[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Go Ahead 以家人之名

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I admit I am sensitive to LX situation. I know what it's like to be blamed for things I had very little control over. I know what it means to be in a toxic family. I've seen how hard it is on caregive

I was so disheartened by the attitude of someone in this thread, that I could not make any more posts.  But I just have to "share" the following pieces of informations with you all:   Piece

Just want to share this with everyone.   In ep 20, after finding out about Ling Xiao's insomnia,  JJ & MY decorated his room - so that he will feel more relaxed.  JJ placed a "Book" against his pi

Can't wait for the storm to come. I'll translate the video from 8:07 to 9:45.

LX: I'm sorry for yesterday. I didn't control myself.

LX: But you should understand what I mean. You think about it.

LX: Anyway I don't care. From today onwards, you have to change your way of thinking, treat me as a man.

JJ: Calm down first. I'll consider. I'll consider.

LX: Ok. You apply on your legs. I'll go back for a shower first. You sleep early. 

JJ: Quickly come over! Help me apply this ointment.

JJ: I still feel more comfortable with you

ZQ: Li Jianjian, discuss something with you. See if you agree or not. 

JJ: Say it.

ZQ: I want to be your boyfriend.

JJ: Yah!

ZQ: Listen to me first! I have already thought about it very clearly. 

JJ: He Ziqiu, are you crazy? How can I calm down? I treat you as my brother, you want to have a baby with me!

ZQ: Try to find some time, think about it and adapt to it. 

JJ: Then do I have to often go home with you? Thank you!

ZQ: You are welcome.

JJ: The storm is coming.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
9 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Hmm...did I missed that scene? ..where JJ pulled ZQ shorts down

I don't think I missed any scene while watching. Did it get cut off from the episode?

I've been wondering too, I think the scene might be a flashback, it seems too funny to be cut off :joy:

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Isrin said:

I've been wondering too, I think the scene might be a flashback, it seems too funny to be cut off :joy:

Hi  @cheekychipmunk_stv  & @Isrin, You did not miss out anything. They are flashbacks.  There will be flashbacks as we go along.  I just finished ep 20. Mingyue is so irritating. She kept disillusion herself into thinking that Ling Xiao is interested. Ling Xiao is going back to Singapore to tidy up some loose-ends.  Waiting impatiently for the 2 eps tmrw.  Should be interesting

• Like 1

Ahh cant wait for ep 18!!!

They three are starting back to have a comfortable state, not ackward anymore, love it! 

20 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Ling Xiao has been unhappy during the nine years in Singapore. He took two years off his studies to take care of his mother.  That's why he graduated later. Chen Ting was in a bad state of mind and often beat and kicked Ling Xiao. That is how his shoulder-scar came into being. Chen Ting is not a qualified mother. 

22 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

No. ZQ came home after his dad finally managed to produce his own offspring with his current wife. However we do not know if ZQ suffered under his father's treatment during these 9 years. Basically ZQ got thrown away again by his parent once his father got child with his wife.

Omg! So I think both ZQ and LX have miserable 9 years that made them not coming back home all those years, they dont want to make LHC and LJJ sad. Prepare lots of tissues for their moment of truth! 

I think this is the first drama with transforming plot from family drama into romance drama yeah??

• Like 2

Love the child actors, especially the little ling xiao, his eyes really look like Song Weilong. 

4c0fb60cc9528a4044a0412867f7cfdd.jpg

bcd4248e4fbc492abc0a09.png

8414873b295440be8655f000dcae68cb

26 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

Hi  @cheekychipmunk_stv  & @Isrin, You did not miss out anything. They are flashbacks.  There will be flashbacks as we go along.  I just finished ep 20. Mingyue is so irritating. She kept disillusion herself into thinking that Ling Xiao is interested. Ling Xiao is going back to Singapore to tidy up some loose-ends.  Waiting impatiently for the 2 eps tmrw.  Should be interesting

You can't blame her. In ep 20, Ling Xiao told his colleague (the female dentist) that the girl he likes is 2 years his junior in the same high school. And this female dentist in turn divulge it to Mingyue when she went for her dental check-up (this female dentist is also interested in LX and trying to find out more info from Mingyue). When Mingyue shared this news with Jianjian and asked who she think might be the girl Ling Xiao likes, Jianjian stated as a matter of fact that it must be Mingyue (since Ling Xiao did not interact with any other girls other than her, and Jianjian would never imagine that her brother likes her).

In the upcoming ep, Mingyue finally make the first moves since she also thought that she must be the girl that Ling Xiao is referring to. Check out the clip below!

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:4540817411604496?from=old_pc_videoshow

• Like 3
  • Love 1

New preview

I can't stand LX mom. She is bloody awful. 

She threw him away when he was little and made no contact with him till she had another child and if the kid didn't ask for the brother, doubt she will ever made the first move to contact him. Now that he has grown up,  she wants to control and bind him to her. She even dare to open her mouth to send him on a guilt trip. LX should harden his heart n leave. How dare she keep his passport.  Why can't he just report passport lost n make anew one?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

OMG the mom is so toxic :crazy:,  but why the mom still stays abroad, i mean at first she moved there because of her husband, why didn’t she come back home after she got well if she didn’t want to separate with LX.

Anyway i think the way LX’s little sister spoke to JJ is quite rude, i expect after she’s grown up she could understand the situation better and understand her brother’s affection to LHC and JJ, it seems she doesn’t change at all and still think JJ and LHC snatched away her brother. I hope it because no one tell her the real story or her mother lied to her, if it’s not then this girl is as selfish and ungrateful as her mother, i really hope she changed for the better. 

2 hours ago, libra22 said:

In the upcoming ep, Mingyue finally make the first moves since she also thought that she must be the girl that Ling Xiao is referring to. Check out the clip below!

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:4540817411604496?from=old_pc_videoshow

LOL MY, LX need to resolve the misunderstanding as soon as possible LOL

• Like 3
2 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

New preview

I can't stand LX mom. She is bloody awful. 

Yeah she get that from her mom aka LX's grandmother who always complain to her, what a toxic behaviour! Thx God LX has his dad n LHC's family!

• Like 4
9 hours ago, HopelesslyHooked said:

What a hilarious and heartwarming drama this is, despite all the soul-wrenching scenes.

I' m dying to see how the drama ends, but I dread to see it end! Such a dilemma. :confounded:

Somehow i really love Zhang XinCheng crying acting lol, he really did cry all out and it is so contagious :bawling:

Just watched the recent few episodes & enjoyed them. I don't know why some people are feeling a drag in the show. The show I think is settled now in the main phase. Epi 1- 10 were the setup epis for the characters & relationships. I am glad that the show chose to do a linear timeline progression instead of the non-linear with flashbacks style. This has allowed the audience to connect & understand the characters a great deal. Now is the main storyline being played out. Also I think another reason that some people are feeling the drag is because they want the story to already show the milestones that are already shown in the ost's & previews. But I myself am enjoying the journey of these characters & enjoying the plot.

I am glad that the trio are back to their oldselves somewhat in only 3-4 episodes. The reconciliation was not stretched & I get warm fuzzies seeing them acting so familiar with eachother. The dining table confrontation scene was great & it was really required for LJJ to vent her anger. It also highlighted the difference in how LX & ZQ act & are affected by LJJ. 

ZQ was complaining about her BF by pointing out his flaws but he wasn't going off on LJJ. But LX just exploded on LJJ by not only listing her BF's faults but also questioning her own sense of understanding. That is why LJJ also blasted off. In the aftermath, LX left the dining table, gave her the silent treatment, didn't go behind her to apologize but ZQ still continued eating with her, almost pleaded with her to not abandon him & continued making her breakfast each morning silently.

That is why ZQ & LJJ can never be a couple. The power imbalance is too strong between them with ZQ being grateful to her & LJJ getting frustrated because she doesn't feel he owes her anything. Its potential is zero because they both genuinely treat each other like siblings. ZQ might get confused for a while because of his friend's advice for achieving familial relationship with Li Ba & LJJ but will he develop any genuine romantic feelings for LJJ remains to be seen. 

LX & LJJ on the other hand have a more balanced relationship. They take care of each other, are protective and possessive but they also have their differences once in awhile. They are not afraid of upsetting each other. Also LX has always just loved her more like a boyfriend. LJJ on the other hand has never experienced romantic love. Her relationship with Shuran is based on mutual respect for art & she doesn't even behave with him in a romantic manner. So she is very naive & it will take time for her to see LX in a romantic light. She herself has never been shown to think of LX in a romantic light but I do believe that once LX's feelings for her are clear to her she will not take time to return his feelings because their relationship always had this underlying romantic sparks.

I am enjoying TC's character currently. She has really grown on me as LJJ's friend. Though her timing for pranking is not at all great but she is a character who is very straightforward. What you see is what you get with her. I like her loyalty to LJJ.

I don't know how I feel about MY's character now but my feelings for her are veering into dislike territory. I understand that she has a crush on LX & how she could misunderstand that he also has interest in her based on the half baked info received from that Dr. Feng. But that is the problem- she is perceiving LX has feelings for her based on one single line information received from basically a stranger to her. Earlier it was shown that she understands the reality that she herself is in a one-sided crush with LX. But slowly she has started behaving more actively towards him. She always takes LX's side in everything even though she is LJJ's friend first. She had started to see herself as his girlfriend & future wife even before she received the info from LX's colleague. These scenes made me question her friendship with LJJ sincr highschool because she is coming across as one of those manipulative girls who only befriend a girl to get to her brother. 

I don't understand where her confidence is coming from because LX has never acted or said anything to her that shows that he has feelings for her. He has always talked only about LJJ with her. I don't think he even considers her as his friend. She is only LJJ's friend to him. Also I don't know how she has not yet realised that LX has feelings for LJJ because she is the one who knows that he has been secretly keeping tabs on LJJ through her. She sees how he treats LJJ & covets those actions but on another side passes those actions off as brotherly.  

I am waiting for LX to immediately bring her back down to earth from her delusions once he gets to know her feelings for him. He is so open about his feelings for LJJ that I don't think he will allow MY to have any misunderstanding regarding their relationship. It will be interesting to see how she handles herself after that. I do hope that she always has been a true friend to LJJ & will not behave negatively against her.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Well, LX probably would never expected that the conversation between him and FXX would reach to MY LOL, hence MY telling JJ, and JJ also concur that the one LX like is MY LOL.

LX is quite a sly by brainwashing JJ’s boyfriend to break up, since he cannot persuade JJ :lol:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Somehow i cannot put it in the spoiler box

• LOL 1

Can you blame him? He isn't even on 1st base yet and JJ declared that she has a boyfriend.  Hahaha ... LX went on a panic n jealousy mode. He still has to settle his psycho mother n possessive sister. He is running short on time. So many things to do before that boyfriend score a 2nd base with JJ. He has to prevent that boy's lips from touching his precious JJ.

:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
45 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Can you blame him? He isn't even on 1st base yet and JJ declared that she has a boyfriend.  Hahaha ... LX went on a panic n jealousy mode. He still has to settle his psycho mother n possessive sister. He is running short on time. So many things before that boyfriend even score a 2nd base with JJ. He has to prevent that boy's lips from touching his precious JJ.

I agree.. the guy is on a jealous mode.. haha.. 

• LOL 1

Another preview EP 22

Omg!!!

Spoiler

Oh my, oh my .... LX did indeed kissed her on her lips once. The 2nd time, he hesitated and was caught by JJ. Hahaha ... her reaction is super cute n funny.  That's really a realistic reaction. :joy:

And yes ... LX-JJ song "You are my everything " came on when LX kissed JJ.

Oh dear, MY saw LX kissed JJ. Hope she will not accused JJ of stealing LX from her or hate JJ or accuse JJ of pretending not knowing that LX likes her and yet JJ tried to matchmake her with LX

I so wanna smack the little sister but I'm so for her in dissing her mom. They should just let the mom rot. She has zero sympathy. 

Preview ep 23?

Spoiler

ZQ mom is really horrible person. I hope JJ father don't end up with her. She is so selfish.

Poor ZQ have lousy parents.  Lucky he got Papa Li.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Go Ahead 以家人之名