[Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth

0ly40

17 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

I was curious about those items in Tae San's suitcase as well. Seo Hae's suitcase also had some peculiar items - a set of canisters filled with blue glowing stuff. Is this why the Control Bureau is after her? They must be critical to the time travel operation or the time traveler(s). 

Whatever the case (heh), the suitcases are significant for each character.  At first, I thought all suitcases has the same setup, but each "cubby" is tailored to specifically hold their personal artifacts. This is weird enough on its own. But then, there are the technical/medical gear that seems to be integral to the smuggling. In Tae San's suitcase, there are different measuring meters and gauges, but Tae Sul doesn't seem particularly interested in those while Seo Hae's glowy pill bottles seem more important. I do wonder if they're asked to smuggle tech from future to the Sung Dong Il character.

After a quick re-watch of the first episode, I think it's interesting that the Uploader flyer ads at the beginning has this slogan: "Those who don't want to live in this world/Those who are left behind in the past, welcome."

This makes me wonder. Who's left behind in the past, why are they being left behind? We assumed that everyone in the future started in the future, what if they actually time traveled forward and were time traveling back instead? Maybe they time traveled to the future to escape the nuclear strike, left a bunch of love ones behind, realized that the future is horrible and would rather take their chances going back?

Is this just badly translated English, or a significant clue?

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote pics. Thanks !
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2

11 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Seo Hae's suitcase also had some peculiar items - a set of canisters filled with blue glowing stuff. Is this why the Control Bureau is after her? They must be critical to the time travel operation or the time traveler(s). 

:lol: great minds think alike. I was just wondering the same thing.  They look to be power cells?  Or batteries?  Did TSan’s have any of them?  I didn’t think so?  She checked them and looked relieved when she found them intact (?), still glowing?  Are they nuclear in nature?  They remind me of the power cell in IronMan for some reason.  :lol:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Chinese pamphlet has bits covered by other pamphlets but from the words that I can read, it says you can negotiate for optional extras like a gun, bullets, medicine.  As for the strange “those who are left behind in the past”.  Assuming Sung SongIl works as a broker so he talks to people in the past (where he is at) and the people in the future (where SeoHae and her dad are).  I guess an example would be someone already made the journey to “safety” in one country trying to get their family smuggled in (who haven’t yet left the war torn country).  They need a “broker” to bridge the gap on their behalf.  It gets complicated because of the time travel element but that’s how I would see it.  Could be totally wrong.  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Check Sisyphus Soompi forum for the first time and glad to see many familiar names @bedifferent @pompyavi @Sleepy Owl @nrllee. Feel like a Secret Forest reunion. :gangnamstyle:

Many brainy members coming up with theories and explanation here. Sci-fi and mystery is my favourite genre, plus CSW and now soompi discussion.  I am excited. Reading your previous discussion and realised I missed many important details. 

Looking forward to E3 and 4, hopefully the execution will be better than the first two. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

JTBC #SisyphusTheMyth Still cuts: #ChoSeungWoo #ParkShinHye

IG https://instagram.com/p/CLk8WnknI1W/?igshid=1gg0h0fc7rtlo FB https://facebook.com/728383530628982/posts/2284045755062744/

caption

신랑 한태술 :heart: 신부 강서해, 우리 결혼했어요!
제발 검은 머리 파뿌리 될 때까지 사랑해 주라…

하나의 세계, 두 개의 미래 <시지프스: the myth>
매주 수목 밤 9시 방송

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Sisyphus The Myth Making Film - Wedding Scene

img.gif