[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

11 hours ago, NaYouSabi? said:

((Skip))

@tok-soompi, I am lazy but it seems this is the one topic I can type forever about… I have never seen him fighting chairman, or the bar about him being rich for SA if that was so then he should have put that 1.9 bw to better use… ie getting the girl… people share things with others, this argument says with every friend he gets close to and shares with, he automatically does not know how he feels… We could argue that his way of loving is not ideal, but that his love is fickle I disagree… It’s been many years, he has grown seen the world and am guessing knows what love is… I could say he has never giving himself the chance to be open to more love, but that does not mean his love for her is just a mere crush… This man can still function and live life apart from her while still knowing he loves her that takes a lot and more than just a teenage crush…

((Skip))

@NaYouSabi?, what do you mean by "i have never seen him fighting chairman, or the bar of him being rich for SA" ?   

Keke long elaborate thought.  So warning to readers, read only when you are bored waiting for previews cos it is very long thought.  Haha!

As mentioned I believed SRY still like SA and never think of otherwise.  As he said himself, he is stubbon and foolish.  So stubbon that he strongly believed he need to have certain capability that SA can lean on him for support just like how Janga can support her.  Not the love relationship of support i am talking about here.  More of giving the girl her independence and feel secure.  And it is icing on the cake if that includes to love SA without making her worry or in difficult position about anything.  He wanted to become successful where he can do and have the power to do whatever he wants in career and in love.  When i mention he needs to become rich, i do not mean the superficial way that both SA and SRY need.

Note, he has not push to move his relationship to next stage because his plan needs time and he believed in building the foundation strong and not sacrifice anyone including SA long built career.  

SRY is so careful with his first love that he also close up to share many details with her as he truly does not want her to feel troubled on which sides to take.  Aka he is selfless.

Quoting SY: you have to be selfish when it comes to love.  Meaning if you want the love to be fruitful, you must think about yourself and pursue to ensure the person love you back.  To start a boy girl relationship.

He himself knows he is selfish to SY as he needs her to make the business big.

As for SY, she is definitely moving forward to her goal in term of love interest.  Unlike SRY style, she is the gung ho type.  She believed she can equally work towards love and career success without always worry too much how it affects SRY and his career.  She is also very aware that SRY do not have feeling for her for now.

SRY does not have love interest with SY yet.  To him now, she is like his smart little sister, his strategist, his business companion that can help him to make his business towards his goal.  But she is slowly and surely creeping into SRY heart and tighten it without him realising it.  She slowly making herself more than just an employee.  As we saw that SRY breakdown his facade and begin to share with her his bitter life.  He is very comfortable with her.  Thus he also get angry when she is not in the same page as him.  He has very high expectation of her comparing to all her other staff.

But up to the current episode.  SRY still like his crush alots and no feelings for SY and SY has already move from like to love. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve

Wow:blink:. Thank you so much for the link video. I didnt know it was a live event through Jtbc YT channel. This is really neat. 

Btw, KDM with her all black hair *internal screaming,* She's SO BEAUTIFUL :flushed:

8021-B805-BC7-B-4-DE7-A68-C-29-A92-B1-CD

Yeap, today even PSJ dresses a bit like Park Sae Roy too xD

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Boom said:

Will the series be broadcast in this week?)

Yes, like usually;)

Official channel and company behind IC OST live broadcasting all OST MVs right now

2020-02-28-12-15-03.png

Gaho - Start OST part 2

2020-02-28-12-15-27.png

Ha Hyun Woo - Stone OST part 3

2020-02-28-12-19-00.png

Kim Feel - Someday, The Boy OST part 6

So far 3 OSTs hit more than 1 million views.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

41 minutes ago, wisely1300 said:

Can someone translate? What did they say in the press con? Anything new or just the usual “the drama will be full of twists and turns and you should turn in and watch till the end” stuff?

They talked about their characters, thanked audience for thier love, talked about Park Sae Roy's style and hair that is gaining popularity in SK, Jo Yi Seo's popularity, girls charms, recreated some lines, joked a bit around. We will see full translation or snippets of them a bit later;)

41 minutes ago, pwnkl said:

Kim Da Mi look so gorgeous! that full black-pony'd is stunning :wub: I was a bit curious why didn't they go full blonde following the webtoon, on second thought, trash that idea lol

Probably too damaging for the hair, especially since she an actress and not an idol. Plus, overall they're trying to make their style chic, but still closer to realistic and less "webtoonie";) 

• Like 8

@serenilmauve I'm going to vote for the chic style they went for any day! B) But I do love that they went webtoonie with chairman Jang, it's a rare one or I'm just not familiar with the kind of style.. but yeah pretty much tired with the chaebols-villainy going on full suit/tux ('makes a man') but again they were working on corporate formal attire is an ethic.

I find it so amusing and charming how KDM pulls off every clothing she wears up until now.. gotta admit, I'm not the fashionable type..barely appreciate every clothing from kdramas as they were supposed to be stylish. JYS wears every sort and somehow I'm liking every outfit only exception when she wore a full boots :sweatingbullets: 

KNR is dashing as always, if I heard it right? she's an idol turn actress right? she's definitely got the visual that cold eyes perfect for OSA. Meanwhile PSJ is a babe :wub: 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, pwnkl said:

@serenilmauve I'm going to vote for the chic style they went for any day! B) But I do love that they went webtoonie with chairman Jang, it's a rare one or I'm just not familiar with the kind of style.. but yeah pretty much tired with the chaebols-villainy going on full suit/tux ('makes a man') but again they were working on corporate formal attire is an ethic.

I find it so amusing and charming how KDM pulls off every clothing she wears up until now.. gotta admit, I'm not the fashionable type..barely appreciate every clothing from kdramas as they were supposed to be stylish. JYS wears every sort and somehow I'm liking every outfit only exception when she wore a full boots :sweatingbullets: 

KNR is dashing as always, if I heard it right? she's an idol turn actress right? she's definitely got the visual that cold eyes perfect for OSA. Meanwhile PSJ is a babe :wub: 

I think it's good contrast between Jang Dong Hee, who is dressed in modern version of hanbok, which is showcases how he is "too traditional and conservative", when on other hand we have street style dressed free-spirited Park Sae Roy. Both have strong principles, but one is close-minded and rejects people, while other is completely "people oriented" and all about empathy and understanding. So it's like old vs new lol Even Sae Ro Yi in korean means "new" if I'm correct;)

From official JTBC IG account 

• Like 7

@serenilmauve It is, and a terrific point. I love your interpretations of their clothes that stays true or speaks a lot with the characters respectively. Same goes with their pub, as I see the exterior and interior of Jangga Co is quite the vintage type, distinctly opposite of DanBam. Now by looking at the press con photos again, I can now distinguish or it is easily distinguish who's side who's on, mean OSA and Chairman Jang is dressed uptight lol :rolleyes: Modern hanbok by Chairman Jang is aesthetically pleasing in my eyes, though in real life I'm a SRY and probably prefer Jangga Co for a night out. (I just love/prefer traditional ambience)

Spoiler

Sorry, can't help you with that, not a clue on what Sae Ro-Yi means :sweatingbullets: I'd love to talk about more about the drama, but I'm afraid I have to call it a night my friend, it's 3 AM on my part of the world. It's been a while the last time I checked soompi, I only had the chance to back track probably 8 pages so far. The exchange of opinion in regard of OSA is quite intense.. not wanting a piece of that. On another note, discussion in regards of social stigma is profoundly being tackled by everyone, I'm learning a lot :wub: I'm a Jo Yi Seo bias B) she's in a class by itself in terms of FL and as a certain character.

Do you guys mind if I ask where do you watch Itaewon Class? I'm watching it on Netflix but the subs keeps on changing, I'm not sure if they were updating it to be more accurate. I do want to go over other subs too, just to compare.

• Like 3

@pwnkl As I know Netflix is the only subtitles provider and distributor (online), that why it's labeled as a Netflix original. 

So cute xD PSJ pointed out, that CSK's picture behind Dami is destructing and funny looking lol 

Spoiler

PSJ's humor minute lol

JTBC is also into tone deaf PSR lol

Spoiler

Event announcement

Spoiler

Fanart

• Like 5
  • Love 3

On 2/22/2020 at 10:41 AM, tok-soompi said:

She mentioned she like someone who is rich and thus it is part of his goal.  He wanted to make it happen (apart from his own revenge)  She is extremely important to him.

what do you mean by "i have never seen him fighting chairman, or the bar of him being rich for SA" ?   

that was my thoughts on the above observation ...  i could say the fight is for many things but i don't necessary thing he ever wanted to get rich because she made such a statement ... 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1