[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

32 minutes ago, yukiyukiku said:

The only suspense for me is...when will TI & ED finally burst kissing or turn the robot black hole into a star *praymode

Can you hold your breath for 30 or so more episodes? That's my prediction, in the 70's.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

40 minutes ago, maribella said:

Can you hold your breath for 30 or so more episodes? That's my prediction, in the 70's.

:astonished: you're asking for another 30more eps to get a kiss???
sister..frenz...adiosss...my ship is turning to be a submarine

not sinking *stillpraying

just turn into a submarine

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

19 minutes ago, yukiyukiku said:

:astonished: you're asking for another 30more eps to get a kiss???
sister..frenz...adiosss...my ship is turning to be a submarine

not sinking *stillpraying

just turn to a submarine

:lol: I am sorry, I think so. But you will get your OTP, quite sure.

I was going through the shows that the writer wrote. Those have quite complex plots with convoluted relationships - to me. Heavy stuff too, the one that seems familiar to me is 'while you are sleeping'.

Has anyone seen that? The FL went into a vegetative state caused by the obstetrician who was the jilted lover of the FL's husband. Tell me that is not complex.  Here we have HW, a top cardiac surgeon, had a bad abortion, possessive  of her ex and has a thoroughly nasty disposition. 

The other shows also have a lot of revenge and infidelity. I think we are moving into angst-filled territory, most likely the source will be Dim Sum. So even if we dislike abba mama, looks like she and JK will be our comic relief. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, maribella said:

:lol: I am sorry, I think so. But you will get your OTP, quite sure.

I was going through the shows that the writer wrote. Those have quite complex plots with convoluted relationships - to me. Heavy stuff too, the one that seems familiar to me is 'while you are sleeping'.

Has anyone seen that? The FL went into a vegetative state caused by the obstetrician who was the jilted lover of the FL's husband. Tell me that is not complex.  Here we have HW, a top cardiac surgeon, had a bad abortion, possessive  of her ex and has a thoroughly nasty disposition. 

The other shows also have a lot of revenge and infidelity. I think we are moving into angst-filled territory, most likely the source will be Dim Sum. So even if we dislike abba mama, looks like she and JK will be our comic relief. 

:sweat_smile: *nods yea..i knew this drama is slow romance burner for whatever ship 

Still...my heart can't go on, not like titanic :sweat_smile:

having ambiguous relationship with a black hole robot & a puppy cant get me go on 

BUT..regardless, somehow i'm still active in this thread though not watching as much as my other dramas

I'm more into hospital playlist & Once Again drama, but i hardly ever post there 

except last night when the winter garden ship was finally sailing with a kiss

BAMMM...my drama ninja mode suddnely back on :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

okay, what was with this weird affair-ish feel where the stepson acts as the palace guard so his stepmom can meet her old lover and holds hands? :sweatingbullets: umm, okay. had to laugh at the disco themed sinister music when jun hyuk stood in front of the church though. with his twitching eye and smirk, he looked like he was going to step dance like his abba mama....but then eun dong steps in as bodyguard and it looks like chairman han is having secret meeting with her because they can't talk in office. right. ^_^ this entire thing is really dumb.

dim sum is hands down the most annoying character in this show. "oh, they are hunting my tae in" -- yes, they are hunting your kid because of you stupid woman, because of you. so lets have this birth secret out. ji hoon is not some 7 year old who is going to be all confused. he is a grown man. dim sum needs to stop hiding behind her stepson and letting robot take the heat for her past. if she really wants to protect tae in, then stop quivering and just be open about the past. UGH! there rant over.

@youngae ~ am still cautious on this ship. like you noted, there are several points in favour of ji hoon and eun dong. found it interesting that when tae in thanked her, she said that she did it for ji hoon. not for tae in, not for his mother. but to protect ji hoon from jun hyuk. eun dong just needs to tell the fella but it is not her secret to tell. anyways, @maribella has the ship probabillity at 5% or less. @gutibear thinks we can increase it cautiously to 15%. I think I will stick to my estimate of 11%  though my tendency at times is to see it less than 10% but I will be a little optimistic for now...

12 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

For the very first time in all of my drama watching career, I'm really really close to having a villain as my favorite character - MH

welcome to the dark side! hahahah... honestly, there have been many dramas where my faves were quite frankly the antis and villains. as for now, myung hee is more anti camp. loved her total zen pose in pink disco sequin suit as hospital chairman's office was getting raided. had to laugh at that. when I love these antis/villains, it is because the actors are actually having a rollicking time, the writer is giving them plenty to work with and the actors themselves are adding all sorts of nuances that make these characters very fleshed out human. so yea, their ending will be miserable but absolute fun to watch. so join the ride! ^_^

@chococarmela ~ agree with you that there needs to be some sort of turning point but chairman han dying would feel like a power vacuum. without him, there won't be these fun chess battles with all these players. if someone has to be killed, I vote for dimsum. :phew:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 2

@chococarmela regarding the views on drama I am in full agreement with the overview @maribellagave. Nothing to add from my side.

I agree with  @yukiyukiku as well .The TI ED are no ship but  a submarine instead. This drama is no happy go lucky drama with forever laughing and smiling FL and haughty ML who accidentally fall on each other and kiss . Instead it is a melancholic melodrama drama with lots of angst and emotions . A slow burn till you get some passionate outbursts. 

But man I can't bear the burden of HJ H's puppy love. It's too much , I can't go through same nightmare this guy gave me in Lovers in Bloom. So I will better stop watching for next 30 and read comments instead. 

Did anybody mark TI ED conversation after ED saved the day for TI mom and Chairman Han. When TI thanked , ED coldly shrugged him saying she did it for HJH. What was that ? Please give your views .Is her care for HJ H so much that she just can't accept  TI's thanks ! Really!! 

Ps : Why do I have a bad feeling about Chairman Han TI mom Secret affair . I want scary MH  to know it now .That old guy  and quivering woman have no idea that they are playing with fire.Once MH knows it , whole TI family will bear the brunt and Chairman Han will end up in hospital . TI door guarding and ED body swap can only fool CJH not MH.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

camp. loved her total zen pose in pink disco sequin suit as hospital chairman's office was getting raided. had to

:lol::lol: there is a generational gap here, I said Liberace suit but forgot that I am the only one who probably knows of him.

If the writer wants a lot of melo episodes DS may be bumped off, but I don't think anyone is going to die. But they did kill off Mr. Cha and threw ED an orphan into prison. This writer has some pretty convoluted plots. 

I am only predicting a kiss between the FL and ML in episode 70 ish. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, shana0127 said:

Ps : Why do I have a bad feeling about Chairman Han TI mom Secret affair . I want scary MH  to know it now .That old guy  and quivering woman have no idea that they are playing with fire.Once MH knows it , whole TI family will bear the brunt and Chairman Han will end up in hospital . TI door guarding and ED body swap can only fool CJH not MH.

exactly; myung hee is a smart cookie and once she figures it out, she is going to take it as an insult and an affair that these two met up secretly so many times. she is not going to be understanding because she was not given the respect and care that was due to her. instead she and her daughter were made a fool of.

am really disliking dim sum -- your stepson's wedding was called off because of you. he is facing revenge and insults from everyone because of you. what exactly is she trying to do here? regardless of how ji hoon will feel about it, others need to be told. myung hee and chairman han have been married for years. so what is with this hide and seek? it is not like she is pretending that ji hoon is her own flesh and blood. everyone knows that ji hoon is not her blood. it would clear up so much misunderstanding if the truth is revealed but no one wants to say it because quivering dim sum keeps crying out "NOOOO, please don't say it." UGH. <_< am looking forward to myung hee breathing fire on dim sum for her stupidity.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

@shana0127 :heart: Thank you for the kind words - your intuition is sound, on the matter of gender, I am indeed of the male variety 

Okay back for episode 43 -

Oh @maribella ... lots of good insightful posts on your behalf and yet you forgot to mention our girl even once? After she had that heartfelt discussion with ED, how she said she wanted to stay, after ED told her to stay and that TI would protect her - Yes, our girl is indeed on the road to redemption .... and NOT back to prison  :blush: ..... Oh I can already hear you thinking .... "well marriage is a prison of sorts" .... while that very well may be the case for some - In HMs case it just means she gets HJH for a cellmate :lol:

5 hours ago, maribella said:

I have to try my hand at a literary device after reading leftcoastoppa's writing pen metaphor.:phew: 

Glad to see someone was paying attention :lol:

@chococarmela - I agree that ED will get triggered, but I believe it will be EC that gets hurt. That will galvanize ED for revenge, and it will bring HJH in line with TI and ED as they go after the remainder of the Choi/Han family

8 hours ago, foreverempress said:

All she does is yell, manipulate, and treat everyone like a parasite under her skin.

Yes, but its because she does it so well and with such fashion sense its getting harder NOT to love her

6 hours ago, gutibear said:

Chairman Man promised to help ED but she refused. My guess, Chairman Han will end up in a situation where he can't help ED when she need it the most (Chairman Han in a coma or dead like you said. but I really hope the writer won't kill his character soon). 

Agree here as well - the way MH stormed past Chairman Han and gave him a case of frostbite when she told him it was none of business where she was going late at night

• Like 6

I wonder if Kim So Hyun or Park Bo Gum will be able to make HJH adorable? The writer is building up his relationship with ED and will surely dash it a few times in the coming episodes. Well, I hope they have a few respectable and pretty girls waiting for him by the end of series. He is a good person, all good people should end up in life and drama with a good life.

@LeftCoastOppa I didn't want to mention you know who because the temptation to send her off will be too great. If she really wants to help, just pack her things and go to Busan or some place, instead of showing that trembling mouth and voice. We get more than enough of quivers and trembles from Dim Sum.

@Lmangla You may be right about the writer bumping off DS, but wouldn't it terribly sad for HJH?  I can see MH filling in the gap, repenting her old ways...:crazy: Oooh, makes my hair stand. No I want MH defiant till the end, yelling curses at the world when she gets carted off to gaol for bashing Chairman Han.  How's that?

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

43 minutes ago, shana0127 said:

ikr...and from all the places, they chose to meet at the church

i understand they might be wanting to reminiscence their past

but then that's even worse since both of them are remarried with someone else *palmface

DS doesnt think far ahead & blindsided

she's a good mother with protective instinct, but she can not think straight 

she thought she's protecting HJH by not telling him about her parentage & the truth behind her disapearrance

she doesnt realize by doing that, she put HJH in danger of being manipulated by others

and possible drift between 2 stepbrothers (HJH & TI) 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, maribella said:

@Lmangla You may be right about the writer bumping off DS, but wouldn't it terribly sad for HJH?  I can see MH filling in the gap, repenting her old ways...:crazy: Oooh, makes my hair stand. No I want MH defiant till the end, yelling curses at the world when she gets carted off to gaol for bashing Chairman Han.  How's that?

it is not often characters really get on my nerves but dim sum does. so would it be sad for ji hoon, maybe. but whose fault is it that he wasn't told? herself.

as for the relationship between myung hee and ji hoon, I can see it being healed in a different way. she is never going to be some warm gooeey mother. that is frankly not her style. early on, ji hoon said that he felt uncomfortable that she never yelled at him the way she yelled at seo ju and was always polite. so if the frost bite between the two melts, basically she will nag him to death and he will act exasperated while secretly being thrilled and amused at her nagging. :sweatingbullets:... or she will chop off the head of someone who bothers ji hoon and he will know that he is loved. so she will then continue to do her zen general style yelling and he will be content with that.  ^_^ so am not expecting some brain personality transplant for myung hee. she should remain the glorious lady macbeth.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

dim sum is hands down the most annoying character in this show. "

Ha ha ha ha for sure she is very annoying. People like her , I can’t befriend but in rl there some people who are naturally weak. They can only live an average life. I had feared that Dim Sum would leave her family but now I know she really loves her husband. I was torment with the thought that she was still in love with Chairman Han. 
Please help me @Lmangla @maribella @LeftCoastOppa  Who’s has Chairman Han touched? 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f2dd00fc972e8b5c30

I can be a prude, I can’t watch drama where spouse are physically cheating or emotionally cheating on their spouse because no matter how horrible a spouse is, You have no right to cheat on them. Leave them if they make your life miserable. 

I admit I am shipping TI and ED but as the drama progresses I get confused. Who does ED love. I know for a fact ED hated TI once she got out of jail. She had no love for him but once he alllowed her to ruin him , she is confused about his action. Why isn’t he fighting back? Why is he allowing her to destroy him? Why is he letting their misunderstandings grow?? She had a crush on him but let’s be real here it wasn’t love. 
I started shipping them because of synopsis which clearly stated this drama is about ED and TI ‘s FATAL PROMISE”. The drama is clearly about them. Once I started watching it it seems that there 5 Main Roled. It is infuriating because O HATE IT MY WHEN MY SHIP SINKS. 

HJH is in love , he wants to be used , he want a family , he wants to be loved but ED has never shown it to him. He loves to lecture TI on how he is ruining ED but he chooses not to see that TI isn’t chasing her but it is the other way around. Let’s all agree ED cares for them both but she still hasn’t shown who she cares for the most. 

@youngae you said “HJH is the only one who has gotten her to smile and laugh again. I mean if TI/ED were meant to be together he would got her to smile or laugh just once.  The ketchup thing might have been lame but it was cute. He had to use what he had on hand literally. LOL!” 

I found this so forced, her smile wasn’t natural. He tried to hard, it should have been a bit more natural. You are right he is the only one who has made her smile but the timing is always wrong. I blame it on the writing. Like you said Even if TI likes her ,he won’t make a move because he Larry feels unworthy. He wants to give HJH some happiness. He also feels guilty because HJH bio mom raised him. He knows that HJH will be jealous of that too. So he will never approach her. 

In the preview when HJH said he is bringing ED home, ED was happy at all. I have no idea what that look was for??? The look I question is in the quote 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f2dd00fc972e8b5c30

Has everyone noticed everyone in the drama is pushing ED to be with HJH. No one has gotten an answer because she is keeping her mouth shut. I blame the writer. The writer should have given us the. Answer. Every time someone ask a question about either man to ED, she always looks away. Smh smh 

MH is a bad richard simmons woman. She is willing to kill for her child. She is also greedy and has never truly accepted HJH. If she has ever shown any kind of affection to him O would have been love her to pieces even if she is greedy. I do love villains but with a touching story behind them. MH is a spoiled brat and her brother spoiled her rotten. I suspect he probably helped the chairman break up HJH’s parents. 

I loved how bold MH is by almost spilling the beans. But she is a woman who can never be redeemed in my eyes. She believes is standing by blood now what EVIL DEED THEY HAVE DONE. At least SJ has morals but her mother’s bad influence is what is making her into a bad person. MH WILL BE THE ONE TO CAUSE CHAIRMAN HAN TO COLLAPSE INTO A COMA BECAUSE SHE SPILLED THE BEANS. He will confront JH. Then JH will twist the story but Chairman Han will figure it out and JH might try to let him die but MH will walk into the room. Then send him to the hospital. Chairman Han will know JOONHYUK KILLED ED’s FATHEE AND FINALLY UNDERSTAND WHY TI ANS ED ARE CAUSING ALL KIND OF TROUBLE THESE PAST FEW MONTHS AND WILL REMEMBER THIS PARTICULAR SCENE WITH DIM SUM 

CHAIRMAM HAN ASK HER IF SHEIS HAPPY 

DIM SUM: 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f8cb5fd12ae4fdd103

Dim Sum  giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f2dd00fc972e8b5c30

• Like 6

This drama is driving me nuts . So I will not watch but watch it through your eyes chingu. Today is my last day watching this drama. Too much frustration  Going to spend watching  something light and crazy.  미진  Yay my Korean is getting better. Finally being able to to read the alphabet . :lol::D

Spoiler

Brilliant Heritage, Once ans Again because they leave me so refreshed and full of laughter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, maribella said:

@LeftCoastOppa I didn't want to mention you know who because the temptation to send her off will be too great. If she really wants to help, just pack her things and go to Busan or some place, instead of showing that trembling mouth and voice. We get more than enough of quivers and trembles from Dim Sum.

Whoa whoa whoa ..... so let me get this straight ....

You have written off HM to ride the train to Busan .... while you're okay with MH ... "repenting her old ways" ....

WHAT??? :joy:

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

This drama is driving me nuts . So I will not watch but watch it through your eyes chingu. Today is my last day watching this drama. Too much frustration  Going to spend watching  something light and crazy.  미진  Yay my Korean is getting better. Finally being able to to read the alphabet . :lol::D

Hide contents

Brilliant Heritage, Once ans Again because they leave me so refreshed and full of laughter.

You can't leave now - you have to ride this out with the rest of us! :lol:

• LOL 4

8 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Whoa whoa whoa ..... so let me get this straight ....

You have written off HM to ride the train to Busan .... while you're okay with MH ... "repenting her old ways" ....

WHAT??? :joy:

Oh no you missed the part 'makes my hair stand', MH repenting? (Shudder). 
You are just so taken by HM, what has she got that , say HW doesn't have? 
She's just a younger version of DS. 

It just occurred to me maybe they will kill her off? So it will turn into a whodunit as well. I think I can live with this.:D

• LOL 5

2 minutes ago, maribella said:

You are just so taken by HM, what has she got that , say HW doesn't have? 

A conscience ....

ED as a friend .....

TI as a protector ....

HJH as a love interest ....

:blush:

HW has more swagger, I'll give you that, but that's just because she has a better wardrobe :lol:

8 minutes ago, maribella said:

It just occurred to me maybe they will kill her off? So it will turn into a whodunit as well. I think I can live with this.:D

Wow - thats dark! :lol:

• LOL 5