[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

35 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@annamchoi @sljj

But the birthday was in episode 3?

But maybe Song Ah also typed in her birthday when she gave Joon Young her number? But that doesn't make any sense, right? :D Confusing. But we just take it since we got the beautiful Moonlight Sonata turning into a Happy Birthday for Song Ah while Jung Kyung basically got nothing.

From what I know, users can add their birthday info to their Kakao profile and make it public, somewhat like FB. So that's why Joon Young received her birthday notification since Kakao is their Whatsapp :)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 9

@Jillia its on ep 4 I re checked its the part where after the birthday celebration of SA they went to some place and they talked about how she fell for DY. And then JY's voice over comes in while checking his  notifications iin his phone at the same time narrating about loving someone  too much.

And SA crying at the confession scene,Yes, shes tired and she's sad about her small talked with JY that turned into him getting emotional for  he feels she is pushing him away because of some levels!

JY is a world renowned pianist...

whom his whole life is about playing the piano! HIS life has been the orchestra / symphony. as the office people  said he plays 80/90 performances in year in which in between  he travels rehearse attend vip receptions.Being a famous and popular pianist had been a routine  and become redundant for him.no more excitement no more pleasure.JY's just playing for the sake of earning money to support his family.Being a pianist had been a tiresome  for him.no fun at all!

Hopefully, JY will learn to be  open and to  trust more the people he care about specially SA his personal steuggles / turbulence will be hers somehow.

SA on the other hand has the heart for  

learning  and improving her craft.which I believe in the end she will succeed and show them what is she capable of!

She needs to be more confident and boost her self-esteem.JY will definitely play  this part.:wub:

@vangsweetie637 ME TOO!! Looking forward on  seeing our OTP play together!❤ maybe in anniversary of Kyunghoo ...fingers crossed! That performance will turn heads definitely. :)

@Abirami Ramakrishnan  I think its the right thing SA to do, tell MS about DY's confession..just like she(MS) being honest with her about being drunk and slept together accidentally.MS telling the truth admist DY's request not to.

This had me tearing up...SA/ Dad conversation .❤

Appa! no need to worry SA already found her happiness and love of her life!❤

doyoulikebrahms-20200926-233007-0 doyoulikebrahms-20200926-233007-1

@gracebkk I back read and saw your ep 9 text preview..HH getting angry at JY? mad for what? having a relationship with SA? is he being selfish?  cant he just be happy and supportive of the two? Or he is just  being annoying because of the NY thing with JK and JY?  Haist!

• Like 3
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, annamchoi said:

so both women shared the  same birthdays..JY sending in a happy birthday message and planning to invite JK over a a concert and but later hesitated. JK went to Kyunghoo maybe to have birthday dinner with JY or ( thank him for remembering her mom's death anniv) and but instead saw JY hugging SA.

I went to rewatch that scene where JY is deciding whether to text "happy birthday" to JK. The subtitles (I'm watching on VIU) may be misleading here, but based on the original text messages in Hangul, the invitation to the philharmonic concert is an older message from JK. All JY was doing was typing "Happy Birth---" then deleting it right after.

Perhaps JK sought out JY at Kyunghoo, partly because she was expecting her birthday present (the Traumerei CD recording that he used to give her every year), but ended up witnessing JY play Moonlight Sonata-Happy Birthday for SA from outside the rehearsal room so she left. She confronted him about the missing birthday present in person in a subsequent scene.

@annamchoi Your attention to detail is amazing! I had to rewatch that ep4 scene for the Kakao talk birthday notification which I missed.

3 hours ago, gracebkk said:

I don't think it's that one. I was curious, so I rewatched that scene. But on that scene, JY was wearing a grey-ish shirt with black (dark-coloured) buttons. However, in this photo, he's wearing a grey-ish shirt with white buttons. So I'm guessing that it's probably recent?

You can tell I am a fashion noob...details like buttons will always escape me. Unlike JY who is usually wearing conservative/sombre colours like black, white, grey or blue, SA's wardrobe is delightfully varied with a warmer colour spectrum (pink, yellow, peach, purple). The fashion and styling are probably meant to coordinate with and reflect their moods, state of mind or personality too.

I can't remember if this has been posted before, but SBS actually made a special video on SA's wardrobe:

I hope SBS is kind and presents us with the BTS for the ep 8 ending on Sunday.

:happydance:

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

I realized I haven't discussed my poll votes yet (even though I voted yesterday), so I'm gonna do it now! :D 

For #1, I voted for "maybe". The reason is because it seems like JK is starting to appreciate the efforts that HH did back when they were still dating. And, it seems like JK is starting to be more vocal about her true feelings – hopefully, this means that she's going to be true to herself from now on and become a better version of herself (aka leave JY & SA alone and become a great violin professor). However, I feel like HH has officially closed that chapter of his life, even though he still has lingering feelings for JK. And seeing from ep9 written preview about him being mad with JY, I have a feeling JK & HH's story is far from over. So I'm going to see how the drama is going to develop their relationship.

For #2, I voted for "He takes 1st place". Actually, I was deciding between this one and "He doesn't take part," but ultimately, I decided to choose for this one because I feel like he'll find his passion by then (as he stays with SA and face his battles together) and display a breathtaking performance during the competition that shows his growth in his piano career. Also, if he's able to do this and stun the judges, I feel like this would overturn his professor's belief that you have play like you're targeting for 7,8,9s (not 10s). This is a direct contrast to the maestro's belief as she recommended JY to aim for 10s (leaving people with an unforgettable performance) rather than satisfying everyone. At the end of the drama, I feel like they're going to address this issue through JY's competition and his actions (whether he'll play with his heart or with his skills).

For #3, I voted for "Yes, in a performance". Based on JY & SA's clothes in ep9, it seems like it's the same clothes as in Park Eunbin's vlog when she was performing a violin piece in front of JY in a music room. Since JY never heard of SA's violin playing, I feel like he'll feel touched after hearing her violin skills – which will probably lead them to play together in private and later on in a performance (my guess is either during the foundation's party, this time as a couple and a world-class pianist + foundation staff duo). 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

@Sky8lue thank you so much!❤ but still the question is of all people JK wants to celebrate her birthday with JY, not HH as she is supposed too?correct me if Im wrong.

I guess JK used to recieving CDs from JY over the years as birthday presents. that one thingy moment she did not received anything.then SA came into the picture, somehow JK felt that insecurity.I feel that she takes SA as threat to their 15 year old friendship.

I love SA's wardrobe choices love her style!  Bags and shoes matches her outfits.:wub:

Blacks grays white suits JY ..ir really looks good on him.

SideNote:I wonder if JY has something to do with JK's mom death...

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Welcome to thread, @PoisonIvy! :D

Yes, we want better days for them as well but I think the kiss in episode 8 was a good start, right?

Thank you for the warm welcome chinguya...:heart4:

The kiss is a great start... I love everything about the scene.. The setup.. The lighting.. The piano... Hahahahaha... :heart2beat:

Just wish for PJY to be happy soon..

:wub:

• Like 7

@annamchoi Thank you for posting those lovely photos to start our morning :) I'm on the same page as you regarding JK seeking out JY instead of HH on her birthday. From what we have seen, JK has been gravitating towards JY and drifting away from HH and I am personally not convinced that JK is simply experiencing a change of heart. I hate to see the trio's friendship break up in this way, so I pray that the burnt bridges can be mended even though it will be challenging.

I just realised that we have witnessed 5 confession scenes in 8 episodes: JK to JY, MS to DY, SA to JY, DY to SA, JY to SA...!!! But then again, DYLB boasts two intersecting love triangles (or hexagon?) for its complex maze of human relationships, so this is to be expected.

JK said "Sarangheyo (I love you)" when she confessed to JY, whereas both SA and JY said "Chuwahaeyo (I like you)" to each other in their respective confessions to each other. It feels paradoxical that JK's confession felt more hollow in juxtaposition with both SA's and JY's respective confessions despite JK's use of a stronger expression. As a wise person once said, love is measured by actions and not words. Despite JK using the stronger expression, her confession felt a lot more hollow, impetuous and motivated by selfish desires. She went to the extent of declaring that she would break up with HH because she knew that JY would not have the heart to hurt his friend.

Regarding the poll questions, I was inspired by Nodame Cantabile for question 3 (Nodame dreamed of becoming good enough to perform on stage as a pianist with an orchestra conducted by Chiaki). Unlike Nodame, SA has an even steeper hill to climb in her music journey because she is literally at the bottom of her class and is perceived to lack natural talent. Since DYLB addresses the theme of parity, it would be heartening to see SA overcome the odds and rise up the ranks to achieve her dream. It wouldn't be realistic for SA to suddenly turn into a world-class violinist (and I don't think the drama plans to go in that direction either just to make her "on par" with JY), but I'm rooting for her to become the violinist that she aspires to be.

If SA and JY can mutually help and inspire each other to become better musicians, the piano-violin sonata we are all waiting for will be a dream come true.

PEB's IG caption translation by https://twitter.com/parkeunbinintl/status/1310055026098724865:

When did it get so cold like this? (cold air emoji) Chilly weather. Be careful not to catch a cold (sheep emoji).

#DoYouLikeBrahms?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFn8rlKHurX/?utm_source=ig_embed

I wonder if they will be filming in coldwear now since she tagged NatGeo (sponsored?) unless it's a prelude to an upcoming CF?

Do You Like Brahms Q&A interview (subbed):

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFm04-ApXvQ/?utm_source=ig_embed

Edited by MinLyn
Please kindly note that due to court rulings, embedding of IG post links is not permissible.
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

So amazing news! :D A special OST track will be released today at 18:00 KST. It will count as OST Part 8 and will be sung by Heize and Punch and is called "Like a Star in the Night Sky". It's described as a song for two lovers.... 

Love the Album art for this song ! Even the font looks so dreamy and pretty! :sweet: Hope our Dimple Couple has many such moments in the coming episodes ..

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Watch: Kim Min Jae And Park Eun Bin Show Off Their Perfect Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of “Do You Like Brahms?”

7384b93ac59e4bddae4b28542041c507.jpeg?s=

Sep 27, 2020
by S. P

SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” has revealed a new behind-the-scenes look at Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin’s off-screen antics!

The romance drama is about talented classical music students chasing love, happiness, and dreams. Kim Min Jae stars as world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young, while Park Eun Bin plays Chae Song Ah, a violinist who set out to pursue her love of music later in life than her peers.

The making-of video begins with the pair filming a scene in which Park Joon Young walks over to Chae Song Ah’s table to eat lunch with her. The two actors create a light-hearted atmosphere on set as they joke around with the other cast members and flash cute poses at the camera.

While sitting at the table, Kim Min Jae holds his fingers up in a peace sign behind Park Eun Bin’s head, then averts his gaze as if avoiding suspicion. Park Eun Bin catches on to his antics right away, complaining to the camera about how he had walked behind her copying her movements in a different scene, but laughs when she catches him dancing behind her again.

Kim-Min-Jae-Park-Eun-Bin-5.jpg

As they sit down to film their conversation, they can’t hold back their laughter at Park Eun Bin’s line, “Who are you?” and end up filming the scene again. However, Kim Min Jae throws in an ad-lib after Park Eun Bin’s question, responding, “Nice to meet you,” and everyone bursts into laughter once more.

The actors move outside for the next clip, in which Park Eun Bin takes her turn poking fun at Kim Min Jae. She feigns a shocked expression as she points towards the ground and says, “A bug!” When Kim Min Jae jumps, she laughs gleefully and walks away, telling the camera that he’s weak. The pair continue to joke around as Kim Min Jae raises his hands to shade his co-star’s face from the sun before turning in surprise to face the camera and saying, “Oh, we’re filming a making-of video today? I didn’t know that.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1427968wpp/watch-kim-min-jae-and-park-eun-bin-show-off-their-perfect-chemistry-behind-the-scenes-of-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, I’m back after a long time. I had fever and I’m still recovering but well just wanted to share this pic:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CETaRT1jzWS/?utm_source=ig_embed

which SCREAMS boyfriend material. 

here’s more:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCzqh-XDn-4/

he’s indeed boyfriend material my HEART IS SCREAMING WITH PLEASURE!!

Here’s some sexy poses:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRLLQGqh-Ip/?utm_source=ig_embed

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRKqoQyhZkt/?utm_source=ig_embed

MANS IS SO FINE MY HEART IS BURSTINGGGG 

:evilelmo: <——— my heart 

Edited by Jillia
Unfortunately due to court rulings we're not permitted to embedd IG links!
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

While listening to it... I actually understand why the pianist is important for this piece

Feel like the writer lay hint on them playing together. What if SA original piano player got sick and JY have to step in helping her on her exam. Just imagine the chemistry them enjoying playing together and how that gonna help SA getting more confidence in her violin playing. Also maybe this gonna help JY finding his passion for playing the piano and just having fun with it for the first time in long time. Sure they also could do that in a private setting, but I see this could be narrative importance for both characters using SA exam. So therefor struggle with nr. 3 on the poll. But ended up with them playing on a performance as my answer. :) 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

A HD-colour version of the B&W still:

https://image.dcinside.com/viewimagePop.php?id=2fafd12ee8c1&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73fec87fa11d0283168a8dd5d0373ee31e5f33784e6258773a1077e9dcf19e2fd54d18412350371dc69737f55d85bf3c5859b9396b2

Source: https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=brahms&no=10264&_rk=96k&page=1

Cropped version:

I guess the BTS will be out tomorrow morning...*twiddles thumbs*

May the piano-violin sonata that we are eagerly anticipating become a reality in future:

• Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

50 minutes ago, annamchoi said:

Cute Moments (BTS) of our OTP! Too adorable too handle!

I love this Ice dream date pic in Monochrome...mesmerizing..♥️

And Im reposting the HD shot of the Kiss...simply the sweetest and purest :wub:

SideNote: SA did shed a tear...

I think I really really got it bad. I keep getting excited looking at JY big hand holding SA small face....

I am predicting the trouble brewing in the near future but I feel like I can go back to this moment to get through the rough time...

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Wiggle 4

I love the fact that Joon Young grabs Song Ah’s face to kiss her better.

At first he grabs her shoulders and when she melted against him and slipped on the piano, he grabs her face to kiss her harder. I also love that both of them didn’t close their eyes forcefully. The kiss made them both close their eyes. Because it was too much. The effect was too much on them. 

To date I still think that this is the best character Kim Min Jae has portrayed in his entire career. He shines so much here. And look at how much people are loving him in this. Everyone’s taking notice of his portrayal even if I was his fan ever since I saw him on Persevere Goo Haera. There’s something about him that brings out my Second Lead Syndrome protectiveness. And every drama I watch of his he ends up not getting the girl and that HURTS.

So now that we see his First Male Lead acting I’m pretty sure he’ll get casted more as the Male Lead because maaaaaan he’s amazing.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1