[Drama 2020] Find me in your memory, 그 남자의 기억법

0ly40

7 minutes ago, goodbyewinter said:

I will lift up this forums' atmosphere so brace yourself: 

(Maybe a major spoiler ahead)

Hide contents

A China's forum for FMIYM caught the after list of sponsors for the drama in the 15th episode. And guess what? It's a wedding dress boutique. So, will we get a wedding for HJ JH? 

Omo Omo :smirk: Wedding dress?? :w00t: Hope it's true!! A BIG THANKS CHINGU!!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, corey said:

I was grinning like crazy at the two lovebirds and thinking, for once I will get my fill of a lovely K-Drama without a bitter aftertaste.  It actually never occurred to me tht it may end up like that...With the promises the couple made to each other...

As was I.  The only thing I can think of that would remotely salvage this mess is if JH had quit his job to follow HJ to the USA.   But after all the broken promises, it's hard to care now.

• Like 5

I loved this episode the most!(unpopular opinion) ...so far (I might like the FINALE more...who knows lol) although I do get why some are not so happy about today's episode...:sweatingbullets:but anyways...they're break up scene was sad yet so touching. But however I wasn't angry. I felt that it was really mature of them and realistic. I felt that it was also the right time. Time that they both needed to heal individually before they can heal each other. Quote "I can’t hold on to you, with you. You’re just as broken as I am, and we thought that being together would make us whole again. But we only destroyed each other more" ...scene when JH searched up HJ, right before that we saw his lock screen was still the same = their photo,  this quote came to mind

"There's a difference between goodbye and letting go. Goodbye is "I'll see you again when I'm ready to hold your hand, & when you're ready to hold mine. Letting go is "I'll miss your hand, I realized it's not mines to hold". That breakup was a GOODBYE but not LETTING go " we say goodbye in order to meet again" right. I believe we will get a happy ending. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3

@goodbyewinter Omo omo so we will get a wedding??? 

I got that many of u disappointed with last night ep. But with whatever flaws this show have, i still want to support it till the end. I've been smitten with KDW and MGY theres no way back for me!:P To those who didnt give up this drama yet, im here with you:wub:.

@Roomay_ht if thats really the plot twist, i swear that will be the best plot twist in my whole kdrama life:P

• Like 7

@Roomay_ht what a wonderful theory. JH already reserved a fancy restaurant for their dinner right? And what if the break up scene was just a decoy bc there were paparazzi around? Ok now i’m getting delusional.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Just now, nitttss said:

@goodbyewinter Omo omo so we will get a wedding??? 

I got that many of u disappointed with last night ep. But with whatever flaws this show have, i still want to support it till the end. I've been smitten with KDW and MGY theres no way back for me!:P To those who didnt give up this drama yet, im here with you:wub:.

@Roomay_ht if thats really the plot twist, i swear that will be the best plot twist in my whole kdrama life:P

I think i'm in love with both fictional and real couple!:) MGY is real a good actress. This is the second drama i watched with her and i really enjoyed her chemistry with KDW:wub:. I'll support this drama till the end despite my previous rant about the plot twist. Their great acting must not be wasted even if writer sucked in ep 15 with bad writing (just my opinion). Hope we'll get a wedding... and hope it's not Ha Kyung and Il Kwon wedding 'cause i'll be disappointed :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

@Beautilife thats a beautiful explanation from u. Its exactly like what im thinking, and u put it really well.:wub:

1 hour ago, lolly84 said:

hope it's not Ha Kyung and Il Kwon wedding 'cause i'll be disappointed

Nooooo i cant bear it if this is happens! 

And yes i truly love both of them here. I watched several drama and movies with KDW. He's good but I never pay more attention to him, not until now. For MGY this is the 3rd time i watch her, with both former drama dropped in the middle. I will at least watch n give a try both actors future project after this. Or even better if they do a drama together again. Well not so fast i think we might need to wait for years but who knows?:wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Writernim loves to tease us, guys. Don't give up yet. It's a melo, so we should expect some heartwrenching plot. Remember eps 13, after the hug in the rain, we all sighed in relief that our OTP got back together only to find out that they didn't :sweatingbullets:

Now after some sweetness, they separated again, writernim wants us to think that they break up for 2 whole years. I refuse to be teased again. So, please expect a happy ending to this beautiful journey. If the theory turns out to be true, isn't that an awesome plot twist?

• Like 3
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, Roomay_ht said:

Writernim loves to tease us, guys. Don't give up yet. It's a melo, so we should expect some heartwrenching plot. Remember eps 13, after the hug in the rain, we all sighed in relief that our OTP got back together only to find out that they didn't :sweatingbullets:

Now after some sweetness, they separated again, writernim wants us to think that they break up for 2 whole years. I refuse to be teased again. So, please expect a happy ending to this beautiful journey. If the theory turns out to be true, isn't that an awesome plot twist?

Agree with you chingu! The theory you posted gave me hope and photos posted by @goodbyewinter MADE MY DAY!! :smirk::rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@lolly84 i choose to be optimistic on this drama. Forced separation is somewhat a 'law' in kdrama, it could serve as plot device to show character development or a lazy way out. But in this case, separation is sorta necessary. We are not explicitly told that they break up the whole two years rite? Writernim wants us to think that way. 

If eps 15 and 16 are aired in a row (without 1 week delay) i guess many of us are not this flipped. I suppose the story is written to be simultaniously shown, so the plot would run nicer and more acceptable for many. 

Conflicts acceptance vary for many people. Let's just agree to disagree.

22 minutes ago, corey said:

need to look up this writer name to avoid her shows in future. It is the third writer for me this year. Geeez. :angry:

The writer actually wrote 3 other well acclaimed dramas : Duel, Nine (9 times travel) and Queen In Hyun's Man.

• Like 7

The theory on twitter, in which Jung Hoon and Hajin actually secretly dating during the 2 years is interesting. It is possible that Hajin changed her mind off screen (well since she changes her mind alot). 

On the wedding ending, to be honest I find it kinda cringe-y but this show has alot of cliches, so I guess it is possible for us to see Jung Hoon - Hajin wedding at the end of the next episode.

Anyhow, now I am more excited to watch their live ig and BTS, KDW and MGY looks so much sweeter in these than in drama (lol I wonder how is that possible!!!). My shipper self cant help to hope for them to have a happy ending IRL if the drama's ending sucks. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Ep15 is definitely a let down for the breaking-up part [there are better ways to handle things, Kim Yoon-joo. Look how The Greatest Love could do to give the FL a better image. It was not a perfect resolution but still better than all-too- familiar noble idiocy.] Chul's part feels unnecessary to the major plot too. But I will still going to watch ep16 for the sake of the production team and the actors & actresses that I like. Hopefully writer Kim can wrap up things more logically than ep15.

Posting more puppy pics to lighten up my mood:

• Like 3
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, corey said:

Someone said that the situation with netizens and their hate is quite realistic. Realistic is not what I am looking for when watching a romcom. Realistic is when I read the news. As @thistle noted, this is a drama not a social commentary.

Also - a realistic situation would be that the couple keep in touch and support each other during separation. Otherwise, a realistic situation would be that he/she meets someone else (especially she - she had boyfriends before). Anyway, unfortunately I cannot find any consolation for those who are disappointed like me. It has happened to me too many times when watching K-Dramas to have hope that the quality of writing in SK entertainment improves.

:lol:Certainly if they want to be realistic, it’s kind of difficult for me to believe the US career boost part. I’m no expert on US entertainment but I would think it more likely that a Korean-American would be able to boost their career in the US rather than an SK actress who probably doesn’t speak English well. I do know that Lee Byung-hun appeared in a few US films but I heard he speaks English well. Wouldn’t it be more realistic to boost her career in Asia? There are quite a few drama shows and films that are Chinese and SK collaboration with actors like Park Hae-Jin, Lee Jong-suk, Park Min-young, Lee Min-Ho, and others. Turn her into a Hallyu Star.

I also agree about the separation. Most people who value their relationship would fight for it even via long distance. Our HSBC bank rep in the US was Korean-American and he visited SK a few times a year because his girlfriend lives there. If JH and HJ really didn’t communicate during those two years, that too is unrealistic imo.

• Like 11

well.. if they really did LDR, they probably can only facetime chat.. not so much of JH flying to US though.. i noticed that the last time HJ was hospitalised after being kidnapped, she stayed in a suite.. but see how JH got stabbed and he was in a smaller ward.. even the bed looks uncomfortable :lol:

• LOL 7
  • Insightful 1

Ok so finally watched it with the subs I'm not Mad or that disappointed but the break up or the whole episode. Given that Memory Couple is a public figure it is more like a break with a goodbye than it's over we will never be again or meet right? The whole medias dramas is relatable as it is what actually happens there. But the less importance for Anchornim's job and the way he handles his guests I was disappointed with this the most. 

Let's see what are in stores de can hope for a happy ending and who knows if they were actually secretly dating. So far writernim kept sprising us so I'm gonna watch it till the end and keep supporitng FMIYM team. This is a fiction after all they can't be all the time realistic or have perfect plots. 

• Like 5

for Ha Kyung’s fans, her agency has all her clips to this drama here

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=28227359&memberNo=42162558

and of cos, some key scenes from ep15 in spoiler in case some chingus still need time to cool off..

i have a feeling that HJ chose to leave and take a small role in the US movie is for JH’s sake.. she called him first while JH was hesitating about dialing her number and she heard him confide about his resignation.. which probably shattered her heart more since she knew of his passion as a news anchor.. she held back her own pain not telling him about her problems.. i’m guessing that instead of just the nasty comments of people branding JH as the bad guy that hitched his ex gf’s bff from the book.. he got additional hatre from HJ’s loyal fans who could have seen him as the key person to bring to her downfall in korea entertainment industry.. loved how @nitttss analyzed it earlier B)

Spoiler

Spoiler

i think JH might go back being the new live anchor.. director choi is his beloved sunbae haha i dun think he will reject her offer :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Watched episode 15 but skipped some parts (second break up scene, Anchornim resigning from his post) coz it's too much for my heart to take... For Episode 16, I've got this feeling he'll talk about his illness on his first day back as an Anchor... It really is suspicious how they tease us with the ring on the last scene of Episode 15... And Anchornim's smile when he saw her was not a smile of someone who was dumped, it was a surprise smile for me though I think I might be wrong hihi... Anyways I'm looking forward to the last episode though I feel sad that it's the end for my favorite couple this year... 

• Like 6