[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Go Ahead 以家人之名

Lynne

6 hours ago, phuong1317 said:

From episode 27-28 preview it shows the difference between LX and ZQ When asking ZQ if he would kiss her out of nowhere (force kiss) he replied of course not id throw u into a freezer so you'd calm down LOL remind me of the scene where JJs EX wanted to kiss and she was so against it

I also saw another clip on Weibo seems to be after the kiss JJ was saying next time don't do that but it looked like she didn't mean it It was such a sugary scene 

Yes ... this scene clearly shows the difference in feelings of LX & ZQ towards JJ.

ZQ reply to JJ question is really that of a brother ... the thought of kissing his little sister JJ is revolting and sick. And the same is with JJ. We can see her reaction to ZQ misguided declaration while grabbing her legs, how JJ was repulsed instantly by the idea. Since the first day they met, ZQ regards JJ as his little sister. Their parents were matchmake but it didn't work out between the adults yet ZQ has already decided and regarded on 1st day, Li papa is his father and JJ is his little sister. JJ & ZQ are quite similar in character.  ZQ is a willing party to be led by JJ for mischievous adventures when they were little like a true siblings. 

LX & JJ are different.  The very first time JJ met LX, she has a immediate crush on LX. She would pester and stick to him like gum. She wants to own him. Like LX said, JJ found/picked him and bring him home. The difference how JJ treats LX and ZQ is that with LX, she obeys and idolise him. LX is his own master. She don't look at and treat LX the same way as ZQ. There's a very subtle difference in treatment that even JJ don't notice. LX has never once regarded JJ as his little sister.  JJ is and has always been that pesky little girl next door who won him over. As for JJ, she panics whenever she thought LX is going away without her.

In Ep 26, the scenes of the boys are so heartbreaking. Both are broken by their mom. JJ is like their life line in their darkness.  One seeks comfort of a sibling while the other seeks comfort in his woman's arms. 

JJ is LX's life - his heaven, his universe, his anchor. Only with JJ, he can breathe and smile and be happy.

JJ to ZQ is a whole family package unit - papa li and JJ. He wants to belong and be integral part of Li family unit. Papa Li is his anchor and heaven. JJ is his beloved pesky little sister that he will protect like a big brother. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Hey guys, I'm new here and apologies if this has been posted already but they've released a few interview videos on the official YouTube channel including a couple interview I guess you could call it.

I'm frustrated because my Mandarin skills are good enough to understand most of the interview but I don't really understand/recognize the word that Song Weilong used to describe Tan Songyun comparison to Li Jian Jian at 0:19
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, fluffyscribbles said:

Hey guys, I'm new here and apologies if this has been posted already but they've released a few interview videos on the official YouTube channel including a couple interview I guess you could call it.I'm frustrated because my Mandarin skills are good enough to understand most of the interview but I don't really understand/recognize the word that Song Weilong used to describe Tan Songyun comparison to Li Jian Jian at 0:19

Below have the english translations.  Hope it helps :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fluffyscribbles said:

Thanks! :) Unfortunately I don't think they translated that moment though :(

Actually JJ (Tan Songyun) gave a brief explanation about the difference between what she felt for Ling Xiao and Ziqiu.  Then Song Wei Long add in the rest as per my clip insertion above.

What you want to know is what Ling Xiao said to JJ at the Kitchen Scene.  Well, I've typed out the  full dialogues for you below:

“When I was in my senior year in high school, I told you I would marry you in the future.

Since then, I’ve made up my mind that I’ll leave you the watermelon core right in the middle,

the rice crust at the bottom of the rice cooker,

the meat on both gills of the fish,

The marrow in the marrow bone,

And the stuffing in steamed buns.

You took me in your house when we were children,

So I am yours

For my whole life.”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

Actually JJ (Tan Songyun) gave a brief explanation about the difference between what she felt for Ling Xiao and Zique.  Then Song Wei Long add in the rest as per my clip insertion above.

What you want to know is what Ling Xiao said to JJ at the Kitchen Scene.  Well, I've typed out the  full dialogues for you below:

“When I was in my senior year in high school, I told you I would marry you in the future.

Since then, I’ve made up my mind that I’ll leave you the watermelon core right in the middle,

the rice crust at the bottom of the rice cooker,

the meat on both gills of the fish,

The marrow in the marrow bone,

And the stuffing in steamed buns.

You took me in your house when we were children,

So I am yours

For my whole life.”

AH my bad I messed up on the timing! It starts at 0:14 with Tan Songyun saying there is no difference exactly the same (when talking about Song Weilong and his character Ling Xiao) and then Song Wei Long says compared to Li Jian Jian she is… And I don’t really understand the last part of his sentence so I was hoping someone could clarify for me. So sorry for all the trouble.

2 hours ago, fluffyscribbles said:

Hey guys, I'm new here and apologies if this has been posted already but they've released a few interview videos on the official YouTube channel including a couple interview I guess you could call it.

I'm frustrated because my Mandarin skills are good enough to understand most of the interview but I don't really understand/recognize the word that Song Weilong used to describe Tan Songyun comparison to Li Jian Jian at 0:19

Interviewer asked about the character they act compared to their personality. 

Tan Songyun:  Exactly the same.

Song Weilong:  Compared to Li JJ, Songyun is more mature and sensible.

(Caption: Are you saying Li JJ is not sensible?)

Song Weilong: (say wrong things) err...I didn't say that. Everyone please go watch the series when aired.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Interviewer asked about the character they act compared to their personality. 

Tan Songyun:  Exactly the same.

Song Weilong:  Compared to Li JJ, Songyun is more mature and sensible.

(Caption: Are you saying Li JJ is not sensible?)

Song Weilong: (say wrong things) err...I didn't say that. Everyone please go watch the series when aired.

Thank you so much! :) I truly appreciate it!

I‘m looking forward to tonight's episodes. Yesterday when Ling Xiao dreamt of his mother - that was the first time he ever showed his weak side to anyone. He always appears strong and calm to everyone. Must be very tiring.  I'm glad JJ was there for him.

He is very confused by his mother's behavior - from when he was a mere 6 years' old till now, 27years.  I'm sure  the coming episodes will reveal to us how he has sufferred

But one thing I must say.  He is a real good Kisser. I always enjoy his kiss scenes.  He is so gentle.  Can't wait for the Tree Kiss:P

• Like 2

I did wonder if he had told JJ the truth about his mother suddenly ok to let him come back. If it is what he said, why then does he have nightmare of his mom coming to look for him? If it is truly peacefully let him go back, he won't have such nightmare and anxiety attacks out of the blue.

I would also like to see the back story of ZQ living overseas for 9 years. We know that he let slip that he worked in a cafe before. Likely he must have been supporting himself for the past 9 years.

• Like 2

I think there is a fight scene we haven't seen yet, before his sister gives him his documents.

3 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I did wonder if he had told JJ the truth about his mother suddenly ok to let him come back. If it is what he said, why then does he have nightmare of his mom coming to look for him? If it is truly peacefully let him go back, he won't have such nightmare and anxiety attacks out of the blue.

I would also like to see the back story of ZQ living overseas for 9 years. We know that he let slip that he worked in a cafe before. Likely he must have been supporting himself for the past 9 years.

10 hours ago, Dundee said:

ZQ’s confession scene was really funny, i cannot stop laughing. The way JJ told ZQ to not tell LX because he’s out of his mind also funny.

:Megalol:

Agree, i hope he realizes this sooner LOL

To me this is the funniest rejection scene! I cry laughing every time I see it. Especially when she breaks out into speech.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I was on youtube just now. So I check out AvenueX's first impression on "Go Ahead".  She literally "fried" "Go Ahead".  According to her, it is a lousy drama and people should not watch it. Well, although based in Canada, she is from China. So I'm not surprised if she didn't like this drama

She disagreed with everything: the love element, all women are bad (Ziqiu's father is obviously not a woman), Ling Xiao is creepy for stealing kisses from a sleeping JJ, etc.. etc.

I left my remarks - under my real name (not hushpuppy).  As far as I'm concerned, Ling Xiao is not creepy. Imagine you were prevented from returning to your sweetheart for 9 long years. And you were also being made to suffer mentally and emotionally.

What would you do when you finally made your escape??  Of course, you would want to rush home to see your sweetheart, to hold her, to kiss her and to tell her how much you miss and love her, isn't it.  What is so "creepy" about it?

That he can made it this far, is all because he has JJ.  She is not only his Universe, but also his Oxygen - his reason to carry on living

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

I was on youtube just now. So I check out AvenueX's first impression on "Go Ahead".  She literally "fried" "Go Ahead".  According to her, it is a lousy drama and people should not watch it. Well, although based in Canada, she is from China. So I'm not surprised if she didn't like this drama

She disagreed with everything: the love element, all women are bad (Ziqiu's father is obviously not a woman), Ling Xiao is creepy for stealing kisses from a sleeping JJ, etc.. etc.

I left my remarks - under my real name (not hushpuppy).  As far as I'm concerned, Ling Xiao is not creepy. Imagine you were prevented from returning to your sweetheart for 9 long years. And you were also being made to suffer mentally and emotionally.

What would you do when you finally made your escape??  Of course, you would want to rush home to see your sweetheart, to hold her, to kiss her and to tell her how much you miss and love her, isn't it.  What is so "creepy" about it?

That he can made it this far, is all because he has JJ.  She is not only his Universe, but also his Oxygen - his reason to carry on living

I think the idea of a dead beat mom is troubling for people. Moms are sacred for people. Also the labels people have given the drama whether it's a "Family Drama" or "Romance Drama" are keeping people from just enjoying a good story. 

Ling Xian is an aggressive character, he technically should not have kissed her when she was asleep, but he did apologise. But as the viewer we don't need characters to be perfect. They are suppose to make mistakes, that's what makes it a story, picking apart every action and than expecting perfect characters makes for a boring story.

I'm loving this drama. I am also enjoying everyones' opinion about it. I think a story that can stir this many people and push this much discussion is a good thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

For someone who lives in Canada, she sure is very prejudiced about this drama. She didn't even try to understand what this drama is all about and just bashed it. This drama is a whole lot better than some of the fluffy fluffy romance drama out there with no substance and sucks.

I have seen so many C drama n K drama that the guys kissed the women they like while they were sleeping and some even forcefully kissed them (really forceful kiss) until the women submit to their kisses. So the kiss that LX gave to JJ while she's asleep is seriously nothing compared to what I have seen so far. The kiss we are going to see tonight is such a gentle kiss. JJ didnt even resist or push him away. 

LX is definitely not creepy. He is actually a saint - to be able to hold it in and keep it to himself for so long. He only panic and act out due to the threat of JJ getting herself a bf and if he don't do anything now, JJ might just go out and get herself another bf. :joy: I have seen creepier ML in Cdrama.:joy:

So did a lot of people leave positive comments about the drama on her youtube channel? 

Sometimes these youtubers just give nasty review on drama to gain more clicks and attention ... to induce people to comment on her channel.  

I can see on youtube that this drama is super like and popular with people. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

Ling Xiao is creepy for stealing kisses from a sleeping JJ, etc.. etc.

Stealing kisses is a pretty a common trope in romance dramas/stories, it's cute when it's your otp and you know they love each other. BUT, when JJ is still confused/unsure about her feelings, it's not consensual to kiss her, that's why it's creepy. Imagine if JJ didn't actually return his feelings, a lot of his actions would be uncomfortable. I think the writer could really smooth out the switch from family drama to romance drama, take a little more time maybe, it'd be way less jarring and much easier to accept. 

It's entirely fair that you disagree with AvenueX, she didn't like some of the dramas I like, she loves dramas I couldn't really get into, but it's just different strokes for different folks. I'd note that, even for dramas she does like, she tends to be much more critical of dramas compared to the general audience, because that's entirely what her impressions/reviews are for. Can we avoid making assumptions about her or generalise a large group of people just because she didn't like the drama? Like imply that living in Canada means she should be more open or the fact she's from China means she won't like the drama, it's just her opinion.

2 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

So did a lot of people leave positive comments about the drama on her youtube channel? 

Sometimes these youtubers just give nasty review on drama to gain more clicks and attention ... to induce people to comment on her channel.  

I can see on youtube that this drama is super like and popular with people. 

@cheekychipmunk_stv  Actually more negative than positive remarks.  And these are international viewers.  As usual the points raised are mysogynist, incest, how a family drama turns into love or idol drama, how the 2 guys can return at the same time...    Very petty factors.  She also scare away a lot of "would be viewers".  There are one or two people who disagree - just like me.

The craziest thing is, AvenueX herself only watched until ep 10. She abandoned it when the Love factor sets in. So how can she said LX's stolen kiss is creepy?  She is basing her opinions on some preview video clips. Which makes it even more prejudicial and unacceptable

• Like 1

I just finished eps 27 & 28.  So basically JJ has accepted LX as her boyfriend already. JJ has cleared things with ZQ and LX has cleared things with MY.  

Just when everything is going along well, LX's mother called.  So tomorrow the Drama Queen will be back:wacko:

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Preview for ep 29-30! Finally JJ accepted LX as boyfriend! :highonflowers:

JJ: You are not angry?

LX: 27 seconds

JJ: What is 27 seconds?

LX: Your boyfriend was angry for 27 seconds before you come in.

JJ: Boyfriend?

JJ: Oh, correct, correct, correct, boyfriend. Yes, yes, yes, boyfriend.

• Like 2
  • Love 1