[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Go Ahead 以家人之名

Lynne

It hurt when he found out about JJ and LX relationship u can be mad at how LX dealt with the argument don't yell at the actor 

Spoiler

From this point it seems like the drama is going to be dealing with the two brothers serious issue like with LX depression him saying he only has JJ in his world without her he'll drown and ZQ with his mom and money issues I’m not saying anything bad about ZQ but y is it everywhere only LX is being yelled at in comment sections 

I really can’t help it and go on comment section on Weibo and it hurts my heart when ppl r yelling at LX saying he is becoming his mom he isn’t this is just part of the drama he is going to have to go see a psychologist and figure it out don’t just judge him ppl r so impatient he has gone through a lot for 9 years he wasn’t like this before he left to Singapore  Previews for next episode 

Spoiler

• Sad 1

Both brothers are so screwed up by their parents and it's so sad. 

ZQ has abandonment issues and needs a sense of belonging for security.

LX's issues are more problematic.  It goes all the way back to when he was 6:

- witnessed his sister slowly dying in front of him and was never treated psychologically for it.

- his mom load that guilt burden of his dead sister onto him

- father avoid the responsibility of looking after his wife depression and left it to little LX to deal with his mom psychotic mood swings and depression.

- LX tried to be an independent and sensible boy to please his mom but his mom told him she don't want him anymore and gave him away to JJ like an unwanted toy.  

- LX never shows to anyone what he really think or feel. He just put an image of the boy LX that everyone thinks and expects him to be.

- he was sent off to look after his disabled mom at 18. Again his father avoid responsibility of a father. He let LX choose. LX again do what is expected of him by everyone. 

- 9 years of hell from his psychotic mom and needy sister.

All these years he was never treated. LX has been broken since 6 years old. He was further splintered @ 18 living 9 years with his mom. I'm amazed he managed stay alive and sane still. I guess he would have committed suicide if he didn't daydream of JJ and going home. The recent events between the 2 brothers and JJ together with calls from his mom pushes him to the brink. He is slowly cracking and he starts to show a bit of his mom psychotic moods. His mom is playing psychological games with him. She will call him now and then pretending all nice and friendly ... but is just to remind him that she is not faraway and he can never escape her clutches no matter where he is.  She mental torture him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

13 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Both brothers are so screwed up by their parents and it's so sad. 

ZQ has abandonment issues and needs a sense of belonging for security.

LX's issues are more problematic.  It goes all the way back to when he was 6:

- witnessed his sister slowly dying in front of him and was never treated psychologically for it.

- his mom load that guilt burden of his dead sister onto him

- father avoid the responsibility of looking after his wife depression and left it to little LX to deal with his mom psychotic mood swings and depression.

- LX tried to be an independent and sensible boy to please his mom but his mom told him she don't want him anymore and gave him away to JJ like an unwanted toy.  

- LX never shows to anyone what he really think or feel. He just put an image of the boy LX that everyone thinks and expects him to be.

- he was sent off to look after his disabled mom at 18. Again his father avoid responsibility of a father. He let LX choose. LX again do what is expected of him by everyone. 

- 9 years of hell from his psychotic mom and needy sister.

All these years he was never treated. The recent events between the 2 brothers and JJ together with calls from his mom pushes him to the brink. He is slowly cracking and he starts to show a bit of his mom psychotic moods. His mom is playing psychological games with him. She will call him now and then pretending all nice and friendly ... but is just to remind him that she is not faraway and he can never escape her clutches no matter where he is.  She mental torture him. 

I agree with all that u say that’s y I don’t understand netizens when they can empathize with ZQ but will curse at LX both r sad characters with different set of problems u can feel for both don’t have to choose sides I’m curious how they r going to deal with LX psychological issues will they show him with a psychologist I think with ZQ he’s going to deal with his problems by talking it out with his mom and JJ dad will help out a lot too I’m excited to see what happens next

• Like 1

After the latest episode, I really want to see HZQ with TC together, and I have a feeling that's where the writers are going. It'll be fun to see those two go from bickering with each other to complaining about their problems to each other to consoling each other to finding out they actually kind of like each other.

• Like 1

Im not sure if it’s because China doesn’t take mental health seriously or what but ppl r so nasty to LX on Weibo calling him just like his mom cursing at him asking if he knew if it was toxic y did he stay with his mom I’m like he just needs psychological help he never got over his little sisters death plus took care of his mom and sister because there was no one else and became depressed and has insomnia which also made him insecure because he’s scared he’ll lose JJ his last shining light there r plenty of ppl who have depression that look perfect on the outside like my mom in the past always trying to show everyone everything is fine but inside it’s not had to have so many argument  to get her to see a psychologist and it helped Maybe that’s y I can relate I really need to stay off of Weibo I don’t know y I signed up it’s like Facebook and Twitter all over again addicting and anger inducing

I also understand ppl love ZQ I love him too he’s a standout in the drama his scene brings me to tears but it doesn’t mean u have to be mean to others to prove he’s a better actor everyone is different plus SWL (LX) is the youngest of the group he is doing a good job

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phuong1317 said:

Im not sure if it’s because China doesn’t take mental health seriously or what but ppl r so nasty to LX on Weibo calling him just like his mom cursing at him asking if he knew if it was toxic y did he stay with his mom I’m like he just needs psychological help he never got over his little sisters death plus took care of his mom and sister because there was no one else and became depressed and has insomnia which also made him insecure because he’s scared he’ll lose JJ his last shining light there r plenty of ppl who have depression that look perfect on the outside like my mom in the past always trying to show everyone everything is fine but inside it’s not had to have so many argument  to get her to see a psychologist and it helped Maybe that’s y I can relate I really need to stay off of Weibo I don’t know y I signed up it’s like Facebook and Twitter all over again addicting and anger inducing

I also understand ppl love ZQ I love him too he’s a standout in the drama his scene brings me to tears but it doesn’t mean u have to be mean to others to prove he’s a better actor everyone is different plus SWL (LX) is the youngest of the group he is doing a good job

No, I think first people just like to hate...whether it's the character or the actor who plays the character that they are not fond of. Second, I think most dramas don't really delve deep into issues like this, the characters' deep seeded problems are usually glossed over. They also skim over his 9 year stay in Singapore so quickly to move the story along that it's easy not to take into account everything he's been through. Not taking mental health seriously is a problem throughout Asia.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phuong1317 said:

It's nothing to do with acting skills.  Everything Song Wei Long does is never right. Because most viewers are very biased and already have a fixated concept of him.  And once people has decided that you are like that, they will keep on harping on it, never allowing you to progress.

They don't like SWL because according to the internet gossips, he falls in love too many times in the past. He was an internet model  when he was 14, 15 years old. Before he was scouted to be an actor. So there were some romantic Micro-Movies produced by his internet marketing company. Viewers take them to be true. So they were always prejudiced against him. Saying he was a play-boy.  All the ladies were much older than him anyway

Next they jumped on his education. He decided not to pursue college education because he wants to help his family.

He comes from a harmonious but poor family. Which was why he chose work over education.

Basically society is still very conservative, cruel and materialistic. If he comes from a well-to-do family and has a college education, I assure you the audience's perception of him will be different

For me, SWL's acting is alright. He is natural. Besides, I never like "Over-Acting" - too much facial or physical expressions.   If he were to act cheerful like JJ or more expressive like ZXC, then his character-role  is not Ling Xiao already. 

Everyone's acting has their own characteristics. Which is why we can differentiate each actor or actress according to their unique acting styles

You are on Weibo.  So you should know that Teacher Sui Lan from Beijing Acting Academy is also watching this drama. She is impressed by SWL's acting and invited him to join her class

And for that, she was also attacked in Weibo

• Like 2
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, phuong1317 said:

I agree with all that u say that’s y I don’t understand netizens when they can empathize with ZQ but will curse at LX both r sad characters with different set of problems u can feel for both don’t have to choose sides I’m curious how they r going to deal with LX psychological issues will they show him with a psychologist I think with ZQ he’s going to deal with his problems by talking it out with his mom and JJ dad will help out a lot too I’m excited to see what happens next

I think netzien can easily identify and sympathize with ZQ is because ZQ has always shown/display a need of belonging and security in the drama. However for LX, he has depression that netziens can't see or identify and it's harder for them to sympathize because he throughout the drama, LX behaves normally and looks normal. But if we were to analyse it deeper, we will note that since as young as 6, he doesn't have any friends.  His world to escape from the chaos is books. Then JJ came into his world. She is like a lifeline thrown to him. After his mother abandoned him, he only sticks to JJ. He doesn't display any emotion. His dad just work work work leaving LX alone and in JJ father care. LX still appears normal. I find it strange that Ling Papa never find it strange that his son has no friends of his own since young and has no display of emotion after his mother left him. We don't even see him crying. How can it be normal for a teenager to have no friends of his own? And LX doesn't talk much. He just observes like he always did since he was 6. He observes and then he behaves accordingly to the environment. 

When his mom got into an accident and his grandmother died, he was thrown into guilt trip again. He doesn't want to go see his mom but he went because he felt pressured to do. Then he was pressured to look after his mom for 9 long years. No one sent a rescue ship to him. He finally had to lie to escape her because he can't take it anymore. He can't breathe anymore.  If he doesn't leave, he will sink like he said to JJ "If you dont grab hold of my hand, I will sink" and to MY "When I can't take it anymore, I would call you and asked you about JJ and what she is up to ... and this helps me to pull through." If JJ had maintained contact with LX during those 9 years, he wouldn't be in this bad shape. He never told anyone that he had nightmares about his sister when he was young and now he has nightmare about his mom coming after him and never letting him go.

Depression is scary and a silent killer because people who suffers from it, don't necessarily display it. They can behave and go about their lives normally and they can even outwardly behave as if they are happy. Hence we see a lot of actors/singers committing suicides due to depression. 

This drama is seriously a gem. It deals with a lot of issues that normally we don't see in a drama. It raises awareness of the society faced today. 

LX is finally going to see a psychologist and be treated for his depression. ZQ problem is easy to solve. He just need to confront and trash it out with his mom and his mom needs to be honest with him. It seems like his little step brother might be autistic. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

It's nothing to do with acting skills.  Everything Song Wei Long does is never right. Because most viewers are very biased and already have a fixated concept of him.  And once people decided that you are like that, they will keep on harping on it, never allowing you to progress.

They don't like SWL because according to the internet gossips, he falls in love too many times in the past. He was an internet model  when he was 14, 15 years old. Before he was scouted to be an actor. So there were some romantic Micro-Movies produced by his internet marketing company. Viewers take them to be true. So they always prejudiced against him. Saying he was a play-boy.  All the ladies were much older than him anyway

Next they jumped on his education. He decided not to pursue college education because he wants to help his family.

He comes from a harmonious but poor family. Which was why he chose work over education.

Basically society is still very conservative and prejudicial.  If he comes from a well-to-do family and has a college education, I assure you the audience's perception of him will be different

For me, SWL's acting is alright. He is natural. Besides, I never like "Over-Acting" - too much facial or physical expressions.   If he were to act cheerful like JJ or more expressive like ZXC, then his character-role  is not Ling Xiao already. 

Everyone's acting has their own characteristics. Which is why we can differentiate each actor or actress according to their unique acting styles

You are on Weibo.  So you should know that Teacher Sui Lan from Beijing Acting Academy is also watching this drama. She is impressed by SWL's acting and inviting him to join her class

And for that, she was also attached in Weibo

Thanks for telling me all that I didn’t know his background i agree every character is different how do they want him to act that’s his character as an international fan I was wondering y all the anger was only on Weibo even twitter the land of the angry ppl weren’t at all that mean (probably because it’s not available in China) people have to do thing to survive there r plenty of ppl unable to afford college and do it later no need to look down on them hopefully he doesn’t internalize all the negativity

I’m happy there is someone expressing positive encouragement to SWL it’s becoming too much and uncalled for it’s sad she got attacked but I could see that happening I made a comment not even mean got yelled at for nothing calm down ppl hopefully she meant what she said he Joins her class it’d be a good experience 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

LX is finally going to see a psychologist and be treated for his depression. ZQ problem is easy to solve. He just need to confront and trash it out with his mom and his mom needs to be honest with him. It seems like his little step brother might be autistic. 

@cheekychipmunk_stv  which is why i said before:

- those critics want SWL to act the way they want. Not the way he should

- that Ling Xiao's father is wrong also. He only want to escape from his family problems. Never seek medical help for them. He only provides a home for them. But never fulfil the role of a husband or father.

Like he gives JJ's father monthly expenses for the food. But no fatherly guidance for Ling Xiao.  Which is why I said from the beginning, Ling Xiao's role is the most pitiful.

Most audience only see what they want. Few will delve into the inner and deeper layers of an issue.

Zhang Xin Cheng is a very shrewd person.  He knew which role will garner more of the audience' affections and therefore helps in his popularity.  Also as one of the Producers, he can choose the role he wants. He has more say

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

It's nothing to do with acting skills.  Everything Song Wei Long does is never right. Because most viewers are very biased and already have a fixated concept of him.  And once people decided that you are like that, they will keep on harping on it, never allowing you to progress.

They don't like SWL because according to the internet gossips, he falls in love too many times in the past. He was an internet model  when he was 14, 15 years old. Before he was scouted to be an actor. So there were some romantic Micro-Movies produced by his internet marketing company. Viewers take them to be true. So they were always prejudiced against him. Saying he was a play-boy.  All the ladies were much older than him anyway

Basically society is still very conservative, cruel and materialistic. If he comes from a well-to-do family and has a college education, I assure you the audience's perception of him will be different

You are on Weibo.  So you should know that Teacher Sui Lan from Beijing Acting Academy is also watching this drama. She is impressed by SWL's acting and invited him to join her class

And for that, she was also attacked in Weibo

I read somewhere SWL attended the famous martial art school, isn’t that good ? I have watched the documentary of the school it’s quite awesome

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phuong1317 said:

Thanks for telling me all that I didn’t know his background i agree every character is different how do they want him to act that’s his character as an international fan I was wondering y all the anger was only on Weibo even twitter the land of the angry ppl weren’t at all that mean (probably because it’s not available in China) people have to do thing to survive there r plenty of ppl unable to afford college and do it later no need to look down on them hopefully he doesn’t internalize all the negativity

@phuong1317  Of course part of it is also because of ZXC's fans.  I'm sure you know how crazy some (not all) of these fans are. They are very extreme in defending their favoured "stars".  They will spread unfounded rumours about their favourites' competitors. So never believe everything you read in weibo or the internet. (I'm not a subscriber of weibo anyway)

54 minutes ago, Dundee said:

I read somewhere SWL attended the famous martial art school, isn’t that good ? I have watched the documentary of the school it’s quite awesome

@Dundee  Oh yes. SWL was there for a year when he was only 9years' old then.   Very tough training.  He developed the six-packs after the training - at 9 years' old, and won 1 Gold, 3 Silver in the local Martial Arts competition in Dalian. He was hooked on Kung Fu after watching one of Jet Li's videos.  I hope he will film a Martial Arts drama or movie one day

• Like 1

There's a clip where the Director of this drama praised Song Weilong. He said SWL is a very takented actor. Though he didn't have any formal acting training like other actors, he is able to grasp what I want from him for the character immediately and act out exactly what I want. It is very rare and a true talent. 

People are against him because he doesn't fit the idol star category nor the young 20 something stars we see in lots of drama. SWL looks very mature for his age and he will look more and more handsome as he grows older. And he is handsome in a unique way ... not those typical flower boy handsome looks. Plus the fact that he went from unknown to famous on the charts so suddenly that people are just looking for something to hate him for.

People who just simply take someone to hate just because he/she is good looking and got talent (these artists work hard for it but of course netizens can't see it. They only see n feel these artists have a rosy life) are typically people who has problems in their life ie. they didn't have what these artists have and they wish they have. Entertainment line is a very tough line. There are lots of dirty dealings behind the scene. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Ada klip dimana sutradara drama ini memuji Song Weilong. Dia berkata SWL adalah aktor yang sangat tekun. Meskipun dia tidak memiliki pelatihan akting formal seperti aktor lain, dia dapat memahami apa yang saya inginkan darinya untuk karakter tersebut dengan segera dan bertindak persis seperti yang saya inginkan. Ini sangat langka dan bakat sejati. 

Orang-orang menentangnya karena dia tidak cocok dengan kategori bintang idola atau 20 bintang muda yang kita lihat di banyak drama. SWL terlihat sangat dewasa untuk usianya dan dia akan terlihat semakin tampan seiring bertambahnya usia. Dan dia tampan dengan cara yang unik ... bukan tampang tampan pada umumnya. Ditambah fakta bahwa dia berubah dari tidak dikenal menjadi terkenal di tangga lagu begitu tiba-tiba sehingga orang-orang hanya mencari sesuatu untuk dibencinya.

Orang yang hanya mengambil seseorang untuk dibenci hanya karena dia tampan dan punya bakat (artis ini bekerja keras untuk itu tapi tentu saja netizen tidak bisa melihatnya. Mereka hanya melihat dan merasa artis ini memiliki kehidupan yang cerah) biasanya orang-orang yang memiliki masalah dalam hidup mereka yaitu. mereka tidak memiliki apa yang dimiliki para seniman ini dan mereka ingin memilikinya. Jalur hiburan adalah jalur yang sangat sulit. Ada banyak urusan kotor di balik layar. 

Oh,  where i can see that? 

and since the first time I saw it in the teaser clip beautifull reborn flower, SWL does give off that vibe. Calm, mature and reliable which is rare for most young actors (I don't mean anything bad here, it's just that many young actors have handsome and gentle faces with angelic images). And yes, she actually looks a little melancholic.

3 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

There's a clip where the Director of this drama praised Song Weilong. He said SWL is a very takented actor. Though he didn't have any formal acting training like other actors, he is able to grasp what I want from him for the character immediately and act out exactly what I want. It is very rare and a true talent. 

@cheekychipmunk_stv  Of course.  

1) The Director of "Go Ahead" has worked with Song Wei Long before in the drama - "Find Yourself" which was screened in February this year. It was a Hit.  So he invited Song Wei Long to star in "Go Ahead".  (That was the First time I saw him - in "Find Yourself", and I was very Impressed)

If SWL's acting is not good, do you think this Director will use him again? 

He was only 20 years old when he filmed "Go Ahead". And Ling Xiao is a very deep and complicated role. The actor has to dig deep into the role - without Lines most of the time. The Director would not have casted him if he has no confidence in his abilities

2) When he was 17years' old, he was also scouted by a famous Taiwanese Director, who invited him to film the Movie:  "Love The Way You Are" with Vivian Sung.  He won 2 awards because of that Movie.

The Taiwanese Director said he has been observing Song Wei Long in the internet for some time. He was impressed and decided on him for that Movie.  The Douban Score for that Award-Winning Movie was low too.  It was recently Screened in South Korea in May 2020.  They interviewed the Taiwanese Director and again he praised Song Wei Long and would want to work with him again.

Song Wei Long is very much loved in South Korea. 

His movie "Love The Way You Are" was screened there.  "In A Class Of Her Own" will be screened there too.  South Korea bought the broadcasting rights to "Go Ahead" even before it premieres and it will be screened there this November.  But the majority of the people of China cruxify him like crazy

3) And now Teacher Sui Lan of Beijing Film Academy also praised him

4) He did Not ask to be an Actor. He was scouted when he was only 16 years old and persuaded to be an actor.

It seems only the Experts value him.

• Like 2

I haven't posted in Soompi for a while but felt compelled to write something because I really feel for Ling Xiao.

It's no surprise that he has depression given his past history. This is someone who, at a very young age, was blamed for the death of his sister by his own mom. Someone who had to see his mom slipping into depression and saw the many quarrels by his parents. I am pretty sure he felt that his mom's depression and the quarrels were due to him. Remember Ling Ba told Li Ba that LX used to be a happy outgoing child and not quiet like how he was when they moved to the apartment above JJ's apt? He was already affected mentally at that time but nothing was being done for him. It was thanks to JJ who persistently try to get him to open up before he slowly became normal again... well almost normal. He was still quiet but he opened up to ZQ and JJ.

Even when they were in high school, he was only comfortable around ZQ and JJ. MY was new addition because she and JJ became close. ZQ said that the only girl that he spoke more than 100 words is only JJ. LX corrected him to say that he also has spoken more than 100 words to MY. From here we can infer that he basically don't have any other friends other than these three. That's already a signal that he still have emotional issue but he's functioning normally because he has his JJ by his side.

Then comes the nightmare of having to go to Singapore to take care of his mom who gave him nightmares. He cannot even sleep when she first visited with her new family. Now he needs to leave his support system (JJ!) and stay with someone that gives him nightmare. Imagine what kind of mental torture he has to go through. This went on for 9 long years with zero contact with his beloved JJ. I am surprised he didn't break down earlier. One can only imagine how lonely he must have felt and it's not like he is able to make new friends easily. Even if he has made some friends, no one is able to replace JJ in his heart and it is by holding on the hope that one day he can be together with her, that he's able to survive the long 9 years.

ZQ didn't have an easy time in England either but he's someone who's not so emotionally scared like LX. He has abandonment issues but I think this nothing compared to what LX had to go through. The show didn't talk much about his time in Singapore and we only have glimpse of it. Maybe now we will get to see more and then more people can understand why LX is acting the way he is now.

LX is a difficult character to act and I think Song Weilong did a fantastic job so far. I also don't understand why the fans at Weibo is so critical about the character as well as the actor acting it. Hopefully he does not get too affected by the mean words.

Last 10 episodes! Hope we get a nice happy ending for everyone :)

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, rainbowbrite said:

I haven't posted in Soompi for a while but felt compelled to write something because I really feel for Ling Xiao.

LX is a difficult character to act and I think Song Weilong did a fantastic job so far. I also don't understand why the fans at Weibo is so critical about the character as well as the actor acting it. Hopefully he does not get too affected by the mean words.

Last 10 episodes! Hope we get a nice happy ending for everyone :)

@rainbowbrite  Loves your Post:D   Glad to hear that "Ling Xiao" has moved you

8 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Zhang Xin Cheng is a very shrewd person.  He knew which role will garner more of the audience' affections and therefore helps in his popularity.  Also as one of the Producers, he can choose the role he wants. He has more say

? When ZXC joined the drama, the casting for otp was already done, he decided to join because he wanted to work with the leads. 

College is also not as expensive in China as it is in US/UK, it should be less than 10k rmb/year and there are lots of programs to help students that can't afford education. People suggest SWL attend college because they think his acting could be better, and classes might help. He doesn't have to go to uni for it either, taking private lessons from acting teachers could help too. Cnetizens first and foremost think his acting could be improved, and then they looked at education to see if he took formal classes, and then it's gossips about romance. The romance thing is only really relevant to fans that treat him like a boyfriend, not to general audience. Even if he attended uni, they would still criticise him because the end result is "his acting isn't that good" to significant amount of the audience, and since he didn't, the natural solution is suggest he attend college.

It's great that SWL is working for you, and I don't think he's as bad as some people claim, and I do think comments can be harsh, but I just want to put certain things in context.

• Like 4