[Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth

0ly40

1 hour ago, taeunfighting said:

When Jung teleported from the future, he was supposed to be injected with atropine by one of Park's guys. I looked up what it is used for and one of its uses is treat to poisoning from insecticides and nerve agents. I wonder if chemical weapons may be involved the warfare as well. 

If chemical biowarfare was involved, it somewhat makes sense that atropine was used. 

Atropine binds to acetylcholine receptors of cells, blocking the binding of acetylcholine.  Acetylcholine is the neurotransmitter in your bodies that when released, binds to the cell receptors and activates muscle contraction, blood vessels dilation, secretions, slows heart rate, etc.. When you give atropine, acetylcholine can't bind to the cell receptors and you will prevent those actions from happening.  You see atropine being given to relax the muscles, contract the blood vessels and increase heart rate.  Most often seen in cases where you have to resuscitate someone during a cardiovascular collapse event.  

Chemical agents like the nerve gas sarin inhibit the enzymes that control the amount of acetylcholine so this builds up and overwhelms your bodies.  Too much acetylcholine will exaggerate the above actions - increase saliva (foaming at the mouth), increase secretions in your lungs, overstimulates your nerve cells causing convulsions.  When you give atropine as the antidote to nerve gas poisoning, it blocks the receptors, preventing the cells from binding to acetylcholine and overreact, keeping the nervous system from going into overdrive to try to maintain normal function.  Buying you time until you can flush out the toxic agent.  

I'm not sure what's the use of atropine in Sisyphus if it was not for chemical warfare.  Maybe just to jumpstart the heart and body after the download.  :lol:

@wenchanteurnice analysis of the bank notes.  CEO Park kept looking for things brought back from the future.  It cannot be money alone.  So what is it that he knows would be valuable at present 2020?  Something that he can use to save himself when the holocaust happen?  Most people would not bring back money he said, I am curious at what he wants.

@nrlleeYou're right, if the idea is we cannot change the future because our past will always linked to it. Why the time traveling for SH and why the desperate effort to save TS?  For Jung, his reason was clear.  His objective was not to change his mother's destiny but to reconcile his guilt.  I think they will need to break the loop at the wedding.  Something extraordinary that will take one of them, either TS or HS, out of the predictable future.  HS doesn't die, TS changes his decision at gunpoint, something that will break the repeated events.  I think Jung has already told HS what to do... she must forgive.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

50 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

One more thing about episode 4 that I didn't quite understand is when Tae Sul asked about the issue of names/identities with the present and future selves, Park's guy replied "Time paradox. Their bodies and memories get mixed. And, eventually one side disappears". Did anyone happen to understand what this means? Is there two or one person in the present??

Time paradox - for example, people time travel to the past trying to change the present.  The time traveler goes back to change the past.  His actions changed the past, caused a new set of events but those new events end up producing the same endpoint that the time traveler tried to change.  Basically, the future ends up the same, just the steps that lead to them are different because they were changed by time traveler's actions.  Bottomline, you cannot change the future.

Park means future HS will eventually starts to do the same thing her past self does.  I think she will soon gain the memories of her past self and doomed to repeat the future.  That's the reason why she keeps looping unless she breaks it by doing something different before her old memories kick in and she repeats the same actions.

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

One more thing about episode 4 that I didn't quite understand is when Tae Sul asked about the issue of names/identities with the present and future selves, Park's guy replied "Time paradox. Their bodies and memories get mixed. And, eventually one side disappears". Did anyone happen to understand what this means? Is there two or one person in the present??

Here’s my theory.  Assuming the Lieutenant (who was marking all the lotto tickets) that Jung was talking to at the convenience store is SH’s dad, he’s young.  So SH would be a child at that time or maybe not even born.  Possibly she could actually be the little girl that wrote the letter to TSul when he was in hospital (but their names are different so I don’t know, maybe she’s not born yet).  Saying she wanted to marry him.  So future SH (older version) jumps back in time.  So does older Jung.  So yes there would be 2 versions of them at that intersect (unless SH hasn’t been born yet).  Both the older version of them and the younger version (if they exist).  So when the guy explained the Time Paradox, it means the memories of their future self and their present self get mixed up.  Maybe that’s why SH doesn’t remember how to eat a banana.  She was too young to remember.  Maybe an infant or toddler in 2020.  Jung came back but conveniently his future self was killed.  I don’t know if it means his present young self will absorb some of his memories as a result so he remembers SH and TSul when he gets taken by the CB.

TSan.  What about him?  He was presumed dead?  His body was too disfigured to be recognizable by TSul.  They just assumed it was him because the body was found with his backpack.  TSul never bothered to find out for sure with DNA.  The cremated remains wasn’t TSan.  Which meant he may very well have faked his death or CB faked his death?  He mentioned the CB to TSul at the shareholders meeting.  So he knows about them.  Do CB kill citizens?  They can “kill” or “imprison” illegal aliens from the future but they can’t just kill civilians who have a right to be there.  So I think Sigma is behind the killing of the restaurant owner and the copilot (he was freed by the CB.  If they wanted to kill him they wouldn’t have let him go).  So my guess is TSan never died after he met TSul at the shareholders meeting.  He faked his death.  And lived on to the future post Holocaust.  Then made the journey back.  But future TSan (one of them) crashed into the plane during his download so he didn’t make it.  The TSan that TSul saw at the convention was the present TSan (the one who faked his death).   Then who was it that put the convention pamphlet in the shed and wrote the warning on his apartment wall?  I think like SH, TSan has been looping back multiple times.  Just like the Sisyphus myth of rolling that Boulder up that hill over and over.  Each time adding something different to the timeline.  With each iteration hoping that what they do alters the course of history to avert the Holocaust.  But each time failing.  That’s why SH and Park say nothing changes.  There’s a weariness about their plight.  I don’t think Park was showing kindness to his henchman by asking him to get coffee each time.  He knows he will get it wrong every time because he’s been there.  But he does it anyway, in the hope that this next time his henchman will finally get it right. But each time, he disappoints.  Just like when Sisyphus finally gets to the top of the hill and thinks, “surely this time the Boulder will stay put”, but no, it rolls back down again.  So why try?  Why come back and repeat the same thing only be be disappointed?  Because the alternative is far more despairing than the actual endeavor itself.  To accept that the world is just going to end in a Holocaust is far worse than to live with the slimmest of hopes that you can do something to try to stop it.  Hope makes the endeavor worthwhile.  It is why they keep trying.  That’s what’s left in Pandora’s Box/Jar (in the Greek myth).  When that suitcase was open by TSul, it metaphorically opened up disease/death/despair to the world, it set about a chain of events that would hurtle the world into an apocalypse.  Pandora’s box was open.  All that’s left is hope.  

• Love 1
  • Insightful 2

시지프스 - 시그마 IN #박신혜
강서해 미모가 최고의 블록버스터 그 자체!
@jtbcdrama AR 탭에서 인증해보젭! ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

하나의 세계, 두 개의 미래 <시지프스: the myth>
매주 수목 밤 9시 방송

Sisyphus-Sigma IN #Park Shin Hye
Gangseohae's beauty is the best blockbuster itself!
@jtbcdrama Please authenticate on the AR tab! (͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

One world, two futures <Sisyphus: the myth>
Broadcast every Wednesday at 9 p.m

instagram.com/reel/CLvz-sKHJ4-/?igshid=1ns66emav4469

No 1 in HK today

Imagen

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

@nrllee@taeunfightingI am certain policeman Kang Dong Ki is HS' father, partner of Jung.  Yes, we did compare the fan letter and the diary entries, I can't tell if the handwritings are the same.  We don't know if HS has been born yet.  Since HS is in her 20s in 2035, she very well be in grade school writing the letter.  I expect adult HS to meet young girl HS soon, that's how the diary continues through the time loop.  2020 adult HS will have to hand it over somehow.  Probability exists that HS will meet policeman Kang, will she know who he is?

The key to break the time loop lies with Tae Sul.  Tae San did not die.  He actually succeeded this time around, his brother found the suitcase.  HS helped as well, they met Jung.  Both reinforced for TSul that TSan is still alive.  At least we know that the events leading to TS's invention of the uploader will change.  In the past, TS did not disappear at the convention and he continues to be part of QnT.  This time, he is not part of the development anymore cuz he is busy finding his brother.  Something did change.  Maybe they can keep pushing the critical point forward.  

The second and important change is the key TaeSul has.  I don't think TSan brought the key to give Park, he wanted TS to have the contents in the safe.   

The events leading to the wedding will change.  I believe the wedding could still happen.  If TS is ousted from QnT, I wonder how would he continue to develop the uploader?

• Insightful 3

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

I am certain policeman Kang Dong Ki is HS' father, partner of Jung.  Yes, we did compare the fan letter and the diary entries, I can't tell if the handwritings are the same.  We don't know if HS has been born yet.  Since HS is in her 20s in 2035, she very well be in grade school writing the letter.  I expect adult HS to meet young girl HS soon, that's how the diary continues through the time loop.  2020 adult HS will have to hand it over somehow.  Probability exists that HS will meet policeman Kang, will she know who he is?

The key to break the time loop lies with Tae Sul.  Tae San did not die.  He actually succeeded this time around, his brother found the suitcase.  HS helped as well, they met Jung.  Both reinforced for TSul that TSan is still alive.  At least we know that the events leading to TS's invention of the uploader will change.  In the past, TS did not disappear at the convention and he continues to be part of QnT.  This time, he is not part of the development anymore cuz he is busy finding his brother.  Something did change.  Maybe they can keep pushing the critical point forward.  

The second and important change is the key TaeSul has.  I don't think TSan brought the key to give Park, he wanted TS to have the contents in the safe.   

The events leading to the wedding will change.  I believe the wedding could still happen.  If TS is ousted from QnT, I wonder how would he continue to develop the uploader?

I agree with you that Officer Kang is Seo Hae's father in which I hope he will have significant interactions with adult Seo Hae and assist in breaking the cycle. It was too sad to see them part ways in the future and he seems like a righteous man. When they meet, even if Seo Hae recognizes him, I don't think she will acknowledge him right away for his own well-being. Maybe, later though. I also think Seo Hae in the present is around 8 years old. If Tae San's camera captured the wedding photo, it would mean he has met Seo Hae at one point of the loop. Maybe Seo Hae's suitcase was also put together by Tae San. Hence, the password to it of "120930" could be her birthday and the mysterious canisters may be relevant.

I do think Tae San has been leaving clues for Tae Sul to head in the right direction - such as the key and clippings at the old laboratory. The message on Tae Sul's wall is likely written by him too. I believe he knew that Tae Sul would do the opposite and search for the truth.

And, yes, I also agree some things have already changed. When the entry in Seo Hae's diary started to fade away, I know it's because of contact with the waters, but I also hope that it means she doesn't need this message to herself anymore. They all will succeed this time.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

Here’s my theory.  Assuming the Lieutenant (who was marking all the lotto tickets) that Jung was talking to at the convenience store is SH’s dad, he’s young.  So SH would be a child at that time or maybe not even born.  Possibly she could actually be the little girl that wrote the letter to TSul when he was in hospital (but their names are different so I don’t know, maybe she’s not born yet).  Saying she wanted to marry him.  So future SH (older version) jumps back in time.  So does older Jung.  So yes there would be 2 versions of them at that intersect (unless SH hasn’t been born yet).  Both the older version of them and the younger version (if they exist).  So when the guy explained the Time Paradox, it means the memories of their future self and their present self get mixed up.  Maybe that’s why SH doesn’t remember how to eat a banana.  She was too young to remember.  Maybe an infant or toddler in 2020.  Jung came back but conveniently his future self was killed.  I don’t know if it means his present young self will absorb some of his memories as a result so he remembers SH and TSul when he gets taken by the CB.

Eureka!!!

That's why she act weird or like a child ?!!

First thing she say is like that : "PO"

Then, like a child, she think the voice on the phone is Tae Sul.

But... When is she recovering more memory and slowly don't act like a child anymore ?

And what about the wedding dream ? Where this dream come from ?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

That's why she act weird or like a child ?!!

First thing she say is like that : "PO"

Then, like a child, she think the voice on the phone is Tae Sul.

But... When is she recovering more memory and slowly don't act like a child anymore ?

And what about the wedding dream ? Where this dream come from ?

I think the key is what the henchman said to TSul when he asked him about what happens because of the time travel back.  He said their bodies and memories get mixed up and eventually one side disappears.  So SH was having both memories collide when she first arrived.  Her child side and her adult side (from the future).  I would think that if she were primary school she would at least know how to eat a banana.  Which is why I was thinking she’s more like a toddler or younger in 2020?  Don’t know.  I haven’t looked too hard at the timeline and her age.  The number stamped on her arm is her unique ID.  What was the combination on her suitcase?  Is that her birthdate?  Or some other combination?

EDIT - Just checked @packmule3’s timeline (http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2021/02/23/sisyphus-eps-1-2-timelines-for-taesul-and-seohae/) and the combination on SH’s suitcase was 120930. If that’s her birthdate, she’s born in 2012?  That would make her 8 now.  Why then wouldn’t she know how to eat a banana?  Or remember plants?  Or vegetables?  Unless what she was trying to get across when she went to look at the plants growing on the rooftop was more a distant childhood memory?  And that’s why she looked wistful?  Grrr...I wish the writer of this was more meticulous so I didn’t have to worry that it was just an oversight on their part with the dates.

• Like 3

시지프스 감독판 블루레이/디비디 가수요 진행중

가수요 참여는 실구매가 아닌 수요 조사이므로 금전적인 비용이 발생하지않습니다.

추진카페

http://cafe.daum.net/sisyphus-the-myth

Korean TV show 'Sisyphus' Cafe is opened for Blu-ray DVD. If you want to have the actors'commentary, bloopers and behind the scenes with high quality of all episodes, please join our cafe and do the survey.

LINK. http://cafe.daum.net/sisyphus-the-myth

From @sisyphus0217

ImagenImagen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This show is so loosely written and boring 

None of the cast is suited to their roles 

The leads hv ZERO chemistry 

Given now a days the script is becoming crisper and epis of less Duration but here the same RickRoll'D is going on in circles 

This can't be even called story development 

Epis 1 and 2 were still okay 

But 3 and 4 were such a drag 

This is really unfortunate to see such a big budget show being wasted of poor screenplay and pathetic casting 

I give up

I can't even call it my guilty pleasure 

Sweet home and lovestruck in the city were way less budgeted but the script and cast and the chemistry between the characters were so good.. It's unbelievable 

Compared to that this show is a snooze fest 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Abanti Farook said:

The leads hv ZERO chemistry

I stop to read any comment when I find the world "chemistry" into it...

For me, it's like someone yelling "hey I don't have a brain and I will write really stupid things".

And again, Im not disappointed about that...

• Unamused 1
  • LOL 3