[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

@serenilmauve

That's so funny. I'm suprised how popular his look is, especially his chestnut hair. As for the ladies hair, I forgot about extensions lol. 

I like SRY with his chestnut do. It's very on brand of him to keep it. If it were different, he look like every generic kdrama M/L. Even his unwavering principles is intact on his head lol. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@Anjalifairy

I love that outfit she wore when they went on their trip. The sweater & skirt combo with the long coat was nice. I love how she wears long skirts with tights or jeans under. It suits JYS so much. She tends to wear layers of clothes. So stylish. If you compare her style to SA, JYS has alot of variation. SA wears alot of professional work attire, which is ofcourse granted for her occupation, but when she wears regular clothes, it doesnt have a distinct style to it. The stylist really knows how to suit up SRY & JYS character that is unique to them. 

Yep bcs Yiseo is a popular young influencer, so it makes sense that she always looks uniquely stylish here. While Sooah as a career woman, she also dresses according to her age and her occupation. I think she looks elegant in her office looks :)

25 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

Also I expect people to complain, that in 15 years Park Sae Roy didn’t change his hairstyle lol 

Whatever, it’s my biggest ship anyway xD

Yasssss Park Saeroy and his chestnut hair is my biggest ship in the entire show lolll

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

12 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve

That's so funny. I'm suprised how popular his look is, especially his chestnut hair. As for the ladies hair, I forgot about extensions lol. 

I like SRY with his chestnut do. It's very on brand of him to keep it. If it were different, he look like every generic kdrama M/L. Even his unwavering principles is intact on his head lol. 

I think Park Sae Roy’s character and attitude one of the biggest reasons why his style overall very appealing to guys. He just looks like someone you actually want to follow. It’s not something traditional, common in k-dramaland look wise, but still very cool, imo. It gives him that manly vibe, which is in line with his character ark of being a leader, boss and a big brother to DanBam members. 

I mean, PSJ cut his hair a long time ago, but the real popularity started with the drama premiere. 

Exactly, you would think people already gasped how stubborn this guy can be;)) 

• Like 5

@Anjalifairy

SA proffessional attire/clothes are super nice, totally not baggin' on it. I'm talking moreso about her regular clothes that she wears that doesnt have a distinctness to it, which is fair. Sometimes after working from 5 to 9 & wearing all those suits, you just want to pop on some regular jean & a comfy jacket lol. I like that SA wears pants/suits instead of tight skirts & super/high heels for work. 

I just really like JYS chicness. KDM pulls it off. Sometimes her clothes appear mismatched/funky but it really suits her. I love all her little side bags/purse.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

I think Park Sae Roy’s character and attitude one of the biggest reasons why his style overall very appealing to guys. He just looks like someone you actually want to follow. It’s not something traditional, common in k-dramaland look wise, but still very cool, imo. It gives him that manly vibe, which is in line with his character ark of being a leader, boss and a big brother to DanBam members. 

I mean, PSJ cut his hair a long time ago, but the real popularity started with the drama premiere. 

Exactly, you would think people already gasped how stubborn this guy can be;)) 

I remember Gwangjin said that he laughed a lot when he finished drawing Saeroy's character for the first time with chestnut hair. But thanks to him, now that chestnut hair is truly iconic! 

20 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@Anjalifairy

SA proffessional attire/clothes are super nice, totally not baggin' on it. I'm talking moreso about her regular clothes that she wears that doesnt have a distinctness to it, which is fair. Sometimes after working from 5 to 9 & wearing all those suits, you just want to pop on some regular jean & a comfy jacket lol. I like that SA wears pants/suits instead of tight skirts & high heels for work. 

I just really like JYC chicness. KDM pulls it off. Sometimes her clothes appear mismatched/funky but it really suits her. 

Yeah, your explanation about Sooah regular clothes also makes sense. And it's somewhat relatable to me bcs i'm a office worker with blazer and heels from 9 to 5 everyday, so whenever i finished my work, i just feel like wearing my hoodie and regular jeans right away. But the difference with me and Sooah is, she still looks nice and trendy with boots even in her comfort wear (like when she went to Danbam asking for some ice cube), while me, slipper is my bestfriend lol 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

I remember Gwangjin said that he laughed a lot when he finished drawing Saeroy's character for the first time with chestnut hair. But thanks to him, now that chestnut hair is truly iconic! 

Kinda curious why he decided to go with chestnut hairstyle :lol:

Also, Park Seo Jun himself thought about even more buzzcut version of his hairstyle, but Gwang Jin instructed them to cut they way it’s now;) So he had a specific view how it should look like;) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Closeness point system with SRY:

SA

- wrist grab

- hug

- piggy back

- hold arm

- almost kiss

SY

- wrist grab

- lie down on him

- stolen his first kiss

- pat head thrice

- hand on shoulder

- hold arm

- lie down on his lap

- pull his hand to cry over

- rub the back

- head on his shoulder

:D for fun

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

Has there been a preview please?

Good evening. I just finished the latest episode and have been avoiding the forums. I wanted to avoid spoilers but am now in suspense.

Thanks. Was there anything interesting in the preview? I am still reeling at how proactively vindictive the Jangga boss is.  It's been awhile since I've met a proper villain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

Has there been a preview please?

Good evening. I just finished the latest episode and have been avoiding the forums. I wanted to avoid spoilers but am now in suspense.

Thanks. Was there anything interesting in the preview? I am still reeling at how proactively vindictive the Jangga boss is.  It's been awhile since I've met a proper villain.

This week there will be no preview, but 2nd press-con from IC team;)

@Matilda_Anne yeap, one of girls already posted it;) Saw several youtubers also attempting to copy PSR’s hairstyle, which I guess shows IC’s popularity overall;))

• Like 3

5 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

Talking about style, I’m actually more excited with the present day Ma Hyun Yi’s style. I wonder how they will dress her after transition. And I’m curious about Choi Seung Kwon too;) Not sure if Tony will be any different :lol: 

My guess is Hyuni will wear wig with 100% style as woman and Seungkwon will take off his beanie :D

3 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

Closeness point system with SRY:

SA

- wrist grab

- hug

- piggy back

- hold arm

- almost kiss

SY

- wrist grab

- lie down on him

- stolen his first kiss

- pat head thrice

- hand on shoulder

- hold arm

- lie down on his lap

- pull his hand to cry over

- rub the back

- head on his shoulder

:D for fun

Does it count despite not being aired on the broadcast? :D

aboutpsj-20200227-0001.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

5 Reasons Why “Itaewon Class” Is The K-Drama You Didn’t Know You Needed

5 Reasons Why “Itaewon Class” Is The K-Drama You Didn’t Know You Needed

“Itaewon Class” is a new K-drama starring Park Seo Joon as Park Sae Roy and Kim Da Mi as Jo Yi Seo. If you haven’t already started watching this series, it’s a definite must-watch and will most likely change your K-drama watching game. Here are five reasons why “Itaewon Class” is a K-drama you need to watch!

Warning: minor spoilers below.

full article: https://www.soompi.com/article/1383803wpp/5-reasons-why-itaewon-class-is-the-k-drama-you-didnt-know-you-needed

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

On 2/21/2020 at 7:58 PM, Whisper2 said:

@NaYouSabi? 

Spoiler

you have unpopular opinions which I LOVE... I stan you and your GIFs lol. Please write more so I don't have to types my thoughts :lol:

By the way being a scholarship recipient myself i can empathise with many of SA's situation.. it meant the world to me, i couldnt care too much what happens at the top.. some of the top executives were wrapped in bribery scandals, some cases indirectly affecting my own community/family.. but rejecting a scholarship/job doesn't help the like you said..i just couldn't care so much as a student.. on personal experience, the handler takes good care of me, was concerned about how i do, concerns for me like a family (somelike like PSR's father to SA).. but even without that person in charge i would have accepted the scholarship the same way..

My most memorable lines in ep 7:

PSR to SA

"You dont have to choose between both sides, just take your own side.."

"how i collect shares is secret because i don't want you to be caught between both of us"

"I like you because you are always independent and take care of yourself well"

PSR to JGS

"SHUT UP"

PSR to JYS

"Tiger actually roars"

SA to PSR

"You wanted to end my career.. somehow I'm happy to hear that and rooting for you"

SA to JYS

"You seem to hate me.. i don't hate you though"

"Thank you" (for the ice)

JYS to GS

"I like PSR but not crazy for him. Feeling and emotion can be unstable and change based on situations."

"I make friends with you because you are rich and can be useful to me.. but you seem not so useful"

GS to Chairman

"I didn't ask PSR the truth.. because I guess our family is the atrocious one"

"Do you really think DanBam is justa fishbowl?"

Tony

"Welcome" in Korean to white customers

Reveal hidden contents

By the way am i the only one feeling weird about YS lying on PSR's lap, based on there relation at this point? If my male junior, no matter how close, does that to me I would be weirded out.. if I do that to my male boss he would either take it as sexual advance or sue me for sexual harrassment lol..

And if my partner does that to his co-worker i would definitely flip..

@Whisper2 here's the funny thing jco is a good company, good business sense, for once it’s not the company doing sh*tty things but, just the chairman and chiarson doing things in their private lives… For once it’s a good company with good investors, for once the company does not solely belong to the villain, but still how dare she work there???

Someone was asked if they Would say no to and they said yes… And all I could thing was "that's because you can afford to"

Am from a 3rd world country, civil war, corruption, world superpowers in control (they want the minerals) and horrible governance, and these same ppwers come in pretending they care ask me if I won't take their help… they sell the weapons to both sides, send in their tropes in the name of "Support", and then send in the UN in the name of peace, have refugee bursaries blah blah blah… I see it, I know it and I live it, but ask me if I would ever say no to the help… SA's one is even better…

What I love about SRY, is his ability to live and let live… They entire world might judge her but he tells her live your life, you worked hard for it…

And SA's faith in him… People might refuse to see it, but these are two people who know each other, she had told him “you don't say things you don't mean" and her strong believe that he will succeed amazes, even without her help… I find that faith in him amazing… And I think it’s that faith that makes her believe just the way he keeps all his promises he will always like her… But then am not sure because she goes out of her way to pint to YS SRY 101…

Sexual harassment is the name, but depending on where you stand, it doesn't matter that it's an invasion, that it's someone lap, that it's a boss’s lap, the power dynamics don't matter… It's about the fact that she likes him, how he feels doesn't matter, it’s about the future, in the future they will get together, so why should it matter after all it can only be wrong if it was a male employee getting into the space of a colleague in such a way…

But am interested in why she cried…

On 2/22/2020 at 9:41 AM, tok-soompi said:

This is gold!  Talk about stereotype.

Reveal hidden contents

Credit to author

Purely my opinion.  Believe some may already mention.  Sae-Ro-Yi had a teenage crush and he held her close to heart as she is his crush and has stay with her all along.  She mentioned she like someone who is rich and thus it is part of his goal.  He wanted to make it happen (apart from his own revenge)  She is extremely important to him.

But that is teenage crush.  True long term love relationship is actually when you are very comfortable with the opposite sex that you are willing to share whatever you have been holding back.  But Sae-Ro-Yi may not know that.  Cos his life has been pretty close up after his dad death.  It maybe shocking to him too if he realised in his own term there is something else as he will be confused with what he is exactly feeling with his crush?

For now he definitely has no love feeling for his manager.  His manager is also very aware of that.

That is why love is complicated and irrational sometimes.  

@tok-soompi, I am lazy but it seems this is the one topic I can type forever about… I have never seen him fighting chairman, or the bar about him being rich for SA if that was so then he should have put that 1.9 bw to better use… ie getting the girl… people share things with others, this argument says with every friend he gets close to and shares with, he automatically does not know how he feels… We could argue that his way of loving is not ideal, but that his love is fickle I disagree… It’s been many years, he has grown seen the world and am guessing knows what love is… I could say he has never giving himself the chance to be open to more love, but that does not mean his love for her is just a mere crush… This man can still function and live life apart from her while still knowing he loves her that takes a lot and more than just a teenage crush…

On 2/22/2020 at 7:50 AM, serenilmauve said:

I feel like Gwang Jin is doing it wrong by doubling down on Oh Soo Ah or Jangga. Despite how many people online like to act as OSA is interesting in her conflicts and etc., she is not. Scenes with her pretty repetitive in nature. And Jangga also better in smaller douses. He should double down on Jo Yi Seo's craziness instead. Her energy makes Itaewon Class exciting, along with Park Sae Roy's unwillingness to give up. So, they better not get audience exhausted with something they didn't come for. And they should deal with Jang Gun Won faster too. 

Waiting for Yoon Mi Rae's soundtrack. Hope it's good, we didn't even hear glimpses. I guess it's for Jo Yi Seo's feelings. 

I like how Jo Yi Seo is one of the few people who can provoke strong emotions from Park Sae Roy;) 

@serenilmauvve, I Could argue that every scene I  face value on this sure is wash rinse repeat, YS and taking down the employees one by one, SRY always shouting my people, the throw down with chairman, but instead I will like to disagree with the statement the scenes between them is repetitive, nope its informative, they might not be doing some earth moving background music scene, but with every scene we find out something new about these two, why they fight too hard to keep hold of this love that, is everything but good for them… Unlike how everyone kept saying "crush" we finally know why he likes her, why he has kept on liking her till today… that almost kiss itself showed him and us yes, she can't always keep her feelings in control and drunk people never lie [sometimes], I can't go through Every scène but I love that their moment focuses on them and their dynamic, her believe in him and his believe in himself and his love for her… Because to me at every turn, everyone seem to want to tell me how SRY isn't really in love, but then with Every scène we are showed he knows what he wants what he is doing, and what he wants to achieve, making the love of his life unemployed is just the cherry on top… Might not be the love of his life in future but that is what she is now… Or the like of his life…

On 2/23/2020 at 5:59 AM, Whisper2 said:

Most memorable moments in ep 8:

- JYS crush SA's ice.. not that i like it, but it was fun and satisfying to see someone releasing anger/stress(other than punching bag).. then proceeds to coffee with SA with the sulky kid look.. this cutie got character :joy:

- i like SA being the person that gives 'how to win the man' advice to YS.. i also like that YS is able to take pointers from the person she hates.. so basically SA understands PSR but she can't put them into action, even if she want to PSR would want her to stay out of the fight (but i can appreciate SA trying to talk to JDH about the building tenancy wo PSR knowledge).. YS at the end of ep 8, decides that in order to support PSR, she doesn't always agree with him, but she will act based on PSR principles and not attempt to change him..

- that being said i hope that YS has the ability to appreciate and build meaningful personal relationships, for her own growth and happiness. She was being very mean to GS. She seems to be nice to GS (and other members like Tony) to the extent it pleases PSR. What i wish for is, she can appreciate them the same w/wo PSR.

- this is a huge contrast with PSR, who sees the whole crew as family, he wants to protect them. The way he pats YS head and GS shoulder gives me the genuine head of family vibe.

- SA rejecting GW in his face, not because of PSR but because of "the person who was like a father figure" to her.

@Whisper2, that scene was when I sank with my nonexistent ship… To Me that was SA again showing her feelings for SRY, because it’s always said she doesn't like him or show it, maybe not to him always but to us at every point…. Her advising YS, to me showed her steps to let go of SRY…

On 2/23/2020 at 6:41 AM, Broaddaylight said:

YS' character is really awful. Yes, she is "developing", but not for the right reasons. She has little sympathy - today's episode shows it again. She is only accepting everyone and everything in her surroundings, because she is so lovestruck by PSRY - she is willing to deviate from her conservative values for PSRY. She is lucky that PSRY adheres to his idealistic values, and does not get swayed by her. If he was like her, DanBam would only have her and CSK as employees. Heck, even CSK's job would not be safe as he is an ex-convict without a "heroic and sob story" like PSRY.

Next episodes should be fun though. I assume that YS will infiltrate Jangga from the inside. I am sure she will not betray PSRY because of her obsessiveness for him. But I hope that she becomes less one-dimensional, because until so far she blindly follows PSRY. I hope she develops some sympathy/people skills as well. For now I am definitely team OSA.

@Broaddaylight writers are writing themselves into a corner, to me she ins’t developing but changing and I can argue not for the good… Saying am sorry when you don't see why you are sorry or why you should be sorry is not really sorry… I would prefer they let her realise that her way of thinking is wrong not "IDGAF, but love of my life does so let me pretend to“

Making her change about SRY, and not really about her seeing how what she says or does to those around her is hurtful really was a disservice to her… Because it comes across as am still this horrible person, but for SRY let me curb my enthusiasm…

On 2/23/2020 at 10:22 AM, Kimsungrin said:

But I dont think one can say JYS is showing growth. The only reason she took Toni's side and accepted that JGS stay with Danbam is because that is what PSRY wants. She doesnt care about JGS even though they ve been "friends" for a long time like we could see when she took his hand and asks if he could really quit to beg his father to let PSRY alone. How can a friend, no, even just a co worker do that? 

She care even less about Toni and the way she reacted at the club showed that. That situation was different from Ma Hyun yi situation. With MHY, she stated "business" facts: if people were to know her identity they could boycott the pub and it will suffer loss, plus her cooking is lacking. That was discrimination but she didnt attacked her. But she has been patronizing with Toni from the start. She looked down on him and mocked him everytime he said he was korean. And at the club scene, she is leggit disrespectul by saying how could he claim to be korean when he looks like that (having a dark skin). She didnt say to MHY: how could you pretend to be a woman when you are in fact a man but she kept saying that Toni was african and cant never pass for a korean. The only reason she made a post on instagram about the racist pub is because PSRY took his side so she had to follow to stay on his side.

Thats not growth. Thats obsession and selfishness. 

they are doing a disservice to her by making it all about him ... 

On 2/23/2020 at 3:37 PM, strongtower said:

It's clearly SRY & SA loveline that's gonna happen. SY & JGS also.

When SA asked SRY if SY was impt to him, it was a hint of jealousy starting to build up from SA.

First time poster here. IC is a good drama. I'm so happy for the  guy who plays the second son of chairman Jang cause he stars both in the No. 1 (SKY castle) & 2 dramas in jtbc. :D

its not going to happen, history says none of my ships will ever sale… All I want is one passionate AF kiss and then the separate… am tired of their nonsense … 

On 2/23/2020 at 5:59 PM, Whisper2 said:

True that.. team JGS all the way :joy:

He is so precious i can't wish anything good to anybody that hurts him.. 

@serenilmauve i don't read PSR's expectation that SA should be on her own side and YS should be on his side to be a differentiator on who he has feelings for. I think he would expect the same regardless

1) because he doesn't want SA to be caught in between, he wants her to stay out of his fight

2) everyone in Danbam crew should be on his side including YS

@Whisper2

Hé is not confused about what he wants or feels, yeah she might get jealous and finally act, but to me and him he needs his crew even the ones that get him angry…

On 2/24/2020 at 2:56 AM, yookitube said:

SA had all the chances over the years....but only showed a token of her guarded sympathy for PSR..... Because she chose to play it safe putting all her eggs into the Jangga basket.......which is quite understandable as the Chairman saw to it... that was her only choice.

She is practically a conniving captive of Jangga as she plays PSR and JGW like a fiddle... using her charms.....well aware those men had their romantic eyes on her.

Quite unlike YS who shares the same feisty mindset and conscience for justice and fairness as PSR.   No wonder she went all-in for PSR... despite the hurdles and uncertainty/odds of their objective.  She quickly identified and adjusted into his psyche..even shedding tears of empathy and sadness over the pain and suffering PSR went thru in his journey......as if the pain was hers too.

Whereas SA never cared if PSR went to the gates of hell and back....as she can only offer a mere token of  subjective sympathy, from a distance....and when it is convenient. 

Bottom line.... that girl SA sucks. 

Just my thoughts.

@yookitube

I feel she chooses to work there and why can't she, why should she give up a good job at a good company?? We could say there are other companies around but why most she leave the current one, chairman might be chairman but he isn't the only boss…

How is how what these two feel for her fault why is she to take fool respon3that they won't let her go and keep following… since high school she hasn't shown interest in and the other she just met after 7 years… But she is still the conning woman keeping them on leeches??

What has she taken from them, what has she gained from them that could constitute her playing them like fiddles…??

If not sympathy was she to stop her life and strive for survival and sit back and wait for him outside for two years??... Has she not offered after all these years her experience to him and he said no??

On 2/24/2020 at 4:29 AM, Whisper2 said:

People hating on SA.. but without her, will the YS x PSR ship even sail?

Not that she has to put the actual effort, but more like a catalyst for YS’s change of character / PSY’s realization of his feelings.

- Within Danbam, YS and PSR are the only Alpha personalities; I can’t seem to find anyone more suitable than SA to pep talk YS. I think her words to YS carry a lot of weight (and is a huge giveaway as an opponent) but not really appreciated. Imagine that talk in ep 8 never happened, would YS realize the meaning of being at PSR’s side?

- PSR is a man of grit and persistence. He is a marathoner. And SA knows that. He may develop feelings for YS after going through thick and thin together.. But he will be the same stubborn guy that insists on the fact that he likes SA. I have a feeling that SA will be the only person capable to contest his feelings, and make him realize his feelings for YS. Otherwise he will continue to be the consistent guy that answers YES every time SA asks him “Do you still like me?”.

SA need not talk sense to them if she doesn’t care for PSR or if she is as selfish as haters say.. To be able to let go of the person she likes will not be easy for her..

And if she is greedy she can suck up to JW anytime, or approach PSR for the money when he is successful.. however I believe she will remain the same independent woman that takes care of herself well (the quality that PSR likes about SA).

All above are just my guess.. Let’s see in future episodes..

IMO, doesn’t matter who we ship, no matter the outcome (in the romance department), we can still root for all characters for their happiness.. Like the article says, they are outcasts working for their second chances.. i also rather they don't depend on one person for their happiness.. they can learn to love but not to obsess.. they should not deny genuine friendships too..

@Whisper2 I sometimes which she could do all she is being held responsible for…  but honestly I gravitate to people who have less on their side because having one person is better than none ..

On 2/24/2020 at 7:09 AM, greenwatch08 said:

I'm suprise SA doesnt tell SRY straightfowardly 

that she likes him(romantically)? He always tells her he likes her, although now I'm not sure how much of it is romantic? SA is fully aware of how much SRY likes her since forever. Is she waiting for SRY to ask her out or is she seeing something in SRY that's changed? He is so stubborn he'll probably ask her out when he's super rich lol. You'd think SA would be more frank but surprisingly SRY is, even though hes quite the aloof in the love/romance department

@greenwatch08

SRY confidence shows that he knows she likes him too… And that scene about how he never asked her out also validated that… But honestly these two are just playing the if I had known game…

I feel he is willing to get help from anyone except SA… I could argue ego ,but the show is trying too hard to make him papa Theresa  

On 2/24/2020 at 4:27 PM, crackaddict said:

Oh JYS is the FL of the show? There's actually a FL in the show? Like a romantic one? lol.

I was totally watching the show as a family drama! hahaha. I feel like everybody that works at DanBam + OSA and LHJ were basically misfits adopted by Big Brother PSRY. They all needed someone to be unequivocally on their side and accept them for who they are, whether they realize it or not. Even whatever romantic affections for OSA feel pretty paternal from PSRY's end. I saw the scene where JYS had her head on PSRY's knee, and she might as well have been 12 years old to him. 

I feel PSRY has his priorities correct---he needs to take down Chairman Jang and his vampiric looking eldest son. 

@crackaddict… There is not a need for romance in this show it has too many problems but I have come to realise kdrama need romance to function…  , this is why i love hate jdramas  ... romance is honestly a coin flip  but in kdramas you know 

On 2/25/2020 at 7:02 AM, wisely1300 said:
Spoiler

So, in other words, you're a selfish friend who does not care about the fact that your friends need to earn a living and that sometimes in life you gotta do what you have to do to survive. For all you know, that job might have been the only job available to her, someone with no connections, no family and friends, especially in a country like SK, where nepotism is rampant. So you expect your friend to starve? What good would do for you and her??

Lol, are we watching the same drama? JYS, with a lot of friends???? The same JYS who literally did not give a richard simmons about her best friend GS and kicked him to the curb?? What change did she show? She only took GS back (hell she said it to his face) because Sae Ro Yi was pissed at her for doing that. In other words, all throughout, she treats HER BEST FRIEND like an object depending on how she thinks it helps her with Sae Ro Yi. If she has liked some other guy who wanted her to kick GS to the curb instead of a nice person like Sae Ro Yi, GS would have been unfriended by her immediately. I don't know anyone who would want to be friends with a person who can so easily throw away a friendship simply for her own goals and desires. I find it hilarious that you give JYS a pass because of her personality, but does not give SA any excuses because of her background. 

Sigh, since when do people go around kissing people they have no romantic feelings towards? SA said it herself, that SR shined too brightly. I don't know if she loves him, but she definitely likes him in a romantic sense. As for SR towards SA, y'all really trying to do mental gymnastics to downgrade his feelings towards her. He was: a) notably flustered when she linked her arms with his in episode 3. He also asked her for a little date after closing time (didn't happen because of the underage drinking); b) accepted her kiss by closing his eyes (or would have accepted if not for JYS intervention); c) noticeably more touchy with her when he/she's upset (held her hands at the bus stop for example). All these behaviors of his are noticeably absent towards his Dambam team. You can argue that maybe their love is romanticized by both of them a bit, but their feelings towards each other are definitely romantic, not platonic, especially SR towards SA. He is a person who is very clear about what he wants and what his goals are, and one of these goals has been (for a long time now) to date SA. 

lol you came out swinging ... 

This, what type of person would SRY be if he said, how dare you take that job, “how dare you female, orphaned, broke, jobless, in a discriminative society, take a job/busary from a good company ( I will sing this song to thy kingdomcome chairman bad, jco an entity of its own who papa SRY himself was proud to work for)  how dare she want to fight for the only thing she could get an education… How dare she… Like YS says give an alternative that will not make a girl starve to death or work to death all in the name of what??...

To me sociopath is the excuse used for every think she does wrong… for such a high iq I would think she should have if not understood, but learned the human basics… the argument that she would grow baffles me, so all her nonsense is okay because in the future she will grow?? But then again she will grow that I am sure of … sooner or later

DOWNGRADE that is the word I have been looking for, why are we so adamant to prove he doesn't like her, how many times does he have to say it… Thank you we can argue the love/like  will lead to disappointment stands, but that is not Actually like/ I call BS….

On 2/25/2020 at 7:21 AM, wisely1300 said:

Also, please name a single thing that SA has done to intentionally hurt SR. What exactly has she done?? Accept a scholarship and then work at Jangga even tho she knew the boss was evil? So then should all Apple, Walmart, Amazon workers quit because all those companies (and basically all big corps) heavily abuse child labor and their own workers in third-world countries....And SR was basically gone for 10 years (3 years in jail and then 7 years fishing), so she had to survive completely alone. At that point, you take what you can get to live. And for all those people who wants her to quit Jangga and join Danbam to be a good friend for Sae Ro Yi...what type of friend would Sae Ro Yi be if he lets his love and his friend quit a great job for his sake?? Heck, how many of y’all would turn down a great job offer simply because the company’s ethics are not good? Is Soo Ah a bit selfish at times? Sure, but who tf in real life is not looking out for their best interests? She’s a person with her own worth too, and as long as she does not hurt her friends (AND AGAIN, SHE HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING THAT HURT SAE RO YI), why isn’t she allowed to chase after her own desires? Maybe once she's actually forced to choose between the company and SR it'll be different, but for now, she hasn't done anything to intentionally hurt him. 

her accepting that scholarship made her the evilest backstabbing B, that ever backstabbed… Everything she does becomes unacceptable because she did not give up her life to stay by a guy in prison… With Évery thing you just said, I have to ask what more do people want her to have done?? What more??

Honestly, this need for SA to give up her life to prove how much she can care for SRY, fascinating, SRY is even lucky he is the hero and it’s a sure fact he will succeed… If we weren't so sure , would we tell someone to give up their good well-paying job, instead of saying stay there at least you two have a safe net…

To me he needs her as he needs his team… he supports  everyone… Purple head, scare face, little brother and am sure he will fight for YS… That's his charm…

On 2/25/2020 at 9:23 AM, greenwatch08 said:

@wisely1300

I'm sure literally everyone on this thread is fully AWARE how much SRY likes SA. SA even knows that too. I know that too. The next person to post whatever next on this thread knows that. Everyone knows that here. SRY repeats it so many times. Like what else is new???  I'm not down playing his friendship with SA but the things is SRY has formed a close-knit bond with Danbam. SA isnt just the only important person to him anymore. Danbam is what he calls 'my people'. That's why SA says she's jealous. Also, he's been emotionally/

physically dependent on Danbam. He says the reason he can GO ON is HIS BELIEF in Dandam crew. That's why he tells SA he cant see Danbam without JYS or losing any of his crew. The thought of not having any of them by his side makes him angry. As for the physical touches, he literally pats JYS on the head everytime because he finds her impressive. He even let's JYS lock arms with his & let's her into his personal space physically & emotionally, hence that very INTIMATE scene in episode 7. SRY even brought JYS head towards his shoulder & smiled. SRY hugs JGS & pats his head to reassure JGS that hes not at fault because of his sh*tty family. SRY & Danbam crew put all their hands on eachother in a circle to hooray for their success. Btw, his interactions/scenes with Danbam team is so much more engaging by ten folds than his with SA. Danbam is literally his 'found family'. 

let me place my thre cents .... 

@greenwatch08 honestly, SRY, deserved to go to jail, we could argue the number of years, but he deserved it… He attacked and almost killed another human being…

The same way chairson has to be jail… Am not sure how many years as it was an accident…

The same way chairman should go to jail, for cover up, bribery and abiding a criminal blah blah blah….

And it's not about down playing his friendship. It’s about down playing his romantic feelings towards her… Into fantasy and teenage crush and many other… Even though he is old enough and wise enough and it's been long enough, and many people have come and gone in his life for him to know what or who he likes…

To me the argument could be there hasn't been anyone that he was attracted enough to, to challenge his feelings for her…

I agree dambam is his found family, but why do we have to take away from SA to prove how much of a family dambam is… Why can't it be "with SA and dambam he has a bigger family" but instead it's always "dambam is far more better"

On 2/25/2020 at 12:10 PM, Whisper2 said:

For example. Even when she says "you are too shining to me", it can be interpreted as SA blaming PSR for making her feel guilty, SA blames PSR for outshining her, SA looking down on PSR and doesn't want him to succeed.. 

But my instant interpretation on that phrase was that she thinks that PSR is too good for her (he is the kind guy who is impossible loyal, understanding, hardworking, persistent, morally just etc etc) and she feels she doesn't deserve him.. simple as that.. she also calls PSR " a fool" for loving her so long.. no negative associations..

I felt her saying he is shining too brightly, was very sad as, it was kind of a foreshadow, that with her, he doesn't think he would shine that brightly… like she is slowly realising they should let each other go…

On 2/25/2020 at 1:26 PM, Broaddaylight said:

SA is getting more hate than the likes of Ms Kang, who is also aware that the chairman covered up for his son. Ms Kang even refers to it when she meets with SRY and his buddy. Ms Kang also does not do anything to help PSRY avoid jail, whilst she most likely has the power to do something about it.

I think the fact that OSA is not well-liked by the viewers has less to do with the character, but more with the actress. Kwon Nara gives us quite a lethargic acting performance as OSA. She talks in a monotone voice, stretches her eyes wide open and likes to have her mouth half open all the time. Her face does not carry a lot of emotions, which is probably due to the fact that she is not experienced as an actress. Nara misses the subtleness in acting that KDB has. For example, when PSRY stripped JYS from her management tasks, you actually felt her pain when she was talking about sympathy. She incorporates weird voice cracks and heavy breathing in her acting instead of just screaming or crying like most actors do.

I felt that Nara's acting in her last project (Doctor Prisoner) was also quite lukewarm. In fact, she was supposed to play the FL in Doctor Prisoner, but it was hardly noticeable as she was outacted by the rest of the cast. In fact, Kim Byung Chul and Choi Won Young were supposed to be supporting characters, but eventually ended up having more lines and more prominent roles than she did.

I know zéro about acting so I can't say much… But I think another reason is the so called love triangle…  me I just tend to gravitate towards characters that are more hated… Then get my heart broken because obviously it won't end well…

On 2/25/2020 at 5:52 PM, greenwatch08 said:

The thing is SA, besides the former cop/dad, is legitimately the only other person who can/could testify against JDH/JGW because she was a main witness since she knows about the car(plate situation). I'm not expecting her to be on SRY side since SRY doesnt expect anything from SA.

assuming the car plate, doesn't mean it was the person driving… And she had told SRY, the car belongs to chair son… Hence anybody who knew chair son could also be able to say that the car belongs to him… Am sure she isn't the only person who knows his plate number… and its all here say , but I see @Whisper2 gave a more befitting reply

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Thanks 1

@NaYouSabi?

JYS lacks empathy & self awareness so ofcourse her apologies comes off as self serving & ingenuine because shes never had to be apologetic & gain a different perspective other than her own before. Thats why her & SRY butt heads because they have a different mindset/outlook of the world. But the thing is she is THINKING about it. She's trying to, willing to understand SRY 's perspective. Is it for love, at the moment? Yes. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's a start. She has to START somewhere. Each Danbam crew changed for a different/personal reason when they met/work alongside SRY. For JYS, part of it, just happens to be love.

When you learn/grow from a positive/loving enviroment, it changes people. It's because she is now under SRY's wings & Danbam crew, she can learn to be better. Shes wont be a saint over night. Its

not realistic. It's going to take AWHILE to unlearn problematic behavior/attitude like JYS since she was conditioned that way(from her mom & SK society). Hopefully she learns it with sincerity on her own overtime & is grateful to those who allowed her to learn/grow in their space. Btw, I'm not excusing her actions/words. I dont see the writers writing JYS this way as a disservice to her character. To me, It's a different approach that not alot of people are use to seeing/prominent in a kdrama. Not everyone has a same approach to growth/learning. Some people have to learn it the HARD way. 

About SA & SRY relationship. @Whisper2 and

I were discussing in a previous post about effort. Theres no effort between those two it when comes to romantic love/being in a relationship. No one is downplaying SA's importance to SRY. Everyone knows that they both like eachother/care about one another. The point is there is no initation on each other's part. Btw, I'm am not a fan of 'childhood/teen friends to lovers' trope. That's why I cant get behind SA & SRY. SRY & SA have history together but after the 7 years time skip, they havent remotely created any new significant memories/bond & built upon that. There is no build up between the two. Are they going to wait for eachother until J Co goes under/JGW goes to jail? Theres clearly nothing stopping them from actually dating eachother at this point. Maybe something's changed? That's probably why SA is egging/helping JYS to win SRY's heart? That's why every Danbam crew are hinting that SRY & JYS is something more/could be? Remember when SRY told JDH that he NEVER took anything of 'importance' from SRY. JDH ponders about that statement at the end of episode 8, and it pans out to SA asking SRY the question if JYS is the reason to make HER unemployed, making the focus on SA herself. But SRY made the answer to that question about JYS very specifically. SRY could have just said a simple 'yes' in response to that question, which would infer that he needs JYS in his plan to make SA unemployed, but he didnt. He elaborate on it without any inclusion of SA. Then it pans out to SRY telling SA he cant imagine Danbam without JYS, smiling. JDH wants to take JYS away from SRY. He is hitting SRY where it's going to hurt the most because JYS is that 'importance'. 

SA continues to say that SRY likes her but that's it on her part. SRY likes her but hes never going to ask her out (romantically) because he is stubborn lol. 

You cant just wait for love to come to you when its convenient. Look how SRY & JYS always get into arguments/conflicted about certain things then they come to realize the faults & work it out. They get hot/messy towards each other & sometimes dont understand each other but isnt that what happens in a relationship? Even though it is one sided, the effort is there. Remember when SRY said he never consoled with anyone before about his inner feelings but he did so on the bridge with JYS. JYS even told him she wants to be supportive of him. I think SRY was happy to hear those words & then asked/insisted JYS to go with him on the trip. SRY opened up about such a personal part of himself, his whole life story to JYS on the bus. He feels comfortable allowing her into his space that intimately. SRY was also taken aback when JYS told him to take care of himself. Btw,

I'm not saying JYS is the one who derserves to be with SRY. Im just pointing out that their conversation

/interaction/argument is what reminds me of a relationship between two people. This is the kind of dynamic I like to see onscreen. Plus SRY & JYS said they will DREAM together to make Danbam big, which pretty much hints their future prospect together? Not only that, SRY is building new memories/moments with JYS(& Danbam) than he is with SA. That's very significant & very telling to his overall character arch/journey. SRY is not defined/confined just to

his past relationships. IC is all about second chances/growth/moving forward right? He might not have found love in his first love/crush or built an actual (romantic) relationship with SA, but he'll find it again somewhere with someone else(or not lol). 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1