[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

1 hour ago, Super_Dede said:

@taekwang Thank you so much for the translation of the upcoming previews. Our Han Shou is wearing black now and it seems as if jealousy have driven him to actually show Pei Heng that he is serious about him staying away from Qian Qian. I don't know why but I love Han Shou in black or armor it just show how his character is supposed to be ruthless and goal-orientated. But then the second spoiler of him rushing in to check on her at night because of her hand just makes my heart melt so much. 

Like many of you have commented about how Qian Qian chasing him away is becoming redundant or frustrating to see since we know Han Shou feelings. I have to remind myself that if I was in Qian Qian shoes I would do the same thing. I would push him away because logically in her mind the story plot was supposed to be Chu Chu and Han Shou. However, she never thought that the plot have already change because she's still alive. Her character being alive gives a new twist to the plot since she's no longer a supporting role but now a main character. i wonder how everything will play out since it's on 24 episodes and there seems to be a lot that needs to be flushed out. For example the first princess and her love line, will Han Shou still take over  Hua Yuan city, what about her second sister will she become evil? 

Reveal hidden contents

My prediction about the ending is that the actor got injured or hurt on set from falling since she kept saying in episode 1 he kept flying away when she talks to him. She rushes to the hospital to find the actor who she remembers as Han Shou. When she gets the hospital she rushes to hug him and he is flustered so he moves back or away from her. She would then realizes he's not Han Shou and then he says something that is from their interactions in the drama. Dramatic music plays and then I hope we get an extra scenes LOL. Because I have watched way too much chinese dramas where that's how it ends or a cliff hanger making you think there's a second season and there's nothing.

P.S does anyone know where I can download the raw episodes for this drama?

most welcome. my command of chinese is not that great.. it's only a rough translation. wait for the subs k

raw episodes - it gets uploaded every monday and tuesday at 8pm (sg/my timing) - 2 episodes each night

it's broadcast in china at 6pm i think

google for these

duboku.net

chinaq.tv

2 minutes ago, enzek said:

I don't understand. Do you meant that Chinese WeTv App has more episodes than the Non Chinese WeTv App?

I thought this drama only has 24 episodes? Or do you meant the BTS, interview and other extra stuff like that?

i watch on weTV english channel 

it is fully subbed in english for all the episodes, and has all the clips, trailers, previews, etc. all in english. so it's pretty convenient to watch if you are non chinese.

for VIP members, u see all the above i mentined, right now, up to ep 14 are available

free ones - up to ep 8 only. the rest are locked.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, enzek said:

I don't understand. Do you meant that Chinese WeTv App has more episodes than the Non Chinese WeTv App?

I thought this drama only has 24 episodes? Or do you meant the BTS, interview and other extra stuff like that?

i think they're referring to the release-all-eps on June 1st? seems like it's only available to the Chinese app users?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taekwang said:

i watch on weTV english channel 

it is fully subbed in english for all the episodes, and has all the clips, trailers, previews, etc. all in english. so it's pretty convenient to watch if you are non chinese.

for VIP members, u see all the above i mentined, right now, up to ep 14 are available

free ones - up to ep 8 only. the rest are locked.

Ok thank you, I get it now:D

@enzek @Usi

From 1 June onwards its possible to pay for VIP early access privileges on top of the usual membership to watch ep17-24 through the chinese Tencent video app. I do have both Wechatpay and Alipay, its only USD$1-2 per month for normal membership but I have not bought episodes in advance so I'm not sure how much they cost. I don't really need eng subs so I usually watch the raws in chinese

@taekwang (fellow sg here btw)

It's always a dilemma for me though - if I binge watch to satisfy my drama addiction then I'd have withdrawal symptoms after! :ph34r:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, enzek said:

12 minutes ago, enzek said:

no they have the same # of episodes, but the ability to buy/unlock all the episodes up to 24 next Monday June 1 beyond regular VIP is only available on the Chinese WeTv App and not on the Non Chinese WeTv app. Even if you somehow can access the Chinese WeTv app and pay for the episodes all the way until episode 24, they will not have English Subs. The English subs will still only be 4 episodes each week on the Non Chinese WeTv app.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

Do you guys think CC really likes HS or she is only feeling that way because of QQ and how envious she is of her getting the love from their mother and everyone?

You are right, she may just be tired of living in QQ's shadow and envies QQ. I think CC is a sad character and I actually empathise with her a lot. Pretty, intelligent and brave but always trumped by QQ. She definitely needs some love and what else is left for her when QQ already has everything? I hope the show also subverts the trope of hateful 2nd FL who is always trying to snatch what the FL has. The sisterly scenes were pretty sweet in the beginning. I also ship Su Mu and YY!~ :w00t:

• Like 5

@Reverie I sympathize with her character and it makes me sad because QQ admires CC a lot and support her. However, I think QQ realize her characters that she have written have emotions that she did not think of as a writer. I like how she start to realize her mistakes as a writer with the interactions with her character. I love the sister interactions and hope to see all three sisters interact. However, I find it challenging to see CC happy with QQ, mostly when she have outsiders telling her how QQ is getting favored and that she took the crown princess title and HS from CC. 

• Like 2

I am not understanding this episode thing. 4 episodes are released every week. The drama premiered on 18 May so 8 episodes should have been released by today for non VIP members then why up to 14 episodes with subtitles are available everywhere. Exactly how many episodes are they releasing every week :wacko:

It's my first time watching an ongoing Cdrama so I am really confused.

35 minutes ago, -Love Blossom- said:

I am not understanding this episode thing. 4 episodes are released every week. The drama premiered on 18 May so 8 episodes should have been released by today for non VIP members then why up to 14 episodes with subtitles are available everywhere. Exactly how many episodes are they releasing every week :wacko:

It's my first time watching an ongoing Cdrama so I am really confused.

Someone with premium membership just uploaded those episodes to other websites.  It's not legal.  If you don't have premium membership to WeTV, you can only watch 8 episodes as of today.  Even the YouTube official channel and Viki only has to episode 8.  

• Thanks 1

I like Chu Chu. She may or may not turn completely evil but there's a side of me that wants her to find some sort of happiness. She's envious of QQ but deep down inside she recognized that it's still her sister. The part when QQ was setting them up and Chu Chu was fighting with Han Shuo and she ends up in his arm...then he just threw her against them boxes. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

I figured that much, but was confused that he decided last minute to not poison her anymore. I think the editing is at fault here, maybe there was a scene we missed? Because he didn't think she suspected him until AFTER he threw away the wine.

He gave up trying to poison her because every time he tried linking arms amd drinking it lover's style it backfired :joy: cos it'll be him drinking the poison instead if he didn't stop it.

• LOL 3

5 hours ago, taekwang said:

found 2 new videos on weibo (raw again)

enjoy =)

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4508943066529801/4508944561321106
spoiler - Preview for ep 19-20

briefly :

HAn shuo says to pei heng - I say must follow the rules of my xuan hu city!

shes my woman so she belongs to me

then kick pei heng off the steps

HS carries Qian Qian on his shoulder back into their room when he sees she rushes over to care for pei heng 

spoiler 2: http://t.cn/A62VTzPV

this one v sweet =) roughly translated

Han Shuo - your hand is hurt and you never tell me. even Pei Heng knew about it

Qian Qian - even if I tell you , you  didn't care about me

Han Shuo - painful?

QQ - yes

Han shuo - i ask zi rei (the servant) to come in and keep you company

QQ - no, please keep me company here

then the bed and floor scene

QQ - why you never ask me if i want to sleep on the bed or floor

HS - bc i want to sleep on the bed

QQ - floor is hard

HS - hmm.. yes, it is hard and good for you

@Vivi123 this was posted by @taekwang on page 8

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Vivi123 said:

Can someone translate and tell me what’s going? 

Let me try telling this story like the story tellers.

The banana told the peach to come at him.  The peach tried, but was thoroughly beaten by the banana. The banana told them, the whole thing about amiable divorce and divorce paper were just based on the rules of the Garden Court, but now they are going by the rules of the Tiger Court. Based on the rules of the Tiger Court, the orange is the banana's wife and she will never be allowed to leave him.

The peach still tried to resist, so banana kicked him down. The orange showed up and saw the the peach was bruised and felt the banana's killing intent, so she went up to help the peach and stop the banana from beating the peach up. This made the banana annoyed but since the banana love the orange and couldn't deny her request, he just picked up the orange and left.

Because the peach is a drama queen, it started pouring the moment the orange and banana left the scene.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 2

I can’t sympathize with CC. She is a self centered ninny. She whines that her younger sister is favoured so much and she gets always the shortest stick of all sisters what isn’t true. She has no empathy for the feelings of others. Everything is about her but she doesn’t care much for QQ or her older sister. She has the most power of all sisters but uses it only for her own gain. Remember the mine accident. She did nothing for the people, it didn’t even came into her mind she could help them out.

1 hour ago, Usi said:

I can’t sympathize with CC. She is a self centered ninny. She whines that her younger sister is favoured so much and she gets always the shortest stick of all sisters what isn’t true. She has no empathy for the feelings of others. Everything is about her but she doesn’t care much for QQ or her older sister. She has the most power of all sisters but uses it only for her own gain. Remember the mine accident. She did nothing for the people, it didn’t even came into her mind she could help them out.

True, she comes across as self-centered and helps QQ to gain her favour. Probably when they were younger she was sincere towards QQ and YY but now she doesn't even bother unless her mother tells her to.

And now she hates QQ for robbing the Crown Princess title and Han Shuo when those two were hers in the first place *delusional* :blink:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Usi said:

I agree with you about CC. The part where QQ went to persuade her about the mine and saving the lives of those people but her response was no I won't because mom finally smiled at me is pretty selfish. I also do not sympathize with her because she doesn't take the time to know QQ instead she just assume QQ is immature and spoiled. However, QQ original character was supposed to be unlikable. I honestly don't think she would be a great crown princess. I'm not sure how her character is going to turn out and whether she will get character growth. I find it distasteful to see her coming on to HS knowing he is devoted and loves QQ. However, I hope she becomes a catalyst for QQ to finally be confident and claim the FL position and accepts our HS heart. Because I am not ready to see HS or QQ cry. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chsaf said:

He gave up trying to poison her because every time he tried linking arms amd drinking it lover's style it backfired :joy: cos it'll be him drinking the poison instead if he didn't stop it.

omfg this idiot I love him so much! Thanks for explaining hahaha

2 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Let me try telling this story like the story tellers.

The banana told the peach to come at him.  The peach tried, but was thoroughly beaten by the banana. The banana told them, the whole thing about amiable divorce and divorce paper were just based on the rules of the Garden Court, but now they are going by the rules of the Tiger Court. Based on the rules of the Tiger Court, the orange is the banana's wife and she will never be allowed to leave him.

The peach still tried to resist, so banana kicked him down. The orange showed up and saw the the peach was bruised and felt the banana's killing intent, so she went up to help the peach and stop the banana from beating the peach up. This made the banana annoyed but since the banana love the orange and couldn't deny her request, he just picked up the orange and left.

Because the peach is a drama queen, it started pouring the moment the orange and banana left the scene.

I died!! Thank you for the great retelling using our beloved fruit metaphors! It will never get old whenever QQ introduces a new fruit and the writers groan, "another one?" LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 2