[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

@thi2018 thanks so much for translating the SYJ part fast. Your translations as well as that from randomlee above are both very much appreciated... This Esquire Q&A expounded more on how much HB in detail analyzed and explained where his fascination and high admiration for SYJ comes from. I am not in the acting profession so I would never know how hard it is but I remember very well how HB said that SYJ was a reassuring presence in making this movie. Coming from him who is a respected and serious veteran actor himself, this is such a huge praise. SYJ gained this respect deservedly. She did not take the easy road to fame by only accepting cliche and safe roles but took so many risk in taking difficult/de-glamorizing roles. Even when it means at times the projects would not be as commercially viable and successful.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

The more i read HB interview on Esquire the more i believe they are a real couple..

he said that they have many similarities..they share same view in many things..he said he more stables now..he said in future they will be more happines..seems like currently he is so happy with he has..like he has someone beside him..who he can trust and lean on:heart:

• Like 8

On 8/26/2019 at 10:38 AM, stardust8 said:

The more i read HB interview on Esquire the more i believe they are a real couple..

he said that they have many similarities..they share same view in many things..he said he more stables now..he said in future they will be more happines..seems like currently he is so happy with he has..like he has someone beside him..who he can trust and lean on:heart:

Actually that's my thoight and I feel the same.way that there's something between them so just wait and see and hopefully good news will come out soon  

• Like 5

Just now, randomlee said:

My translation of Channel A's 'I Heard A Rumor Show' (YouTube link in previous post by @cybertron ) is below (only the text as I do not know how to do subtitling):

Male MC : We start the revelation of a dating rumor. This dating rumor is one that many are familiar with.

Female MC: Yes, this same pair being in love has been talked about a few times. These two, though their dating rumor has continued to be talked about, yet, it is met with a denial every time. This has caused fans to be really curious, hasn’t it?

Hong Seok Cheon – HSC (Bald guy): I am not sure. These two match so well, that’s what I think. Introducing Hyunbin and Son Yejin. Both of them are born in 1982 and are the same age. The rumor of the two being in romantic relationship came but it was said that there was no basis for it.

Male MC: What do you think could be the continuing reasons for these two’s stubborn denial?

Kim Ji Hyeon – KJH (lady in blue and white blouse): The public’s suspicion of the two being in a romantic relationship is due to specific circumstances that have arisen. The first is is an eyewitness’ controversial account online; this witness is not someone the community recognises. This eyewitness said he or she saw hyunbin and sonyejin on such month and such day, at such and such golf course in the US and that they had samgyetang (ginseng chicken soup) together with sonyejin’s parents at a speciality store. Like this, such details were shared by this eyewitness.

Lady Jane (lady in white and yellow dress): Actually, this kind of eyewitness is very dangerous, there is no picture, no video clip, but the eyewitness can talk about details such as the place, time and date. Lately, people don’t believe when there are no pictures to show who the persons being talked about are. However, because there is a little reliability in the information (because of the details shared), it did cause people to inquire. But I think I will just believe it.

Kim Ga Yeon - KGY (Lady in blue foral blouse): It’s like – orh, Sleepy and Lady Jane are dating! People won’t believe. But if say, it is, “I saw Lady Jane at the beach at the Dragon Head Rock in Jeju eating cold raw fish soup with Sleepy”)

Some of the rest – Really? Such details?

Male MC: I like cold raw fish soup.

The rest – That’s right! They both love cold raw fish soup.

Hwang Yeong Jin – HYJ : Isn’t that right? This eyewitness wrote about these two people traveling together in the US, LA. Both were not in Korea then. Her agency said Son Yejin has gone traveling but she was traveling alone. And Hyunbin’s agency said he was overseas on business purposes.

Lady Jane – The public and reporters did not buy the “there is no basis” talk.

Sleepy – (His role in the show is to protect the actress): Honestly, anyone can just write, we don’t know who is the one writing and where this person is from. An anonymous person writing about something that people don’t know about. Won’t admit!

An Jin Young – AJY (Man in yellow shirt) – Eyewitnesses are really dangerous! This is because they don’t need to bear any responsibility for their eyewitness story. Regarding denial about their romantic relationship, they both have a different stance. Hyunbin is one who won’t shy away from romantic rumors and he had in the past just admitted easily. This time round, he has denied the rumors of a romantic relationship.

Lady Jane: Ah, that’s right.

AJY: Because of that, people say this is not like Hyunbin’s personality. So it must really be that they are not in a romantic relationship. So the public has this opinion.

HYJ: However, from this point, their dating rumors not only did not die down, it got bigger. The fire got bigger and a bigger incident happened! Ten days later, in SNS, pictures were taken and uploaded. In these pictures, the appearance of Hyunbin and Son Yejin being comfortable, each wearing a cap, at a mart can be seen. This generated a burst of interest and talk online. So this becomes the second round of rumors.

HSC: You see, the picture was taken in the US. It was assumed they were both overseas. So the first eyewitness’ account now has added credibility.

Lady Jane: As I see it, there are irrefutable signs. There is only one cart for the two of them and I was thinking, this time they might admit.

Female MC: Now, with pictures of them being overseas, let’s see what the official stand of the agencies is.

Choi Jeong Ah – CJA: At this point, I thought they will admit it, but, still, they say it is not. “The two actors are close friends and both happened to be in the US and they knew about the other being in the US, and so, after they checked with each other, they arranged to meet up.” The statement was like this. (some laughter). “And in the US, it wasn’t just the two of them meeting up. They had others with them but probably as the two of them are famous, the pictures is of the two of them.” I think it must be so difficult for Hyunbin to call personally to ascertain (the whereabouts of Son Yejin).

Someone in the group: It is such a great coincidence. Then this must really be destiny.

Laughter from the rest.

HSC: Going to the mart to do grocery shopping with Hyunbin..that appearance is like..if he was staying in a hotel, it is not likely he would go to the mart, so, I feel like he was staying in some kind of house. It looks like he was buying ingredients to cook together with acquaintances.

Lady Jane: Same country, same city, same district, same neighbourhood. No, this is strange! Honestly, even in Seoul, it is not easy to meet. (Male MC chimed in.)

HSC: (1 vote for not dating): Rather, it is easier to meet in LA. (Phone messages). “Oh LA ya? I am going there. Let’s eat together!” It is even easier to meet since they are in the LA, they meet and go to the mart to buy groceries together.

HYJ: If overseas, I can’t even track the location!

KGY: Lately, you can easily find the location of your friends on SNS. If you contact each other you can meet right away. There are many cases of such meet ups.

Male MC: If it is not a celebrity, others would protect (the privacy of such meet ups).

(Some discussion – whether date or just close acquaintances meet up.)

KGY: There is one real case. You know Lee Jong Won, I couldn’t contact him or meet him in Korea. I met him in a foreign country and ate dinner with him.

HYJ: Hyunbin’s and Son Yejin’s fans are really encouraging them to be in a romantic relationship. Looking at the comments, “please date!”, this kind of comments keep coming. The two will really make a beautiful romantic relationship story. Last year, they were in their first movie together, The Negotiation. When Hyunbin and Son Yejin’s casting news came out, everyone was really looking forward to the movie. (Comments that pop up – I hope it is a melo romance; looking forward to their romance..)

Lady Jane: It became a movie that not only has no romance, they were also acting as “enemies” in a hostile relationship opposite each other.

AJY: Those who have watched the movie would know that in the movie, they did not act together face to face; they talked and acted by looking at the other through the screen, so they had no opportunity to act together. So though they are of the same age, until the end, they did not use Banmal (casual language) with each other.

HSC: I see, that’s why. That’s why it was so dissatisfying. Ai..Err...

Female MC: Sorry to say this, but if they did not even have a scene together, how is it that people think they match so well?

Lady in brown dress: When the movie was being promoted, there were these stage greetings. They got together to do this. At that time, in Son Yejin’s SNS, they appeared intimate and showed that side to the public. Hyunbin whose usual personality is shy, appeared comfortable and at ease when he was with Son Yejin. When dating rumors came out, and I saw his appearance in the SNS, I was surprised to see that side of him. Before the dating rumors, I did an interview with Son Yejin. While interviewing her, as I like her and we got on well and were comfortably talking to each other, she asked, how was the interview with Hyunbin? (giggled). “No Jaem No Jaem” (meaning – he is “not fun”)). (The others laugh). I didn’t know they are close. So I said, “Hyunbin is a handsome looking man and he has a good personality, but he is just no fun.” So I said these things. Later when the rumors came out, I was like, oh, I should have watched my mouth. If they are really dating, I really should not have let my tongue slip. Though he is a good man..

Lady Jane: Even if Hyunbin is no fun, it is still okay. (Love sign with Hyunbin doing love hand gesture came out with caption: “(Show Title: I heard a Rumor Show) loves Hyunbin”)

Male MC: What are the reasons for not believing the denial reports of dating rumors? There are many people who don’t believe the denial reports, aren’t there?

Female MC: Here it’s 100% of us.

Comments on the side:

We have been tricked twice

You are going to say no, and you are going to date, right?

KGY: It’s common among celebrities to go through this process. Dating Rumors – Denial – After it becomes known, the truth. Though they deny, many did not believe them. They look good together and match so well. So, it would be good if they are. Their fans too really want them to be together.

CJA: At that time, when Song Song dating rumors came out, saying that they were traveling in the US together and this was also captured in photographs, at that time, the official response was, Definitely Not! Though they deny, in the end, they got married.

KJH: There are cases where anonymous eyewitnesses’ accounts become true. Erik and Na Hye Mi dating rumors also came from SNS – that they were seen in PC Room playing games together.

Lady Jane: There are many cases like this.

KJH: They denied but actually, were in a love relationship. Their romantic relationship ended in a marriage. No matter what, I do have my suspicion regarding Hyunbin and Son Yejin.

Female MC: I guess actors have to be cautious. If they are revealed to be in a love relationship, it would not be easy for them to take on the role of a couple in a project. This time round, their casting in a drama has been confirmed. At the end of the drama, they can say, we got closer in the drama. I think this kind of story is nice to hear, isn’t it. (Male MC chimed in). Is there any other reason for denying dating rumors?

Jeong Yeong Jin: I have one. Between a simple answer and a complicated answer, I will opt for an easy answer. It could be that they are at a stage where you can’t say they are in a romantic relationship yet, so people should understand and stop imagining that they are.

Lady Jane: To my mind, Son Yejin has never admitted to dating rumors in these 20 years. So up till now, she’s not had any dating scandals. Hyunbin on the other hand, has in the past admitted coolly to the truth of his dating with ease. However, this time round, even if it is true that he is dating Son Yejin, if he cares about her, it seems he will not be able to admit it.

AJY: There are cases where a close relationship becomes awkward after dating scandal breaks out. There are also cases where, after dating scandal breaks out, the relationship got closer. Which style will happen to this relationship? Many people are watching out for it.

PS - Please Read:

Please do not take my translation outside of this Soompi Thread without my permission. You may share this post by sharing the link to this post. And merely cr me is not good enough. My permission is required for any copying of my translation. Thank you. 

I am first and foremost a fan of Hyunbin. I am not a shipper fan though I really do like SYJ as well. As a fan, I am definitely supportive of his relationships. I got curious after I saw the title caption of the YouTube clip as it says, What are the Reasons for Dating Rumors Denials? I know Hyunbin has been upfront about his romantic relationships in the past. So when his agency denied, I just took it at face value, even though I myself saw many tell tale signs at the stage greetings of The Negotiation - (1. Him knowing that Pretty Noona's Filming staff were among the audience and bowing and thanking them and saying he has watched the drama well as if it was natural for him to do so. 2. Him always watching out for SYJ like ensuring the wire was not in her way, like reaching out his hand to steady her, like gesturing to her about her skirt etc; I know he is a real gentleman but seeing him pay this much attention to his co-star is a first for me. 3. I was also surprised to see him being so comfortable and being adorably silly in her IG (he is usually shy and easily embarrassed, though he is naturally adorable, he won't do aegyo and least of all, act silly, so that side of him is quite a different side that I have not yet seen. 4. Most recently, him mentioning SYJ in his Esquire interview (he is not a person who will say or do things for media play or publicity purposes, so I was quite surprised). So the YouTube video did help to enlighten me. I don't know much about SYJ and so, the explanation that one of the reasons could be because SYJ herself does not want any dating scandal helps to explain why he denied (that is if they are indeed in a romantic relationship). Some knetz and inetz have gone so far as to say that he seems to have changed somewhat - coz if they are in a dating relationship, why is he denying (coz he's not the type to deny)?  If not, why is he showing these lovey doveys? For media play? So you can imagine how sorry for him I felt when I see such comments. After watching the clip, I have a better understanding now. And I also started lurking here and have read all the posts here. So I now know a bit more about SYJ. For those of you who don't know that much about him, Hyunbin's fans love him for being a "No Jaem" person coz he is really non-pretentious, sincere and honest. And he is really naturally adorable haha..especially when he is embarrassed which happens easily and not infrequently.:D

Like most of their fans, I will be very happy if they are in a relationship. Hyunbin has always wanted to get married and settle down. So I hope he finds the right one whom he can spend a lifetime with soon. As a fan, I will quietly support them and at the same time, respect their privacy. If they are already in a relationship, they need the time and space to nurture their relationship. So, until any official announcement, I am back to taking their denials at face value. But I will continue to lurk here to enjoy all the sweetness and support for this couple.:wub:

Wow Sis thanks for the translation really appreciated. Hope to see you more here on this simple thread to our lovely couple 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, cybertron said:

Seems like they hv returned to SK.

Is it normal when the drama filming abroad,nobody spot the crews and the cast at the airport??

Or CLL is the only one that is sooooo secretive?

Were there reports about their return? How did you find out? I can't wait for this drama... I am so excited!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, luffie said:

Were there reports about their return? How did you find out? I can't wait for this drama...

HB already in Korea yesterday.

He looks sooo hot,handsome and glowing..

Happy with his love life maybe...

erm not maybe..definitely..:wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

@randomlee Thanks so much for your translation... Like you I'm also a big HB fan since long ago. And like you I tried to stay away from shipping HB with anyone and was not that invested in whoever he was dating. I thought then that it must be hard going though the rollercoaster of emotions shipping HB would be when we as fans will never really know the truth as he is so private with his lovelife. Not even during the height of the Worlds Within and Secret Garden fame when shipping him was so loud and prevalent did I join the wagon... And then, SYJ came into the picture and I couldn't help but ship them. Not only was I a big fan of SYJ also but more than that yes, those tell-tale signs you said in your posts plus the the LA pics and sightings swayed me too much. But what shook me up and made me come out and finally admit that there must be really something concrete here was the news that both of them were considering starring in this drama. Given their very private nature and how guarded HB & SYJ are, and after the rumor shook the SK and internet world, it meant that they both do not mind at all to be identified with each other and that, if there's really something romantic, this time they're serious about it. That's why I was not at all surprised when I read Knetz reactions after the news of the drama predicting about marriage. And reading HB's Esquire interview so excited for his future & full of hope that it would be happier makes me think that he must have found what he was looking for finally for him to say that with certainty. Well, this is what I pray and hope for.

• Like 6
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 2

15 hours ago, cybertron said:

Seems like they hv returned to SK.

Is it normal when the drama filming abroad,nobody spot the crews and the cast at the airport??

Or CLL is the only one that is sooooo secretive?

That's what I'm asking too. I can understand why there is so much secrecy in the shooting scenes of CLL. I think I've read before that the writer is very particular about keeping the shooting under wraps for fear of revealing accidentally any spoilers. Unlike when HB was shooting MOA where Granada shootings pics were quite openly posted, this time I was prepared that CLL would be different. What surprised me though was the complete absence of any airport pics of their Switzerland trip. I can't believe that the very quick SK entertainment media/press is totally unaware of it. If there are airport pics of Kpop idols, how much more would it be newsworthy when this is HB and SYJ we're talking about. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, firstaid said:

I can't believe that the very quick SK entertainment media/press is totally unaware of it. If there are airport pics of Kpop idols, how much more would it be newsworthy when this is HB and SYJ we're talking about. 

Same thing happened when the rumor still hot.

Reporters were waiting for them at the airport everyday.

But then,nobody ask them personally about the rumor until now.

Is it because their status as A List,so they are well protected and well respected by reporters? 

So,reporters will only write about them once they/the agency approved.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, firstaid said:

But what shook me up and made me come out and finally admit that there must be really something concrete here was the news that both of them were considering starring in this drama. Given their very private nature and how guarded HB & SYJ are, and after the rumor shook the SK and internet world, it meant that they both do not mind at all to be identified with each other and that, if there's really something romantic, this time they're serious about it. That's why I was not at all surprised when I read Knetz reactions after the news of the drama predicting about marriage. And reading HB's Esquire interview so excited for his future & full of hope that it would be happier makes me think that he must have found what he was looking for finally for him to say that with certainty. Well, this is what I pray and hope for.

Thank you so much for sharing your views! This is the first time I am presented with this viewpoint. Purely for the sake of having an intellectual discussion on this, the fact that they have confirmed the drama can actually go the other way. In fact when the drama casting confirmation news came out, I saw many knetz comments that go like this - “Heol, aren’t they dating?”; “Then it’s true that they are not dating” etc - because the common belief is that if they are dating they won’t confirm acting together in a drama. At that time, I too saw it that way. In fact, when news came out stating they have been offered I was fearing one of them would turn it down and I actually felt that it would be such a pity coz I wanted to see them in a project together after witnessing their fantastic chemistry. I was honestly quite torn haha - I wanted to see them together in a romance project and yet, at the same time, I was also hoping that Hyunbin would find his love soon as he’s not young anymore :) So when the casting confirmation news came out, I shelved away the idea that they might be in a romantic relationship. It is after all very difficult and tricky to marry work and a romantic relationship together.

I would also add that this is not the first time SYJ has chosen to do a back to back project with someone she is rumored to be dating. She did that with Kim Nam Gil as well. There were rumors they were dating after their TV project but they went on to do a movie together in defiance of the rumors to prove that the rumors were unfounded. Taking a leaf from that, it is possible that it is like that in this instance too.

However, taking on board what you have shared, I will paint these two scenarios: 1. They are really not dating and such, they don’t have a problem acting together and this will help to fob off the rumors. 2. They are dating and their relationship is at such a mature level that they are confident of being able to act together with no awkwardness. 

Just an intellectual and speculative  discussion and just my two cents worth. Incidentally the reporters in the Channel A YouTube video did not approach this topic on the basis of whether they are or they aren’t dating. Rather, it is about the reasons for denial B) 

One of the reasons speculated in the Channel A video is puzzling to me -  though they are dating they can’t admit so that they are able to act in a project together. That reason only makes sense if they had already committed to doing the project and so, they can’t admit as their dating news would overshadow the drama and cause people to lose interest in the drama. 

Whatever the reason or speculation etc, we will not know till more information is made public. Like the reporters, for now, I will choose to be in the 100 % that don’t believe the denial reports haha:P

And I look forward to enjoying their romance in the drama and I harbor the hope that the romance is not just in reel but real as well.

Cheers.

• Like 8
  • Love 6

17 hours ago, cybertron said:

Same thing happened when the rumor still hot.

Reporters were waiting for them at the airport everyday.

But then,nobody ask them personally about the rumor until now.

Is it because their status as A List,so they are well protected and well respected by reporters? 

So,reporters will only write about them once they/the agency approved.

Seems like there's a "hands-off" agreement with all the entertainment press/media regarding them. I would like to believe that the media are doing this as a sign of respect and thus giving them the space they need. One thing is certain in HB's Esquire Q&A, he is very much aware how curious the reporters and the consequently the public is on the state of his personal life (most esp his lovelife). His laughter to the reporter's questions regarding this belie such awareness. I can imagine that the reporter was briefed first on what questions are allowed or not to ask. Still, the SYJ issue is like an elephant in the room. It's too obvious and big, that it can't be ignored and must be at the back of everyone's mind everytime he faces the press and interviews. HB knows this as well. The same for SYJ. I'm just waiting for the CLL presscon.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, randomlee said:

One of the reasons speculated in the Channel A video is puzzling to me -  though they are dating they can’t admit so that they are able to act in a project together. That reason only makes sense if they had already committed to doing the project and so, they can’t admit as their dating news would overshadow the drama and cause people to lose interest in the drama. 

You have a valid point. The rumors happened January 2019 so there wasn't any drama offer in the picture yet. So their denial of the rumors has nothing at all to do with a drama project. I can only speculate 3 reasons why they denied that time. 1)At that time, they were really not dating and are really just friends. 2)They are still in the beginning of romance and nothing that definite yet to admit. 3)They're already in the relationship but just chose to deny it for the ff reasons: they wanted to keep it private to protect their relationship, as well as SYJ's reputation (imaginations can go wild knowing that they were there alone and abroad), her family might be on the conservative side etc.

• Like 3
  • Love 1