship with JY first. She said hi and conversed with JY. HN barely said anything to JY and even tried to bring her down in front of the foundation workers and JY too. My problem with HN is that she is selfishly acting on her own insecurities and thinking that by making others feel worse, she will feel better. Sad thing is, it doesn’t work this way. 

@heartoppaya haha, this is my answer to you, too:

tenor.gif

we are all “innocent” here :P :lol:

@Jillia i agree. If the break up happens, it is most likely due to the fact that JY just cannot or will not open up to SA. I really want JY to open up and share his burdens with the person whom makes him happy and forget the bad days. But if he cannot rely on SA emotionally, it will definitely strain the relationship. But seeing how SA is, I don’t think she will hold it against him. She will let him know how his actions hurt her. And it will be up to JY on what to do next. 

Edit:

@sljj thanks for the additional recaps! :D I really think it’s cute that JY wanted ice cream just to see SA and loving how firm he is with JK in regards to SA. 

@Jillia lol, SBS being greedy with us momentarily haha. But the gifs are working for me :D i just need to see a clearer clip of that second kiss haha. 

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

15 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I actually think if they temporarily break up it's not because of Jung Kyung or anyone but because of Song Ah not knowing what is going on with Joon Young. She said in the preview for episode 10, she wants to get to know Joon Young better. And it was important for her that they get to know eachother and they talk about the bad and good things. But Joon Young is bottling all that up inside of him and... I fear that would be the reason for them to break up.

Oh yeah I do see your all point about what could make a strain on their relationship. But then SA saying what she want in their relationship have always made JY take a step closer to her. So maybe he also gonna slowly open up to her about his inner struggles. Also inviting her to his house feels like he is inviting her into his world. Maybe this scene gonna be a very important step for them to get even more closer. Well the fact that he actually proudly says they are dating to everyone is really nice steep for him closer to SA. :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Nope, not doing okay in the birthday party. They sing happy birthday and I keep thinking WHERES THE PIANO VERSION OF IT???

Btw my birthday is on the 30th (the big 28 years SKREAMS) and I’m waiting for my Kim Min Jae to play happy birthday to me and kiss me on the piano so I’ll stumble on the keys.

Tbh I’m surprised Park Eun Bin stayed sane throughout. If it was me, I’d be dry humping him on the piano. Keys be dammed. Heh.

Still effing innocent as a rose.

:2540_meh:

• Naughty 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1