[Drama 2020] Yoobyeolna! Chef Moon, 유별나! 문셰프

larus

A few clips from tonight episode.  Don't play the clips if you don't want spoiler :D

In the preview, I really thought Seung Mo was meeting up with CEO Im.

Goes right back to the fun again!!

I laugh so hard at Seol-ha's satisfying smile and Bang Da Hoon was all like  :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

Eric & Won Hee's spectacular synchronized shouting match is hilarious

I love the progression of Eric's expressions to realize what was happening :)

Whose heartbeat was that or it's both??!!!

OF COURSE THEY DID THAT!!!! :P

i can't wait for sub :)

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I loved the scenes with Bella and Seung-Mo`s group in Seoha village. I know that Seung Mo will buy those hair pins for the girls. I think he was waiting for her to come back that night. :D

Seung Mo had the first encounter with Donghan group.

Jang Sun-Young cares about Bella but she is hiding a guilt about Bella`s mother.

I knew that after finding that Bella is alive, Im Cheol Yong will want her dead.

More scenes with Seolha village, especially with the new family: Bella, Seung Mo and the little girl. :P

• Like 3

Seol-a and Bella should write a survival manual. :lol:

It was a really fun scene when Seol-a watched SM and Bella sleep.

Imao...this tight hug...:wub:

It was even more fun when they woke up.

That last scene was a cliche but I like it, especially as SM kept his hands away from her. :D

• Like 3

Alright, I am officially a Seol-a fan! That girl is ADORABLE! :wub:

Her sense of smell is amazing (I am convinced she's Seung-mo's daughter because of that) and she's definitely a business woman in the making! :D

I love how close she is to Bella already, she's going to have an awesome mom! ;)

Donghan is really rotten. Glad to see that Hyuna was so uncomfortable - she knew what was happening wasn't right.

I love how Bella is finally making choices for her own life. Previously she was a prisoner of anorexia and her past, and she had a fear of being in the public eye. Now she does what she wants. If she's uncomfortable she leaves, she eats what she wants, and she isn't constricted by social norms. She can finally start being herself and I think that's awesome! :)

• Like 3

I haven't watched EP4.  Thought on EP3 - I love there shopping trip.  When Bella picking out the outfit for Seol-ah, the little girl was all making faces but it changes so fast after she saw herself with cute outfit.  Bella definitely not loosing her sense of fashion even if she lost her memory just like how she gave that girl at the coffeehouse a rundown of her modelling thing... Hilarious!

The KISS, I knew they was just teasing us hahah  Though, did they really kissed or not?  As much as I'd to see romance booming, I like that they take their time and not rushing it...  The morning after the kiss, Eric & Bella's synchronized shouting match was hilarious, the tripping that Bella is on top of Seungmo. The "I go this way, you go that way.." they start to have feeling for each other.. 

Nothing fancy but it warms my heart seeing Seungmo tugging the little in at night + buying the hairpins for both Bella & Seol-ah.  I love out little sassy girl but I didn't like when Seol-ah said at the market that don't bother about the hairpins cuz they're not "worth much as a dog" referring to the shop owner saying he'll give the hairpins to his dog than selling it for cheap.  It comes off a little rude and entitled consider Seung-mo had already paid for their shopping-spree.

I wonder where Seol-ah's street-smart coming from... She really knows how to work people to her advantage. :D

Also, how did Bella know about that back room where Seungmo's parents kept all the homemade wines?

From EP4, I'm confused with this scene. What was it about? Was it a dream?

Behind the scene - Seol-ah and her abeoji

This shot is for that clip.  Apparently was filmed mid December.

She is so cute!!

He looks so damn young here

Eric's behind the scene photo shoot

Spoiler

Behind the scene - Bang Da Hoon and the girls

Spoiler

Behind the scene - Madame Jang

Spoiler

• Like 2

@Phi Yeah i enjoyed this weeks episodes. They went by in no time. 

About ep 3.

The scene with her and the little girl where they go around the village was great. Or when she tried out the villagers work. I just thought she could have done a bit better in her fashion advice(?)

We had some emotional bonding between the leads as well as some sparks that came a bit out of nowhere. I am usually not the biggest fan of the waking up next to each other and freak out trope (I love what they did in Search WWW and Be Melodramatic) but it kinda fits here.

The plot with Madam Jang and the contract was pretty frustrating and stupid though.

About ep 4.

More fun stuff with bella and the little girl but more substance as well. And they are both so funny. And of course... once she gets into a heated argument her french comes out. I love that :D

And wow seeing Madam Jangs past... Wow that what was pretty terrible, especially regarding the child. Well good for me. No need to root for her anymore and be frustrated about her stupidity (which was shown in this episode as well again). 

Of course it's sad to see how she drives Bella's brand and art into the ground but i am confident that Bella can handle herself. No need to care about Madam Jang and about what she is doing.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, shiqin3381 said:

Did Eric's parent buy the house from Bella's Grandpa or they used to work for him? She found the wine room easily as she used to hide there when she was young?

I dont think that has been explained yet.

So fun...:lol::lol:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fabbo said:

And of course... once she gets into a heated argument her french comes out. I love that

I concentrated to the scene to hear what language she is talking. I could not undertand one word in French. Maybe because of the accent. Maybe the native speakers understood better. I was glad that Seung Mo told me what language it was. I would have been curios about that. :D

I also like the relationship between Bella and the little girl. I don`t know what is Seol A`s  story but I can see her as street smart girl. She had a hard life. No matter if she is Seung Mo biological daughter or not, I think he wll adopt her in the end.

The way Bella taught her to read was funny. More funny was Seung Mo watching everything and wondering how she will teach her the R letter. :D

I think Madame Jang was letting Im Cheol Yong misunderstand that it was an affair between Bella`s mother and Kang Min Seok and later could not take it back.

Next, Seung Mo will save Bella from fire! Go! Go! Go!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, larus said:

I concentrated to the scene to hear what language she is talking. I could not undertand one word in French. Maybe because of the accent. Maybe the native speakers understood better. 

well, I'm a french native speaker, and it wasn't really french lol, just random french words and/or wannabe french words/unrecognizable french words said with a terrible accent :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

11 hours ago, Polka Dot said:

well, I'm a french native speaker, and it wasn't really french lol, just random french words and/or wannabe french words/unrecognizable french words said with a terrible accent :D

I suspected that it was unrecognizeble even for a native speaker. :D I don`t have a problem when some Korean actors are not so good at speaking a foreign language (it`s funny, they pretend to speak a foreign language and we pretend to understand) but I wonder sometimes why they don`t better dubbed that part with someone else`s voice.

Seung Mo was funny. He concluded that Bella knows English just because she said one word (yeah... he knew she lived in Australia). :D

100510974.4.jpg

Most of the cooking process is done directly without band. As a hobby for a long time, I have established the basics, but I have to focus on cooking practice right after casting because I need to show my professionalism. At the shooting site, we also receive instant guidance from the current chef. Eric said at a related production presentation recently, "I am trying to supplement the details with advice."

http://www.donga.com/news/article/all/20200405/100510422/5

He looks like a chef.

• Like 3

On 4/5/2020 at 3:11 AM, shiqin3381 said:

Did Eric's parent buy the house from Bella's Grandpa or they used to work for him? She found the wine room easily as she used to hide there when she was young?

I think Eric's parents bought the house from Bella's grandpa.  Cuz not only the back storage room looks the same, but the front shot when Bella & Madame Jang left the house is really Seung-mo's house now.  I'm so curious if his parents & her grandparents might know each other....

EU36v-vXkAUyOvA?format=jpg&name=orig

EU365oxWoAMaCFL?format=jpg&name=orig

On 4/4/2020 at 9:56 PM, Fabbo said:

@Phi Yeah i enjoyed this weeks episodes. They went by in no time. 

About ep 4.

And wow seeing Madam Jangs past... Wow that what was pretty terrible, especially regarding the child. Well good for me. No need to root for her anymore and be frustrated about her stupidity (which was shown in this episode as well again). 

Of course it's sad to see how she drives Bella's brand and art into the ground but i am confident that Bella can handle herself. No need to care about Madam Jang and about what she is doing.

I was actually relief that even though the leak of Bella's mother's dating with CEO Kang came from Madame Jang, it seems like a venting moment with Director Im over her disappointment that she didn't win.  She didn't know he went to the press with it and she's obviously feel terrible for that and have been looking out for Bella. Though, I really wish she has a bit more backbone and not following with Im's plan.  She could be a beneficial to Bella & Seung-mo later to fight back against the bad guys from the inside...

On 4/5/2020 at 10:01 AM, larus said:

I concentrated to the scene to hear what language she is talking. I could not undertand one word in French. Maybe because of the accent. Maybe the native speakers understood better. I was glad that Seung Mo told me what language it was. I would have been curios about that. :D

I also like the relationship between Bella and the little girl. I don`t know what is Seol A`s  story but I can see her as street smart girl. She had a hard life. No matter if she is Seung Mo biological daughter or not, I think he wll adopt her in the end.

The way Bella taught her to read was funny. More funny was Seung Mo watching everything and wondering how she will teach her the R letter. :D

I think Madame Jang was letting Im Cheol Yong misunderstand that it was an affair between Bella`s mother and Kang Min Seok and later could not take it back.

Next, Seung Mo will save Bella from fire! Go! Go! Go!

hahah that little amusing spark on Seung-mo's face when Bella goes to "R"... he knew it's a hard one... How is the letter R in Korean looks like? :) 

I agree with your take on Madame Jang. It wasn't intentionally malicious.

On 4/5/2020 at 2:43 PM, Polka Dot said:

I don't speak French but since English & French are official langues in my city, I can tell if someone speaks French (the Canadian French that is :lol:).  I could not tell until Seung-mo said so hah.  Actually, I guessed German because Eric mentioned that Won Hee studied hard for her German lines...

On 4/5/2020 at 10:34 PM, larus said:

I suspected that it was unrecognizeble even for a native speaker. :DI don`t have a problem when some Korean actors are not so good at speaking a foreign language (it`s funny, they pretend to speak a foreign language and we pretend to understand) but I wonder sometimes why they don`t better dubbed that part with someone else`s voice.

Seung Mo was funny. He concluded that Bella knows English just because she said one word (yeah... he knew she lived in Australia). :D

It's the same for me, except when their characters supposed to be very fluent in that language or born/grown up in that country for a long time, then it's a bit of an aiggoo moment when they can not speak the language at such level of fluency or with minimal accent :)

On 4/5/2020 at 10:34 PM, larus said:

And Bella was able to tell the Australian cops that he was some bad guy and got arrested... She must know English by the rule of deducing  ahahaha

• Like 3

[ENG SUB]  200327 ERIC'am by TOP Media: Eric at Yoobyeolna! Chef Moon press conference

I really like the Q&A, short and to the point. Kinda wish the MC did this too with the whole cast.

Eric's answers are honest and humble. I love the part when he said about the similarities & differences between Eric and Seung-mo

When Choi Do Hoon PD said "romance is in his every day life" Won Hee was nodding to it :)

and when PD Choi said "He's a romantic guy", Eric flailing with laughter lol

Q. Yoobyeolna Chef Moon's viewing point is?

A: Seol-ha

hah he was right, everyone loves Seol-ha :lol:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Phi said:

I don’t speak French but since English & French are official langues in my city, I can tell if someone speaks French (the Canadian French that is :lol:).  I could not tell until Seung-mo said so hah.  Actually, I guessed German because Eric mentioned that Won Hee studied hard for her German lines...

Canadian French and French from France (the one you hear on French tv news/used by government officials) sounds very different indeed from Canadian French. It sounds less round and shorter. Lol, I thought too bella’s French accent sounded kinda German/Dutch :D

Edited by Pink Lady
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Pink Lady said:

Canadian French and French from France (the one you hear on French tv news/used by government officials) sounds very different indeed from Canadian French. It sounds less round and shorter. Lol, I thought too bella’s French accent sounded kinda German/Dutch :D

heheh I should correct myself.  It's Quebecor French cuz many Canadian do speak French French well :) .  I don't have TV news from France but I've heard from watching French movies & series.... It sounds lighter/softer and smoother to me.  I've heard many times that visitors from France could not understand Quebecor French sometimes :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Phi said:

I was actually relief that even though the leak of Bella's mother's dating with CEO Kang came from Madame Jang, it seems like a venting moment with Director Im over her disappointment that she didn't win.  She didn't know he went to the press with it and she's obviously feel terrible for that and have been looking out for Bella. Though, I really wish she has a bit more backbone and not following with Im's plan.  She could be a beneficial to Bella & Seung-mo later to fight back against the bad guys from the inside...

I also got the impression that she might have had feelings for CEO Kang and was jealous?

She committed a massive breach of trust that ultimately lead to the death of Bella's parents. And then she goes to her grandfather and acts like she is the one who knows what's best for her, the only one who cares for her etc. I got chills.

And i assume that it wasn't just an accident but Director Im actually ordered to kill them. With how the truck driver was missing etc.

And in the present timeline she doesn't even have people search for Bella. She must know what Director Im is capable of. At the latest when she sees the designer studio.. In the end she was more worried about the truth getting out and what Bella and other people would think of her.

• Like 2

I don't think Ms. Jang meant to hurt Bella's mom on purpose. I think she was upset that Bella's mom got recognition, she was drunk and said some stupid things. I think she really tried to make it up to Bella after that.

I think it was all just sad circumstances and some bad choices.

Anyone else getting makjang vibes from this drama btw? :D Now we can add kidnapping and arson to the list of things we've experienced in the first 4 episodes (on top of amnesia, secret daughter, evil corporation, murder, stealing, obsession etc).

What else are we missing to make the list complete? :D

Birth secret? The two leads knew each other as children already? Revenge? Fatal illness?

• Like 1

@Phi lol yeah, it’s true that Quebec French is sometimes hard to understand... like, when I hear Céline Dion speaking on French tv, I need a translator for 1/3 of what she said... and her Quebec French accent is not that thick lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fabbo said:

I also got the impression that she might have had feelings for CEO Kang and was jealous?

She committed a massive breach of trust that ultimately lead to the death of Bella's parents. And then she goes to her grandfather and acts like she is the one who knows what's best for her, the only one who cares for her etc. I got chills.

And i assume that it wasn't just an accident but Director Im actually ordered to kill them. With how the truck driver was missing etc.

And in the present timeline she doesn't even have people search for Bella. She must know what Director Im is capable of. At the latest when she sees the designer studio.. In the end she was more worried about the truth getting out and what Bella and other people would think of her.

I could be wrong but I don't get the vibe that she has feelings for CEO Kang.  Probably some jealousy with Bella's mom for winning the competition which is a little strange cuz Madame Jang herself encouraged Bella's mom to participate.  May be with expectation that she would win instead of Bella's mom.

I think in EP4, she did go to Seung-mo's home to look for Bella because that was her grandparents' home that she got from the lawyer. I was so hopping she brought a photo with her and showed it to him instead just asking if Yoo Yoon-jin came by or not.  Of course he had no idea it's Bella's real name.  And it's only 4 episodes in, too early to get there :lol:

Though I so wonder what Madame Jang's rationale for going along with Director Im's daughter impersonate Bella.  Does she not expect Bella to comeback?  I don't recall Im told her Bella is "dead".  What would she do when Bella is back?

Despite her mistake, I feel Madame Jang is redeemable, unlike Director Im.  And I feel his daughter might head down that nonredeemable road the longer she stays in the "being Bella" lane.  Fame and feeling inferior to Bella will do bad to her

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Anyone else getting makjang vibes from this drama btw? :D Now we can add kidnapping and arson to the list of things we've experienced in the first 4 episodes (on top of amnesia, secret daughter, evil corporation, murder, stealing, obsession etc).

What else are we missing to make the list complete? :D

Birth secret? The two leads knew each other as children already? Revenge? Fatal illness?

May be I watch too much of Spanish soaps series that I don't mind the makjang :)  It's actually interesting sometimes.  Temptation of Wife, Baker King Kim Tak-gu, Temptation of Angel are some of the makjang series I enjoyed. :)  

I'm a bit confused with what makes makjang... I thought things like birth switching, plastic surgery to completely change one's face, fatal illness, revenge, incest, adultery... are makjang.  Bad corp, stealing, even murder could be realistic sometimes depends on the genres.  I hope someone can enlighten me since it's been a while I get back to kdramas again :)

For Chef Moon,  I think it's highly possible SeungBella might know each other since childhood consider his parents bought the house from her grandpa. Revenge, or right their wrongs will happen when Bella and Seung-mo realize all these bad things happened to them was because of Director Im and his daughter.