[Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth

0ly40

Finally, both of them met! Seeing how she act when Tae Sul shows her the picture, I feel like Seo Hae already knows what will happen to both of them and how she will die(or just shot not die). its like, I accept the fate.

From what I understand, it's not possible to change the past, based on what they said. Future is the mirror of the present. and in the preview of next episode, Seo Hae said the reason people time travel is because of regret. not because they can change the future. maybe she comes to 2020 just to fulfill her fate or just to meet her (presumably)dead mom once again?

• Like 4

I find the scared Han Taesul funny too. His expressions of disbelief, like "why are you angry with ME? I'm the kidnapped one!" It doesn't help that she does not talk, doesn't say much, apart from her name. Even when they are then taken in by the asia mart guy, does she not say anything. He is clearly curious for answers and the Mart guy is willing to tell them. She only shakes her head, indicating that he shouldn't listen. But she does not talk.

So of course he wants to know what is happening. People keep trying to kill him and talk in strange ways.

• Like 2

Okay scrap my theory of the CB being the big baddies.  There’s a possibility that they are really only functioning as a government body and not doing any “killing” of innocent Korean civilians.  They may however “kill” illegals eg SH or capture them.

@packmule3 put together a timeline and some thoughts.  And she’s suggesting another assassin is at large who has killed the restaurant owner and the copilot.   And that would make more sense.  The CB come in their big black cars with On Government Service emblazoned on the sides, it’s hard to miss them?  The neighbors would all be muttering and talking?  So there could be a 3rd party or parties in the midst of all this confusion who play the antagonist.  

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2021/02/23/sisyphus-eps-1-2-timelines-for-taesul-and-seohae/

@bedifferent I am leery of the diploma date.  Because the DNA test date (because @farawayland ? pointed out) was off.  And @miracle23 offered an explanation that it could be because that was the filming date of that scene?  The diploma date could just be a prop mistake like the DNA test date.  That annoys me.  It shows that the prop team isn’t meticulous.  And if you are filming a time travel drama where dates and times are already mixed up, you need to be extra careful about these things.  If you’re lax, you give the audience zero chance of knowing which is a mistake and which was intentional.  So I’d shelve the thought till they give us more.  

I get the feeling that TaeSul’s invention/discovery has 2 outcomes.  One is to slow down the ageing process (?) and the other results in a catastrophic Holocaust when placed in the wrong hands?  So there would be parties who want him to continue with the discovery because it benefits them and others who want to stop it to save humanity.  Like nuclear energy.  Wonderful because it acts as a fuel source but devastating when in the wrong hands or when disaster hits like Fukushima.  I think that’s why SH is torn.  On the one hand, it seems like TSul’s discovery would save her mother.  But on the other, it will result in the Holocaust?  That’s why she was so upset when her dad told her not to look for TSul and her reply was that mom would die.  So which would she choose?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Okay scrap my theory of the CB being the big baddies.  There’s a possibility that they are really only functioning as a government body and not doing any “killing” of innocent Korean civilians.  They may however “kill” illegals eg SH or capture them.

@packmule3 put together a timeline and some thoughts.  And she’s suggesting another assassin is at large who has killed the restaurant owner and the copilot.   And that would make more sense.  The CB come in their big black cars with On Government Service emblazoned on the sides, it’s hard to miss them?  The neighbors would all be muttering and talking?  So there could be a 3rd party or parties in the midst of all this confusion who play the antagonist.  

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2021/02/23/sisyphus-eps-1-2-timelines-for-taesul-and-seohae/

@bedifferent I am leery of the diploma date.  Because the DNA test date (because @farawayland ? pointed out) was off.  And @miracle23 offered an explanation that it could be because that was the filming date of that scene?  The diploma date could just be a prop mistake like the DNA test date.  That annoys me.  It shows that the prop team isn’t meticulous.  And if you are filming a time travel drama where dates and times are already mixed up, you need to be extra careful about these things.  If you’re lax, you give the audience zero chance of knowing which is a mistake and which was intentional.  So I’d shelve the thought till they give us more.  

I get the feeling that TaeSul’s invention/discovery has 2 outcomes.  One is to slow down the ageing process (?) and the other results in a catastrophic Holocaust when placed in the wrong hands?  So there would be parties who want him to continue with the discovery because it benefits them and others who want to stop it to save humanity.  Like nuclear energy.  Wonderful because it acts as a fuel source but devastating when in the wrong hands or when disaster hits like Fukushima.  I think that’s why SH is torn.  On the one hand, it seems like TSul’s discovery would save her mother.  But on the other, it will result in the Holocaust?  That’s why she was so upset when her dad told her not to look for TSul and her reply was that mom would die.  So which would she choose?

I don’t know what timo think if it’s intentional or a mistake. Apart from good acting, this team hasn’t given me confidence that they could get little details right. It is annoying me cos i love the story, full of mysteries and interesting characters,  the kind of drama I would greatly enjoy especially with some of my favourite actors. 

• Like 3

Ohhh, this episode is pure comedy! hahaha

I can’t can’t can’t take the action scenes seriously.  The craziness upped 2 notches for me.  CSW deadpan overacted in the escape scenes.  Mind you, they were so long, I thought they would never end. 

But his chemistry with PSH is GREAT!  They are so fun together, made me laughed silly... I forgave the first half of the episode.  This is definitely a fantasy superhero flick.

I definitely enjoy seeing Tae Sul as gentleman in distress... his bewilderment made him a talking machine, those lines from him are hilarious. 

Taesul trying to pacify the situation, the struggles among the genius henchmen, Seo Hae and our Mr Park.

Hold on. Calm down. That thing is huge.  If you shoot it, everyone is going to die. Calm down!

This is not the US. Can we not resolve conflicts without guns?!

:Megalol:

• LOL 9

51 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I can’t can’t can’t take the action scenes seriously.  The craziness upped 2 notches for me.  CSW deadpan overacted in the escape scenes.  Mind you, they were so long, I thought they would never end. 

But his chemistry with PSH is GREAT!  They are so fun together, made me laughed silly... I forgave the first half of the episode.  This is definitely a fantasy superhero flick.

I definitely enjoy seeing Tae Sul as gentleman in distress... his bewilderment made him a talking machine, those lines from him are hilarious. 

Taesul trying to pacify the situation, the struggles among the genius henchmen, Seo Hae and our Mr Park.

Hold on. Calm down. That thing is huge.  If you shoot it, everyone is going to die. Calm down!

This is not the US. Can we not resolve conflicts without guns?!

:Megalol:

The cgi and editing team deserve to be fired! 

The dig at US gun culture and

“go back to where you come from”

”immigrant stole our job”  are great! 
good chemistry 

intriguing plot

CSW comical acting  is gold, had me giggling.

you have all good ingredients, show! Focus on what’s important to the story, NOT trying to look cool as you might end up looking ridiculous! 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

34 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

The "This isn't the US" quote was a gem for sure, LOL. I'm sure both their legs would've been broken by now, but hey, it's not the first time where I've seen the director uses a skyscraper as a giant slide. The future is already here, and the future also defies friction and gravity, apparently!

:popcornjackson:

From seeing how the technology actually works, it really is a teleportation of atoms, so far it's shaping up to what I think it's happening. But now that we have a glimpse into Seo Hae's diary, I wonder if it's not a note from her future self rather than her mom. This would explain how she doesn't seem to care for her own welfare, and terminator-ed her way out of all sorts of dangerous situations. I mean, there's also the side note that only she can save the world, blah blah blah, no pressure at all. 

She also mentioned the future is a mirror of the present. There's also Tae-Sul's William Gibson quote, "The future is already here, it's just not very evenly distributed." Both allude to the concept that we are doomed to repeat our mistakes. Stray observation, there's also the symbolism of photography which uses the reflection of light to capture image.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, farawayland said:

I don’t know what timo think if it’s intentional or a mistake. Apart from good acting, this team hasn’t given me confidence that they could get little details right. It is annoying me cos i love the story, full of mysteries and interesting characters,  the kind of drama I would greatly enjoy especially with some of my favourite actors. 

Yeah who knows if it’s a mistake or not?  We’ll just leave it at that and see how it plays out.  I do like the characters so far so I am staying.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, KY L said:

But now that we have a glimpse into Seo Hae's diary, I wonder if it's not a note from her future self rather than her mom. This would explain how she doesn't seem to care for her own welfare, and terminator-ed her way out of all sorts of dangerous situations. I mean, there's also the side note that only she can save the world, blah blah blah, no pressure at all. 

She also mentioned the future is a mirror of the present. There's also Tae-Sul's William Gibson quote, "The future is already here, it's just not very evenly distributed." Both allude to the concept that we are doomed to repeat our mistakes. Stray observation, there's also the symbolism of photography which uses the reflection of light to capture image.

We were right about when we said the important thing to CB is not where the immigrants come from but when did they come from.  We also get to see that time traveling is for some immigrants to undone their mistakes and regrets by having a second chance at it.  Not that they can absolutely change the future.  They just want a chance to do it or even the chance to relive the moments.  Perhaps TS perfected time traveling in the future to change the events, HS and Tsan deaths afterall.  That is not easily done since our past dictates our future so it's a viscous cycle that can never be undone.

My mistake, the time stamped on HS's arm is 250813.... The first day of the conference. The first day TS meets HS.  Her father wanted her to go back to this day to change her fate.

2 hours ago, farawayland said:

good chemistry 

intriguing plot

CSW comical acting  is gold, had me giggling.

This episode adjusted my expectations.  We are so used to seeing CSW in dramatic role in serious dramas that it is jarring, unexpected with a mix of surprise and letdown? to watch him chose a role that is different in tone than all his previous dramas.  And doing a pretty good job at it. This drama is not for everyone.  I'm glad it shows itself early so that people can decide to drop or not.  I do remember CSW reminding the audience to look pass the superficial stuffs for a deeper message.  I hope we get it at the end but for now, I am watching with a tub of popcorn!  This drama is sooo crazy.  Hahaha

I agree, he has really good comedic timing.  Just like how I was impressed with his portrayal of Shimok, this role shows his acting chop as well in a different way.  He needs to be more expressive here.  It's a more physically demanding role.  So far, he's good!

The way TS bounced off HS's dead serious personality has me laughing hard.  Their bantering is entertaining, he often comes out the winner even if she has the advantage of coming from the future.   Taesul is good at reading people, situations... he's more emotionally intelligent than I give him credit for.  Sure, there's a big IQ score on his forehead but what I am more impressed with people like TaeSul in real life is their ability to assume control at all time.  Sure, at this point, he is still clueless like the guy who walked into a room that people haven't let in on the jokes.  Instead of continuing to be frustrated, he calms down, reflects on what other people tell him to understand things better. He's a good listener with a fairly good memory that probably saved him more than once in the past.  He can pivot his strengths to his advantage.  What I also like is he is willing to compromise and has a clear vision of the bigger goal is. The deal with CEO Park for the diary gave him the needed respect and realign the power balance between them.  In the van, TS clearly shows HS that although she is one with guns and strength and attitude, he can still help her in his own way.  That also changed the dynamics between those two.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

K-DRAMA STORIES

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On February 25 Data)

Laure Feb 25, 2021

netflix-korea-ranking-02252021-680x384.jpg

Are you a Netflix user? If you are using the platform, you would know that there is plenty of Korean content with dramas and TV shows.

Netflix offers different content in each country. Dramas that are available for viewers in Korea are not the same for other country's viewers. Also, a drama might be available in your country at a different time from its release in Korea.

Netflix Korea has a top 10 ranking of daily popular content on its platform. These are the most popular Netflix programs of the day in Korea based on February 25 data (retrieved on Feb. 25, data of Feb. 24)

1. "Vincenzo"

2. "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba"

3. "Sisyphus: The Myth"

4. "Love (Ft. Marriage and Divorce)"

5. "Knowing Bros"

6. "Space Sweepers"

7. "Couples Who Want To Get Hot Again 2"

8. "Bridgerton"

9. "Lovestruck in the City"

10. "The Uncanny Counter"

Are these programs available in your country? Are you watching them?

cr.kpopmap.com/10-most-popular-netflix-programs-currently-in-korea-based-on-february-25-data/

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

points of note 

- Okay. So Eddy Kim and SeoJin (psych) are an item. :lol:.  So much for my theory of them being insidious spies.

- Ugly malformed beings are being downloaded to the conference site to assassinate TSul.  With super strength.  But not all of them seemed to be downloaded “completely”?  There were some that seemed to have been incomplete in the process.  They weren’t functional.  Only one made it and was the assassin.

- TSul really is a showman isn’t he?  He had the audience eating out of the palm of his hand with his presentation.

- it’s hilarious how TSul was inept whilst SH was Lara Croft.  With a floral camo gun :lol:

- none of the Police even looked at the deformed security guard assassin who was knocked out cold.  They didn’t need to ALL catch her.  No one bothered to check on him. 
- that slide down the glass of the building with just the butt of the gun to somehow slow them down...okay... :lol:

- and all the while poor hapless TSul is trying to get the attention of the Police to help him :lol:

- TSul faints mid zip line and SH shakes him awake just in time for the landing  :lol:

- CB is a legitimate government agency.  They took care of the aliens who didn’t download properly and the guy who did but was knocked out. 
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: that’s all I did for the rest of the ep.  I am strapping in for the ride.  Just for the fun of it.  To hell with the science and making sense of it all.  CSW and PSH and SDI are making it all worthwhile.

I am to the point of just abandoning all effort to figure it out and just hang tight for the ride.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1