Genre: Modern, Romance, Family

Director: Ding Zi Guang

Episodes: 46

Broadcast Date: 8/10/2020 - 9/6/2020

Cast:

Tan SongYun

Song WeiLong

Synopsis:

The story revolves around three troubled youths who find solace in their common experiences to become the best family that they can be for each other. Growing up in dysfunctional households, three individuals who are unrelated by blood treat each other like family as they yearn for the love that they cannot find at home. Eldest brother Ling Xiao, second brother He Zi Qiu, and youngest sister Li Jian Jian grow up together, experiencing life’s joy and strife as they support each other’s chosen paths. As Ling Xiao and He Zi Qiu graduate from high school, they return to their original families. Nine years later, the three are reunited, but the heartaches from their complicated family past become a shadow that constantly lingers. Can they finally fix their personal issues to become better versions of themselves? (Source: Chinesedrama.info)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Episodes:

Additional Links:

https://www.weibo.com/u/7279769333?topnav=1&wvr=6&topsug=1&is_hot=1#_rnd1568603818855

Click here to request the Viki license!

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

SYNOPSIS & WRITE-UP ON GO AHEAD

Family dynamics have always been rich fodder for drama. Sibling rivalries? Growing pains? Complications of the extended modern family? Oh yes. Put them all together and you might just have in your hands a drama that works. That’s probably why last year’s family themed modern drama All is Well about the dysfunctional Su family fared quite well (pun intended) in the charts. Well, in Seven Tan Songyun, Song Weilong and Steven Zhang Xincheng’s drama Go Ahead 以家人之名, we will be introduced to a different kind of family, one brought together not by blood, but by a connection forged by the bonds of love and kinship three children have for each other.

In the 40 episode series, three kids from different backgrounds come together by circumstances to form their own “little family”.  These three siblings - Tan Songyun is little sister Jianjian, Song Weilong plays the eldest brother Ling Xiao and Zhang Xingcheng the middle brother He Ziqiu, spent the formative parts of their life having each other’s backs. Then the time came for the three to separate, with the two brothers returning back home to live with their biological parents. 

Years later, the three are happily reunited but find themselves profoundly changed by the psychological pain caused by their biological parent’s indifference to them. With all the challenges life has thrown at them, will the two brothers and sister finally break free from the shadow of their past hurts and become better stronger individuals?

Tan Songyun and Song Weilong have perhaps been onscreen staples these past few days for some of you – weeks actually for Tan Songyun, as they both have dramas airing now. Tan Songyun plays the bubbly heroine in the wuxia drama Under the Power where she shines as the adorable and plucky investigator who’s also smart and quite capable at her job. My impression of her has always been of the lively sort so it will be interesting to see how she will tackle the role of an emotionally bruised Jianjian in Go Ahead. Meanwhile, Song Weilong just popped up on our screens this week with his new drama FindYourself. In it, the actor plays the young good looking intern who’s completely smitten with a woman ten years older than him played by Victoria Song. That’s quite a turnaround from his role in Go Ahead as the eldest to the three and sure to test his versatility as an actor.

actually its the other way round SWL being the youngest in RL,  Steven Zhang the middle one and TSY the eldest.  I am looking forward to this one.   SWL is being paired again with an actress with a big age gap.  But he needs to improve his acting.  I liked him in his last movie LOVE THE WAY YOU ARE.  His acting had improved compared to Untouchable lovers drama.  
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just watched ep 1 & 2. Super love this dama. Excellent casts. The little kids are super cute n great actors for such tender age esp the little girl.  The grown up cast Seven, WeiLong & Steven are fantastic.  The chemistry so good. 

Story line so far is fantastic. I love love it. Hope it continues to be this good. 

• Like 5

I'm surprised to see such a quiet thread??  Let me start the ball rolling then.

I just finished ep 1 of "Go Ahead".  I thought being a family drama, the first few episodes might be slow and boring.  But hey I was pleasantly surprised.  The pace is just nice. Neither too fast nor slow. Within the first few minutes, I already have a clear grasp of the background stories of the 3 families.

The young casts are very aptly chosen and they did a great job : 

- Young Jian Jian is so cute, lovable and irresistible.  Literally lights up this episode.

- Young Ling Xiao is good-looking, like Song Wei Long. Having grown up in a family where he is neglected because both parents are always quarelling, he is reserved but independent.  And Jian Jian quickly takes an immediate liking to him; protecting him from bullies, taking care of him, drawing him out of his reserveness.

- The third boy also resembles Zhang Xin Cheng. Unfortunately for now, Jian Jian don't like him.  Why?  Do find out yourself

I will not say much.  Lest I spoil your fun.  But it is highly recomended. Very enjoyable.  It is getting late. So I shall enjoy watching the next 3 episodes tomorrow. One from tonight.  Two from tomorrow:hwaiting2:

Lovely Drama.  Thumbs up honestly

Edited to say: Note: Sorry @cheekychipmunk_stv    Your comments did not appear till I finish typing & submitted my mine:blink:. You were here first.  I second

• Like 5

I usually don't watch these type of family drama but the cast caught my attention and I decided to give it a try and boy I couldn't stop - The kids resembles the grown up version so much that I immediately can tell who is who - Plus the acting is super good from all of them 

I love the relationship between everybody right now and the two dads are quite touching as well - Can't wait to continue :) 

• Like 4

Omg!!!! I was very much looking forward to this one, and it started airing already.:hooray2:

I saw some videos on Weibo and tan song yun is so cute.  Especially this one. Hehe

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4536517595693078/4536518128972535

I can get a gist of what is happening between the three, but still need subs.  

Edit:  giving a shout-out to @angelangie a fan of TSY like me. R u watching this?  she is so cute.

• Like 2

I laughed like crazy when JianJian happily & proudly announced to all the men in her life at dinner table that she had her first period finally. Omg! The look on the boys face was hilarious and the silent awkwardness ensued ... then to break the awkwardness, ZiQiu (Steven Zhang) whistle blow on LingXiao leaving something JianJian room secretly.  Jianjian rushed to her room and came out proudly showing everyone that LingXiao bought her a lacy bra. :joy:  

I think the saddest part was when JianJian showed LingXiao her father's secret... what she said to LingXiao simply broke my heart. Such a tender age yet so mature and try not to worry sadden her father. She explained to LingXiao that she just hide her sadness and pretend to be happy so as not to worry her father. And she kept that up even to teenage years.  

Another sad part is when LingXiao said to JianJian father something and JianJian father replied that JianJian is a wonderful cheerful girl. Strangely she doesn't take after either of her parents in personality as she is just such a happy character. It's sad that her father didn't realise that JianJian was just pretending to be happy and carefree for him.

It's cute how JianJian just instantly took a ligand admiration on LingXiao  on the first day they met. I think they will have a love line later on and ZiQiu will be the brother who crushed on JianJian since day 1 they met.

They are just 3 lonely souls who bond together tightly.  It will be sad later on when the boys' mother come back and take them away leaving JianJian to be alone & sad again. The boys will be in the same state as JianJian too. 

Clip from ep 2 where JianJian proudly announced that she just had her 1st period at age 16. :joy:

Preview ep 3

Preview ep 4

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Hello guys! 

I got attracted to this drama because of Tan Song Yun! Totally loved her in Under the Power. Did not know much about Song Wei Long, but he sure is a handsome actor! I just watched the two first episodes and my gosh it was good! The story definitely struck many heartstrings here, and I am so ready for all that's coming! 

Does anyone know exactly when this drama airs (days and time) and how many episodes are released per day? It would be much appreciated to know so I can follow it more closely! Thanks in advance!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, bomnie said:

Hello guys! 

I got attracted to this drama because of Tan Song Yun! Totally loved her in Under the Power. Did not know much about Song Wei Long, but he sure is a handsome actor! I just watched the two first episodes and my gosh it was good! The story definitely struck many heartstrings here, and I am so ready for all that's coming! 

Does anyone know exactly when this drama airs (days and time) and how many episodes are released per day? It would be much appreciated to know so I can follow it more closely! Thanks in advance!

There are 40 eps. 

Sunday - Thursday ... 2 ep each day

Friday - Saturday... 1 ep each

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

16 hours ago, bomnie said:

Title: Go Ahead
Chinese Title: 以家人之名 / Yi Jia Ren Zhi Ming
Broadcast Network: Hunan TV
Broadcast Website: MGTV

Broadcast Date: August 10, 2020    

Air Time: Daily Primetime Drama 19:30 (2 eps) except Friday & Saturday (1 ep), released online 22:00
Genre: Family, Modern
Language: Mandarin
Episodes: 40
Director: Ding Ziguang
Screenwriter: Shui Qianmo, Wang Xiongcheng
Producer: Long Ya
Origin: China

cr:chinesedrama.info

• Like 3

I seriously hate the boys parents except LingXiao father. His mom now comes back and wants to rebuild their relationship after she gave him away to JianJian like an unwanted toy. ZiQiu parents the worst. Now that they have established themselves they want to claim him back. :rage:  JianJian father did all the hard work in raising these kids like his own and now that they are grown up, the parents   appear.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I seriously hate the boys parents except LingXiao father. His mom now comes back and wants to rebuild their relationship after she gave him away to JianJian like an unwanted toy. ZiQiu parents the worst. Now that they have established themselves they want to claim him back. :rage:  JianJian father did all the hard work in raising these kids like his own and now that they are grown up, the parents   appear.

I agree, i especially don’t like LX’s mother, she’s very selfish. JJ’s father is the best father ever, he’s very considerate with his children’s feelings, i bawled my eyes out when he cry in front of JQ’s aunt

• Like 2

omg! I thought LX's mom is bad ... ZQ's father just tops it. He is a scumbag. Just because he and his current wife have no kids, now they want to stake claim on ZQ. From the preview, ZQ dad did some dirty tricks to JJ father restaurant. Forcing ZQ to leave JJ father with further threats. :rage::rage::rage:

I'm so hopping mad at these people who don't consider their children's well being at all. They are such selfish parent.

Love the father-son heart to heart talk between JJ father & ZQ. So touching.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

wow this year is full of surprises!! After the romance between tiger and roses, there are We are all alone, Nothing but thirty and now Go Ahead!!! They are all great drama for this year 2020!!

Go Ahead just started but it is a promising drama with good actors. The plot is funny and original, I don't feel bored when I watch it, and OMG the kids look so cute! 

The dads are just so funny and it can move everybody's heart!

They look like a dad and a mother actually LMAO X)

ANYWAY JUST WATCH IT YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!

:approves:

4137-intiarn6322340.gif

• Like 5

On 8/12/2020 at 3:47 PM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

There are 40 eps. 

Sunday - Thursday ... 2 ep each day

Friday - Saturday... 1 ep each

oic

today only 1 episode aired! no wonder how many times i refresh, there's no ep 10 !!!!!

I was v sad when they, the 2 boys, grew up and then bc of their reasons left the youngest sister jian jian and the father who brought them up. I cant wait for ep 10 tomorrow !

• Like 2