[Drama 2020] Yoobyeolna! Chef Moon, 유별나! 문셰프

larus

The second episode was fun! :)

That managing director of Donghan International is really creepy. I mean REALLY creepy....!

How much do you want to bet that he is behind the accident that killed Bella's mom and his wife's ex-husband? It was implied that Bella's mom and the ex-husband were having an affair, but I think that is just a red herring.

He probably wanted to make a move on the wife, so that he could become the leader of Donghan. And now he has to deal with the wife's son, Jun Su, trying to steal the company away from him.

And what is that about making his daughter Hyuna into Bella?

What a psychopath!

At least his daughter Hyuna seems to have some moral compass, but she isn't a very stable person either....

I really liked Go Won Hee in Eulachaha Waikiki, and I think she has a great sense of comedy. It seems that she will be able to show her comedic talents in ep 3, when her eccentricity starts coming out. :D

My only concern is how Seung Mo treats Seol-a. Chef Moon is really mean to her. How can he be so certain that she isn't his daughter? He hasn't asked once who her mother is, and neither has he done a DNA test. Thank goodness for the best friend and (now) Bella showing compassion and warmth towards her.

Seol-a has a very good sense of smell and seems to enjoy different tastes a lot. These are important qualities of a chef, which could imply that she truly is Seung Mo's daughter.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, jongski said:

I'm not into rom-com and I usually don't watch the genre, but I like Eric. I'm not familiar with him but watch On Hae Young and I enjoyed the drama  (was LOL so much).

I am watching for the food.:)  I saw the leads in one drama each. Eric in Discovery of Love and Go Won Hee in Parfume. I like them. I am not into romcom either but from time to time I watch some. I need it to balance my mind from watching other stressful episodes from other dramas. I wish there won`t be a turmoil with the corporation stuff but that`s it. They want to make it  suspenseful for viewers. I don`t want suspence. 

2 hours ago, partyon said:

That managing director of Donghan International is really creepy. I mean REALLY creepy....!

How much do you want to bet that he is behind the accident that killed Bella's mom and his wife's ex-husband? It was implied that Bella's mom and the ex-husband were having an affair, but I think that is just a red herring.

Yeah... he is really creepy. His daughter is not mentally stable but he is more crazy if you asked me. He is evil.

I don`t understood very well the past situation but what I get is that  he married  Han Mi-Young after her husband died in the accident with Bella`s mom.  He divorced his first wife (Hyun-A`s mother) to marry the rich woman? I don`t want to think about why Hyun A became this way. What happened with her mother?

Now, Im Cheol-Yong wants to take his hand on the company but it seems that Kang Joon Soo (his step son) is doing really well.

I suspect that he was behind the rumor about Yoo Hyo-Myung (Bella`s mom) and Kang Min-Seok (Joon Soo`s father)`s affair rumor, he is behind the problems with the restaurant of Seung-Mo`s parents (included the fire).

3 hours ago, partyon said:

My only concern is how Seung Mo treats Seol-a. Chef Moon is really mean to her. How can he be so certain that she isn't his daughter? He hasn't asked once who her mother is, and neither has he done a DNA test. Thank goodness for the best friend and (now) Bella showing compassion and warmth towards her.

He is treated everyone a little harsh but that`s the story with him. He will soften towards them as he will stay in their vicinity. It is about a growing up prosess for him as a character. He is a little self centered and spoiled. He will learn to have new responsabilities as he will take care of others. It doesn`t matter if Seol A is his daughter or not. If  she is an orphan I believe he will adopt her in the end. But maybe she is really his daughter. I hope they will become a family along with Bella. :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 3/28/2020 at 10:05 AM, larus said:

I just watched the first episode. I liked it.

Bella (I will call her that because it is easier for me) suffered a trauma so that`s why she doesn`t like to be on the spotlight. We`ll discover later what happened with her mother. I wonder if it is something related with Im Cheol-Yong. That man is scary. His right hand implied  that he did many bad things form him. We`ll see.

I wonder if Bella doesn't want to show her face because the camera flashes that brought back bad memory when her mom and that CEO got chased by reporters for her win by favoritism because they were "dating".  Or it's because she's worried if people would find out who her mom is and her career would get ruined?... It's possible that Madame Jang ask her to do that if this is the case.

9 hours ago, partyon said:

I do think Manager Im is behind the arson at Seung-mo's parent too... because his number 2 guy brought up the Poongk Seoung restaurant. At first I wasn't sure why his parents had anything to do with Manager Im but then it must have something to do with the Moons' 200-year-old secret recipe for the sauce.  Dongha Group is in the food business anyway.

THE GATE OF ALL EVILS!

EUPzcaEXsAALLwx?format=jpg&name=orig

9 hours ago, partyon said:

Seol-a has a very good sense of smell and seems to enjoy different tastes a lot. These are important qualities of a chef, which could imply that she truly is Seung Mo's daughter.

I think it's a combination of grieving the passing of his parents + being thrown at the responsibility as some one's dad (while he's still single) all of a sudden + providing for 2 other house guests....  I'm sure he'll warm up to her as the drama progress because we already saw the subtle signs.  :)   Your take on Seol-a's great sense of smell & Seung-mo's profession is a good one!!!  :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Haven't got to watch EP.2 but I feel they are cramping a bit too much in EP.1 for characters' introductions and unfold all potential plot points.  Still it's funny and interesting because I want to find out more of what to come.

Side note, that rabbit autograph right above the little girl, I wonder if it's Moon Seung-mo doing an autograph for his ma & pa's restaurant or Moon Jung Hyuk did  (cuz that's Eric's real autograph LOL  :lol:

I'll pin this every time I make a wish... be careful what you ask for :lol:

EUR8rXaXQAECnjW?format=jpg&name=orig

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Dynamic episodes and music. I like it.

In that suitcase scene SM first asked Bella if she was okay. Nice.

I also liked how SM immediately protected Seol-a when they spotted Bella.

It was a really fun scene.

Bella and Seol-a are alike. They are a fun team.

Its looks like Chef Moon has already got his new family.

• Like 2

Behind the scene photos for the teaser filming

Gorgeous photos!

1.jpg&key=e0990a3f244df4e52e566de44368c5

13.jpg&key=b1e0b039b75ce635310c0afb110e9

The rest of the pics

Spoiler

8.jpg&key=0374f4be02f66d23f5c7c85cb2d07b

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

• rep_legend.png.ac3a2ca01d8445c27a2c0d45d

THE PHOTOS ARE REALLY GORGEOUS!!!  :wub::wub:

200327 TOP Media Update

[Eric POST] Behind The Scene of 'Yoobyeolna! Chef Moon" Teaser Filming!

(PART 3 - End)

20.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

Source: TOP Media

See all 34 photos in original size here >>> https://post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=27845291&memberNo=22111245

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phi said:

I wonder if Bella doesn't want to show her face because the camera flashes that brought back bad memory when her mom and that CEO got chased by reporters for her win by favoritism because they were "dating".  Or it's because she's worried if people would find out who her mom is and her career would get ruined?... It's possible that Madame Jang ask her to do that if this is the case.

I think it is the first reason. It was shown that she has a problem with flashes and she doesn`t want to be in the center of attention.

I think she associates the flashes with her mother's death. And her food disorder is connected with the old trauma. The moment she had amnesia,  her appetite changed. Yeah, she liked the food cooked by Seung Mo from the beginning but now her appetite is radical changed. 

I wonder how Bella and Kang Joon Soo will met. Both their parents died in that accident. His company is related to food. Seung Mo is a chef. Maybe Chef Moon will come back to seul and bromng Bella and the kid with him.

• Like 3

On 3/29/2020 at 12:59 PM, larus said:

I think it is the first reason. It was shown that she has a problem with flashes and she doesn`t want to be in the center of attention.

I think she associates the flashes with her mother's death. And her food disorder is connected with the old trauma. The moment she had amnesia,  her appetite changed. Yeah, she liked the food cooked by Seung Mo from the beginning but now her appetite is radical changed. 

I wonder how Bella and Kang Joon Soo will met. Both their parents died in that accident. His company is related to food. Seung Mo is a chef. Maybe Chef Moon will come back to seul and bromng Bella and the kid with him.

I think it's the first reason too now that I've seen EP.2.  After Yoo Bella lost her memory, her appetite really increases by 10 folds lol  She's always hungry and looking for food.  I think when Seung-mo gets to make porridge one day, it probably jogs back her memory of how they met in Australia.

EUUy0AuWoAAb60b?format=jpg&name=900x900

I thought Bella gets to go to Seoul with SM but he turned back to town... I laughed so hard when she popped up in the backseat the moment SM mentioned her name lol.  She is smarter than SM's friend, went and hid in the back seat so she could go to Seoul hahaha

On 3/29/2020 at 4:11 PM, rocher22 said:

These ahjummas made me laugh...

Poor SM, didnt know what to answer...:D

You meant when they asked if Bella is the little girl's mom? and who she was? hahaha

• Like 4

I just started the second episode.. About 20 minutes in.. Need to let off some steam.

The village people are so obnoxious and unlikable. I can't believe i was looking forward to the countryside setting after i watched the first episode. It's almost unbearable. Maybe ask the child where she is going when she runs into the mountain alone at dawn. Maybe do some first aid, give her water etc when you have a wounded person. All the ohh she is so scary because of her fur and ohh she is so pretty was so stupid and annoying. 

And the constant shouting... From Eric as well towards his friend and the child. And i hate the mystery surrounding the child. Just make her her daughter, make it clear and be done with it. And the friend is all about oh you have to take her in bla bla.

But she could be anyone's daughter? Is he kidnapping her at the moment? I feel like that might be something you wanna know first. Just let him be the father, let them take a test and done. But of course our ML can't be the biological father because that might not be the best look for him. Sigh. 

They want to make it this moral predicament of ohh does he taker her in. No it's just dumb.

• Like 1

OK I finished watching EP2.  I like the pacing in this episode more since it progresses calmer after they got all of the characters' intro & setting up plot points out of the way in EP.1

Seung-mo seems harsh toward Seol-ah but he really put himself out there for her when she's in danger. When the little girl left to the mountains side, the minute he heard the other villager said they were trying to catch wild boars and bears in the mountain, he took off like a flash to find her without concern for his own safety.

EUTBJyOWsAAmFHb?format=jpg&name=orig

The other times when Bella grabbed Seol-ah's hand when she woke up, he's also the one looking out for Seol-ah and told Bella to let go of SA's hand

EUUScomWoAYgnSy?format=jpg&name=medium

CEO Im is truly evil.  Some people might do some bad deed once or twice in their life but redeemable.  This guy doesn't stop at anything at all to further his career. He'll use Bella's graduation piece to introduce his daughter as Bella.  I'm on the fence with the daughter because not only she stole Bella's graduation piece but also copied it for her designs. 

Kang Joong Soo looks too young for a CEO hah but he seems to be a good guy and wants to run Dong Han ethically. This will spark more fireworks with CEO Im who wants to run for the chairman position.  I'm curious of his current wife. She seems to know Im is with her for power.  If it comes down to the wire, she for sure will back her son instead of Im.

There were lot of funny moments. 

• Bella's first night at SM's and he spared her his clothes (minus undies) lol
  • The whole household was in a happy mood for a housecleaning spree for $10 each.  It was as if SM were the parents giving allowances to the kids for doing chores lol
  • The women of the village loved dressing Bella up and gave her a new pair of pants. This line makes me laugh so hard hahaha

EUUjI8RXgAEOSCs?format=jpg&name=orig

And this was Bella in Seung-mo's sweat pants LOL

EUUkK2EXkAEMGd9?format=jpg&name=orig

Seung-mo found the court letter to his parents that they lost the appeal against Dong Han International and had to pay all the costs.  I think he was heading to Seoul the next day to inquire / resolve this matter. I was so hopping Bella got to tag along with him and may be it jogs her memory a bit but he turned around and brought her back to the village.  I really wonder if that bad guy who went to look for Bella recognized her at all when she stepped out of SM's car... EP3 comes soon!!!

• Like 1

To continue my earlier post.. All of those questions wouldn't matter to me if i wasn't so annoyed watching the episode. I was kinda glad we got to the makjang plot because that meant to get away from the obnoxious village people. Well the few scenes in their house were fun.

So it seems like the young CEO isn't one of the bad guys. That is a nice surprise. Maybe he is even going to team up with Bella at some point? That could be fun. 

And wow the manager and father of the designer girl is quite a psycho. The way he handled the accident was already enough to mess up his child even further.. But now his pressure to become Bella... I saw it coming that she would try to impersonate her but i thought it would be by her choice blinded by ambition and jealousy. I like it better this way. It is very easy to empathize with her and we only saw glimpses of what she must have gone through. I hope there is going to be a good ark here because that is one of the more interesting sideplots to me.

Well i hope i can enjoy this weeks episodes with a fresh mindset. Them being in Seoul away from the village people will help.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fabbo said:

So it seems like the young CEO isn't one of the bad guys. That is a nice surprise. Maybe he is even going to team up with Bella at some point? That could be fun. 

And wow the manager and father of the designer girl is quite a psycho. The way he handled the accident was already enough to mess up his child even further.. But now his pressure to become Bella... I saw it coming that she would try to impersonate her but i thought it would be by her choice blinded by ambition and jealousy. I like it better this way. It is very easy to empathize with her and we only saw glimpses of what she must have gone through. I hope there is going to be a good ark here because that is one of the more interesting sideplots to me.

Well i hope i can enjoy this weeks episodes with a fresh mindset. Them being in Seoul away from the village people will help.

I think the young CEO, Bella & Seung-mo will join force against CEO Im.  I have a feeling Im tipped off the press about Bella's mom's dating with the married guy.  Seung-mo's parents' death was also order by Im so they will sure come for him for justice.  I wonder if Im knows about Madame Jang who is the other person knowing about the real Bella's identity.  Are they going to make her not appear for sometimes or Im will blackmail or pay her to keep her silence?  I would actually don't mind a fashion showdown to prove who is the real Bella later on :)

Will see how Im's daughter will be once she became Bella.  I have a feeling she might be forced into it but later becomes enjoying her new identity and fame that comes with being Bella.  She probably not having a healthy childhood even if she probably was well provided for.  Did I miss it or they haven't said anything about her mom after the divorce?

I hope week number 3 will be more enjoyable for you.  This typical nosy bunch of villagers probably won't stop talking on & on for some times.   :joy:  I also hope they show more warming moments for Seung-mo and the little girl because we know he cares for her just that he's resenting that sudden responsibility of being her father when it's not proven yet.

Throw in another favorite.  The 2 adults were more excited than the kid with $10 allowance for housecleaning LOL

EUUttBZXkAATKi4?format=jpg&name=orig

EUUtuUaX0AISuh7?format=jpg&name=orig

EUUtvY2WsAIOXar?format=jpg&name=orig

EUUt6KwXsAUgU7p?format=jpg&name=orig

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This bright color theme is pretty!

EUepFQ6X0AEphtw?format=jpg&name=orig

43026_63085_4231.jpg

http://www.marketnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=43026

Not sure what the MC asked Eric to do there lol

Spoiler

They asked Won Hee & Eric about who plays well with the child actress?

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Shinhwa’s Eric And Go Won Hee Continue With Their Non-Stop Bickering In “Eccentric! Chef Moon”

Apr 1, 2020
by L. Kim
13af856fa36041f6b213c1e095410db3.jpeg?s=

Channel A’s “Eccentric! Chef Moon” has released new preview stills of Shinwa’s Eric and Go Won Hee locked in a tense war of nerves!

The healing romantic comedy tells the story of world-famous fashion designer Yoo Bella (Go Won Hee), who has lost her memory and has become a carefree troublemaker in the Seoha village, and celebrity chef Moon Seung Mo (Go Won Hee) as they grow, love, and succeed.

Spoilers

In the second episode, Moon Seung Mo and Yoo Bella ended up living together in the same house. Their rocky cohabitation made viewers laugh with their unusual chemistry and tension with Moon Seung Mo being a prickly landlord and Yoo Bella as a straightforward tenant.

The new stills show Moon Seung Mo and Yoo Bella glaring fiercely at each other. Moon Seung Mo seems to be raising his voice, and Yoo Bella looks bewildered at his attitude. Both their eyes are sparking with anger and annoyance. In one set of photos, Eric tastes something with his eyebrows furrowed in distaste, and Yoo Bella glares at him with an agitated expression.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1391688wpp/shinhwas-eric-and-go-won-hee-continue-with-their-non-stop-bickering-in-eccentric-chef-moon

• Like 1

3 Things We Loved & 2 Things We Hated About The Premiere Of “Eccentric! Chef Moon”

Apr 2, 2020
c69a5e625c9442559f076b0f85a932b0.jpeg?s=

Was Shinhwa’s Eric born to play the lead in Channel A’s latest drama “Eccentric! Chef Moon”? I mean, all three of those words are direct descriptions of him. His surname is Mun, he’s a great cook, and he’s extra as heck. But I digress…

In “Eccentric! Chef Moon,” Eric Mun plays Moon Seung Mo, a star chef who travels around the world setting up pop-up restaurants that promote the usage of organic, traditional Korean ingredients. Meanwhile, Bella Yoo (Go Won Hee) is a famous and mysterious fashion designer who also travels around a lot for her fashion shows. After life changing events happen to both of them, they simultaneously find themselves settling down in quaint little place called Seoha village.

Warning: Spoilers ahead! 

Loved: The aesthetics

As mentioned before, one appealing point for the drama was how pretty everything was going to be. And they definitely delivered. The first episode has all kinds of pretty — from the gorgeous scenery in Australia, to the mouth-watering shots of food prep, to the beautiful fashion pieces — everything is so very aesthetically pleasing.

morehttps://www.soompi.com/article/1391197wpp/3-things-we-loved-2-things-we-hated-about-the-premiere-of-eccentric-chef-moon

• Like 2

Shinhwa’s Eric + Go Won Hee Make Viewers’ Hearts Flutter In Upcoming Episode Of “Eccentric! Chef Moon”

Apr 3, 2020
by E. Cha
a4dbbee661d645eabd21397ebe61a7e5.jpeg?s=

Channel A’s “Eccentric! Chef Moon” has unveiled a sneak peek of a romantic moment between its two leads!

On the latest episode of the new rom-com drama, Moon Seung Mo (played by Shinhwa’s Eric) and Yoo Bella (played by Go Won Hee) began living together under one roof. Even as they bickered over the smallest things, the two characters stole viewers’ hearts with their undeniable chemistry.

It looks as though that chemistry is about to get even stronger—in newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming third episode, the relationship between Moon Seung Mo and Yoo Bella takes a romantic turn as the two housemates grow closer.

The photos capture the palpable change in the atmosphere between Moon Seung Mo and Yoo Bella as they share drinks together late at night. As the tension in the air grows, the characters stare intently at one another before ultimately leaning in for a kiss.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1392062wpp/shinhwas-eric-go-won-hee-make-viewers-hearts-flutter-in-upcoming-episode-of-eccentric-chef-moon

• Like 2

OST Part 3 "On a Spring Day" by ASTRO's MJ

and it has a whole MV for it!!!!  It's so cute...

There are some spoiler scenes if you don't mind that :lol:

91785335_660023504828025_616348440937007

91676626_1471034606401993_37745029219012

This last frame :lol:

Spoiler

91942069_514118455941767_128816942045327

• Like 1
  • LOL 1