[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

6 minutes ago, ilovenico said:

I will miss CWS and can’t wait for his next drama or movie! Any idea, you sleuths out there?

His next drama is Sisyphus the myth with Park Shin Hye. It's a sci-fi thriller. I would lurk in that thread but not sure whether i will comment or not. The rumored schedule for that is feb 2021 end. Seungwoo will be doing musical La Mancha from December to next year March. After that he will either go into hiding or continue doing musicals. If a good script comes his way, we will see him again.

• Like 9
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@larus thanks for sharing the news!! Im hoping we wouldnt have to wait too long for the confirmation. But yet we want to make sure writer LSY has enough time to get her materials for another great season! And for coz, stranger will not be the same without SM YJ, SDJ, yong san police team and the prosecutor team! Lets hope S3 pulls through and the characters remain intact with the familiar names agreeing to reprise their roles.

• Like 7

I still remember how confused I was. I didn't imagine that DJ would be kidnapped. Finally everything has been revealed. I feel sorry for Mr. Kang. But he got a chance to speak up his mind to LYJ. Nice shot!

Anyway, HSM has worked with two Ssangmundong men. :D

Tae Ha will meet Yoon in jail and it's gonna be Wise Prison Life drama :D

I hope SM won't have any issue with his new boss.

What about Hanjo now? Choi Bit - Tae Ha - Dong Jae hold the key for Hanjo, dont they?

Those cameos on SM dream! They were missed.

I like how they compared Choi Bit - Tae Ha relationship and Si Mok - Yeo Jin relationship. Haha.. one thing for sure both SM and YJ are trusted. No worries. :D

• Like 7

One of HSM boss is most handsome:fullofhearts:i like his character too. Very realistic..

I remember him as Bi's brother and Shin Min Ah's ex-boyfriend. He was not this handsome back then...

1 hour ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

I still remember how confused I was. I didn't imagine that DJ would be kidnapped. Finally everything has been revealed. I feel sorry for Mr. Kang. But he got a chance to speak up his mind to LYJ. Nice shot!

Anyway, HSM has worked with two Ssangmundong men. :D

Tae Ha will meet Yoon in jail and it's gonna be Wise Prison Life drama :D

I hope SM won't have any issue with his new boss.

What about Hanjo now? Choi Bit - Tae Ha - Dong Jae hold the key for Hanjo, dont they?

Those cameos on SM dream! They were missed.

I like how they compared Choi Bit - Tae Ha relationship and Si Mok - Yeo Jin relationship. Haha.. one thing for sure both SM and YJ are trusted. No worries. :D

KSH is most suitable boss for SM. He always defenses SM except a day after he caught SM in his room. But for other days, he always be good boss:sparklyeyes:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, white Life said:

KSH is most suitable boss for SM. He always defenses SM except a day after he caught SM in his room. But for other days, he always be good boss

I don`t think Kim Sa Hyun was Shi Mok`s boss. His boss was Woo Tae Ha. But we know how seniority is a big deal in South Korea. Shi Mok was the youngest so they put him do all kind of works. He even carried their bags once.

• Like 7

I would like to write about the words SM described  YJ  with in front of Choi 

" she open up / warm up to people  easy, but she will never blindly trust or respect everyone  or anybody" 

those words exactly describe  how she was with SM in season 1, we who watching them grow little  by little in season 1 understand  that 

YJ warm up even to person  like him ( he was worse of worse dealing with everyone even with victims family almost inhuman with them to get to the true, only care about facts)  

SM  know that as much as we know she fast became friendly, nice , acceptable and comfortable  around him while  he was the cold person  that made the people  who know him for years still feeling uncomfortable  and nervous  around him  ( she joking around comfortable  even when his senpai  feeling burden dealing with him) 

But in the same time even when she was warm to him she never trust or believe him blindly , he was a suspect  too and question  his doing and confirmed him so many times , she even  catch his smart mind thinking  and even catch when he lie or hide something  and point it right away, she like him always think of all the possibilities  

YJ  win that place on SM  being  the same warm and honest  person and the same having the smart and impressive mind , it easy to understand  why he open up to her when he cant trust or deal with others

We know that, but it really nice hearing him seeing it himself  a smal part of what he think about her  for someone who once said 

"you right,  I will probably  leave the rest of my life alone and will probably  have no one to be with" 

For someone  who start like that to someone  who go all his way to protect someone and talk and look warmly to her while understand  how important she is to him , I am proud of you 

And I like how till the end he was worry  about her and how he like seeing her enjoying food and being herself again infront of him

• Like 6

Please please let there be Season 3! :Please:

Both seasons 1 and 2 are awesome! I am so thankful that our last few scenes are all happy ones: 

Yeo Jin's smile after being told by her new Director that Choi Bit has spoken well of her (so reassuring to know that her capabilities and character are recognised)

CP Kang making the right decision to resign, at peace, taking time(fishing) and reflecting on what he had done wrong

Seo Dong Jae, acknowledging his wife who drove him to the station, before enjoying the limelight

Shi Mok's genuine smile after meeting/teasing his past investigator from Western office who was transferred to Wonju office too

And, best of all, this awesome duo with their best `Goodbye, Take Care' meal together. When Shi Mok asked Yeo Jin whether there was any chance she might not be okay, (ouch!) it was so touching! 

Thank you to all the friends on this thread. You are awesome - super sleuths. I find out what I miss from my own watching of each episode from all of you! :D

11 hours ago, nona88 said:

I would like to write about the words SM described  YJ  with in front of Choi 

" she open up / warm up to people  easy, but she will never blindly trust or respect everyone  or anybody" 

those words exactly describe  how she was with SM in season 1, we who watching them grow little  by little in season 1 understand  that 

YJ warm up even to person  like him ( he was worse of worse dealing with everyone even with victims family almost inhuman with them to get to the true, only care about facts)  

SM  know that as much as we know she fast became friendly, nice , acceptable and comfortable  around him while  he was the cold person  that made the people  who know him for years still feeling uncomfortable  and nervous  around him  ( she joking around comfortable  even when his senpai  feeling burden dealing with him) 

But in the same time even when she was warm to him she never trust or believe him blindly , he was a suspect  too and question  his doing and confirmed him so many times , she even  catch his smart mind thinking  and even catch when he lie or hide something  and point it right away, she like him always think of all the possibilities  

YJ  win that place on SM  being  the same warm and honest  person and the same having the smart and impressive mind , it easy to understand  why he open up to her when he cant trust or deal with others

We know that, but it really nice hearing him seeing it himself  a smal part of what he think about her  for someone who once said 

"you right,  I will probably  leave the rest of my life alone and will probably  have no one to be with" 

For someone  who start like that to someone  who go all his way to protect someone and talk and look warmly to her while understand  how important she is to him , I am proud of you 

And I like how till the end he was worry  about her and how he like seeing her enjoying food and being herself again infront of him

That's why we love these 2 so much! Can't agree with you more. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Forest of Secrets 2: Episode 15

by quirkycase

FoS215-00960.jpg

Now that our missing prosecutor has been found, our lead turns his attention to the shady behavior of his colleagues and the mysterious Kwang-soo case. He and his partner in crime (solving) are determined to get to the bottom of it all, but what they find puts them in a predicament. Can they handle the cost of exposing the truth?

EPISODE 15

FoS215-00029.jpg

Tae-ha meets with Yeon-jae at her secret residence, and she informs him he’s now one of her people. What’s his price for helping with the lawsuit? Tae-ha isn’t looking for money and observes that they’ve already lost a lot of time. She’s confused by his talking like he was involved back then, so he clarifies: he organized the meeting for Kwang-soo, his childhood friend. And he was planning the next steps, too.

Yeon-jae laughs when he admits he didn’t do it for money – he wants to go into politics. Kwang-soo asked to meet with him right after Tae-ha had learned he’d be leading the investigative authority charge which he deemed a lost cause. He saw Hanjo as his way forward.

FoS215-00105.jpgFoS215-00103.jpg

Yeon-jae isn’t opposed to sponsoring him and plans to acquire Sung-jae’s assets to pay the bills. But she needs ammunition. Tae-ha correctly guesses she wants to make sure Sung-jae doesn’t pay his fines. Yeon-jae needs the Eastern Office and the National Police Agency out of the way.

She tells him they’ll meet at this residence from now on and asks one last question. Why did they fight, and why did he die like that? Tae-ha admits he left early that day because he and Kwang-soo argued, but he had no idea he’d never see him again. He assures Yeon-jae it’s all over, and Shi-mok will be busy with the committee now. She doesn’t look particularly reassured.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/forest-of-secrets-2-episode-15/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1

I have been replaying S1 and S2 scenes. Sigh I miss this brilliant ensemble of cast and writer/PD so much. 

Watching SM-YJ's farewell scene in S1 vs S2, I feel like SM's gaze towards YJ seems different. In S1 it felt like he didnt particularly feel sad to leave. And they were playful with each other like good friends. But in S2, I sensed some melancholy, softness in his gaze. Even when YJ started eating, he continued to look at her. I think he may worry about how YJ is going to be without a support system, her Yong San team and of course him. 

Though I dont know what content of story will be best for S3, perhaps YJ and SM taking on higher ranked roles, i would love to see the whole gang back together again and again until S5!! 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Gummi said:

I have been replaying S1 and S2 scenes. Sigh I miss this brilliant ensemble of cast and writer/PD so much. 

Watching SM-YJ's farewell scene in S1 vs S2, I feel like SM's gaze towards YJ seems different. In S1 it felt like he didnt particularly feel sad to leave. And they were playful with each other like good friends. But in S2, I sensed some melancholy, softness in his gaze. Even when YJ started eating, he continued to look at her. I think he may worry about how YJ is going to be without a support system, her Yong San team and of course him. 

Though I dont know what content of story will be best for S3, perhaps YJ and SM taking on higher ranked roles, i would love to see the whole gang back together again and again until S5!! 

I feel you. It ruined my taste. I am watching animes now since I will end up disliking every drama now. The writer loves her characters as much as we do. Fingers crossed for S3. But I don't see Shimok rising up the ranks. :D

• Like 3
  • Love 3

On 10/6/2020 at 1:44 PM, abyssal said:

<3 See you all on the S3 thread in the future... I'm also waiting and reading fanfics to overcome the perennial sadness of no more weekly episodes to look forward to

Fanfics??? Were? Could you PM the links pretty please? :Megathanks:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cafe99 said:

Fanfics??? Were? Could you PM the links pretty please? :Megathanks:

There are some of us writers AO3 :') under the Stranger/Secret Forest tag. Then when I feel up to it, I trawl twitter in korean and use google translate on the post type! But there's not enough material in the area to sustain me for another three years lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, abyssal said:

There are some of us writers AO3 :') under the Stranger/Secret Forest tag. Then when I feel up to it, I trawl twitter in korean and use google translate on the post type! But there's not enough material in the area to sustain me for another three years lol

Thank you! I didn't knew! :sweet:

• Like 4

16 hours ago, pompyavi said:

I feel you. It ruined my taste. I am watching animes now since I will end up disliking every drama now. The writer loves her characters as much as we do. Fingers crossed for S3. But I don't see Shimok rising up the ranks. :D

Same, everything is pale compared to Stranger. I get annoyed about every little thing which was more or less acceptable to me before.  I just shrugged and told myself well kdrama , i wouldn’t expect more. But I know now that Korea can produce world class tv without typical cliche tropes. 
The writer has an ability to look at things with the sharpest eyes but at the same time full of humanism. 
Even though i think they could have done with less red herrings (didn’t get my answer for the green lighter and logical explanation for the solo kidnapping). Everything else was perfect. Acting was top notch and the chemistry was out of this world. Same with directing and editing. 

i have been listening to Stranger ost. I love love its instrumental scores so much. 
Many actors are expressing interest for more seasons. She has a perfect platform to work on her ideas and Build her story. She also has a perfect duo here to convey her messages to the world. 
Hope i will see you all again Season 3. May be for Sishyphys the myth but I am probably not too excite to join the discussion. Let’s see. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, farawayland said:

The writer has an ability to look at things with the sharpest eyes but at the same time full of humanism.

Yes her characters are flawed humans. In majority of the dramas writers try to portray the characters as hero/heroine. I loved that she wrote the S2 the way she wanted and not the way fans were expecting it to be. 

7 minutes ago, farawayland said:

Hope i will see you all again Season 3. May be for Sishyphys the myth but I am probably not too excite to join the discussion. Let’s see. 

I will just watch it to see CSW on my screen. :D

• Like 5

Forest of Secrets 2: Episode 16 (Final)

by quirkycase

FoS216-00978.jpg

Our second tale of one prosecutor and one cop’s tireless fight for justice has come to a satisfying close. As they’ve already learned once before, exposing the truth in a system that caters to the powerful is a thankless job. Our duo has done their part, and now it’s up to others to see it through. All they can do is keep fighting for what they believe and hope they can inspire some change along the way.

EPISODE 16

FoS216-00055.jpg

Shi-mok and Sa-hyun present the case for a warrant for Tae-ha to none other than the deputy prosecutor general. He listens and looks through the documents silently, weighing his options. Meanwhile, Tae-ha walks into an empty press briefing.

At Chief Choi’s full press briefing, she admits that Kwang-soo’s body was moved to conceal a meeting at the Namyangju villa. We flash back to Shi-mok paying Chief Choi a visit. He’d explained that Tae-ha meant to destroy Yeo-jin’s life.

The one person Tae-ha can’t silence right now is Director Kim who will likely try to use Chief Choi again to get out of this mess. Chief Choi accuses Shi-mok of doing exactly what Tae-ha did to Yeo-jin. In the present, Chief Choi lays out the facts. A police official summoned her to the villa where she and a high-ranking prosecutor moved the body.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/forest-of-secrets-2-episode-16-final/

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1