[Drama 2020] Old School Intern/Kkondae Intern, 꼰대인턴

nonski

3 hours ago, tulip06 said:

@nonski So, no episode tomorrow?

Yes no episode tomorrow, it will be on July 1 but  longer episode.  Will post the article, I just can't now cause it's on IG :( 

Preview of the finale

Some clips for today's episode

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally watched 21 and 22 and it took me so long to find this thread that I’ve forgotten what I was going to say.

Anyway, people kept asking who Anastasia was. I wonder if she will end up related to Joon Soo? And who owns the cute little doggo?

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Old School Intern/Kkondae Intern, 꼰대인턴

So, the finale was fun. I thought it was a it confusing at the end, but I guess 

Spoiler

They both ended up interns back at Joonsu?

Also, what does Joonsu call the ninja halmeoni in Korean, as in the actual words?

9 hours ago, tulip06 said:

So, the finale was fun. I thought it was a it confusing at the end, but I guess 

Also, what does Joonsu call the ninja halmeoni in Korean, as in the actual words?

I don't think they ended up interns at Joonsu. They went to interview to become interns at another company and ended up running into each other. The end is that they are bonded forever.

Joonsu calls her "halmasi," which is a rural accent version of saying "Granny." Basically, he talks like a child and this is just emphasizing that.

I thought that Taeri and Mansik would join Yeolchan at his new successful company, but it was even funnier that it didn't end that way. It wasn't a fantasy ending, but a hopeful one - you could be totally ruined, but there is always another chance to pick yourself back up - or something like that.

No one ever found out who Anastasia was, right?

Anyway, it was super fun. I loved that Choi Moo-Seong guested as Koo Ja-Suk's boyfriend. (Reply 88's super couple!)

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

I thought that Taeri and Mansik would join Yeolchan at his new successful company, but it was even funnier that it didn't end that way. It wasn't a fantasy ending, but a hopeful one - you could be totally ruined, but there is always another chance to pick yourself back up - or something like that.

No one ever found out who Anastasia was, right?

Yes the ending is not perfect but a good one.  

I think they didn't.

Thank you ladies of watching Kkondae.  This had been a great show!

I still need to watch the last two episodes...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

57e0e4ad7f574d1887e2351b414ab8e0.jpeg?s=

Park Hae Jin Talks About Acting In “Kkondae Intern,” The Kind Of Senior Actor He Is, And More

Actor Park Hae Jin participated in an interview to discuss his latest drama “Kkondae Intern” and his career.

“Kkondae Intern” is an office comedy about a man who finally gets sweet revenge on a former boss who once made his life miserable. Park Hae Jin stars as Ga Yeol Chan, who becomes the head of the marketing team at Jun Su Foods after moving up the corporate ladder at lightning speed. Kim Eung Soo stars as Lee Man Shik, Ga Yeol Chan’s boss at his former company but now his subordinate at Jun Su Foods.

First off, Park Hae Jin shared his thoughts on the conclusion of “Kkondae Intern.” He said, “I’m sad that it’s about to end. Usually, I feel bittersweet after a production is over, but I feel more sad this time because it ends at episode 12. I didn’t get to see all the narratives of the characters, and I was also curious about the story of Namgoong Jun Su [played by Park Ki Woong]. Still, I think this work seems to have been a life-oriented drama.”

When asked about how he noticed the popularity of this drama, he answered, “I realized that the drama was receiving a lot of love through online comments and news articles. I think viewers thought more deeply about the drama and they empathized with it a lot. I’ve never worked at a company before, but I tried to show a dramatic performance, and when I saw the comments saying, ‘It felt like I was looking at our company,’ and ‘Yes, it was very tiring,’ I realized people were going through a rough time at work.”

Park Hae Jin also talked about how his character’s personality suddenly changed. He admitted he had a tough time with that, saying, “There was a scene when Ga Yeol Chan exploded after being driven into a corner. I couldn’t relate to the character, so the ending of episode six was hard for me. He had a different tone than the beginning, and it was a time when Ga Yeol Chan was cornered. In reality, I don’t really experience that kind of irritation, so I worked harder to portray it.”

park-hae-jin-11.jpg

Park Hae Jin also talked about the kind of senior actor he is. He commented, “Actually, I think I’m careful when it comes to giving someone advice about acting because I’m busy acting myself. In my opinion, ‘acting’ is the process of putting pieces together for the picture we will make at the end. While doing this work, I thought I should become a good senior to my juniors.”

The interviewer pointed out that he seemed like someone who would take care of his junior actors a lot, and he answered with a laugh, “I’m always hungry on drama sets, so I try to share what I have. I feel awkward when someone thanks me. I try to be careless about sharing because it can feel like I’m showing off. I do appreciate it if they can feel my sincerity.”

When asked if he now has more confidence about acting in comedies, the actor explained, “I don’t suddenly have confidence about it, but I’m trying to find my own humor. I’m convinced that good scenes come from good reactions rather than acting comically up front.”

Park Hae Jin also talked about his chemistry with Kim Eung Soo, saying, “‘Kkondae Intern’ focuses on bromance. Every drama has melodrama on it, but I think it was good that there was none in this drama. A memorable bromance scene is when I drag Kim Eung Soo by the hand. It’s a romantic scene, but it seems to have been well expressed as bromance. Kim Eung Soo’s reaction was at its peak.”

park-hae-jin-2.jpg

When asked about a possibility of a second season, Park Hae Jin replied, “There wasn’t any talk about a second season. There were people who wanted to make it happen, so if the opportunity comes, that would be great.”

Lastly, the actor shared what he thinks is a kkondae (a term that describes an older person who is often condescending or uses their age to justify their actions). He said, “It’s someone who forces their own thoughts on others and who believes they’re absolutely right. I think it’s also someone who thinks they’re an open person. There may be people who have different opinions from me, but I think the person who says, ‘I am absolutely right’ is a kkondae.”

The final episode of “Kkondae Intern” aired on July 1.

source

• 2 weeks later...

Park Hae Jin - Ga Yeol Chan post drama interviews

105943630_575555026348115_35980128862768

Park Hae Jin: "Kim Eung-soo and Best Couple Award? It has a very sentimental value."
"Many viewers are choosing Lee Man Sik and Ga Yeol Chan as candidates for the Best Couple Award. I will not refuse it if you give it to me." "There's no law against giving two males a couple's prize," he said. "I think it's been more than a decade since I won the best couple award at the awards ceremony. I don't think I've received it since I was a rookie, but if I get it again, I think it'll be a new feeling."

Full article: http://naver.me/xCfzy1ot

credit: officialphjphfc

106101820_863923247437185_59030833232195

"I don't even bring my awards at home." "I don't like to have pictures or a plaque at home as I'm not acting for the prize. I'm not the type with high expectations. We know that high expectations mean great disappointment, so I don't want to be greedy."
Park Hae Jin: "Kim Eung-soo and Best Couple Award? It has a very sentimental value."
Full article: http://naver.me/xCfzy1o

• 5 months later...

I saw that @nonski.  So happy for him.  Sad to see everyone wearing masks and gloves but I guess that’s just the world we live in right now.  I haven’t seen/heard much about future projects for him?  I thought Kairos would take out the drama of the year but glad that KI tipped it in the end.  This award would give him a nice boost in confidence heading into the new year. :)

EDIT - I am not a huge fan of the hair though?  I prefer him with shorter hair. :lol:  But then again, I always prefer men with shorter hair.

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

As far as I know he is still working on Crime Puzzle, guessing must be the long hair.  We have no news yet on a new project but I guess he's already been offered or maybe looking into one already.

Happy New Year!  May 2021 bring us more blessings and healing and away with Covid!

12 minutes ago, nonski said:

guessing must be the long hair. 

Long hair usually means Sageuk?  That seems to be the usual for actors.  I guess we will wait and see.  :).  I completely forgot about Crime Puzzle.  Is it airing somewhere - no confirmation on TV station?  I thought it was supposed to air already?  I hope it doesn’t turn out like 4 Sons.  All that work amounting to nothing :tears:

1 minute ago, nrllee said:

Long hair usually means Sageuk?  That seems to be the usual for actors.  I guess we will wait and see.  :).  I completely forgot about Crime Puzzle.  Is it airing somewhere - no confirmation on TV station?  I thought it was supposed to air already?  I hope it doesn’t turn out like 4 Sons.  All that work amounting to nothing :tears:

Four Sons was really something... the trailer I was able to watched was really epic too bad it turned into nothing in the end.

Not really long and I don't think PHJ will fit into a sageuk. hahaha.  I'm one of his biggest fan but I just dunno hahaha.

Archived