[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Alice” Stars Kim Hee Sun, Joo Won, And More Can’t Stop Laughing Behind The Scenes

cd899752efb14cceb11f6411e9317c98.jpeg?s=

Oct 4, 2020
by E. Cha

SBS’s “Alice” has shared a new glimpse behind the scenes of filming!

The sci-fi action thriller did not air this week due to broadcast schedule changes for the Chuseok holiday, but the producers made up for it by releasing a new set of fun behind-the-scenes of the cast.

While the emotional, suspenseful plot and life-or-death stakes of “Alice” keep the characters and tone of the drama quite serious, the stars give off a totally different vibe once the cameras stop rolling. The new photos show the cast members having a blast during filming, joking around with one another and playfully posing for photos between takes.

The cast also displays a relaxed chemistry behind the scenes, with Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun looking especially comfortable around each other as they go over the script together and huddle over Joo Won’s phone during their downtime.

According to the drama’s production staff, the actors’ stellar teamwork and natural chemistry have led to a cheerful and warm atmosphere on set, which has in turn helped their acting.

Alice-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1429394wpp/alice-stars-kim-hee-sun-joo-won-and-more-cant-stop-laughing-behind-the-scenes

Joo Won Faces Down An Unknown Threat As Kim Hee Sun Has A Fateful Meeting In “Alice”

Oct 9, 2020
by C. Hong

SBS’s “Alice” has released new stills of Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun ahead of this week’s episode.

Spoilers

The last episode of “Alice” ended on a shocking note, with the scientist Suk Oh Won (Choi Won Young), who knew the truth about the time travelers and the prophecy, being kidnapped and vanishing into thin air, while Park Jin Kyeom (Joo Won) began to notice the suspicious behavior of Go Hyung Suk (Kim Sang Ho), who is like a father to him. In the end, he discovered Go Hyung Suk on the CCTV in front of the motel where Lee Se Hoon (Park In Soo) died.

Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Sun), who traveled to 2021 and returned to 2020 with that footage on a USB, is also suspicious of Go Hyung Suk. During her time travels, Yoon Tae Yi discovered that Park Jin Gyeom would die while chasing his mother’s killer, putting pressure on her to prevent his death.

joo-won-alice.jpg

With an effort, Park Jin Gyeom has put his suspicions of Go Hyung Suk aside and threw away the USB with the CCTV footage. Instead, he headed to the place where Suk Oh Won was before he vanished. However, the new stills show that he was taken by surprise there and faced with an unknown threat.

A source from the drama stated, “The October 9 episode of ‘Alice’ will show Park Jin Gyeom getting closer to the shocking truth. The viewers will also be shocked by the plot twists that unfold. Joo Won brought Park Jin Gyeom’s desperate situation to life with an unbelievable focus and energy. Please look forward to the shocking, yet emotional episode.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1430466wpp/joo-won-faces-down-an-unknown-threat-as-kim-hee-sun-has-a-fateful-meeting-in-alice

Today's episode twist after twist after twist.. Daebak!:spitswater:

Have you guys watched episode 11 yet? Are you satisfied with the identity of TEACHER? 

Spoiler

I am so glad that Ajusshi's care for Jin Gyeom proved genuine.. so glad to see Jin Gyeom so protective of Ajusshi doesn't matter it's Tae Yi or Min Hyuk, he never wavered. 

But also so sad for them.. they had to face each other like this.

(But Ajusshi you shouldn't have handcuffed Jin Gyeom like.. do you expect him to stand there all night till you return :cry:)

Sad for Min Hyuk that he went deeper into Jin Gyeom's blacklist after he attacked Ajusshi.. it's hear breaking that he can't confess who he is now because the timing is so bad.. but Jin Gyeom seems to be suspecting him "Who is he to care for him!"

Hope Min Hyuk will be there now that Jin Gyeom is in actual danger.. He better be there.

Or will it be Ajusshi as his car is already there before Professor Tae Yi? He will save JG and ..... :bawling:

13 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Have you guys watched episode 11 yet? Are you satisfied with the identity of TEACHER? 

Yes! Its another great twist.

Now the question is, who is the shadowy figure that's still pulling the strings outside of Alice? The Teacher wouldn't have himself kidnapped by his own henchmen, it serves no purpose, so there still seems to be another piece missing.

I am also VERY happy that Detective Ko turned out to be a noble, albeit tragic, character rather than an evil one. 

Looks like Dad is growing protective of his new-found son, and Mom is meeting her younger self next episode .... gonna be good!

Not nearly enough Do Yeon though .....

LCO

Kim Hee Sun Is Surprised To See Hwang Seung Eon In Her Classroom In 2020 On “Alice”

f2656b5cfaba4d738fdcddc60d4a1ecf.jpeg?s=

Oct 10, 2020
by E. Cha

SBS’s “Alice” has shared an intriguing glimpse of its next episode!

Spoilers

On October 10, the sci-fi action thriller unveiled new stills of Kim Hee Sun and Hwang Seung Eon from its upcoming episode.

In the newly released photos, Yoon Tae Yi (played by Kim Hee Sun) is in the midst of giving a lecture at her university when she suddenly spots Oh Shi Young (played by Hwang Seung Eon) seated amongst her students. The professor is visibly surprised to see her old friend again in 2020—and in such unusual circumstances—while Oh Shi Young stares back at her with a grim expression.

Once the class is over, Oh Shi Young makes her way to the lectern at the front of the hall, where Yoon Tae Yi warily listens to what her old friend has to say.

The producers of “Alice” teased, “In Episode 12, Yoon Tae Yi and Oh Shi Young will come face-to-face. Actresses Kim Hee Sun and Hwang Seung Eon previously met in the drama as friends back in 1992, when Yoon Tae Yi had changed her name to Park Sun Young. This time, they will meet in 2020 as physicist Yoon Tae Yi and Oh Shi Young, and they will be portraying in detail the changes in their relationship with one another. We ask that the viewers look forward to it.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1430677wpp/kim-hee-sun-is-surprised-to-see-hwang-seung-eon-in-her-classroom-in-2020-on-alice

Today EP 11 , I couldn't feel any impact or intense plot of the story, although we finally get to know who is the teacher. A teacher brought us to a teacher too :)

Everyone is chasing for the book of prophecy (the last page), will the storyline give us a good wrap up meaning in the end?

This drama makes time travel like a magic concept. Time will only keep moving on, it will not stop for anyone. If we allow ourselves to focus on the negative energy in our entire lifetime, we might miss out some  beautiful things that life has to offer us.  I guess a very good reflection in this drama is would we take on the great lessons learned and move on, if travel back to the past is the only way to amend the mistakes? Many of us love to look back, while forgetting "Choices" create circumstances and lives; our "Decisions" determine our future outcome. That is the key lesson we have found in Yoon Tae-Yi , Yoo Min-Hyuk and Park Jin-Gyeom.

Back to the basic theory : do we need a time traveller ? One thing for sure is that time travel teaches us that time will change but people don't. :)

Do you think Park Jin Gyeom is able to stop the bullet (stop the time like the last time)? If so, it's likely he won't die or get hurt.

I'm glad Go Hyung Suk couldn't bring himself to kill Jin Gyeom, at least it proved his love and care for Jin Gyeom is genuine.

Wow, a very good episode in my opinion. Some really big revelations happened. Detective Ko being a time traveler was confirmed, which many of us were speculating. But good thing was he didn't really kill his past self, and also didn't really kill Jin Gyeom, which is a very big thing. It shows how much he cares for him and looks at him as his son. Did he really kill Jin Gyeom's mom? I doubt it, because it was not shown. So maybe he didn't really kill her and someone else did it. Which I think is Seok Oh Won himself, his comment on Jin Gyeom's reaction being similar to his mom's means she was betrayed by him and saw him pointing gun at him too, so I place my bet on Seok Oh Won being the killer of Jin Gyeom's mom. 

So Director Gi and Seok Oh Won, for both of them our suspicions came to be true. Seok Oh Won the actual "Teacher" here and Director Gi acting on his behalf, which made that assassin think he was The Teacher. I always thought this guy was shady, acting all clueless about the events. Also well we were all suspicious of Seok Oh Won, he was acting all suspicious since the start, but then suddenly because supportive and helpful. For this also there are two possibilities. Either we have 2 Seok Oh Wons present, and the one kidnapped was killed to be replaced by current one who came from future.

Or, Seok Oh Won had been fooling everyone from the start, his kidnapping was staged too. I think it was after kidnapping Director Gi too came to know who real Teacher was. Maybe his at the end of his search he saw Seok Oh Won and kidnapped for the last page of the book. But it sort of also contradicts from Seok Oh Won's praying for his life when alone, remembering Tae Yi (JG's mom) telling him his life could also be in danger. So I think, we could really see 2 Seok Oh Wons here. One the present one who wanted to stop time-travel, and the other time traveler Seok Oh Won, who witnessed something happening and decided to have time travel continue. At least the time traveler Seok Oh Won killed Tae Yi, because we saw 2010 Seok Oh Won running away from site, but not really present there when the murder happens. But he says to JG that even his mom was gave same reaction when she saw him, so it is him who killed Tae Yi. 

Now I see a major death flag over Oh Si Young too, she is one of those who knows Director Gi is the one involved in that Assassin's death. Chances are she will die trying to save Min Hyuk, or trying to inform him about it. Or maybe if she goes the idiot's way and confronts Director Gi for it. Overall a good episode for me. 

Next seeing the previews I think, I had said this before that JG's mom's memories are having some influence on Prof. Tae Yi. We had been teased and hinted about it when she sort of had an idea about the switches in the house and knew about the rooms. So chances are JG's mom's memories will be shared with Prof. Tae Yi, since they are the same person. Also Tae Yi will be in a car accident, let us see how the plot unfold and moves towards the closure. A solid episode again, with good twists and surprises as usual. 

I just finish the episode 11. We had a lot of revelation. I am glad that they took time to explain the story of Ko Hyeon-Seok and how he took place of the real Detective Go in this time line. The only problem is that he was 30 years older than his other self but he successfully made the switch without anyone to question that. No, he was 40 years older when he arrived in 2010. But it is a minor thing. We saw how the people from the future can have a device that can make them look younger.  I wonder if the wife realise the diference. She saw two of them in the same timeline.

I also glad that the director of Alice is not the real Teacher but Seok O-Won. I always suspected Seok O Won being the Teacher, behind the people who wants to keep the time travel. I am not glad that I was right after all but because it makes sense that he was the Teacher and not someone else.

It was a surprised that Ko Hyeon Seok did not kill Lee Se Hoon but was revealed that Ki Cheol-Am did it. He was always suspisious like always keeping Min Hyuk in the dark and with his aparently not involvement, but this time they showed us evidence to suspect Ko.

I don`t know if Seok O Won shot Jin Gyeom or he traveled in time and saved himself. We`ll see.  It seeams that Tae Yi is starting to remember her past.

It was a good decision for Jang Dong-Sik to rip the last pages of the book. Now, his daughter still has a chance to succeed in her mission and Seok O Won doesn`t know how to do to stop her. I still want this show to explain how Jang Dong Sik had the book in 1992. I still suspect that Tae Yi wrote the book in the future but I am ready to find out whatever explanation. But I want to know. 

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

So I think, we could really see 2 Seok Oh Wons here. One the present one who wanted to stop time-travel, and the other time traveler Seok Oh Won, who witnessed something happening and decided to have time travel continue. At least the time traveler Seok Oh Won killed Tae Yi, because we saw 2010 Seok Oh Won running away from site, but not really present there when the murder happens.

It is possible that Seok O Won from the future killed Tae Yi (Jin Gyeom`s mom) because the other Seok O Won was not present when the murder took place. Perhaps he saw his alter self and run away. I voted for him as the murderer but It is possible that Ki Cheol-Am did it instead of The Teacher, because he is his right man. Definetly, someone from the future killed her.

I don`t really know what happened with Seok O Won, if he was ever against the time travel or he pretended to be at Tae yi`s side. If he was genuine at first, I wonder when the switch took place. It was after he was kidnapped or the whole kidnapping thing was a scheme . I believe The Teacher (the Seok O Won from 2050) traveled himself but when?

1 hour ago, larus said:

It is possible that Seok O Won from the future killed Tae Yi (Jin Gyeom`s mom) because the other Seok O Won was not present when the murder took place. Perhaps he saw his alter self and run away. I voted for him as the murderer but It is possible that Ki Cheol-Am did it instead of The Teacher, because he is his right man. Definetly, someone from the future killed her.

I don`t really know what happened with Seok O Won, if he was ever against the time travel or he pretended to be at Tae yi`s side. If he was genuine at first, I wonder when the switch took place. It was after he was kidnapped or the whole kidnapping thing was a scheme . I believe The Teacher (the Seok O Won from 2050) traveled himself but when?

It could be Director Gi who killed her, but Seok Oh Won telling Jin Gyeom, his mom asked him the same question before her death means, he was at least present there. Even I think I had voted for him as the murderer, and Teacher as the one who ordered her murder I guess, and I don't really remember who I chose to be the teacher between him and Director Gi. I think I went for the later option. Anyway, both are in the same boat right now. Director Gi could be the only person who knows Seok Oh Won is The Teacher, along with Detective Ko maybe (he could still be receiving orders from director Gi).

I think about Seok Oh Won, the whole kidnapping plot happened in order for him to replace 2020 Seok Oh Won. By this, he would initially get the suspicions away from Police, since he was also a victim of the killing of his colleagues, and also this way Seok Oh Won of 2020 could be eliminated. I really think the one kidnapped was different one, because he was really scared while being alone and was praying holding his cross. I think it happened, because 2020 Seok Oh Won decided to help Jin Gyeom. I mean he had many ways of killing Jin Gyeom. Yes initially he had to confirm things, but when he confirmed, he could kill Jin Gyeom very easily, but decided to kill him at that point and was helping him initially, which could mean Seok Oh Won got switched, and they decided to kill JG, because they didn't find the final page of the book. 

You see, kidnapping Seok Oh Won for the final page of the book would be stupid, if the kidnapped was The Teacher. Because then he would search for the last page himself too, and 2021, Seok Oh Won knew Prof. Tae Yi had the book's last page, and told her not to get involved. We have already seen the events changing, in 2021 Seok Oh Won could be the present one alive, because Jin Gyeom got stabbed by Detective Ko and was killed, hence Seok Oh Won could be saved, but not this time I guess. Things are different, and if Seok Oh Won knows Prof. Tae Yi has got the last page, they could just get it from her, which means Seok Oh Wons are 2 with the present one, most probably dead. 

Just as we all suspected the leader of Alice turned out to be the shady individual.. And the answer to how Det Ko switched to his past self is revealed... Now wondering what deal did Seok Oh Won made to save his life.. I don't think it's just by handing over the book of Prophecy.. Must be something else.... 

I wish Tae Yi will remember where she kept the last page of the book soon.... 

Anxiously waiting for tonight's episodes. 

And waiting for the day when Min Hyuk will reveal that he is the father or someone else will do on his behalf...

I am suspecting Det Ko will be sacrificed off tonight... But hoping it's not the case yet.. 

Just when you think you have most of this figured out .... episode 12 (& preview for ep 13)

Detective Ko sacrifices himself to try and save JG. Although I would've preferred he not die, I liked that in the end his caring for JG was genuine.

And how about Oh Si-Young ... she can hold a gun to Tae-Yi's head in one hand, and drive like a professional stunt woman with the other ... girls got MAD skills!

So now it looks like an evil future version of Seok O-Won had his past self killed, which RE-opens alot of doors I thought we closed awhile ago - most importantly, did he kill Tae-Yi?  It also explains why he was kidnapped by those I thought were his minions, who in fact worked for his future self.

Big episode for Professor Tae-Yi. She finds the pic of JGs mom, she finds the pic of herself with her future self, that she thought was her mom, and then in the end comes face to face with herself ... I cant wait to see that scene play out next week.

And the biggest bombshell of all ... evil smile teenage JG with spots (aka: time travelers rash) This opens up ALOT - Was Do-Yeon right back in high school? Did JG push that girl off the building? Did JG kill his own mom? ... The preview has me worried for Do-Yeon, it looks like something happens to the past version of her. 

Perhaps JG's abilities are the beginning and the end - His powers manifested first in JGs evil version. They get discovered by others and the whole Alice/Kuiper groups get formed. Evil JGs early actions in time travel trigger the rise of the good JG - In the end Good JG travels back to stop Evil JG and then never returns, and never uses his powers again, thus stopping time travel.

Okay .... now who wrote the book of prophecy then?

This is such a great drama!

LCO

22 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

And the biggest bombshell of all ... evil smile teenage JG with spots (aka: time travelers rash) This opens up ALOT

i'm in deep denial right now after watching ep12 and the preview... i'm OK with that Alice bad guy (Ki what?) and Director Seok as the Teacher and ultimate mastermind... but, too many time travelers amidst the past and the future!!!

the question is, did the evil young JG from another parallel dimension come and kill his mom Park Sun Young in 2010?!

Kristen Wiig No GIF by The Lonely Island

we are only left with 4 episodes... 

Today EP 12 left with a cliffhanger ending at the end of the episode. What a twist plot with a surprise shown the evil side of JG. It is so much better than the EP 11.

@larus Do you agree that Kwak Si Yang (Yoo Min-Hyuk) in this drama look so handsome, so much better look than in early years and in "WGM" variety show pair with KSY?

What a surprise to see his improvement on his look and acting skills. He looks more manly as compared to those days that shown his sharp face.

I hope the writer has given him a chance to develop his role further, his screen time and story line not much reveal. Let's see the balance 4 EP has any chance to improve on his role development, but I doubt it. I guess the storyline will continue surrounding the chasing of the last page of "book of prophecy"  (Director Ki Cheol-Am and Seok O-Won versus. Yoon Tae-Yi and Park Jin-Gyeom) One party wished to continue the time traveller while another party wished to stop and destroy it. The writer is obviously making the story more complex by adding in the evil JG (probably come from the future or from different dimension co-exist under same time zone?) to increase the intensity of the plot, eg. making JG murder his own mum...

There are plots that still need to fill up the missing gap. Like what @LeftCoastOppa mentioned who wrote the book of prophecy?

From science fiction to science fact, if there is a concept known as a "parallel universe," where all the choices we made in this life played out in alternate realities, if this really happens in our era, I can't imagine what our life going to be - the two of ourselves co-exit and can show up at the same time zone. :D

Archived