[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

Definitely Season 3 is needed, I would like to know what SDJ's answer is.  Another awesome  season. 

I was definitely in awed when they showed the scene of HSM's dream.  It was full of meanings to be interpreted.  Glad to see HSM's smile at the end and everything will be okay for HYJ till another season.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, nona88 said:

I dont know what to say and how to comment  on the ending  I will watch it again with sub  and I hope I am getting better  after that 

I am with you. After a long time I cried while watching a drama. 

33 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

grateful for the human kindness given toward second chances

Loved that Yeo Jin decided to meet Yoon after hearing out ShiMok's dream that he, LCJ and Eunsoo disappeared together. I loved how she gave him a reason to live on and said that she would meet him. 

My weekends would be boring now. Also it would take time to move on from this drama. 

Spoiler

EjfZ1WVU4AAa36Y?format=jpg&name=large

EjfZ0GmU0AYGln-?format=jpg&name=large

I wish I could reset my memory and watch it all over again. :tears:

• Like 9
  • Love 3

44 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Is there someone  like me still trying to progress  the feeling  of the last episode  

I dont know what to say and how to comment  on the ending  I will watch it again with sub  and I hope I am getting better  after that 

The confuse  feeling of the ending is bigger  than what I was ready for

36 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

I am with you. After a long time I cried while watching a drama. 

Ahhh hugs everyone! 

I am starting E16 with anticipation and with a slightly heavy heart knowing that we have come to the end of this wonderful journey called Stranger S2. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Sad 4

Hwang Si Mok smiled... :wub:

Love the evolution of HSM's character in season 2..

Love how he tries to convince CB to save HYJ... 

Seems the issue with Hanjo is left unresolved.. 

So in conclusion... There is definitely a season 3 in the offing...:highonflowers:

Seo Dong Jae.. You better not collude with Hanjo... 

And so excited to see Kim Won Hae as the chief.. 

:exercice:

Satisfied with the ending.. No extra melodrama... So realistic... 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Ok... So what do you think Seo said fegarding Hanjo and Park Gwangsu?  Did he change for the better?

As for Kang's lecture to miss Lee, it's unlikely that Hanjo changes/will change for the better... Things like this do not change easily.  Even if Lee chang Jun died for thr truth, but it seems to be still same old same old

Lots of cliffhangers!

Season 3 please!!!

• Like 8

Aaaaaghh... I love the ending!! 
But seriously, I need more episodes! Things happen to fast. :blink:

Despite there are still too many things that's need more explanations (like what happened to CB after she resigned, what's the progress with the reformation law now that it's disbanded - who has the more power? - it's the theme of the drama after all, so many questions!), this episode is tying up everything nicely. Almost everybody from S1 is back and had their stories, which is very very nice. 

HSM's dream is a bit cheesy :sweatingbullets: (all white with mellow song and in slow motion)  but it has a deep meaning and only HYJ who can interpret the dream. As expected, she's the heart of the team - she probably guessed that Yoon Se Won doesn't have the will to live anymore. Her telling him that it was Kyung Wan (!) that sent the package shows her compassion and it gives him a purpose of living. And I like her quote here - "You made a wrong decision but I don't think that defines who you are". 

In a way, this is also telling herself that CB made a bad decision, but that does not make CB a bad person. 

I was a bit frustrated by the end of the episode, knowing that HYJ is still facing bullying in her workplace, but I'm glad that the new chief shows respect and trust to HYJ. it seems that CB still protects her hoobae after all. 

LYJ surprises me though. I thought she would follow LCJ's wish - but I guess given her position, she chose to fight off her brother. Is this for the good fo Hanjo or pure animosity against her brother / father? No idea. In the end we didn't get to see LSJ after all. 

Buut.. I like seeing her with Mr Park. They make a great pair! 

It's hard to tell whether SDJ has truly redeemed himself after all the experiences he had been through.

If I have to guess what SDJ said in the interview, he'd probably go round and round, going nowhere, seems like answering questions but not actually answering. Typical SDJ?

HSM - HYJ: Best partner, best friend, best companion. :wub:

I guess love doesn't require being physical. We can say that they love and care deeply about each other. I love how HSM can understand HYJ's mind and heart - "she opens up to others easily but does not blindly trust or respect just about anybody". And I love how HYJ taking care of HSM (ahem.. with the extra cabbage :rolleyes:). I don't want this partnership to end!! :( :wacko: :tears: 

Oh, Wonju to Seoul is only 88 km and 1 hour drive, so hopefully our duo still continues seeing each other!

• Like 7
  • Love 2

23 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

HSM's dream is a bit cheesy

Yeah, but i think that scene has it's own significance. When LCJ stopped Dong jae from coming there and glanced at shimok to which he nodded, to me it meant as if their role is still not over. They have to play their part before joining them.

HSM has grown so much. From not trusting anyone to trusting Jung Minha with segok case. From "Don't give me gifts" to "Don't you draw". From not noticing anything about anyone to "it's just like the first time we met". He is willing to be open with other people as well. Apart from HYJ, his earlier assistant gets to see him smile.

23 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

I guess love doesn't require being physical. We can say that they love and care deeply about each other. I love how HSM can understand HYJ's mind and heart - "she opens up to others easily but does not blindly trust or respect just about anybody". And I love how HYJ taking care of HSM (ahem.. with the extra cabbage :rolleyes:). I don't want this partnership to end!! 

Yeah rightly said. This show gives up hope that as long as we don't give up there will always be salvation. 

Edited by pompyavi
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

Okay I will progress  it little  by little 

Let me first talking about YJ  future  I felt bad she can't go back to where she fell belong any more , she cant go back to work on cases and investigate  with her team 

She was send to another place where everyone already  hate her, she was sad and lonely 

And even felt  sad that SM  has to leave 

But again they remind  us that she will he okay, she has her old team still looking after her as family  members, she has chief  Choi still help her properly  talking nice and ask the new chief  to take care of her ( did you see all her coworkers faces when the new chief  was nice to her and friendly  , dare to bully  her now ) 

And she still has SM  her life long partner  , who he really care and understands  her ( his scenes  with Choi prove how much he know, trust, admire and care for her and it show how he trust her views and judgment  on people, moreover  show how much he looking at every  little  details  of her feeling) 

I like  he ask her if there any chance she will be not okay , she has him and he has her they may be apart  for some time but they are a soul mate , it enough that  they know they here in the world and here for each other  

SM change a lot too and they have that progress  between  them , he even wait for her to order food , didnt say it weird, like that he hair was just like when they meet, was comfortable  seeing her back to her usual friendly  and not manner  behavior ( okay the man really trying  for once to be the one who offer drink or cut the food  for her but she so fast that he just had to give up:joy: )   

I like how he even talk to her about his dream that so personally specially  with SM who rarely  share feeling  he could just answer" yes " and move on 

But he talk about his dream cause he want to, he progress  his confused  feeling while  talking with YJ ( he aware of it too now), and she understand  the meaning  of his dream that he himself  didnt understand ( that it mirror  his feeling about them) he was also worry about the prosecutor  in jail and YJ just understand  that and just said she will take care of it ( and she did) 

Okay it a long post already  and I still didnt even start talking about all my thoughts  and feeling but as I  said  I will progress  it slowly  and little  by little  so i will make another post  about the other  characters later  I need to wrote about SM  himself, I need to talk about the feeling between  hell and heaven  I am having right now 

Why ?  This drama doing that to me ?? Dear writer  I am having fear to watch you or future  dramas  you getting into me so much 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 10
  • Love 3

AHHHHHHHHHH EP 16 BEEN SERVING US SOME REAL THROWBACK!!! 

Spoiler

FINALLY SAW YOUNG EUN-SOO, LEE CHANG-JOON, PROSECUTOR YOON AND KIM HO-SUB AGAIN!

I literally laughed when Hwang Si-mok tried to set the spoon on the table. It was so funny seeing him learning normal things. :joy:

Spoiler

And ohh, I love how Han Yeo-jin went to Mr. Yoon right away in order to stop his possible suicide. It was so sad yet the care and empathy of HYJ for his former colleague is so admirable. 

Spoiler

AND FINALLY, OUR FAVORITE WEASEL IS BACK!!! I FINALLY GET TO SEE HIS LOVELY SMIRK AGAIN. :love:

SDJ’s wife is so pretty though. 

I feel like there are still alot of questions unanswered in this season for me. I feel like it was a rushed ending (though idk for others). Ep 14 was still one of the best episodes ever, it’s like the climax of the story. 

I’m not satisfied with the ending (because I think I expected way better than this) but then this series is supposed to be a “multi-season” so I am expecting another season, okay??? *I’m watching you, writernim. :naughty:*

Finally!! HSM has learned how to smile. That was one of the sexiest smiles he ever gave. :love::relaxed:

• Like 7

The only take i got from this episode is the story has not ended. Looking forward to S3.

When that happens we will see SDJ again too. And probably WTH will still be around in a different role. There's still that slimy Deputy Prosecutor something to take down and god knows who else!

I'm liking it that LYJ is pulled into a deeper shade of grey. One can see how she was affected by Chief Kang's words. I like this build up. I think the best 'love story' for FoS is the one between LCJ and LYJ.

I am sooooo gonna miss the ending overture!!!

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I loved that scene so much where Shimok says if he can sell the investigation rights that prosecution has maintained for over 70 years, then that means it was put up for sale already. Prosecution has really misused and abused their authority. I read in news that police has been given rights to close criminal cases without sending them to Prosecution but for warrant they still have to go through prosecution. Also, prosecution can ask for a case to be reinvestigated if they see any wrongdoings. The bill got passed in Jan 2020.

Link for that:

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200113000823

So yeah what Shimok initially came up as a solution to reform the laws were enacted in real.

39 minutes ago, mtracy07 said:

I’m not satisfied with the ending (because I think I expected way better than this) but then this series is supposed to be a “multi-season” so I am expecting another season, okay??? *I’m watching you, writernim. 

In terms of cases yeah I would agree. Again when I think about it, we usually do not get all the answers in reality. WTH is the one who planted the fake witness and everything but he denied till the end. I am happy that he did not get any room for redemption as HSM said he is too habituated to justify his actions. I am too lingering on that hope that there would be a S3, since we did not get to see Hanjo's connection to that gathering where PGS died. Or it could be that, Hanjo did not want it's name to be dragged on another case since recruiting ex public officials is violation of some law (i dont remember the law, it was something like the ex public officials cannot work for a corporation atleast for 3 years after they leave public service)

Edit: Also the cases from which Lee Soo Yeon based this season were all closed without any proper conclusion/closure. So it could be that she wanted to keep it realistic. I would add the links of the cases once I find them. I read those some days ago. 

Edited by pompyavi
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

I think now that YJ  herself  choose to not going back,  be logical  thinking if she asked for it they where going to send her back

why they need this trouble  maker in the HQ  she more danger there then in sending her back to local  station  and making sure she never get promoting  again  

She can stay  cause Choi make  sure not harm and ask for the people  who she trust  to be protected her,  but she if she asked she will be sending  out without  questioning  ( legally  she was still being to the station  it easy to send her back then letting her stay) 

But why I think she the one that choice  to stay even when she really  want to go back cause her conversation  with SM 

YJ: I wounder if a good boss will come while I am out catching bad guys ? ( she was woundering  if she go to do what she like then  who going to keep  eyes on what happen  there ) 

SM :  why you talking like it the two matters connected  ( he understand  she was referring to her choice of staying or leaving  )

YJ  choice to do what SM said back then in the rooftop scene , there should be people  who keep the eyes on the lines and I think YJ  chooses  to stay and be that person rather than do what more fit her and she will be comfortable  with ( she take the responsibility  ) 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

I loved the ending. I really do. I was so emotional during the last episodes, watching the characters I liked.

First, when Yeo Jin had a hard time at her work as everyone was blaming her for Choi Bit resignation she received a call from Jang Gun. Her old colleagues were invited her to dinner and she was so emotional knowing that they still cared for her. They were a family and they still think of her well being. They even thought she will come back to them. I also liked that the new boss welcome her and Choi Bit talked well about her. I understand well? They will work together? It will be awesome if it was true. I thought she will go to Wanju, where Shi Mok worked. :D

Shi Mok talked with Choi Bit and asked her to do the right thing to protect Yeo Jin. He was right, Yeo Jin doesn`t like anyone. She really conneted with her, she respected Choi Bit as a profesional woman and it was mutual.

I loved the arc story here for both of them. I am glad that Choi Bit had the oportunity to do the right thing. She was the only one who could bring down Woo tae Ha.

The nerve of Woo Tae Ha asking her "Why should I take the fall?". Because, you moron, it was your fault. You wanted power and had bigger ambitious, you want to make connections but could not have the courage to admit your own faults. Coward!

Shi Mok called this time Yeo Jin to have dinner because he wanted to say goodbye as he went to his new job, a new relocation. I liked when she asked her if she will be OK. "Is there a chance you won`t be OK?" he asked. That`s a progress. He became more aware of other`s feelings and he is involving more in the relationship.

Shi Mok`s dream. I was emotional again. Nice to see the old team together. She thought it will be like a premonition and visited Yoon in the prison. She thought he needed comfort a little. It made me emotional again for Yoon. It is nice that we finally know who sent that parcel to him and it was nice that Yeo Jin found out for him. I like how she told him that he made the wrong decision then but that doesn`t define who he is. She even promised to visit him again.

I liked that Kang Won-Cheol did not became Hanjo puppet. But he did not resign only because of that. He took responsability for the decision to end that investigation who had bad consequences. He even asked Lee Yeon Jae to let Dong Jae and Shi Mok alone. He tried to make Yeon Jae realised that she is taking the same bad route as her predecesors. When she asked Director Park to find out who is the prosecutor in charge it did not gave me a good impression. Habits are hard to chance and the power corupts.

I am glad that Dong Jae is OK and I am curious what he said but that could be another story.

And Shi  Mok did not forget Stg Song `s case. He sent to the young prosecutor the file to investigate further.

How better ending than to see Shi Mok smiling. He even have a  "friend"/ familiar face there (so too speak).

I REALLY WANT SEASON 3!

• Like 9
  • Love 5

4 minutes ago, larus said:

I liked that Kang Won-Cheol did not became Hanjo puppet. But he did not resign only because of that. He took responsability for the decision to end that investigation who had bad consequences. He even asked Lee Yeon Jae to let Dong Jae and Shi Mok alone. He tried to make Yeon Jae realised that she is taking the same bad route as her predecesors. When she asked Diurector Park to find out who is the prosecutor in charge it did not gave me a good impression. habits are hard to chance and the power corupts.

I am glad that Dong Jae is OK and I am curious what he said but that could be another story.

And Shi  Mok did not forget Stg Song `s case. He sent to the young prosecutor the file to investigate further.

How better ending than to see Shi Mok smiling. He even have a  "friend"/ familiar face there (so too speak).

I REALLY WANT SEASON 3!

Loved your points here. Would like to add that Kang was right when he said that LCJ's mistake was to meet LYJ. 

As for Dong Jae, I am sure he has answered a question with a question but not an answer :D

Me too I want to see how much our beloved characters can grow. Good to see KSH wanted Shimok to be different than others. 

• Like 7

We need the PD and writer to explain to us the mystery of Jang Geon's face scar! we spent a week analysing how he could have been involved! Could it really be that the part where he got injured was edited out eventually? 

I wished each episode was longer so that we could prolong the enjoyment.

Spoiler

Even Record of Youth episodes (romance genre) are almost 1h and a half sometimes!

I loved every scene in the last ep. The way Kang Won Chul made sure to visit Hanjo even after he resigned so that he could express what he felt LCJ's thoughts would be on LYJ's LYJ's behavior. And for SM to visit KWC. I am so proud that KWC lived up to what LCJ believed he could be for SM- a good boss, life mentor, someone who has his back and would give him a helping hand. It was realistic how KWC himself realised he had also sullied himself in a way that had negative consequences though perhaps in many eyes, it may just be closing one eye (something minor) but that is how corruption starts. 

Loved loved the dream scene actually because of what it symbolised. And i loved how YJ picked up the part about Yoon possibly having a hard time in prison, and deciding to just check in on him. That is how YJ is, always very perceptive of everyone's feelings around her. Even though Yoon made wrong decisions, she treated him as a friend and wanted him to know that he should not let that define him. And she gave him that extra reasons to hold on. For sure, we could tell Yoon was likely having a hard time in prison, perhaps living with the consequences of his decisions and feeling so so alone given his disheveled look as compared to the first time YJ saw him. Im happy we found out who the parcel came from too! Kyungwannie!

I am still in awe of BDN's acting here. The way she stood up to her bullies at work without flinching, but once she heard Jang Geon's call, her face crumpled and my heart ached for her. 

I am happy that the show ended with her remaining at HQ, instead of going back to yongsan. And the seat that she left behind at Yongsan is finally taken by someone else. I hope she would show everyone and CB how she could shine and climb up the ranks even without connections, and by following her beliefs. 

I feel SM's chat with CB was like this major declaration of support for YJ. The way he worried for her, and went way out for her. The way he said he trusted CB to do the right thing for he trusts in YJ's judgement. Major aww moment for me. 

The way these 2 support each other is the best. I felt SM's concern when he specifically asked if there is a chance YJ wouldnt be okay. I feel sad that we end off with them separated again though im glad SM has office manager Kim in Wonju. 

My heart cannot take that S2 has ended :(

• Like 12
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Loved your points here. Would like to add that Kang was right when he said that LCJ's mistake was to meet LYJ. 

Yes,  Lee Chang-Jun entering in the Hanjo family was his misfortune. He has a good man but he could not be a righteous prosecutor and working for Hanjo`s interests. I was rooting for Lee Yeon Jae when she fought with her brother for keep her CEO seat and I felt sorry for her that she lost her husband but right now she became just another executive at Hanjo who uses the same dirty methods. I don`t know if she can be different and still keep an advantage in front of her brother but I feel like she made a pact with the devil. She made her choices.

13 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

As for Dong Jae, I am sure he has answered a question with a question but not an answer :D

I liked that we did not hear his answer. Knwing him, I say it is a high chance to cover for Hanjo but we still have a little faith in him that he changed.

14 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Me too I want to see how much our beloved characters can grow. Good to see KSH wanted Shimok to be different than others. 

It was hard for him to see Woo Tae Ha, his old friend, getting this low. He told the truth when the Prosecutor General asked him about Woo Tae ha. Speaking of Prosecutor General... he asked Shi Mok to not reveal the fake witness case and when Shi Mok refused he put he showed him the cold shoulder. If Shi Mok would not have come with strong evidence he would have covered up for Woo tae Ha.

• Like 12

39 minutes ago, Gummi said:

We need the PD and writer to explain to us the mystery of Jang Geon's face scar! we spent a week analysing how he could have been involved! Could it really be that the part where he got injured was edited out eventually? 

Yes we need explaining  we hard working  detective  and profiler  here :joy: I think it was cause some accident off shooting  or it was a PD  cut scene that made that confuse   I hope seeing how people  in social  media asking the same question  the writer, pd or someone  from the cast will give answer 

Loved loved the dream scene actually because of what it symbolised. And i loved how YJ picked up the part about Yoon possibly having a hard time in prison, and deciding to just check in on him.

Yes the dream itself   was a heart warming  and bring pain and all the memories  in few moments ( they made me live all the regret  and pain of all the characters  from season 1 in that scene)

But the dream meaning too was super writen about SM  feeling  and thought  about the progress  he did till now from season 1 and about to be able to let go finally 

Yj is the best too I already wrote about her understand his feeling and worry  from the dream and act according  to that was amazing 

am still in awe of BDN's acting here. The way she stood up to her bullies at work without flinching, but once she heard Jang Geon's call, her face crumpled and my heart ached for her. 

I am happy that the show ended with her remaining at HQ, instead of going back to yongsan. And the seat that she left behind at Yongsan is finally taken by someone else. I hope she would show everyone and CB how she could shine and climb up the ranks even without connections, and by following her beliefs. 

She queen both the character  itself and BDN in person,  a masterpiece  character  giving to the right one to make it a live 

In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

feel SM's chat with CB was like this major declaration of support for YJ. The way he worried for her, and went way out for her. The way he said he trusted CB to do the right thing for he trusts in YJ's judgement. Major aww moment for me. 

The way these 2 support each other is the best. I felt SM's concern when he specifically asked if there is a chance YJ wouldnt be okay.

Yes it was the chat was so directly  asking her to protect  yj  his words was directly  saying

woo is able to destroy her life , you going to be screwed  anyway so save her at least , if it has up to me I wouldn't  come since I cant  trust or judgment you in good eyes

but I come all the way cause she trust you and since my trust in her is  unlimited  so that why I even here talking and trying ( he wouldn't  even try if it not cause he know how much YJ  would not trust  anyone ) 

Saving YJ was his only goal here and Choi point that ( I am happy I was right guess he go to see Choi that night to protect YJ) 

Let me have the chance to say how much it made me happy  that he even directly  said that " woo can destroy her life " and other things I though he going to try to play with Choi head but no he so worry to do that he need YJ  safe 

P.s. if we will have season  3 can we have a scene where Choi  tell YJ what SM  did for here please 

25 minutes ago, larus said:

I liked that we did not hear his answer. Knwing him, I say it is a high chance to cover for Hanjo but we still have a little faith in him that he changed

Yes this drama not talking about dreamily  reality  where everything  is okay and justice  win and bad people  lose and all people  change after facing danger or death 

This drama about the imperfect world we living on 

dear God I am the most person  who hate to ask for muilty  seasons dramas I am the most person who fear the new seasons mess the good memories of the previous 

I am a person who love one shot books and novels but why this drama making me want more and more and more......

I want more i want more it never ended  , it never enough  my real  like living  beloved characters I want more , I understand  you CSW  I want it to keep running  till season  5 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Just now, nona88 said:

Yes we need explaining  we hard working  detective  and profiler  here :joy: I think it was cause some accident off shooting  or it was a PD  cut scene that made that confuse   I hope seeing how people  in social  media asking the same question  the writer, pd or someone  from the cast will give answer 

I say it was a cut scene. But it was not out of character. he is a police officer after all. he doesn`t have just one case.

2 minutes ago, nona88 said:

dear God I am the most person  who hate to ask for muilty  seasons dramas I am the most person who fear the new seasons miss the good memories of the previous

I am a person who love one shot books and novels but why this drama making me want more and more and more......

I want more i want more it never ended  , it never enough  my real  like living characters I want more , I understand  you CSW  I want it to keep running  till season  5 

I don`t like multi-season kdramas but this one is an exeption. They finished the story and they still have material for other dramas. I trust the writer. I really hope we`ll have another season or, at least, writer Lee soo yeon will have inspiration for another drama.

• Like 12

I couldn't help but tear up (which I don't do often with other dramas) at the end of the last episode.  I remember last week, I was feeling like the series was incomplete.  Like, as if it was missing something.  This week, I feel different.  Now it actually feels finished.  Seeing some of the characters (LCJ and Eunsoo :bawling::bawling:) from Season 1 again . . . a huge wave of nostalgia, honestly.  Almost as if to remind us the reason why Forest of Secrets exists.  Yeojin being the strong woman she is, even when she's the outcast.  Simok showing his emotions, like that smile at the end.  LCJ's monologue.  It all fell into place. 

Dongjae.  Dongjae.  Dongjae.  Once the camera zoomed in on his mouth, I literally felt like he was going to mess up again.  If there is a Season 3, hopefully we will see even more character development for Dongjae's character.

I'm so glad Woonchul redeemed himself in the end.  I was disappointed when he accepted the financial statements from Lawyer Oh during the last episodes, but now I feel content with what he did during the last episode.  He legit had no way out, except retiring.   At least he was the better person.

This season felt very different from season 1, and there were many red herrings and dragging out some stuff, which I didn't like.  I do wish it was more to the point.  Although I do think that, the last episode is my favorite by far.

If there's a Season 3, I have high expectations, and hopefully they keep the essence of what this drama is about :cutekitty:

Huge respect to the actors and actresses, staff, PD, scriptwriter, and crew for giving us this amazing drama.  Hopefully more dramas like this one (that transforms us to Sherlock Holmes) can be made.  :blush:

• Like 10

4 hours ago, pompyavi said:

Loved that Yeo Jin decided to meet Yoon after hearing out ShiMok's dream that he, LCJ and Eunsoo disappeared together. I loved how she gave him a reason to live on and said that she would meet him. 

Meeeee  tooooo.  So many things to say about this episode.  :selfie:but first thing first.  ShiMok's dream!

As he walked out the room after being propositioned by the Prosecutor General (who incidentally has decided to cut off his tail aka WTH), ShiMok closed the door to the threat "You'll paid for this".  He walked down the hall refusing to be dragged into another cover up and lie where upright prosecutors are asked to bend their principles for the good of the organization.  The organization that run by men who manipulate its power for their own benefits.  Walking away after putting his career on the line accepting that he will pay for this one small victory but knows it has to be done.

The scene transitions to his dream where he is reunited with the many prosecutors whom he have worked for, the real men and women whom the reform council supposed to fight for.  LCJ who had put faith on SM to be the person to carry hope for them all.  I was moved seeing LCJ's nod of approval and slight smile toward SM for a job well done.  It's not the affirmation that is important to SM I suppose.  More for understanding that he has risen to LCJ's expectation so that LCJ's ideal and sacrifice were not in vain.  I also teared up seeing Eun Soo acknowledging ShiMok's guilt so that he can move on.  I absolutely love how he took it in stride and helped Min Ha forge on as a prosecutor.   He's back to mentoring another junior prosecutor, helping her indict the Segeok cops in bullying Capt Song by sending the will.

Kang Won Cheol who tried valiantly to protect ShiMok while battling a career defining moment for himself was also there.  For ShiMok, who was uncertain if he has been a burden to the chief, finds comfort to see Kang happily laughing with LCJ.  He has not fully embrace Kang's position as a mentor after LCJ's passing.  LCJ casts too much of a shadow on all those who knew him and part of SM still has not let go of his part in LCJ's suicide.  Seeing him set his guilt free and really in many ways, opened his heart to CP Kang.  Before he transferred out, Shi Mok visited Kang to pay his respect for the guidance and care.  SM knows how difficult it was for Kang to protect SM so that he can continue to "doggedly pursue the truth" for others.  We have to realize that it's important for ShiMok to validate for himself that there are still Chiefs (unlike WTH or prosecutor general) who are capable of owning to their mistakes and reflecting on them positively.  Like Choi Bit, Kang's decision luckily was influenced by his feelings for his juniors.   Once again, it was Seo Dong Jae to the rescue.  For a split second, Kang was going to tell ShiMok to not expose Hanjo's connection to PGS's death.  It was at the tip of his tongue that he couldn't get it out.  But by the grace of luck, a difficult decision was made easier because SDJ woke up.  As in SM's dream, Kang made the detour at the last minute instead of doing something that could possibly destroy him.  For those minutes, Kang was truly a father figure, caring for Dong Jae's well being, forgetting about protecting Hanjo.  This intervention changed everything for KWC.  It was a sign that he needed to repay someone for SDJ's life because of his negligence in the Tongyeong incident.  A really hopeful sign for SM and us viewers to see that there are leaders who are willing to accept their punishment and exit to allow changes for the organization.

And last but not least.  How awesome is it that YeoJin understood SM's subconcious fear of Mr Yoon's wellbeing?  I have a feeling that Yeo Jin doesn't actually know who is the sender. I am not 100% convinced Park Kyu Wang sent it.  I think Yeo Jin used his name to help ease Mr Yoon's guilt.  She didn't sugar coat his crimes as he needs them to guide his actions for the rest of his life.  What she confirmed for Yoon is that his mistakes do not define the person that he is or who he can become in the future. Yeo Jin is the person you want at your corner when you are down. I just love how much faith she has in people's strength to overcome mistakes and change for the better.  She is truly a friend, promising Yoon to return every few months to see him, cheering him on to keep living.  For Yoon who is left alone in this world, she is a lifeline.  A person that has not forgotten him.   Yeo Jin radiates goodness in that scene.  The main point is that it really is not important who sent the package but how Yeo Jin used it as a vehicle to rescue someone in need is absolutely wonderful.

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1