[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Go Ahead 以家人之名

Lynne

Judging from her cconversation with her senior at work,  I think JianJian has never dated anyone before nor have a love relationship.  She doesn't even know what is like to fall in love. 

She is looking for inspiration for her work as lately she don't have any and can't seems to be able to create new works. So her senior suggested she tries dating and have a relationship to get inspiration. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Hi Nikati, Steven Zhang and Seven Tan are co-producers.  I.e. they invest in this production. If you observe the opening credits and can read Mandarin, you will notice his name listed as a Producer.  While Seven Tan list her company name as an investor. Her company's representative is listed as a Producer. They both received producers' fee. While Song Wei Long just receive his salary as an actor.

So they list Steven as a Special Appearance. But in actual fact he is the Second Male Lead and receive the same amount of screen-time. I hope that answer your question

Thank you for explaining

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 7:34 AM, Lbpg said:

I am loving this drama beyond words, I'm not even skipping the credits at the start or end because they're so emotional even on their own, but there's something that's niggling at me. As I was watching ep 6 today, it struck me that there isn't a single adult female character with any redeeming qualities (yet.. hope springs eternal).

A good female character doesn't negate the importance, the love, and support of the two dads. I'm glad they're representing the two dads as completely capable of raising a loving family - kudos to the production and the censors for gifting us this dynamic!

Ziqiu's aunt seems to be turning around, it's good that she seems to take feedback and is supportive in a constructive manner. Her growth is encouraging, as a positive model in the drama's ecosystem.

Hi! Long time no see! Found you in here!

I am up to ep 9, really love this drama, i love LHC the most! What a father! i cant help crying watching LHC break down emotionally drunk talking about his two sons, he really love and proud of ZQ and LX!

Love all the cast include the child actor, so natural! Hopefully the plot stay strong until ep 40! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 8/18/2020 at 10:31 AM, ElleSor said:

I cried my eyes out when JJ Dad announced he was their father during ZQ birthday...that he didn't like others to say that he wasn't

Same, I cried so much at that scene, JJ Dad is such a great actor :bawling:

I'm so glad I started this, I'm only at Ep7 but I really love the dynamic between the characters especially how JJ Dad and LX Dad seem to behave like an old couple (nagging, bickering, joining hands to kick ZQ Dad out) and all the focus on the eating scenes, it feels so real...

I first watched a variety show with both Tang SongYun and Zhang XinCheng taking care of kids, their chemistry was so great that it led me to this drama :wub:

images.jpgt-l-chargement.jpg

• Like 2

Just finished eps 17 & 18. Much better than the last 4 eps. Getting back to the same momentum as before: Ep 17 is humorous.  Ep 18 brings us back to the previous intimacy of the family-members again

Spoiler

Ep 17 

JJ met up with his quirky date.  LX & ZQ could not contact her and  thought she was in danger. So they made a police report with LX's dad. (LOL)

Over dinner both brothers asked JJ to break up with his BF.  Causing JJ to lash out at both - telling them they are not her biological brothers & therefore have no rights to interfere

LX was hurt and went home immediately. On the bus he recalled the past incident when they were small.  JJ was nearly kidnapped by children-traffickers. That was why he is so worried

When JJ went for her next dental appointment, LX assign her to his colleague. He is still hurt

Ep 18

LX's mother called her ex-husband to ask when LX is returning to Singapore

Seems that LX bluffed her in order to escape back to China

Evening, LX was taking out some garbage in his travelling bag. Bounced into JJ.

JJ thought LX was returning to Singapore out of anger

So she apologise and pour out her feelings. 

Just then LX opened his luggage bag to throw away the garbage

JJ realised her folly, was embarrassed & quickly rushed off when MY appeared.  LX smiled. He was relieved

ZQ took an overdose of LX's transquilisers and drove his scooter into a tree. Result: he was hospitalised. Everybody rushed to see him

LX's insomnia was now out in the open

LX's step-sister also called to ask when he is returning to Singapore. Call was received by JJ

So now LX has to confront his mother and time to take the bulls by the horns. 

Next few episodes should be very exciting....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Hmm...I'm very curious how LX got the burn scar on his shoulder. What happened to him in Singapore when he was taking care of his mother? How come he wasn't treated? Did he get the scald from his mother during one of her depression episodes and threw boiling water at him?

How he must have suffered silently like he did when he was little from ill treatment from his mom in Singapore.  :tears:  As always he keep it to himself and don't tell anyone. He doesn't want to worry his dads.

I just noticed that only  LX doesn't have any friends at all besides his family and JianJian & ZQ. His world is only them n JianJian is his universe. 

Hi  @cheekychipmunk_stv  I believe your questions will be answered pretty soon....

Clips from episode 18

Spoiler

They find out LX takes medicine to sleep when ZQ took a lot thinking it was vitamins JJ friend was joking telling her that ZQ was in serious critical condition so JJ thought he died LX scolded her friend 

• Thanks 1

I really love the two dads, they were hilarious together

Spoiler

Ling dad suggested to Li dad of how resolving the trio altercation while they working the vegetables. I like both response to each other LOL.

I find it interesting, that JJ’s words hurt LX more than to ZQ that made LX walked away, since in the beginning he was the one who gave advice to ZQ that they need to take slow to get close to JJ again and he said it’s to be expected JJ keep her distance with them. He contradicted his own advice by aggressively expressed his opinion to JJ and insisted her to break up with her boyfriend, even though he knew JJ would lashed out to him. 

I like the scene when the neighbor ladies and the 2 dads gleefully and happily laughing hearing LX’s answer regarding the question of his matchmaking with JJ 

• Like 2

I am a super fans of Tan Song Yi... i will watch all her dramas .... while Song Wei Long is one of my fish in my fish tank.... 

I need help here.. can anyone able to translate ep 18 where, at the hospital Ling Ba know his son is taking sleeping pills and confront him.. i want to know their conversation.. why he is taking the sleeping pills? How i wish my chinese is good?!!! 

Theme song that we always hear.  Lyrics is so befitting the boys growing up years and even into their adulthood.  How parents can leave a scar in a child's heart and mind that haunt the child throughout their life. It reminds us how precious children are and we should always be careful with our actions and words.

This show is really touching and it reminds the adults "you can screw up your own life but please don't screw your child's budding life while trying to unscrew your F**kup life. Don't throw your burden and troubles onto your child.

I feel this song depicts exactly what JJ means to LX. One commenter mentioned that this song is always played whenever LX stares at JJ. Hmm ... I got to pay attention to it next time to see if it is true.

This song ... acc to the video description... it's LX song ... what his world was like before he met JJ and how JJ is that Sun that light up his life and chase away the dark clouds and rain.

Enjoy the music

Love all the ost of this drama. Songs are so meaningful. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Lynne changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Go Ahead 以家人之名
9 hours ago, visiopeia said:

I am a super fans of Tan Song Yi... i will watch all her dramas .... while Song Wei Long is one of my fish in my fish tank.... 

I need help here.. can anyone able to translate ep 18 where, at the hospital Ling Ba know his son is taking sleeping pills and confront him.. i want to know their conversation.. why he is taking the sleeping pills? How i wish my chinese is good?!!! 

From my understanding  of the scene (my chinese is a bit lacking too):

Papa Ling:  Son, right now is it you don't sleep or you have problem sleeping?

LingXiao :   Got sleep. Just don't sleep very long. (I think LX also said he takes cat naps during daytime) 

Papa Ling:  Why didn't you tell? Why keep everything to yourself? I called you and you always tell me everything is ok. Next time whether big or small stuff, please tell me?

LX :  I didn't want to worry you. 

In the room with JJ and ZQ, he teased ZQ "you dare to any how take pills from unknown bottles."

ZQ: Who would know you would put relaxant pills in vitamin bottles. Why do you need these pills? Why do you do that? (Something along the lines)

LX: Oh it's no big deal. Doctor told me ...(didn't understand this part but I guess he plays it real down)  I didn't want mom n younger sister to know. I'm one who cannot be sick in the house.

So he is taking 3 different kinds of relaxant pills. Which means he has severe anxiety issues that he ddidn't let anyone know. Looks like both mom n sis are controlling him tightly in Singapore. The younger sis seems to be like miniature of his mom. Possessive.

I'm upset that Papa Ling didn't stop the relatives from exploiting LX at 18. He could have plant his feet down n said NO to their request. According to ep 18, he has the sole custody LX.

I cried on the scene where LX was read a kid story book. It reflects how his life is and how he feels. It was really sad.

Story goes:

"He said he moved house very often. Moved here and there, don't know move where then it is the real home. If only can be like a fish, can swim so carefreely, then don't have so many problems/upets/frustration. Outside the window,  the fireworks are so lively, inside the house so cold and deserted."  :bawling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Ep 19 has some revelations on LX. Hahaha ... ZQ friend ... so funny esp when the sound effect came on. Laugh die me.

42 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

My heart breaks for LX. He's abused up to now and he really needs to be loved. 

Aww...and t doesn't help the Song Wei Long has sad, soulful eyes.

Does ZQ have any issues with his Dad after he came back home?

No. ZQ came home after his dad finally managed to produce his own offspring with his current wife. However we do not know if ZQ suffered under his father's treatment during these 9 years. Basically ZQ got thrown away again by his parent once his father got child with his wife.

• Like 1

Ling Xiao has been unhappy during the nine years in Singapore. He took two years off his studies to take care of his mother.  That's why he graduated later. Chen Ting was in a bad state of mind and often beat and kicked Ling Xiao. That is how his shoulder-scar came into being. Chen Ting is not a qualified mother. 

But Ling Xiao is such a good boy - part of it already ingrained from young.  Where he quietly tolerated everything.  His father is partly responsible also. For not seeking Expert Medical Assistance for his wife and son.

LX thought his mother has lost her daughter when she was young, and now became disabled and  lost her husband in middle age. No one can accept this experience.  But the more he gives way, the more demanding his mother becomes.  This woman is a pyscho.  She will blame everybody and everything - but herself.  Eventually LX just has to be firm.

I have a pleasant surprise below. Do Not Watch the Spoiler unless you really want to

Spoiler

2dab-iyaiihk6075989.jpg

• Like 2

Ep 19

Spoiler

I was very suspicious of LX explanation to JJ on his shoulder scar. Don't think he told JJ the truth. He said he cooked porridge and had accidentally spilled a bowl of hot porridge onto himself in his clumsiness. And he didn't feel any pain at that time  and realised the severity of it until he went to toilet to clean himself up, that's where he found out that his shirt has by then stuck to his skin. :scream:  Our poor boy!  How can it be? I wonder what else did he suffer under the hands of his mom. 

The way LX looked at JJ when he described the girl that he is in love with to her. :joy:

He showed JJ the book he reads when he can't sleep. When JJ was flipping through it, images of LX flood through her mind. She looked sad with realisation as the story is similar to that of LX.

ZQ's friend has a huge crush on Mingyue. Hahaha ... the moment he saw Mingyue, his heart went beating very fast to a flatliner. :joy:

• Like 2

This scene is so funny! :Megalol:

Ling Xiao's confession in the upcoming ep!

LX: I've said before that I will marry you in future. From that moment, I have decided, the middle core of the watermelon, rice crust at the bottom of the pot, the meat on both sides of the gills, bone marrow, stuffing in the buns, I'll save them all for you. Is it sweet? 

Haha...is he asking if his confession is sweet or the watermelon is sweet?

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDgwNzY1ODE5Ng==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_39.dtitle

a9179056gy1ghzbktw7rzj20u01can6r.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 2