[Drama 2020] Old School Intern/Kkondae Intern, 꼰대인턴

nonski

On 6/8/2020 at 11:16 PM, nonski said:

What do you think of the first half of this show

i've been lurking here and there haha, but got caught by @nonski :phew:

i haven't watched ep7 (eng sub)... i'll wait for tomorrow night where i can sit down comfortably for a few hours straight to catch both ep7 & 8..

little thoughts of the drama to-date,

i like Lee Man Sik... as much as being a horrendous ex boss to Ga Yeol Chan, he was also being portrayed as a caring husband and loving dad at home, also a filial son in earlier episodes. :)

i can't remember the exact words he said to Yeol Chan in recent episode when the latter got a lashing from those scheming bosses, but he did mention something like, the team leader is supposed to be the one to shoulder the burden and shield the team from the higher ups. so this is something which Yeol Chan will need to learn and cope to be a better boss (else if not, becoming more like Man Sik the last time buttering up those bosses). Man Sik might look like some prideful old farts talking to his workplace seniors without respect, but his years of experience is something worth learning from... he would be a good mentor to Yeol Chan and the team. B)

Yeol Chan... i find him a very sensitive (and fragile) person... maybe still young and needs more hands on experience leading a messy team. he is too affected by how people look at him.. still, a major consolation is that the oxbone rice soup ahjussi is still alive (although brain dead). not sure if this will help him with his panic attack..

as for the rest of the people in the S&M team.. seriously, most of them are leeches! :angry: especially this Mr Oh (triplets dad).. is he even working at all? the other new intern guy.. he's new but too political. did the world outside screw up his mind or what. documents that were being shredded are meant to be P&C, who is he to pick them all up, pieced them together and then took out to confront people in the office? if he was my subordinate or new intern, he wouldn't need to complete his term, i'll just direct him straight out of the company door. what a PRICK! <_<

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This show is so goofy and fun. I really look forward to it each week.

Tak Jeong-Eun slept with Yoo Joon-Soo - :huh::w00t:

Tak Jeong-Eun lied that she was the "hot chicken" inspiration because she liked Ga Yeol Chan - :blink:

Tak Jeong-Eun is treated like crap by the executives in this company - :angry: and she cries.

People just call her "Tak." :D

Lee Tae-Ri - sings!

Lee Tae-Ri's ramyeon-curls are revealed! Ga Yeol Chan knows she is the chicken lady!

Lee Tae-Ri is the inspiration for the new Hot Octopus Ramyeon logo!

None of the other people on the team had much to do, except Seung-Jin throws a huge fit at Yeol-Chan for making them taste-test so much ramyeon.

Not a whole lot of new stuff for the corporate shenanigans, except that everyone is a snake and out to get Ga Yeol-Chan fired. They're all pretty terrible and no one is on his side. He should just form his own ramyeon company with his new pal Mansigi.

Yet another guy tries to commit suicide (his sesame oil company produced sesame oil that was contaminated) - and Yeol-Chan-Mansigi save him this time.

I loved that when they were stranded on the island, they had that volleyball (like in "Cast Away") with a red chicken logo on it.

The guy guest starring as the new rival for Yeol-Chan is Yeong Tak, and he sings that crazy "kkondae-latte" song. He's one of the "Mr. Trot" contestants.

Two other "Mr. Trot" contestants are also singing on the OST - this show is a real Trot-fest.

Poor Dubbu is so neglected. And Ms Tak deserves better in work. The boy-toy isn’t bad to look at. So that’s something, even if he’s a bad dog owner.

But Joonsoo, Tak’s Boy Toy, is creeping me out with his snooping, (okay, I know it happens) and his rage fits against people. It’s like he is a serial killer in the making or something.

Hello there! So they dropped a few stills from the final episode which depicts somewhat a sad Yeol Chan. PD-nim said there will be a twist in the story.

So what do you think is the the twist? 

We're also having quite a discussion on Twitter and we have some rather funny theories in mind.

- Ga Yeol Chan will own Junsu? Ga Yeol Chan will own a noodle company? Maybe he was finally kicked out of Junsu, thus the sad expression.

- YeolChan turns out to be the long lost son of Man Sik or the actual heir of JoonSu Co. or Yeol Chan and JoonSu are actually stepbrothers?

- Nam goong Junsu is the step brother to yeol chan

- lee tae ri is actually the daughter of Junsu or the daughter of Mr lee man sic or maybe Yeol Chan and Tae ri is a sibling. They would have to do another paternal DNA test

- may the recipe book is involved with Ongol and Joonsu.

(credits to the owners of the ideas, of course)

We thought this is also straight up comedy / office drama, but don't be fooled. There are actually a lot of questions left unanswered. Maybe some will think differently, but we just thought there's more to this drama.

- did you all notice that Lee Man Sik said he has two kids in the first episode? Who is the other kid?

- why did yoon soo have flowers on his feet whereas Yeol Chan does not have any?

- and why did the chairman suddenly become nice to GYC in the hospital? what about the shares, did he actually gave it to yeol chan?

- is it possible that namgoong junsu is adopted that's why the chairman doesn't give him a company share?

- is there any special reason for being intern at Ongol and being a manager at joonsu? why did the chairman give an apartment to yeol chan? is the reason really about the benefit that yeolchan make for company? I think the mother knows something.

- Is Mr. Kim the possible stalker? Why is he holding a newspaper with GYC's photo on it? 

- How did Yoon Soo know something about GYC killing a man?

Just dropping it all here. Feel free to counter / add your theories and questions. Haha

On 6/8/2020 at 8:16 AM, nonski said:

What do you think of the first half of this show

@nonski, I apologize for late response.  I am loving this Drama.  I did not think I would like it, based on the teasers... But, boy - did it take me by surprise....     Kim Eung-Soo and Park Hae Jin are terrific together.  The script is good; How their relationship changed over time in the Drama, is terrific. That's very good from a newbie scriptwriter.  I loved their "camping" trip. I love the humor.

Thank you everyone for all your contributions, and love for this Drama.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New Stills Added for the Korean Drama "Kkondae Intern"

photo1196676.jpg

photo1196677.jpg

photo1196675.jpg

Spoiler

photo1196674.jpg

source

It's nice reading your thoughts Interns!

@nrllee hope you can catch up soon.  This one's a gem!  It's a different kind of Haejin here. :) 

On 6/11/2020 at 12:54 PM, sadthe1st said:

i like Lee Man Sik... as much as being a horrendous ex boss to Ga Yeol Chan, he was also being portrayed as a caring husband and loving dad at home, also a filial son in earlier episodes. :)

Man Sik might look like some prideful old farts talking to his workplace seniors without respect, but his years of experience is something worth learning from... he would be a good mentor to Yeol Chan and the team. B)

Sorry to cut your post short... @sadthe1st We seem to all like Man Sik character here.  Other than being a horrendous manager, he seems to be really a good person.  He even took care of the soup owner.  It could be his conscience or he is just a decent person.

Yeol Chan... i find him a very sensitive (and fragile) person... maybe still young and needs more hands on experience leading a messy team. he is too affected by how people look at him.. still, a major consolation is that the oxbone rice soup ahjussi is still alive (although brain dead). not sure if this will help him with his panic attack..

The time when GYC interned with Ongol was crucial in his personality. The bullying affected his self esteem much.  On the outside he seemed to have recovered from it but in reality it was such huge impact that he's still so much affected when LMS appeared in his life again.  LMS will also play a big role in his overcoming all the setbacks he had so far.

as for the rest of the people in the S&M team.. seriously, most of them are leeches! :angry: especially this Mr Oh (triplets dad).. is he even working at all? the other new intern guy.. he's new but too political. did the world outside screw up his mind or what. documents that were being shredded are meant to be P&C, who is he to pick them all up, pieced them together and then took out to confront people in the office? if he was my subordinate or new intern, he wouldn't need to complete his term, i'll just direct him straight out of the company door. what a PRICK! <_<

OMG what a team!  If I am their leader, I don't think they can last a week with me or vice versa hahaha!

Mr. Oh, I just can't with his attitude.  He is overbeating, a bully, a friendly user, a freeloader and so much more.  He is a regular employee so he thought he has the right.  In real life work, there are some who are really like him.

On 6/12/2020 at 4:56 PM, chickfactor said:

Tak Jeong-Eun is treated like crap by the executives in this company - :angry: and she cries.

i pity her lot at the office as well... 5 years as an intern is so much.

Not a whole lot of new stuff for the corporate shenanigans, except that everyone is a snake and out to get Ga Yeol-Chan fired. They're all pretty terrible and no one is on his side. He should just form his own ramyeon company with his new pal Mansigi.

I hope they do form their own company!  They're the ones creating ramyeon flavors after all.  These Joonsoo guys are just as bad as those from Ongol.

Yet another guy tries to commit suicide (his sesame oil company produced sesame oil that was contaminated) - and Yeol-Chan-Mansigi save him this time.

They should form an anti-suicide group or a sort of a help group.  Their experiences can help.

I loved that when they were stranded on the island, they had that volleyball (like in "Cast Away") with a red chicken logo on it.

What I love about them being 'Cast Aways"... LMS' bag full of stuff like he can just pull everything from the bag!  That's a survival bag... he even brought cards with him.  Amazing!

On 6/14/2020 at 9:37 PM, cenching said:

Love this new side of Haejin.....:joy: After those blinding aegyo in Forest, this is what we get in Kkondae....:joy:

I think I love these more than inForest cuz it doesn't make me cringe! hahaha!

These are precious sets!

Spoiler

0-AB60328-DC55-4-A19-86-ED-D606-BFA8947-1-A05-D1-BC-B369-4444-9-DAA-60788-C161-B

On 6/15/2020 at 8:47 AM, tulip06 said:

Poor Dubbu is so neglected. And Ms Tak deserves better in work. The boy-toy isn’t bad to look at. So that’s something, even if he’s a bad dog owner.

I agree she deserves more~

12 hours ago, roziecaparas said:

Hello there! So they dropped a few stills from the final episode which depicts somewhat a sad Yeol Chan. PD-nim said there will be a twist in the story.

With the current set up... a season 2 is ideal.  These is a work place set up after all, anything can be done.

YeolChan turns out to be the long lost son of Man Sik or the actual heir of JoonSu Co. or Yeol Chan and JoonSu are actually stepbrothers?

If this drama turns makjang, this could be IT!

did you all notice that Lee Man Sik said he has two kids in the first episode? Who is the other kid?

I noticed this too, I think he's either away for school or tucked away in some boarding school but made me wonder as well.

9 hours ago, irilight said:

apologize for late response.  I am loving this Drama.  I did not think I would like it, based on the teasers... But, boy - did it take me by surprise....     Kim Eung-Soo and Park Hae Jin are terrific together.  The script is good; How their relationship changed over time in the Drama, is terrific. That's very good from a newbie scriptwriter.  I loved their "camping" trip. I love the humor.

No need to apologize chingu-deul! Happy to have you around here and of course enjoying PHJ with us.

OMG at those stills~

This ramyeon looks yummiest

And when these products hit the market they were all out after less than hour!  

Spoiler

7 hours ago, cenching said:

One of my favorite scene....:joy: ManSik's backpack is like Doraemon's Magic Pocket...:joy: Everything goes....:joy:

I laughed so hard at this stuck on the island scene when MS was taking out all that stuff. When they did the SOS call together, it was awfully adorable. I know there's a lot more speculation of what might be going on in the background of the show. But what keeps me coming back for every episode is definitely the growing bromance between these two HAHAHAHAA and now that they have stayed together on an island for so many days, it is very apparent that their team building from that worked well to get them to resolve the sesame oil case together. This is honestly better than any romantic build up I could be expecting from this show hahahahaha. I also absolutely love how MS talks back to GYC on behalf of the interns and just everytime they bicker.

MS is getting more loveable with each episode too. Love how he hugged his family so hard while he was smelling so terrible from the island days. Judging from GYC's ratings given to the interns, I think MS is growing a lot on him too. And I hope MS will be able to help GYC overcome his trauma. He is the only one noticing GYC suffering from it after all these years.

@fluffyloaf

They were so dramatic in that island. They acted like they were stranded in a Robinson Crusoe’s type of island with no human except them while apparently there are plenty of inhabitants.....:joy: Like you, I love the bromance best...

We only have 2 weeks left and GYC is getting more and more like old LMS in Ongol. LMS is lovely but I think he is not a bad person to begin with. The first episode showed us his bad side from GYC’s black tinted eyeglasses.

Tak-Joo’s romance is unexpected....While it’s obvious that LTL is turning GYC’s heart up side down. He is attracted and repulsed by her at the same time, he doesn’t know what to do....:joy:

Regarding Jonsu’s Boss, I have no idea what he is up to...On the scene where he and GYC received awards for outstanding business or something like that, he stared at GYC with contempt. Not to mention how he treated him afterward. I don’t get him...:skull:

12 hours ago, cenching said:

One of my favorite scene....:joy: ManSik's backpack is like Doraemon's Magic Pocket...:joy: Everything goes....:joy:

hahaha! @cenching fave fave scene too!  first few items out and I was in awe in the end I was LOLing so hard!

4 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

This is honestly better than any romantic build up I could be expecting from this show hahahahaha. I also absolutely love how MS talks back to GYC on behalf of the interns and just everytime they bicker.

I couldn't be satisfied with anymore more than this pair!

4 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

I know there's a lot more speculation of what might be going on in the background of the show.

@fluffyloaf What issues are being speculated?  The last time it was KES crying because of he emphatized so much with GYC's character.   Then PHJ was also sad about it.

3 hours ago, cenching said:

Tak-Joo’s romance is unexpected....While it’s obvious that LTL is turning GYC’s heart up side down. He is attracted and repulsed by her at the same time, he doesn’t know what to do....

Even then the show is still keeping the romance on a lighter note.  It's just one of the spice of the show and I am glad of this refreshing approach.

3 hours ago, cenching said:

Regarding Jonsu’s Boss, I have no idea what he is up to...On the scene where he and GYC received awards for outstanding business or something like that, he stared at GYC with contempt. Not to mention how he treated him afterward. I don’t get him.

He seems to me a one dimensional character, I don't expect much from him nor an explanation of his actions but it would be better if we get one.

1 hour ago, fluffyloaf said:

It should be 12 episodes so we are nearing the end soon! I will miss the duo when it does :'c

Thanks, I thought so, but I also couldn’t believe it. Still, it will be fun to finish it. More shows should be short like this. It can be torturous to drag them out. 

Archived