[Drama 2020] Yoobyeolna! Chef Moon, 유별나! 문셰프

larus

Unfortunately i found the episode pretty dull. There were only a few good moments in the whole episode. The preview for tomorrow doesn't look that promising either. The marketplace owners/villagers vs gentrification/major construction projects is one of the worst kdrama tropes of the last 1-2 years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Fabbo said:

Unfortunately i found the episode pretty dull. There were only a few good moments in the whole episode. The preview for tomorrow doesn't look that promising either. The marketplace owners/villagers vs gentrification/major construction projects is one of the worst kdrama tropes of the last 1-2 years.

I know that they linked Bella and Seung Mo to Donghan but I don`t really care for the conflict with Donghan or the villain.  I could watch how Bella and Seung Mo are falling in love, the villagers` story. It could  have been a little conflict when Bella`s memory will return and she has to go back to her life but I guess they had to fill 16 episodes with other conflicts.

Well, I am watching for romance, the food, the little comedy and Seol A. I will see how things will develop.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It was a fun scene when SM and Bella cooked.

Chef Moon was focused and calm and Bella watched with admiration.

I liked some of the little things, when Bella wanted to take that slice of meat

and SM hit a little on her fingers.

But she managed to get that piece of meat and he pretended not see it.

They both enjoyed it.

• Like 2

I can shut my brain off and just enjoy this drama for the most part. I do find it really odd that the child randomly appears as if the stork just dropped her off a little late. After the first episode no one seems concerned about it. They just accept that she will live with them. We have no backstory or clues....No one asked her about her past, no DNA test, or so far the police don't seem to be involved. It's kinda weird. She's not a stray cat. 

• Like 2

Love reading all your thoughts.  Will be back to share mine after watching EP6 :)

200410 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Update:

Chef Moon in Seoha Village

Bella-ssi!! Seung-mo is leaping into the fire
Tonight at 10: 50pm on Channle A <Yoobyeolna! Chef Moon> Watch it live

Source: Official Eric (1, 2)
Translation: eric_mun leader for
EricMun.tumblr

200411 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Update:

1st Photo from Twitter:

Cold filming day with a warm canned coffee

Would it be okay to have an alternative?
Seoha Village in danger of disappearing! What is Sung-mo’s alternative?!

EricMun.tumblr

Instagram Update:

What was Eric doing during break? (Actually, he was reading the script)

Would it be okay to have an alternative?
Seoha Village in danger of disappearing! What is Sung-mo’s alternative?!
Tonight 10: 50pm on Channle A <Yoobyeolna! Chef Moon> Watch it live

71c86588a6b02b7d5c01d853bfec94b81aff23b5

EricMun.tumb

• Like 2

This is so funny!  MOON SEUNG MO GOT HIMSELF AN IG ACCOUNT TO FIGHT THE BAD GUYS AND PROTECT SEOHA VILLAGE!!

PD Choi follow it so I'm guessing it's made for production purpose. Will  we see this in the drama later?  If anyone watch Discovery of Love, they used a fan-parody account for Kang Tae Hae when Jung Yumi was looking up on SNS to find him lol

https://www.instagram.com/moonseungmo/

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I like episode 6. I even laughed most of the episode.

The ellection of Seoha`s spokesperson or whatever it was was funny. I agree with the vote. Chef Moon was the best person for this job. I bet he was the one who vote for Pi Gon Sook.

The fight in the bathsouse.... and Seung Mo in the middle. :D Da-Hoon wanted to do a CPR and got slapped.

The chefs are recognizing that Chef Moon is very good.

Let see how the new restaurant will be organized.

I forgot to mentioned something from episode 5. I just realised that in Korea, wearing a flower in hair or behind the ear means one being a crazy person. I just connected the dots with another scenes, from a drama, when the protagonist put a flower in the heroine`s hair and joked that she looked like a crazy person.  I did not know the meaning in Korea that until I saw the scene from the hospital in ep 5.

I like when women are wearing a flower in the hair. Sometimes I put a flower behind my ear when I am in nature/field. If I will go to South Korea someday (if ever) I will not forget the meaning. :lol:

I liked how Bella kept the flower Seumg Mo gave her in the hospital. It was a romantic gesture for her.  And Seum Mo take care of Seol Ah and Bella to not be cold at night. Love is in the air.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ep 5 and 6 were a bit messy plot-wise in my opinion. :( I can't recall who said on this thread that A channel tends to throw too many elements into the plot? I kind of agree...

I hope that the next episode has less of the bad guys and more of sweet warm moments. The preview looks promising.

• I feel really sorry for Hyuna - she's so fragile mentally and she's struggling with the situation she's in. I think she will be someone who will stand up against her father in the end, as soon as she gains enough courage.
  • Kang Jun Su really seems to be one of the good guys. Little Seol-a fell in love with him in the hospital. lol :D
  • I am more and more convinced Bella is the daughter of the dead CEO of Donghan. It would make sense story wise. That would mean that she would get a brother (Jun Su) and possibly a step sister (Hyuna) as well. It seems all three are essentially at heart good people. Coincidence? I think not ;)
  • The police lady with the glasses is very sharp! I hope she is promoted to a detective by the end of the show.

Question to the people who know more about the Korean language:

It baffles me a little bit that Seol-a calls Seung Mo the formal "abeoji" instead of "appa", whereas Hyuna (who is already an adult) calls her father "appa". Usually I would expect this to be the other way around.

Any thoughts about the reason behind this? Do they do this to show that the relationship between Seol-a and SM is not close yet?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Question to the people who know more about the Korean language:

It baffles me a little bit that Seol-a calls Seung Mo the formal "abeoji" instead of "appa", whereas Hyuna (who is already an adult) calls her father "appa". Usually I would expect this to be the other way around.

Any thoughts about the reason behind this? Do they do this to show that the relationship between Seol-a and SM is not close yet?

I don`t Korean language at all but I will try an explanation. Like we all saw, Seol ah knows how to speak formally with the older people. She always have been praised by older people from the village because she is very polite in contrast with Bella who doesn`t use formal speaking. Seol Ah uses that to her advantage  and attempts to please the villagers. Plus, she and Seung Mo are not that close yet. Seol Ah is not even adopted or registered as the daugher. She just live there pretending that Seung Mo is her father. Maybe she believes that he is really her father but she saw that Seung mo doesn`t really wants her. I believe that changed but he said out loud in the past that he doesn`t believe he is the father and doesn`t want her there. JMO.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Quick interrupt. I am just starting episode 1 and it was so slow so came to check spoilers.

It depends. How does SM talk to Seol Ah? There are no interactions in episode 1 for me to see. If SM addresses himself to SA as " Appa" she would have called him that. I go from abeo-nim to abeoji to appa in that order. You can't based on subs you have to see how the 2 talk to each other. Since SM would have set the standard when one sees how he calls himself since an adult doesn't usually say " na " to a kid. Hope it helps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EP5 & 6 are a little less bickering hence less laughter while they hatch out the other plots. My most favorite part is that these 2 episodes bring Bella & Seungmo closer after the fire.  There are many sweet moments between the 2 of them and the trio is looking more like a happy family now.  I also notice that starting from EP5, Seung-mo doesn't correct Seol-ah for calling him abeoji and more!  :blush:

The flower and hospital scene was hilarious yet heart fluttering too when he took a leap closer to put the flower on her hair (and of course they will do all that in slow-mo hah!) I forgot to breath for a moment :P

On 4/9/2020 at 8:26 PM, rukizie said:

@Phi you know why i found the new still is funny because in Korean, people who put flower in hair like that remind them of crazy person LOLS :joy:

but i bet they will do this because this drama is hilarious :phew:

When I saw that part of hair on the flower = crazy person to fool reporters, I thought of @rukizie's comment on the preview pic of the flower pic hahaha

Well play, Seungmo! :lol:

I do think Kang Min-seok's daughter out of wedlock is Bella... but that means he & Bella's mom dated before he got married with Donghan group's daughter? cuz idk if they mentioned their ages, but I feel like Bella is older than the young Kang CEO.

The retired police guy turned private security boss, he seems good to Hyun-a when he suggested her a sleep therapist when she's completely wrecked with lack of sleep.  He did take a recording of her sleep talking about killing Bella as an accident... so I don't know really know if he really has some empathy for her or just using her... I feel so sorry for Hyun-a having bad people around her... from a dad who teaches her taking what you want from others and nothing is wrong with that. To Madame Jang, who said she could never be Bella, and copying is a talent itself.  How I hope some one can be an angel and be a good force for Hyun-a, le sigh

Just like Seung-mo telling Bella, everything is ok after she's saved from the fire to this "If they come back, I'll just save you again".  It might be a little cliche but I love it because we do need such reassurance sometimes when things are hard to keep going again.

btw, I was hoping Chef Moon made porridge for Bella when she was hospitalized... Would that jog her memory at all? :)

Sorry for shamelessly posting my IG posts :sweat_smile:

This got me laugh so hard :D

I love the preview for EP7.  Chef Moon's restaurant with Bella's help for interior design... She hasn't lose her touch :)

Though I remember reading in very early articles that Seungmo's fine restaurant didn't get any customer, not even ants lol. I thought it meant those fine pop-up restaurants he had before moving to Seoha Village... But now I'm curious if it is about his upcoming restaurant. Maybe it's too high-class for the rural village?  Can't wait for the next one :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@larus Thanks for your view on the "appa" vs "abeoji" issue. It is pretty much in line with my thoughts on the matter. :)

@Phi Like you I also have the impression Bella is older than Jun Ho. That would make it possible that Bella was conceived before the ex CEO got married to Jun Ho's mom.

I didn't know that there was an article stating that Seung Mo's restaurants had a hard time getting customers. I think they might be talking about this upcoming restaurant they are now setting up. Like you said, I think it's too high-class for the rural village, but also probably quite a way out for people from the city to come and visit?

We'll see what happens! I am sure that they will solve it somehow :)

• Like 2

LOLOL What bruised face Eric but all smilie vs Song Youngjae's :lol:

200413 Shinhwa’s Eric Spotted on Actor Song Young Jae‘s IG Update

#EccentricChefMoon #BongduGrandpa #SongYoungjae #Eric #Actors
A very interesting drama …

Moon Chef is so bright… Why I am…?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Source: jae7599songyoungjae
Translation: eric_munleader for EricMun.tumblr

They had a filming at dawn on the beach this morning

200413 Shinhwa’s Eric’s Stylish Kim Gayounng Update + Throwback Another Miss Oh’s Photos

The first 3 photos are from the stylist:

With Eric oppa^^
#2020 #4YearsAfter #2016 #4YearsAgo
#EccentricChefMoon #AnotherMissOh
It’s been 10 years since we’ve worked together
#TimeFlies

Exact same pose 4 years after the photo for Another Miss Oh. Chef Moon had a filming early this morning for a sunrise scene at Ayajin Beach in Goseong-gun

fd12a3c6ce38a20b95d636d4eb9ce27d01a385fb

47dc377a3b819b9dfe96d87b3db589059f4fc080

Spoiler

ab0b7db0917620de8ccc161eac132a013e7ef317

Source: kky86912
Translation: eric_munleader for EricMun.tumblr

These are throwback from Another Miss Oh, same location as the pic with the stylist 4 years ago. Now they did the exact same posed on Chef Moon set 4 years later.  How playful!!! :)

Spoiler

47dc377a3b819b9dfe96d87b3db589059f4fc080

d6e5f018f9d15af4073a564e7603234c3f885675

19550ebbf6bdf0cb1a68d9bfe4c6aa1684bb47f3

0fe0f4c6342ccd80d21a0e9902a2b0e2394123bd

419f2c9ef55e230bbcbd8484096043dce85179ac

8ac6453ac766eb180b0ec2fa76e439b6a9bdfbbf

d2de5387a06d346f4d52a7b874c4622498cd816f

9121cd2b955c6b563667f18b0d98eade516934b5

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

It depends. How does SM talk to Seol Ah? There are no interactions in episode 1 for me to see. If SM addresses himself to SA as " Appa" she would have called him that. I go from abeo-nim to abeoji to appa in that order. You can't based on subs you have to see how the 2 talk to each other.

Seung Mo doesn`t really consider Seol Ah his daughter. He doesn`t believe that she is his daughter but accepted to keep her with him for now. If abeo-nim is the very polite form and Seol A is calling him abeoji I think it shows that Seol A is adressing him well, respectfully enough.

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Like you I also have the impression Bella is older than Jun Ho. That would make it possible that Bella was conceived before the ex CEO got married to Jun Ho's mom.

Bella`s mother and Kang Min Seok knew each other before and maybe they were in a relationship before he was married. When Madam Jang said to Bella`s mother to aply for the designer contest, she said that she worries that Min Seok was there and he doesn`t know about Yun jin. Later, Madam Jung said to Im Cheol Yang that Kang Min Seok knows about her daughter and he feels really bad for her. Madam Jang was not very clear what she wanted to say about their relationship and Im Cheol Yang jumped to conclusion. 

From little I saw, I think Kang Min Seok liked Bella`s mother. Sure, they were not in that moment in a love affair like it was implied.

It is possible that Bella was Kang Min seok`s daughter or it is still possible that she was not.

Why Hyo Myung did not tell Min seok about her daughter before? Why they separated? Before she was a designer, she was a top model. In soap opera fashion, we could have another surprise story. I even think the chairman Han Dong gil could be involved in the story somehow. We`ll see.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 5:58 AM, partyon said:

@Phi I didn't know that there was an article stating that Seung Mo's restaurants had a hard time getting customers. I think they might be talking about this upcoming restaurant they are now setting up. Like you said, I think it's too high-class for the rural village, but also probably quite a way out for people from the city to come and visit?

We'll see what happens! I am sure that they will solve it somehow :)

If nothing change from the very original synopsis, it sounds like the new restaurant won't be doing well XD  I could only think the menu is either too high-class than the traditional comfort food... I guess Seungmo name is not enough to attract out of town people with deep pocket to come all the way to rural Seoha.  In the preview, the interior designs and the little sample has that village charm than the modern theme. 

742c229fdd5e5675421787eef720b5e1df716dae

I hope they could salvage the board from the his parents' restaurant and give it a place at his new one. It would be nice! :)

I can't with this gif hahahaha

On 4/13/2020 at 8:21 AM, larus said:

Bella`s mother and Kang Min Seok knew each other before and maybe they were in a relationship before he was married. When Madam Jang said to Bella`s mother to aply for the designer contest, she said that she worries that Min Seok was there and he doesn`t know about Yun jin. Later, Madam Jung said to Im Cheol Yang that Kang Min Seok knows about her daughter and he feels really bad for her. Madam Jang was not very clear what she wanted to say about their relationship and Im Cheol Yang jumped to conclusion. 

From little I saw, I think Kang Min Seok liked Bella`s mother. Sure, they were not in that moment in a love affair like it was implied.

It is possible that Bella was Kang Min seok`s daughter or it is still possible that she was not.

Why Hyo Myung did not tell Min seok about her daughter before? Why they separated? Before she was a designer, she was a top model. In soap opera fashion, we could have another surprise story. I even think the chairman Han Dong gil could be involved in the story somehow. We`ll see.

You're so good with the details.  Now I need to rewatch EP1 and 2 for those convos from Madame Jang and Bella's mother and Director Im

It is possible Bella isn't  the late CEO Kang's daughter. That came up from a bunch of gossiping ladies so it could be all bad rumors. We shall see.  I also feel Chairman Han might be involved in past events and he knows that Director Im is also up to no good to trust him with his company (aside from not being his blood line). I don't understand why Director Im keeps going after the village...purely business or some sort of revenge or skimming for his power grab with young Kang CEO

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phi said:

If nothing change from the very original synopsis, it sounds like the new restaurant won't be doing well XD  I could only think the menu is either too high-class than the traditional comfort food... I guess Seungmo name is not enough to attract out of town people with deep pocket to come all the way to rural Seoha.  In the preview, the interior designs and the little sample has that village charm than the modern theme.

It is realistic this way. Of course, it is not enough to open a restaurant for people to visit a village. They have to offer something else as well. Historical itinerary, traditions, beautiful scenery. It takes time and money to promote everything. But they are trying.

• Like 2

I don't want to be the one spoiling the fun but i finally catched up with episode 6 and it was just such a drag for me... Maybe even worse than the episode before. There isn't anything that jumps out as "oh this is so bad" i just didn't care about most of it. 

Frankly i am not quite sure if the pd and writer know what they want to do. Just have a little bit of everything and then add even more random stuff because we didn't already have enough of that.

Objectively i should really drop this drama.. 

But i still want to see Bella succeed again and somehow balance that with her new found happiness. (The portrayal of the eating disorder is pretty terrible but that was to be expected) And of course i want to see the romance unfold. And the preview with them trying to open the restaurant looked more promising. I always cling to the hope that next episode might be better.

I didn't know a lot about the drama beforehand but i don't know.. I feel like i didn't sign up for this.

Wasn't this supposed to be fun and playful? Bella is described as this 'troublemaker'. It's even in the title. We got a little of that in the beginning i guess. My concern going in was actually that she might come off as annoying to many people. For example i love the FL in Marriage, Not dating but many find her too annoying.

And the other part of the drama title.. 'Chef Moon' ... Wait.. is this drama about cooking and food? Because i didn't realize after watching the first third of the drama..

Maybe that changes now in the coming episodes. Oh well..